inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Come Join Our Easter Avatar Contest-WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/20 at 3:14 pm

Since a lot of people don't go to the PPP, I thought I would issue an invite here:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61337.msg3907124#new

We used to have avatar contests frequently. I figured at this time of uncertainty, maybe having a little bit of fun would help everyone.

Cat

Subject: Re: Avatar Contests?

Written By: Howard on 04/04/20 at 4:23 pm

Since a lot of people don't go to the PPP, I thought I would issue an invite here:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61337.msg3907124#new

We used to have avatar contests frequently. I figured at this time of uncertainty, maybe having a little bit of fun would help everyone.

Cat

Can I use my avatar?

Written By: karen on 04/04/20 at 4:40 pm

Can I use my avatar?

Usually you would change your picture so that it matched the theme of the contest. For example when it was a Christmas competition people used images of penguins in Santa hats, images of the Grinch and so on.

So if the theme was cool dudes then you could use your photo

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/20 at 1:14 pm

Unfortunately, so far, we haven't had too much interest so it looks like it is a no-go.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  If people still want to do it just say so and we can do it. I think we would need at least 5 people-the more the better. It just isn't the same if only 2 people want to do it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/20 at 1:37 pm

That is the sorry feeling I have these days, no one is true up for competition, and it looks like I will most likely be stuck at home for Easter now, so please (if by chance the contest goes on) include me in.

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/20 at 3:04 pm

That is the sorry feeling I have these days, no one is true up for competition, and it looks like I will most likely be stuck at home for Easter now, so please (if by chance the contest goes on) include me in.

I am clueless when it comes to art, drawing or Photoshop so I avoid competitions like this :P

Written By: karen on 04/05/20 at 3:06 pm

I am clueless when it comes to art, drawing or Photoshop so I avoid competitions like this :P

I’m fairly sure I only made one in photoshop the others were just found using Google images or something

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/20 at 3:15 pm

You only have to pick a photo from Google. Carlos has started us off.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 04/05/20 at 3:17 pm

When does the contest begin and when can we change our avatars?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/20 at 3:19 pm

You only have to pick a photo from Google. Carlos has started us off.

Cat
Looks like it may be advantageous for me to switch my "Don't show users' avatars" to show.

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/20 at 3:24 pm

Looks like it may be advantageous for me to switch my "Don't show users' avatars" to show.

I'll have to turn that back on too.  Let's be thankful it isn't a signature contest. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/20 at 3:25 pm

I'll have to turn that back on too.  Let's be thankful it isn't a signature contest. ;D
Exactly as I was thinking!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/20 at 3:30 pm

Ok, it looks like we have at least 5. YAY!!!! So, rather than going back and forth, here is the "OFFICIAL" contest thread: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61354.0

As I stated over there, I will give everyone until Wednesday to get their avatars in (post it over there) and then we will have the voting on Friday & Saturday and the winner will be announced on Easter.

Hopefully more people will join in. Tell your friends.  ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/20 at 1:22 pm

There is still time to get in. Please come and join. The more there are, the better. And if you win, you will get a little egg under your avatar. Tomorrow will be the last day to join. On Thursday we will start the voting.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61354.0

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/07/20 at 7:28 pm

Yes I had to turn off signatures because sometimes peoples signatures would spill onto the next post and I couldn't read it.

So I joined.

Subject: Re: Come Join Our Easter Avatar Contest-Last Day To Join

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/20 at 1:21 pm

Today is the last day to join. Please come and join it. It is painless.

Cat

Subject: Re: Come Join Our Easter Avatar Contest-VOTING NOW OPEN!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/10/20 at 1:57 pm

Come and vote for your favorite 2 avatars. And you can still vote even if you didn't submit an avatar. So, come and root on your fellow board members.

Cat

Subject: Re: Come Join Our Easter Avatar Contest-VOTING NOW OPEN!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/20 at 6:51 pm

Don't forget to vote if you haven't already. You have until tomorrow.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...