inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia

Written By: goodbants on 03/28/20 at 9:12 am

Thoughts on the album?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nQ_PpYn5QCPzEy6bLDHa001g6oruRlBmg

I’m really liking it. It has major 80s vibes.

Subject: Re: Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/28/20 at 9:21 am

The title song, Future Nostalgia reminds me of an old Janet Jackson song from the late 80's.

Written By: 97er on 03/28/20 at 11:08 am

LOVE THIS ALBUM. All boos, absolutely no skips.

I’m noticing a lot of 80’s style music being released. The Weeknd, Little Mix and Dua Lipa so far.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/28/20 at 12:36 pm

I'm not a fan of Dua, but I really like the album. The songs I disliked were "Good In Bed" (repetitive and annoying chorus) and "Boys Will Be Boys" (typical men-hating cliché).

Written By: woahjoey on 03/28/20 at 9:01 pm

Really love the album! Wish I could be dancing to it in the Castro :(

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/28/20 at 9:02 pm

I need to listen to Dua Lipa’s stuff. I haven’t heard a single of hers and I love pop culture.  :-[

Written By: Slim95 on 03/30/20 at 2:21 am

All pop music sounds straight out of the 80s now from The Weeknd, JT/SZA, Dua Lipa, etc. It's very refreshing even though it's a throwback. I guess the closest genre you would call it would be future funk. I think future funk will continue to be a popular music genre for the early 2020s.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/01/20 at 4:14 pm

I'm not a fan of Dua, but I really like the album. The songs I disliked were "Good In Bed" (repetitive and annoying chorus) and "Boys Will Be Boys" (typical men-hating cliché).

I like the instrumentals of "Good in Bed", especially the piano, but I see what you were saying about the repeating words part of the chorus. I didn't care for "Boys Will Be Boys" song either, just sounds dry. When I first saw the title "Let's Get Physical", I thought it was going to be a remake of the Olivia Newton-John song, lol.

Written By: That2004Kid on 04/02/20 at 4:37 pm

Love it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like we're phasing into a new, more upbeat part of music again (based on her album other songs that are charting atm)

Written By: Slim95 on 04/02/20 at 6:07 pm

Love it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like we're phasing into a new, more upbeat part of music again (based on her album other songs that are charting atm)

I'm noticing that as well.

Written By: Kairosan117 on 04/25/20 at 12:40 pm

The album is super lit. I don’t think this is gonna be slept on anytime soon and it emerges different eras of music.

I already did a review on Vocal about it
You can see here
https://vocal.media/beat/dua-lipa-future-nostalgia-was-a-club-and-dancing-hopeful

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/25/20 at 4:41 pm

Probably the best album of 2020 so far IMO.

Check for new replies or respond here...