inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Author Stephen King quits Facebook

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/20 at 3:56 am

Novelist Stephen King has quit Facebook, saying he was uncomfortable with the "flood of false information allowed in its political advertising". He also said he was not confident the social network was protecting "users' privacy". He made the announcement on Twitter, where he has 5.6 million followers. Other high-profile users to quit include Star Wars actor Mark Hamill, comedian Will Ferrell, musician Cher and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51372018

Subject: Re: Author Stephen King quits Facebook

Written By: Sman12 on 02/05/20 at 6:49 am

And the glorious decline of Facebook continues.  :)

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/05/20 at 7:20 am

I don’t blame him. I deleted my FB in September and haven’t looked back or even missed it.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/05/20 at 10:48 am

I don’t blame him. I deleted my FB in September and haven’t looked back or even missed it.

I feel as if most people who are on Facebook anyway are older Gen Xers, Boomers, and Millenials who want long-distance connections with friends and family; at least that's what I'm seeing on my timeline.

Written By: 2001 on 02/05/20 at 2:26 pm

Let's go back to Livejournal tbh

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/20 at 2:52 pm

Were his comments and messages sent were as long as his books?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/05/20 at 4:26 pm

I don't have a Facebook at all.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/05/20 at 5:44 pm

I had a ham sandwich today.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/05/20 at 7:54 pm

I don't have a Facebook at all.

Me either. I tried it about 10 years ago but nothing good came of it so I dumped it and never looked back.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/05/20 at 8:02 pm

I feel as if most people who are on Facebook anyway are older Gen Xers, Boomers, and Millenials who want long-distance connections with friends and family; at least that's what I'm seeing on my timeline.

Eh, I’m a millennial and I’m over it. Also I don’t like how social media was used to manipulate the public.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/06/20 at 1:29 am

I don't either. I have it as an alternate way to get in touch with certain people, but I use it sparingly as I don't think it's a healthy place to spend loads of time on.

Let's go back to Livejournal tbh

I miss those days! Xanga too, but that's completely gone. Tumblr just doesn't cut it, it's hard to properly connect with people on that one. Twitter would be ok if it had a larger word limit, but even that's getting past it's prime. There is new stuff in the works I'm sure, but I don't care for the stuff that's mobile focused only.

Written By: 2001 on 02/06/20 at 5:03 am

I don't either. I have it as an alternate way to get in touch with certain people, but I use it sparingly as I don't think it's a healthy place to spend loads of time on.
I miss those days! Xanga too, but that's completely gone. Tumblr just doesn't cut it, it's hard to properly connect with people on that one. Twitter would be ok if it had a larger word limit, but even that's getting past it's prime. There is new stuff in the works I'm sure, but I don't care for the stuff that's mobile focused only.

I said that because George R. R. Martin still uses Livejournal ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/06/20 at 7:17 am

Me either. I tried it about 10 years ago but nothing good came of it so I dumped it and never looked back.

I just decided to not share my personal things on social media.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/06/20 at 1:16 pm

I said that because George R. R. Martin still uses Livejournal ;D

How old school of him! But I still miss it when you could blog without fear of who sees what and get your thoughts out of your system.

Check for new replies or respond here...