inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Rock Music Coming Back?

Written By: Slim95 on 02/29/20 at 5:26 pm

I can't help but notice some of this pop-rock / alternative style sound you can hear a bit in some of these popular songs. Do you think rock can come back and that will usher the new era for the early 2020s?

0sca9FP6zl8

yrcZdxN7z-U

VF-r5TtlT9w

I don't know if the Cara song is popular in the US but it does get quite a bit of radio air play here in Canada.

Subject: Re: Is Rock Music Coming Back?

Written By: 2001 on 02/29/20 at 5:38 pm

I don't think so. Rock has never been less popular than in 2020. Even in 2016/2017 indie rock had a decent presence in the charts.

Harry Styles always made rock. Once he and a couple of others are gone maybe by the mid-2020s or so I think rock will go the way of jazz.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/29/20 at 7:15 pm

I don't think so. Rock has never been less popular than in 2020. Even in 2016/2017 indie rock had a decent presence in the charts.

Harry Styles always made rock. Once he and a couple of others are gone maybe by the mid-2020s or so I think rock will go the way of jazz.

Agree. Rock, like jazz, will NEVER go away, but it won't be popular again. Hip-hop has taken the threshold of the youth today.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/29/20 at 9:50 pm

Maybe Bill and Ted Face the Music will make rock music and air guitar cool again, lol.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/01/20 at 7:09 am

Nope.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/20 at 7:28 am

Rock music was popular during the 70's and 80's, not much today.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/02/20 at 2:15 am

Even in 2016/2017 indie rock had a decent presence in the charts.

Yeah, rock disappeared for good after people my age graduated from high school. Coincidence? I think not. :P  8)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/05/20 at 10:17 am

In 2020, maybe not but the 20s might be a rock/metal revival.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/05/20 at 7:22 pm

In 2020, maybe not but the 20s might be a rock/metal revival.

I can see this. I've been noticing that a lot of rap artists have been mining through metal and hard rock lately. Deftones had Future and Megan Thee Stallion in their Dia de Los Deftones festivals. Post Malone is a huge hair metal fan. Travis Scott had Marilyn Manson at Astroworld.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/06/20 at 5:00 am

I can see this. I've been noticing that a lot of rap artists have been mining through metal and hard rock lately. Deftones had Future and Megan Thee Stallion are their Dia de Los Deftones festivals. Post Malone is a huge hair metal fan. Travis Scott had Marilyn Manson at Astroworld.

Post Malone even collaborated with Ozzy Osbourne for one of his album tracks last year.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/06/20 at 7:21 am

Wow, seems like rock music is getting more love lately from today's rap stars. But I'm still skeptical about rock being revived in popularity.

Check for new replies or respond here...