inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Color blocking - Love it or hate it?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/04/20 at 12:17 am

While minimalist fashion is still ongoing with white/black or pastel tops and jeans or track pants, color block has been the go-to trend by many since late 2018, where colors are more vibrant, and diverse as opposed to the generic pastel colors with minimalist/tumblr aesthetic. It is very contrasty, with bright colors being mixed with darker ones, and this is evident with fully colored Tommy Hilfiger tops. There are also striped shirts, mainly using cues from bright yellow, white, and dark green, something very Xennial-era inspired, and in some cases, even New Jack Swing fonts are used. This is a sign of the revival of both the Xennial era and Y2K era, and it is up to you whether or not you like this trend, or you prefer going minimal, or even something else.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JGJmcx86pX4/maxresdefault.jpg

In my opinion, I like this design, it is very contrasty and vibrant, it helps colors pop more rather than just being stagnant with pastels. At first, it can be too bright to the eyes, but you'll get used to it  ;)

Subject: Re: Color blocking - Love it or hate it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/20 at 2:12 am

The clothing displayed in the image hearkens back to the sixties and seventies, and the female clothing makes me think of the French Tricolour.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 02/05/20 at 8:31 pm

I love color blocks. I think the style was really cute. Cross colors really brought to life that fashion in the late 80’s to early 90’s. By the mid 90’s- early 2000’s brands like Tommy hilfiger, Polo Sports and Dkny began changing the color block trend from bright oranges, pinks and purples to more blues, yellows and reds. https://imgur.com/a/rI2M0p6 Here’s me in 2000. My color block nylon jacket kinda shows what I mean.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/05/20 at 8:32 pm

I love color blocks. I think the style was really cute. Cross colors really brought to life that fashion in the late 80’s to early 90’s. By the mid 90’s- early 2000’s brands like Tommy hilfiger, Polo Sports and Dkny began changing the color block trend from bright oranges, pinks, reds, blues and yellows to a more darker look. https://imgur.com/a/rI2M0p6 Here’s me in 2000. My color block nylon jacket kinda shows what I mean.

Yeah! Pretty diverse and vibrant

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/06/20 at 10:04 am

Very much my kind of style. I have a yellow turtleneck like that one.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/06/20 at 11:46 am

I love simple clean lines so love it.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/06/20 at 12:08 pm

If the shirts and pants match well in complimentary colors, then yeah, I like it.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/06/20 at 1:17 pm

Not my style, but I do like those sweaters that had a stripe across the chest or down the arms.

Check for new replies or respond here...