inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Life is extremely unpredictable

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/16/20 at 6:14 pm

Not sure where to put this thread, so I just put it in the 2020's section.

Right now, we have a coronavirus epidemic that is probably the worst in the 21st century. Schools are closing, stores are closing, major events are getting cancelled, countries are literally being quarantined and going on lockdown. If you haven't heard of the coronavirus by now, you've been living under a rock.

But who could've predicted this in say, November 2019? That was only four months ago. Back then, we still thought 2021 would be the year everything changed. And yet look where we are now. Everything we are experiencing right now was unimaginable just four months ago.

This is why I'm starting to dislike predicting the future more and more. If we've learnt anything, it's that we can't really predict the future, and anything could happen.

If you told me just one year ago that I'd be working fast food, something that would make me feel dreadful just four months ago, I wouldn't believe you. And yet here I am with a job at Wendy's. I could feel single as hell right now but end up getting married in 2023. Or I could die tomorrow. It's literally impossible to predict future events.

I know this thread is kind of cliche and random, but it's just a thought I had.

Subject: Re: Life is extremely unpredictable

Written By: Sman12 on 03/16/20 at 10:35 pm

I get it. The pandemic is changing how we interact with each other now, and most people didn't realize how impactful this virus was until a few days ago (the night of March 11th is where everything changed; Trump's travel ban, Tom Hanks getting the virus, Rudy Gobert getting the virus and made the NBA suspend the season).

It's a new normal that we're dealing with, and we got to take it step-by-step.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/20 at 2:56 am

It's a new normal that we're dealing with, and we got to take it step-by-step.
Two weeks ago you would not how much you would be affected by this situation, as you say, take it step-by-step, one day at a time.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/17/20 at 3:16 am

Which is why I have never participated in any prediction threads throughout my time on this site. I feel like all the prediction threads are just dumb speculation and you're wasting your time. You just have to see how the future is going to play out. There's no way to predict it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/20 at 3:38 am

Which is why I have never participated in any prediction threads throughout my time on this site. I feel like all the prediction threads are just dumb speculation and you're wasting your time. You just have to see how the future is going to play out. There's no way to predict it.
I do not think that Nostradamus predicted this?

Written By: StrangeShape on 03/17/20 at 4:14 am

It's really weird to think about....

Back in 2017-2019 no one would think the 2020s would be any diferent than the 2010s and just be a "sequel decade" and look we're we are now  :-\\.
No one saw the Coronavirus coming....

Written By: Dundee on 03/17/20 at 4:59 am

You could even say that this was all unthinkable back in January 2020.

Could you believe these two articles were written only two months from eachother:
January 2020
https://i.imgur.com/NBdRm3y.jpgMarch 2020
https://i.imgur.com/YByvncr.jpg
The fact that freaking January 2020 is already dated blows my mind.

Written By: StrangeShape on 03/17/20 at 5:20 am

You could even say that this was all unthinkable back in January 2020.

Could you believe these two articles were written only two months from eachother:
January 2020
https://i.imgur.com/NBdRm3y.jpgMarch 2020
https://i.imgur.com/YByvncr.jpg
The fact that freaking January 2020 is already dated blows my mind.

Yup, it's really mind blowning that January, hell even February 2020 are already "outdated".
2020 is really a unique year.

Written By: Howard on 03/17/20 at 7:31 am

I do not think that Nostradamus predicted this?

Was that in his predictions? ???

Written By: Sman12 on 03/17/20 at 2:31 pm

Two weeks ago you would not how much you would be affected by this situation, as you say, take it step-by-step, one day at a time.

Exactly. It's crazy how things have changed in a span of two months.  :o

Written By: Howard on 03/17/20 at 2:40 pm

Exactly. It's crazy how things have changed in a span of two months.  :o

First, it was in China then it spread to the United States.  :o

Written By: That2004Kid on 03/17/20 at 6:14 pm

Pardon me for my views if they seem idealistic, but I'm HONESTLY hoping this whole virus suddenly dies down before May. Sure, there's some big shift people may be talking about, but this is not the way to live  :(

Written By: annimal on 03/17/20 at 6:58 pm

I'm not sure if everyone in the world can die from this.

