inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dixie Carter Must Be Rolling in Her Grave

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/20 at 6:24 pm

In the race to see who is the most "woke", has-been musical group The Dixie Bims Chicks have changed their name to simply The Chicks.  ::)  Because, you know, the term "Dixie" is offensive.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/dixie-chicks-drop-dixie-now-chicks-71451360

Dixie Carter must be rolling in her grave.  That is, if somebody hasn't already sandblasted the first name from her headstone.

Subject: Re: Dixie Carter Must Be Rolling in Her Grave

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/25/20 at 11:16 pm

Wow this is getting more and more ridiculous. I suppose Dixie cups will have to find a new name too. And a whole lot of country and southern Rock acts will be changing or disappearing. I may never see reruns of Dukes of Hazzard again.

I’m waiting to see when they decide to cancel Washington and Jefferson, replace currency and blow up half of mt Rushmore. As technically we are glorifying slave owners. But thankfully that will probably never happen as it requires actual thinking about history. The stuff people are going after is just total BS and was never a problem, they’re just looking to stir the pot.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/20 at 2:59 am

Wow this is getting more and more ridiculous. I suppose Dixie cups will have to find a new name too. And a whole lot of country and southern Rock acts will be changing or disappearing. I may never see reruns of Dukes of Hazzard again.

I’m waiting to see when they decide to cancel Washington and Jefferson, replace currency and blow up half of mt Rushmore. As technically we are glorifying slave owners. But thankfully that will probably never happen as it requires actual thinking about history. The stuff people are going after is just total BS and was never a problem, they’re just looking to stir the pot.

The George Jefferson character will need to be removed from The Jefferson’s reruns too, which will be renamed The Willises.

Written By: Howard on 06/26/20 at 7:36 am

This is getting out of hand already and this PC culture needs to stop now!  >:(

Written By: Sman12 on 06/26/20 at 12:07 pm

Most people never had a problem with the names of Aunt Jemima, Lady Antebellum, or the Dixie Chicks until these people and companies started to virtue signal after the protests. This is so utterly pathetic.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/20 at 5:30 pm

I work with a “partner company” that only last year named themselves Dixie Inc. I guess they’re screwed now.

Although I am pretty sure that if anybody complains to them about the name, the complainer will be told to go pack sand.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/20 at 2:20 pm

Most people never had a problem with the names of Aunt Jemima, Lady Antebellum, or the Dixie Chicks until these people and companies started to virtue signal after the protests. This is so utterly pathetic.

It's just so stupid, why are they now being so PC?  ::)

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/27/20 at 11:37 pm

*Gobbles down all the tears of this thread*

I'm still unsatisfied! I need more!

Written By: violet_shy on 06/27/20 at 11:51 pm

Aunt Jemima doesn't sound bad at all. It's like I'm calling my aunt...

I don't understand what the big deal is. ::)

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/28/20 at 12:45 am

https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article243794117.html

Written By: Howard on 06/28/20 at 2:28 pm

They can call the syrup Jemima and leave out the aunt part.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/20 at 1:56 pm

I wonder what else will be banned?  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/20 at 4:45 am

The stupidity has spread to Australia:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/06/23/nestle-to-rebrand-its-red-skins-and-chicos-sweets-says-their-names-are-out-of-step-with-company-values/

I guess this means that we’ll soon be seeing a ban on “Chico and the Man” reruns here in the states.

Check for new replies or respond here...