inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Masks Are All The Rage in 2020

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/08/20 at 7:52 pm

Most stores seem to be selling their own types of masks these days.

Have you got into the normal and bought a cloth mask you liked?

Where I live, going out with a mask is mandatory and punishable by fines. Might as well wear a stylish mask when I travel.

Subject: Re: Masks Are All The Rage in 2020

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/08/20 at 7:56 pm

We (me and hubby) use homemade cloth masks.  (I sew.)  I made them with patterned fabric and wash them frequently.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/08/20 at 8:59 pm

I just use one that a coworker’s wife made. He brought in a handful one day. I’ve gotten a few compliments as some say it looks like camo.

The most common pattern I’ve seen around here is Michigan Wolverines.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/08/20 at 9:16 pm

I just use one that a coworker’s wife made. He brought in a handful one day. I’ve gotten a few compliments as some say it looks like camo.

The most common pattern I’ve seen around here is Michigan Wolverines.

I'd love a Michigan Wolverines mask!  :D  (As a one-time UM student...)

Written By: goodbants on 07/08/20 at 10:58 pm

I bought a handmade tie dye one and it’s really soft. I really love it. I went to my mall and I couldn’t find any store there that sold them surprisingly. Half of the people here don’t wear them for some reason.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/20 at 5:12 am

Most stores seem to be selling their own types of masks these days.

Have you got into the normal and bought a cloth mask you liked?

Where I live, going out with a mask is mandatory and punishable by fines. Might as well wear a stylish mask when I travel.

They're selling masks now at my supermarket but a bit expensive.

Written By: Sman12 on 07/09/20 at 11:36 am

I have a regular N95 mask bought by my dad (I still live with my parents due to COVID). I don't wear it as a stylish thing or whatever.

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/09/20 at 9:23 pm

They're selling masks now at my supermarket but a bit expensive.

Definitely. A lot of masks out there are ridiculously overpriced. It's also become a fashion accessory at this point.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 07/10/20 at 12:53 pm

I made my mask with leopard printed cloth. Its nice to incorporate some groovy fun into it haha.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/10/20 at 1:05 pm

I have many of the disposable ones. And I only have two cloth masks. I never wear them to look stylish, just want to be safe.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/20 at 3:12 pm

Definitely. A lot of masks out there are ridiculously overpriced. It's also become a fashion accessory at this point.

And before you know it, they'll be in magazines, films, sitcoms and just about everything you can think of, maybe they'll be a mask dating app.  ;D

Written By: annimal on 07/10/20 at 8:12 pm

I cant wear any of the necklaces I have and are making because I have to wear a mask

Written By: muppethammer26 on 07/10/20 at 8:16 pm

And before you know it, they'll be in magazines, films, sitcoms and just about everything you can think of, maybe they'll be a mask dating app.  ;D

Especially in future movies and TV shows that are set in 2020.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/20 at 4:07 am

Especially in future movies and TV shows that are set in 2020.

Cause now, just about everywhere you go, masks are required.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/20 at 2:34 pm

Who would've thought that in the year 2020 we'd all be wearing face masks, nobody ever thought of this 20 or 30 years ago.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/12/20 at 9:27 pm

I got one from my union about a month ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/20 at 2:56 am

I got one from my union about a month ago.
I hear that someone important in the USA is now wearing a mask, because is the right time to?

Written By: Sman12 on 07/13/20 at 10:29 am

Who would've thought that in the year 2020 we'd all be wearing face masks, nobody ever thought of this 20 or 30 years ago.

Yep. This is something new to all of us here in the West.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/13/20 at 11:32 am

This year happened so fast of course nobody expected it. I just wonder if this is a forever thing or just for the time being?

Written By: Howard on 07/13/20 at 2:37 pm

I hear that someone important in the USA is now wearing a mask, because is the right time to?

And I know who it is.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/13/20 at 2:38 pm

Yep. This is something new to all of us here in the West.

If someone told you In the 2000's that the world would be donning face masks 200 years from now, would they believe you?

Written By: Howard on 07/13/20 at 2:40 pm

This year happened so fast of course nobody expected it. I just wonder if this is a forever thing or just for the time being?

I'm really not too sure.

Written By: Sman12 on 07/14/20 at 1:08 pm

Well, the pandemic is definitely gonna set the sadly grim tone for the early 2020s even if a widely available vaccine is mass-produced by 2021. Things probably won't go back to normal until at least 2022, and that's me being generous.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/20 at 1:47 pm

Well, the pandemic is definitely gonna set the sadly grim tone for the early 2020s even if a widely available vaccine is mass-produced by 2021. Things probably won't go back to normal until at least 2022, and that's me being generous.

So this means we'll be wearing masks for another year and a half? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/20 at 1:54 pm

So this means we'll be wearing masks for another year and a half? ???
This is the new norm.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/20 at 2:11 pm

This is the new norm.

I guess I could live with it.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/14/20 at 2:25 pm

I guess I could live with it.

It’s getting to be almost a force of habit, like putting on a seat belt. One thing is if it helps me not get covid then I’ll probably not get the flu either which will be nice.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/14/20 at 2:55 pm

This is the new norm.

So we have to stay inside and hide under our beds for the rest of our lives?  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/20 at 2:56 pm

So we have to stay inside and hide under our beds for the rest of our lives?  :-\\
That is how I feel, but shopping still has to be done.

Written By: karen on 07/14/20 at 4:18 pm

No, but if people wear masks when indoors in places such as shops and try and keep sensible distances apart when with people not in the same household then we can then go and out about as much as we want to.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/14/20 at 11:00 pm

No, but if people wear masks when indoors in places such as shops and try and keep sensible distances apart when with people not in the same household then we can then go and out about as much as we want to.

This. Some things that can only involve crowds in close spaces such as nightclubs, are out. But many things can be accomplished with the adjustment of masking and distancing.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 3:01 pm

It’s getting to be almost a force of habit, like putting on a seat belt. One thing is if it helps me not get covid then I’ll probably not get the flu either which will be nice.

It's becoming habitual for me.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/20 at 4:54 am

What are the odds of making a sitcom with them having masks on the whole entire show?

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/20/20 at 12:29 pm

It sure feels that way at times. I wouldn't be surprised if we have second lockdown. Some places are closing things back up already.  :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/20/20 at 12:46 pm

What are the odds of making a sitcom with them having masks on the whole entire show?

Not so unusual. M*A*S*H featured actors who wore masks for a good portion of the show. I was always amazed that they were able to convey such emotion with masks covering much of their faces. That's good acting.

Written By: karen on 07/20/20 at 1:30 pm

I saw someone in town today wearing white and black cow print trousers and a matching mask.

My son said he saw someone with a matching mask and tie

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 7:48 am

Not so unusual. M*A*S*H featured actors who wore masks for a good portion of the show. I was always amazed that they were able to convey such emotion with masks covering much of their faces. That's good acting.

I forgot, Loretta Swift wore one on the show.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/20 at 2:10 pm

Will they be the rage in 2021?

Written By: muppethammer26 on 07/31/20 at 2:48 pm

Will they be the rage in 2021?

Mostly likely for the first half of 2021, don’t know about the second half of 2021.

Check for new replies or respond here...