Written By: Ripley on 03/17/20 at 7:41 pm

I totally get what you’re saying Rainbowz. It’s all so surreal and it’s like a movie come to life. After all the films I’ve seen I never imagined it would be real one day.😔

Written By: Dundee on 03/17/20 at 11:14 pm

I'm not sure if everyone in the world can die from this.
The virus is a threat mostly to the elderly, pregnant women and immunodeficient people (diabetes, cancer, AIDS, ...).

The problem is that you could unknowingly be carier of the disease and bring multiple people's lifes in danger.

A virus that is fairly lethal in some capacity but doesn't kill everything on sight (unlike something like Ebola) is probably the worst kind since it has an easy job at both spreading and killing.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/18/20 at 1:27 pm

I'm being quarantined in my home right now, and I'm sad that I cant see my friends or relatives who live far away  :\'( I get that I can play video games all day, but that's boring. I just wanna be social and interactive... I'm not too worried about the virus, but it's getting serious when stores, schools, and major events are getting closed/cancelled, and I'm most worried for the elderly.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/20 at 1:32 pm

I'm being quarantined in my home right now, and I'm sad that I cant see my friends or relatives who live far away  :\'( I get that I can play video games all day, but that's boring. I just wanna be social and interactive... I'm not too worried about the virus, but it's getting serious when stores, schools, and major events are getting closed/cancelled, and I'm most worried for the elderly.  :\'(
I am the same as you, my radio is on all day for key news reports on a talk radio station, but like this morning it was too depressing to listen to, I have music (classical) to listen to. I always in the past enjoy a movie on television, but now I cannot concentrate on viewing. My main wish in doing something is going out, even just to go shopping, it is all local now.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/18/20 at 1:34 pm

I am the same as you, my radio is on all day for key news reports on a talk radio station, but like this morning it was too depressing to listen to, I have music (classical) to listen to. I always in the past enjoy a movie on television, but now I cannot concentrate on viewing. My main wish in doing something is going out, even just to go shopping, it is all local now.
Yeah. Depressing...

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/20 at 1:36 pm

Yeah. Depressing...
Luckily for me, my Wi-Fi connection is much better now, a few months ago it kept cutting out.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/18/20 at 1:37 pm

Luckily for me, my Wi-Fi connection is much better now, a few months ago it kept cutting out.

Sweet! What are you gonna do when you're quarantined?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/20 at 1:42 pm

Sweet! What are you gonna do when you're quarantined?
Having had an unusual cough that started last week, but it is not as describe as a main symptom, and  I have a condition that is on the list, so I need to keep a social distance, so I think it is safer to stay at home, so I am getting ready for it now. Ii know that my son will help me out.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/18/20 at 1:45 pm

Having had an unusual cough that started last week, but it is not as describe as a main symptom, and  I have a condition that is on the list, so I need to keep a social distance, so I think it is safer to stay at home, so I am getting ready for it now. Ii know that my son will help me out.
Awww... I hope you feel better soon  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/20 at 1:47 pm

Awww... I hope you feel better soon  :\'(
Thank you. I just want to get back to the usual routine, it is two weeks now that I have not seen my granddaughter.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/18/20 at 1:48 pm

Thank you. I just want to get back to the usual routine, it is two weeks now that I have not seen my granddaughter.
Sorry to hear that... You can call her though :) The virus will end at some point...

Written By: Sman12 on 03/18/20 at 2:38 pm

We're all gonna root for you, man. I hope you do well.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/20 at 2:40 pm

We're all gonna root for you, man. I hope you do well.  :)
Thank you.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/20 at 4:03 pm

Could COVID-19 be THE BEAST ? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...