inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The most urgent threat surrounding "deepfakes"

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/08/20 at 11:22 pm

hHHCrf2-x6w

This is very scary and sickening. This could be used to blackmail people and potentially frame people for crimes they didn't commit :o.

The deep fake technology is only going to get more advanced. This is just one of the many reasons why I don't like posting pictures of my face on social media. To all the ladies out there who will be especially affected by this, I wish you all the best! :(.

Subject: Re: The most urgent threat surrounding "deepfakes"

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/20 at 1:24 am

hHHCrf2-x6w

This is very scary and sickening. This could be used to blackmail people and potentially frame people for crimes they didn't commit :o.

The deep fake technology is only going to get more advanced. This is just one of the many reasons why I don't like posting pictures of my face on social media. To all the ladies out there who will be especially affected by this, I wish you all the best! :(.
A worrying situation.

It has also been a while now that some photographic evidence is not used in court due to the manner of being doctored.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/09/20 at 6:56 am

If it's strictly for entertainment (Jim Carrey in The Shining), that's one thing. As long as the intentions are pure and you're not intending to deceive, mislead or fraud, I'm fine with it. If you're doing it to start trouble, find another hobby.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/20 at 7:27 am

If it's strictly for entertainment (Jim Carrey in The Shining), that's one thing. As long as the intentions are pure and you're not intending to deceive, mislead or fraud, I'm fine with it. If you're doing it to start trouble, find another hobby.
Similar to what was achieved with Peter Cushing in Rogue One?

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/20 at 11:50 pm

I think the only potential problem for all this is that video evidence will probably stop being permissible in court. For everything else, people will learn to develop the same skepticism they have for Photoshop.

I spent all day trying to make a deepfake today but it requires TONS of computational power, my brother's computer couldn't handle it.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...