inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Future of Fortnite

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 4:43 pm

Where does everyone see Fortnite in a few more years? Should there be a Fortnite movie? Do you know any
die-hard Fortnite fans who own the merchandise, own the XBOX One game, have it on iOS, and talk about it everyday?

Subject: Re: The Future of Fortnite

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/07/20 at 6:27 pm

I thought it was already in decline?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 7:12 pm

I thought it was already in decline?

What is its replacement?

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/07/20 at 10:08 pm

What is its replacement?

I'm sure there'll be a new game that's a big deal.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 10:27 pm

There’s still Google Top Stories and Also In The News section for Fortnite. I’m pretty sure that in the future, Fortnite will be big part of the years 2018 to 2021 for Gen Zers and Alphas.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/07/20 at 10:55 pm

Fortnite is boring now to be honest. I remember when it first came out, it felt brand new and shiny, up until Chapter 1 Season 6 where it started dying for me... Now the game is full of tryhards and toxic kids, but that happens with every online game, it's just that Epic Games needs to have a more advanced rank system. Even lots of my friends quit Fortnite because they moved onto other things...

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 10:58 pm

Fortnite is boring now to be honest. I remember when it first came out, it felt brand new and shiny, up until Chapter 1 Season 6 where it started dying for me... Now the game is full of tryhards and toxic kids, but that happens with every online game, it's just that Epic Games needs to have a more advanced rank system. Even lots of my friends quit Fortnite because they moved onto other things...

Other things like what?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/07/20 at 11:04 pm

Other things like what?
Other games like Minecraft, Rust, GTA Online, etc. If not games, they're busy with school or work

Written By: Dundee on 03/09/20 at 6:16 pm

I've seen this game popping up lately:
https://i1.wp.com/null48.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Dragon-RAJA-Android.jpg?fit=900%2C471&ssl=1

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/09/20 at 9:44 pm

It'll fade away for now, and come back in 2028-2029 when there's Fortnite nostalgia online (as much as some cringe/dread that thought, lol). On the internet, it seems xxx8-xxx9 is when nostalgia revivals for games explode (i.e. Pokemon G1 nostalgia in 2008-2009, Minecraft nostalgia in 2018-2019).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/20 at 6:48 am

It'll fade away for now...
No more late nights or staying up all night for children?

Written By: muppethammer26 on 03/23/20 at 1:37 am

I think Battle Royale games (including Fortnite) will die out around 2022 or 2023 and then the Battle Royale genre would later be seen as a fad genre similar to peripheral-based rhythm games (2005-2010) and toys-to-life games (2011-2017). After that point, the Battle Royale genre will probably get replaced by another fad genre and Fortnite merchandise will mostly be found in flea markets and thrift shops.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/23/20 at 4:20 am

I always preferred battle royale games like Overwatch or Apex Legends over Fortnite.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/23/20 at 1:40 pm

Was Fortnite Battle Royale an Alpha’s Pokèmon G1?

Written By: Sman12 on 03/23/20 at 4:23 pm

Was Fortnite Battle Royale an Alpha’s Pokèmon G1?

I don't know about that. Both games are NOT the same.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/23/20 at 5:45 pm

I don't know about that. Both games are NOT the same.

Pokèmon was a far bigger deal in 1999 than Fornite has been in this time.

Check for new replies or respond here...