inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why Bob Iger's long goodbye to Disney is a very big deal

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/26/20 at 9:56 am

The news that Disney boss Bob Iger is stepping down as the company's CEO has taken the movie world by surprise. Since becoming chief executive in 2005, Iger led the company through several blockbuster acquisitions and the launch of the Disney+ streaming service. Viewed by many to be the most powerful man in Hollywood, Iger had previously announced plans to retire only to push back his departure date. Iger will remain Disney's executive chairman until the end of 2021. In a statement, the company said Iger would direct its "creative endeavours" while ensuring "a smooth and successful transition". Bob Chapek, who joined Disney in 1993 and previously ran the company's parks and products division, has been appointed the company's new CEO.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51643876

Subject: Re: Why Bob Iger's long goodbye to Disney is a very big deal

Written By: Sman12 on 02/26/20 at 10:06 am

As much as I don't like him monopolizing popular franchises, I do wish him all the best.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/26/20 at 10:38 am

While we are speaking of Disney, has anyone else noticed that the animated character of "Ian Lightfoot" from the new, highly publicized "Onward" film bears more than a passing resemblance to a younger Nick Jonas? The main reason I find this odd is because Jonas doesn't voice the character. Disney has a history of doing this, right from their very first animated feature in the 1930s. The image of Snow White was based on early movie star Hedy Lamarr. This ties in to the topic about executives, because if it is based on Jonas then obviously some deal took place behind the scenes. Stars are way too business savvy these days to let their likeness be used without compensation.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/26/20 at 11:41 am

While we are speaking of Disney, has anyone else noticed that the animated character of "Ian Lightfoot" from the new, highly publicized "Onward" film bears more than a passing resemblance to a younger Nick Jonas? The main reason I find this odd is because Jonas doesn't voice the character. Disney has a history of doing this, right from their very first animated feature in the 1930s. The image of Snow White was based on early movie star Hedy Lamarr. This ties in to the topic about executives, because if it is based on Jonas then obviously some deal took place behind the scenes. Stars are way too business savvy these days to let their likeness be used without compensation.

I'm not really sure Nick Jonas would care too much about a PASSING resemblance of a character that likely isn't inspired by him.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/26/20 at 11:46 am

I'm not really sure Nick Jonas would care too much about a PASSING resemblance of a character that likely isn't inspired by him.

People have sued for less in this litigious day and age. Besides, it's more than a passing resemblance.

Check for new replies or respond here...