inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts on Current Songs 1

Written By: mc98 on 04/17/20 at 3:29 pm

I'm gonna do like a series of my thoughts on current songs that are popular right now. Let's get on it.

V_jHc_n0p9c

I'm not a huge fan of Lil Mosey. He is just another young Soundcloud rapper who got famous. While I did kinda like Noticed, this song is even better. I really love the sample of the 1990 Johnny Gill song "My My My". It brings out a chill, laid-back vibe to the song. I also really love the hook on the song of how catchy it is. The rest I could live without, the verses are just empty bragging. Overall, I hope this trend of chill rap gets popular throughout the 2020s, This and Ballin sound like ear candy. I'm gonna give it a solid 3.5/5

fHI8X4OXluQ

The Weeknd is back with a vengeance. This time he released an 80s-style synthwave song that really is a banger. I know some people are getting tired of the throwback style songs that are currently popular right now, but if it sounds like this, I personally don't mind it at all. It's also probably the best night-driving song imo. I'm gonna give it a 4.5/5.

What are your thoughts on these songs?

Subject: Re: Thoughts on Current Songs 1

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/17/20 at 11:50 pm

I love Blinding Lights. And I’m not up on what’s out now but I love the throwback songs.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/18/20 at 1:44 am

I was listening to "Blinding Lights" a couple days ago. It's not bad. I liked it!

Written By: Sman12 on 04/18/20 at 7:38 am

Meh, "Blueberry Faygo" has bland lyrics, but the beat's pretty good. It couldn't compete with "Blinding Lights" though. That's an awesome song.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/18/20 at 12:54 pm

Absolutely hated blueberry faygo from the start, but kind of liked Blinding Lights.

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/20 at 9:29 pm

Absolutely hated blueberry faygo from the start, but kind of liked Blinding Lights.

I just listened to it now for the first time and that's gonna be a yikes from me doggo. I love Blinding Lights though. Toronto talent!

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 04/19/20 at 1:36 am

Honestly, I'd rather have the 80s nostalgia wave ongoing rather than having bad genres like Mumble rap or Depressing Alternative music. Blinding lights is definitely a banger! :D

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 04/19/20 at 1:43 am

This is a bit weird to say for me but I'm gonna have to readjust to the Hip Hop scene. Yes it's still Trap, but it's a way for me to not feel bored about new music and not complain too easily about the beats...

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/19/20 at 8:32 pm

"Blinding Lights" is one of the best songs of 2020 so far IMO.

Written By: 2001 on 04/22/20 at 12:52 pm

This is a bit weird to say for me but I'm gonna have to readjust to the Hip Hop scene. Yes it's still Trap, but it's a way for me to not feel bored about new music and not complain too easily about the beats...

Instead of forcing your poor ears to like bad music I suggest you get the Dua Lipa album. I finished listening to it yesterday and it was really good :D

Written By: Dundee on 04/23/20 at 11:22 am

"Blueberry Faygo" is dumb but not actively unpleasant like some mainstream trap songs can be. The production is good but the lyrics are just beyond generic. And sorry to be petty, but Lil Mosey looks 12 so it's a little disturbing to see him rapping about "fudgeing bitches".

"Blinding Lights" is nice, it got a great hook and the themes are clever but the production falls short to me. The whole "nostalgic" synthwave aesthetics feels tacked on and doesn't do a proper job to illustrate the whole metaphorical alienation theme of the song. Not his best song imo.

Check for new replies or respond here...