inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Keeping Rock Alive as a 2000s Born

Written By: temaichi on 04/02/20 at 8:36 pm

Hey, guys. I hope everything is ok at home and that everyone is staying safe during the corona virus pandemic.
I have always wanted to talk about this but i released an album in December and i have been shy to share it with all of you ever since! I am horrible at promoting myself as an independent artists but i truly see you guys as family so i have no problem with sharing these. The album is self-titled and obviously my very first album out and it is available on all music platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon etc. They say that Rock is dead but i am just an another young artist trying to keep the genre alive among many others. It would mean the world to me if you could listen to my music that i have listed here!

Here are some music videoes that i have released to support the album: 

d15XGzyrtmc

awk_W_ehMnQ

26IWUF64fyI

EHBu0B0o_vE

Feel free to let me know what you think. I want to know if i did a good job with all my recordings and visuals!

Subject: Re: Keeping Rock Alive as a 2000s Born

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/02/20 at 9:28 pm

Excellent! Speaking as an old rocker who came up in the original period (OK Boomer!) I am glad to see younger people doing this.  One question I have...I notice you are singing rock but sometimes use what I might term "rap gestures". is this intentional or does it just come natural? People have grown up with rap for over 35 years now and I think the gestures are pretty much ingrained in people at this point.

Did you play the guitar parts?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/02/20 at 10:21 pm

Oh my God, I LOVE your style, and your songs are perfect just the way they are! As I was listening, I said to myself wow this is different and unique. Never heard music quite like this before. It's rock music but you nade it unique. I too am an independent singer so I know where you're coming from. I really liked your songs!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/03/20 at 2:53 am

fh_TTz7tY_8

INhAeW69jlc

This is some awesome stuff, dude. I definitely hear shades of Oasis, punk/emo, and maybe even Beck (or at least as much as I've heard from these artists and stylings). Not necessarily anything we haven't heard before, but I love the way you do it. You clearly have the passion and are playing from your heart.

Written By: Sman12 on 04/03/20 at 9:37 am

Your music's pretty good. I can definitely hear "Mr. Brightside" on your song "Pretend". I like how your music blurs the lines between pop punk/emo, and your VHS effects make the songs even more raw and authentic. Keep at it.

Written By: temaichi on 04/03/20 at 10:19 pm

Excellent! Speaking as an old rocker who came up in the original period (OK Boomer!) I am glad to see younger people doing this.  One question I have...I notice you are singing rock but sometimes use what I might term "rap gestures". is this intentional or does it just come natural? People have grown up with rap for over 35 years now and I think the gestures are pretty much ingrained in people at this point.

Did you play the guitar parts?

For sure. You got to grow up in an era where rock meant everything to the world. The youth back then cared about actual good music that had a deep or a fun message behind it and i would much rather live through that because there is something missing about music nowadays. When i listen to mainstream music now, i feel down. I grew up listening to rock and roll music during the 2000s, i listened to same albums over and over again. I used to tell myself that my dream was to put out a rock record someday. Little did i know that Rock would no longer be the biggest genre in the world by the time i had the moment to produce and release it. I am surrounded by other artists my age too and all of them wants to be rappers and there is no problem with that, i just wish there were more young people in the music industry that cared enough to produce rock and roll music.

I did not play the guitar parts for this album. My job was to record and mix it. I am still practicing with my guitar and my producing skills especially during this time where we have to stay at home! I got nothing but time in my hands for now so why not? I find it funny that you noticed the rap gestures, it was not intentional but you are not the first one to tell me either. I just do the best i can to find my melody through the production process. Thanks for listening!

Written By: temaichi on 04/03/20 at 10:30 pm

Oh my God, I LOVE your style, and your songs are perfect just the way they are! As I was listening, I said to myself wow this is different and unique. Never heard music quite like this before. It's rock music but you nade it unique. I too am an independent singer so I know where you're coming from. I really liked your songs!

That made me really happy to read! I love Silverchair by the way! They were one of the bands that inspired me to create a full rock record. I am aware that you are an artist too. I like what you got going aswell. You use alot of reverb and it suits well with your voice and creates this nostalgic tone. Sorta reminds me of a 90s music and i wish you the best of lucks! It will be tough journey for both of us but never give up on your dreams!

The hardest thing as an independent artist is to promote yourself. I get shy from that process because i don't want to annoy anyone but at the same time, it is our job to do so. How else would you know about my music? Use social-media to elevate. Thanks for listening!

Written By: temaichi on 04/03/20 at 10:39 pm

fh_TTz7tY_8

INhAeW69jlc

This is some awesome stuff, dude. I definitely hear shades of Oasis, punk/emo, and maybe even Beck (or at least as much as I've heard from these artists and stylings). Not necessarily anything we haven't heard before, but I love the way you do it. You clearly have the passion and are playing from your heart.

You got good ears when it comes to listening to rock songs. I am influenced by alot of Punk and Emo music so spot on for that! When i record i never think about what band i should try to sound like but the influence can definetly be heard. I love Oasis and Beck too!

Thanks for taking your time to look up more songs from the album. I appreciate it alot, brother.

Written By: temaichi on 04/03/20 at 10:51 pm

Your music's pretty good. I can definitely hear "Mr. Brightside" on your song "Pretend". I like how your music blurs the lines between pop punk/emo, and your VHS effects make the songs even more raw and authentic. Keep at it.

I love that song and i can hear why you think that! I grew up listening to Pop Punk and Emo bands during the mid to late 2000s. I was exposed to that kind of music because of how popular it was at the time. I am so glad that you could appreciate the VHS effects too. I edited it to look like that on purpose. My mission when it comes to editing my own music videoes, is to always make it somewhat nostalgic. Thanks for listening and motivating me to strive further!

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/03/20 at 10:57 pm

26IWUF64fyI

This is my new favorite song now. I have it on my Spotify playlist.  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/04/20 at 1:09 am

I finally got to see these. Your music is VERY good! Same with the videos. Looks and sounds professionally done.

In Pretend I hear a lot of Fall Out Boy in the music track. In many of the other songs I hear a lot of Smashing Pumpkins influence. But at the same time it’s all your own.

Keep up the good work. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Written By: temaichi on 04/04/20 at 7:41 pm

This is my new favorite song now. I have it on my Spotify playlist.  ;D

Oh, wow! Thank you so much! :) You are the first person to tell me that.

Written By: temaichi on 04/04/20 at 7:48 pm

I finally got to see these. Your music is VERY good! Same with the videos. Looks and sounds professionally done.

In Pretend I hear a lot of Fall Out Boy in the music track. In many of the other songs I hear a lot of Smashing Pumpkins influence. But at the same time it’s all your own.

Keep up the good work. I wouldn’t change a thing.

I am so glad to read that! It makes me feel like i am on the right path as an artist. I can hear why you think that and it makes me happy that the songs remind you of bands that i respect alot. I will keep your kind words in my thoughts. Thanks for listening!

Check for new replies or respond here...