inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do you think the coronavirus will change the decade?

Written By: StrangeShape on 03/15/20 at 3:03 am

Small or Big changes, i want to see this board's throughs...

Subject: Re: How do you think the coronavirus will change the decade?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/20 at 3:07 am

Read here it will enlighten you in this subject.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/20 at 2:10 pm

I think it will change people's life.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/20/20 at 2:58 pm

In America there will probably be more crime and violence, and civil unrest.

Written By: 2001 on 11/20/20 at 8:04 pm

I was hoping we'd have a decade of less fake news and more respect for science and mathematics but LOL I bet healing crystal sales went up.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/20/20 at 8:15 pm

God forbid people work on their own health issues way way before they become too weak to fight off any virus.  Example would be to throw away their lung damaging cigs.

I said it before and I'll say it again, people need to take personal responsibility for their health and use prevention.

Thinking about pictures of  masses of chinese people wearing a sea of masks, they have the worse pollution in the world and the mask is for the pollution reasons...and they are heavy smokers as are the italians and they had high covid stats

Written By: duenas8 on 11/21/20 at 4:47 am

s3YTfhJmh1I

Watching this video I was wondering if something worse than a pandemic could happen, not necessarily a war. In the year 536 there was a huge volcanic eruption which reduced the temperature of the whole world due to the ashes and gases. Nowadays a super volcano eruption, like the Yellowstone is on the edge (a thousand years from today :P) or maybe a mega earthquake in a essential city for the global economy. The earth is really trying to get rid of us, natural disasters are only going to get worse throughout this century.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/20 at 8:03 am

In America there will probably be more crime and violence, and civil unrest.

I think The 2020's will make people become more deranged.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/24/20 at 8:05 am

God forbid people work on their own health issues way way before they become too weak to fight off any virus.  Example would be to throw away their lung damaging cigs.

I said it before and I'll say it again, people need to take personal responsibility for their health and use prevention.

Thinking about pictures of  masses of chinese people wearing a sea of masks, they have the worse pollution in the world and the mask is for the pollution reasons...and they are heavy smokers as are the italians and they had high covid stats
Once again, not everyone is able to do that, the elderly or some adults with various addictions or health problems can't just go like *poof* "Imma go healthy in 1 day," can't you see how hard it can be for some people?? We can't just let covid spread and act like its normal or funny because 1.4 Million people have died from the virus.

Written By: Sman12 on 11/24/20 at 11:22 am

Hopefully governments are more equipped to handle pandemics better next time.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/24/20 at 12:42 pm

We'll find out if we're still around.

And no one is talking about "going poof"...planning and prevention is necessary....good grief....

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/24/20 at 1:14 pm

Hopefully governments are more equipped to handle pandemics better next time.

I would  HOPE so many have learned a lot from this virus and will be able to handle their own issues and NOT rely on govt....in my experiences thru all this I don't believe the govt was so great, people's lives destroyed  by the actions taken.....

Keep your Immune System healthy for starters, govt doesn't tell us that one.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/24/20 at 7:03 pm

I would  HOPE so many have learned a lot from this virus and will be able to handle their own issues and NOT rely on govt....in my experiences thru all this I don't believe the govt was so great, people's lives destroyed  by the actions taken.....

Keep your Immune System healthy for starters, govt doesn't tell us that one.
It happens in every country though, most especially China and South Korea. In Wuhan, they were on a VERY, VERY strict lockdown for 76 days, nobody was allowed to go outside no matter how people want to go out with friends. You can tell how much people were longing badly to not social distance when they lifted lockdown restrictions on April 8, crying to see their friends and family. Same with Australia and New Zealand, nobody was allowed to travel city to city, despite people still feeling tempted to do it but since the government and police officers did their job, their cases were low, and people could get caught city travelling.

In America and other parts of the world however, the government is being lazy. People don't want to social distance, nor wear masks, Donald Trump doesn't care as he always denies it. He could've done the same procedures as Australia or China but nope, he allowed city travel and think its funny to see active cases go up because he's a hypocrite.

I'm mentioning this again, people can be stubborn, but its up to the government to make restrictions strict or not, because even the most stubborn people in China who don't want to social distance were forced by the police and government, and while I'm still mad at their government for spreading the virus, I had to give them credit for what they have done to flatten the curve.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/24/20 at 7:17 pm

Maybe with the vaccine we will go back to being the way things were before Covid. I hope so!

Written By: 2001 on 11/24/20 at 7:20 pm

It happens in every country though, most especially China and South Korea. In Wuhan, they were on a VERY, VERY strict lockdown for 76 days, nobody was allowed to go outside no matter how people want to go out with friends. You can tell how much people were longing badly to not social distance when they lifted lockdown restrictions on April 8, crying to see their friends and family. Same with Australia and New Zealand, nobody was allowed to travel city to city, despite people still feeling tempted to do it but since the government and police officers did their job, their cases were low, and people could get caught city travelling.

In America and other parts of the world however, the government is being lazy. People don't want to social distance, nor wear masks, Donald Trump doesn't care as he always denies it. He could've done the same procedures as Australia or China but nope, he allowed city travel and think its funny to see active cases go up because he's a hypocrite.

I'm mentioning this again, people can be stubborn, but its up to the government to make restrictions strict or not, because even the most stubborn people in China who don't want to social distance were forced by the police and government, and while I'm still mad at their government for spreading the virus, I had to give them credit for what they have done to flatten the curve.

Everyone was hating on China at the beginning of the year but they got the last laugh. I look on them with envy.

To bring it back to the thread question, China is now a full-fledged superpower, so that is one interesting thing to watch out for in the 2020s.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 7:52 am

Maybe with the vaccine we will go back to being the way things were before Covid. I hope so!

I sure hope so too.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/20 at 1:34 pm

I think we're going to see things differently in the next few years.

Check for new replies or respond here...