inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Crisis of 2020 is Real

Written By: duenas8 on 05/31/20 at 2:48 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/us/politics/coronavirus-republicans-trump.html

- After the 2020 crisis, the party in power at the time “could find itself out of power for a generation” akin to the 1860 Democrats and 1929 Republicans

- If Mr. Trump’s victory was a rebellion of working-class voters who felt the country’s leaders had failed them, Mr. Morris said, his re-election will “hinge on who is going to rebuild the economy once this is all over, which is also Trump’s strength.”

- As baby boomers continue to age out of public service, the theory says, fixing the problems created by the pandemic will fall to this younger, civically oriented generation

- “This is really the problem with Gen X and baby boomers,” Mr. Howe said. “They’ve championed this kind of individualism. They’ve championed thinking less about the community.”

https://i.harperapps.com/covers/9780688119126/x298.jpg

Generations (1991) by Strauss and Howe

Subject: Re: The Crisis of 2020 is Real

Written By: exodus08 on 05/31/20 at 7:25 pm

OMG! I just purchased the book last week. I was going through the pages and towards the end of the book I saw a little quote on the bottom of one page that said Enter the “Crisis of 2020” Its like they predicted on what was gonna happen.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/20 at 2:40 pm

I know we have another 6 more months to go till the end of the year but so far these past 6-7 months have been pretty horrible in my opinion, does anyone see any good news in the future?

Written By: duenas8 on 06/02/20 at 7:01 pm

OMG! I just purchased the book last week. I was going through the pages and towards the end of the book I saw a little quote on the bottom of one page that said Enter the “Crisis of 2020” Its like they predicted on what was gonna happen.

Cool, I would like to know a little more about american history before reading it. I knew that theory researching on Internet a few years ago

I know we have another 6 more months to go till the end of the year but so far these past 6-7 months have been pretty horrible in my opinion, does anyone see any good news in the future?

Many analysts say that the economy will improve again in 2022, but at this point everything seems very unpredictable. I think the 2020’s in general will be completely surrealist and chaotic

Written By: goodbants on 06/02/20 at 9:20 pm

Cool, I would like to know a little more about american history before reading it. I knew that theory researching on Internet a few years ago

Many analysts say that the economy will improve again in 2022, but at this point everything seems very unpredictable. I think the 2020’s in general will be completely surrealist and chaotic

2020 is the acclimation of everything that’s been building up these past four years. Each year just keeps on getting crazier than the last. We have to reach a breaking point sometime. I don’t know how much longer all this can go on.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/20 at 4:20 am

2020 is the acclimation of everything that’s been building up these past four years. Each year just keeps on getting crazier than the last. We have to reach a breaking point sometime. I don’t know how much longer all this can go on.

I thought that 2020 would be a year of vision not turmoil.

Written By: LooseBolt on 06/03/20 at 5:32 am

That’s what happens when you elect right-wing populists on a knee-jerk reactionary whim. We were supposed to learn this lesson in the first half of the 20th century.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/03/20 at 9:28 am

I'm also concerned of what's to come, especially with the 2020 election that's 5 months away.

Because I do think Trump will be re-elected, because most Democrats that I've seen on social media are unsatisfied with Biden despite the majority of delegates he has. Plus, Trump's base is still strong, and with the rioting and looting that's been happening, I've seen them more energized than ever before.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/03/20 at 9:48 am

I'm also concerned of what's to come, especially with the 2020 election that's 5 months away.

Because I do think Trump will be re-elected, because most Democrats that I've seen on social media are unsatisfied with Biden despite the majority of delegates he has. Plus, Trump's base is still strong, and with the rioting and looting that's been happening, I've seen them more energized than ever before.

There's a conspiracy theory that Trump staged all this to show his power to overcome all this and give us a false sense of security. I'm not necessarily saying I believe the theory, but it seems like this type of craziness always happens around elections. I still predict that Trump will get re-elected regardless. You're right, Biden is not the candidate that will get more votes than Trump. Many might not vote at all, same thing with Hillary in 2016.

Written By: goodbants on 06/03/20 at 12:22 pm

There's a conspiracy theory that Trump staged all this to show his power to overcome all this and give us a false sense of security. I'm not necessarily saying I believe the theory, but it seems like this type of craziness always happens around elections. I still predict that Trump will get re-elected regardless. You're right, Biden is not the candidate that will get more votes than Trump. Many might not vote at all, same thing with Hillary in 2016.

I’m in the vote-blue-no-matter-who camp. Those who aren’t are gonna regret it. The same damn thing that happened in 2016 is gonna happen in 2020. Hopefully we will have learned our lesson by now.

Check for new replies or respond here...