inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2020 is on track to be the worst year for cinema in decades

Written By: duenas8 on 06/05/20 at 5:20 pm

Coronavirus ruined another year of remakes, strong female protagonists and superheroes movies. That opened the possibility for streaming services to be even stronger and cinema theaters are heading towards its biggest crisis ever.

Subject: Re: 2020 is on track to be the worst year for cinema in decades

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/05/20 at 6:08 pm

So I wonder what kind of movies will be made when it starts back up. If not cinema then home release. Would be nice to have good old love stories again. Never was a fan of the action sci fi superhero movies that seemed to dominate for the last decade.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/05/20 at 6:39 pm

That's not a surprise at all with the shut down in theaters and many delays in movies, some even to 2021. Tenet might be getting delayed.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/06/20 at 1:43 am

I love those big, bombastic blockbusters. I like a lot of different kinds of movies (Horror, comedy, drama, thriller, blockbuster, arthouse, indie, classic, contemporary). I've been thinking over the years how interesting it would be if we got a revival of New Hollywood -- a time from the late 60s to the early 80s in which, after a string of big budget musical and Western flops, maverick film school students were given free rein to make French New Wave-inspired art films, many of which were critically and commercially successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hollywood

Written By: Sman12 on 06/06/20 at 7:30 am

I love those big, bombastic blockbusters. I like a lot of different kinds of movies (Horror, comedy, drama, thriller, blockbuster, arthouse, indie, classic, contemporary). I've been thinking over the years how interesting it would be if we got a revival of New Hollywood -- a time from the late 60s to the early 80s in which, after a string of big budget musical and Western flops, maverick film school students were given free rein to make French New Wave-inspired art films, many of which were critically and commercially successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hollywood

Ooh, that'd be great. A second New Hollywood with unique and creative movies being premiered at home. It's an awesome idea.

Written By: LooseBolt on 06/07/20 at 6:21 am

Coronavirus ruined another year of remakes, strong female protagonists and superheroes movies. That opened the possibility for streaming services to be even stronger and cinema theaters are heading towards its biggest crisis ever.

"Ruined," huh? I could do with quite a bit less of what Hollywood considers to be a "strong" female protag. Honestly, I've been using the time to watch more TV series, and I honestly think serialized stories like Lost and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are far superior to anything that has been available in theaters in the last decade and some change anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...