inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Genesis reunite for first tour in 13 years

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/05/20 at 1:41 am

Rock band Genesis have reformed for a tour, 13 years after last performing together. Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford confirmed the reunion on Zoe Ball's BBC Radio 2 show on Wednesday. "We all felt, 'Why not?'" Collins told BBC News. "It sounds a bit of a lame reason - but we enjoy each other's company, we enjoy playing together." The trio will be joined on stage by Collins' 18-year-old son Nicholas, who replaces his father on drums. The star suffered nerve damage during Genesis's last tour in 2007, which left him unable to play for extended periods of time. Founding member Peter Gabriel, who left the group in 1975, will not be taking part. Guitarist Steve Hackett will also miss the shows. "Peter left the band 45 years ago and he's been trying to live it down ever since," said Banks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51734115

Subject: Re: Genesis reunite for first tour in 13 years

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/07/20 at 7:20 am

It seems they have always done that. Got together then went their separate ways then back together etc. Last time I think it was called turn it on again.

I think it’s great and fortunate that these guys can still play together after all these years.  By the sounds of it this might be their last time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/07/20 at 8:00 am

Nice to see them out there still kicking butt. They’re All only 69 or 70 years old, so they’ve still got plenty of legs left.

Subject: Genesis reunite for first tour in 13 years

Written By: Dude111 on 03/19/20 at 4:31 am

I wonder why Peter doesnt want back in???

Hmmmmmm

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/20 at 5:27 am

I wonder why Peter doesnt want back in???

Hmmmmmm
Founding member Peter Gabriel, who left the group in 1975, will not be taking part. Guitarist Steve Hackett will also miss the shows. "Peter left the band 45 years ago and he's been trying to live it down ever since," said Banks. "When they put his birthday in The Times, they always say, 'Peter Gabriel - Genesis singer.' And I think, 'What's the guy been doing since then, for God's sake?'" Banks said it wouldn't make sense to bring Gabriel back because "most of the songs people know" came after his departure, but added: "We love Peter."

Written By: Ripley on 03/19/20 at 4:55 pm

I would love this show!

Written By: Fearsword on 03/21/20 at 11:48 pm

They reunite when the world is a land of confusion. Seems legit

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/20 at 1:01 am

They should get Peter Gabriel and Paul Carrack to join the tour, so not only can they do the Collins era Genesis, they can do Gabriel-era Genesis songs, both Collins and Gabriel solo favourites, then bring out Carrack to do some solo songs and some Mike + the Mechanics songs

Check for new replies or respond here...