inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts on Current Songs 2

Written By: mc98 on 04/19/20 at 9:29 pm

Here is part 2 of the thoughts on current popular songs.

oygrmJFKYZY

I was worried that Dua Lipa might not do well in the United States chart wise but this song proved me wrong. I'm glad we're having upbeat music like this after 2018-2019 was dominated by ambient trap and minimal depressive pop. I recommend to listen to her recent album Future Nostalgia, one of the best albums of 2020 imo. Highlights are Physical, Levitating, and this song. 4.5/5

pok8H_KF1FA

Here we have newcomer singer/rapper Doja Cat. This is another throwback song that is reminiscent of late 70s disco with modern production. The major downside of the song that it was produced by Dr. Luke but I must admit that this has a nice groove. 3/5.

Subject: Re: Thoughts on Current Songs 2

Written By: Sman12 on 04/20/20 at 11:58 am

Both are great and catchy throwbacks, but I like "Don't Start Now" more.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/20/20 at 12:03 pm

IMO 2020 has better music than 2019 so far. I'm noticing more upbeat music like "Blinding Lights" and "Don't Start Now" and "Heartless" reaching the billboard charts. I also like Drake's new song "Toosie Slide".

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/15/20 at 2:14 am

I love the sound of Say So. Really pretty and catchy with emotional sounding chords.  Kinda like the Gwen Stefani stuff in the early 2000s. Also kinda sounds like the music on these Taiwanese dramas I used to watch. This might be my favorite current song after Blinding Lights.

Don’t Start Now has a disco feel to it. More than anything the bass part reminds me of Goodnight Tonight by Paul McCartney. And the little breaks where the bass stops to me sounds like Chained To The Rhythm by Katy Perry. A good song but it doesn’t grab me like the other song does.

Check for new replies or respond here...