inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: He Won’t Be Going to Jared

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/20 at 8:43 pm

Mega mall jewelry store owner Signet, which owns jeweler brands Zale’s, Kay, and Jared, is shutting down 400 of its signature stores.  :\'(

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2020/06/09/signet-to-permanently-close-about-400-jewelry-stores-including-zales-kay-and-jared/

I wonder where people will go to buy engagement rings now? ???

Subject: Re: He Won’t Be Going to Jared

Written By: Howard on 06/10/20 at 5:03 am

Mega mall jewelry store owner Signet, which owns jeweler brands Zale’s, Kay, and Jared, is shutting down 400 of its signature stores.  :\'(

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2020/06/09/signet-to-permanently-close-about-400-jewelry-stores-including-zales-kay-and-jared/

I guess people will have to find other ways to buy their engagement rings.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/10/20 at 9:13 am

Like I've said many times before, post-COVID life will be radically different. I predict all malls and theaters will be closed in the coming future, and everyone will stay at home to watch premieres of movies and do online shopping for new products.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/20 at 1:44 pm

There are many independently owned jewelry stores.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/20 at 2:05 pm

There are many independently owned jewelry stores.

Cat

True, true. But they just won’t have the same cachet as the young lady exclaiming to all her friends “He went to Jared”.  ;)

Written By: LooseBolt on 06/10/20 at 5:08 pm

True, true. But they just won’t have the same cachet as the young lady exclaiming to all her friends “He went to Jared”.  ;)

You hear cachet, I hear crass emotionless branding.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/10/20 at 7:16 pm

I used to work with a guy named Jared and part of his job was to roll the large metal rings for the equipment we build. One time I brought one home and said I went to Jared. My wife at the time thought it was funny and it became an inside joke. That’s not why we split up.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/20 at 7:33 am

Like I've said many times before, post-COVID life will be radically different. I predict all malls and theaters will be closed in the coming future, and everyone will stay at home to watch premieres of movies and do online shopping for new products.

That's what people have been doing lately.

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/20 at 11:23 pm

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/f_6611.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...