inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will coronavirus define the entire 2020’s decade?

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/15/20 at 11:09 am

Like do you think we’ll be wearing masks and social distancing for the entire 2020’s decade?

They say a vaccine takes a long time to develop, but I can’t imagine us following these social distancing guidelines 3 years from now.

Subject: Re: Will coronavirus define the entire 2020’s decade?

Written By: shadowcookie on 07/15/20 at 11:30 am

The economic recovery will probably define half of the decade. Coronavirus itself definitely won’t. Even in the event of no vaccine, people will gradually return to normal.

Written By: Sman12 on 07/15/20 at 1:13 pm

Hopefully only the early part of it. Mask mandates, social distancing, and lockdowns are fine temporarily, but they aren't sustainable solutions for long-term periods.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 1:17 pm

Like do you think we’ll be wearing masks and social distancing for the entire 2020’s decade?

They say a vaccine takes a long time to develop, but I can’t imagine us following these social distancing guidelines 3 years from now.
Once we have the vaccine we will know where we are. Until then, it will be treated as a worse form of flu that usually comes round early winter.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 2:55 pm

Well,Let's go back to The 19th century when there was a pandemic, how long did they have to wear masks for?

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 2:56 pm

Hopefully only the early part of it. Mask mandates, social distancing, and lockdowns are fine temporarily, but they aren't sustainable solutions for long-term periods.

Eventually, people will stop wearing masks.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/15/20 at 3:10 pm

I'm thinking the early part (2020-2022/3). Then again I thought it was just going to be a Spring 2020 thing, and then the first half of 2020, but there's still no end in sight. I think it will continue into 2021.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/15/20 at 3:16 pm

I'm thinking the early part (2020-2022/3). Then again I thought it was just going to be a Spring 2020 thing, and then the first half of 2020, but there's still no end in sight. I think it will continue into 2021.

I think it'll definitely continue into 2021. I just can't see us wearing masks and social distancing for at least another five years. That's just not how humans work.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 3:35 pm

I think so too.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 3:36 pm

I think it'll definitely continue into 2021. I just can't see us wearing masks and social distancing for at least another five years. That's just not how humans work.

We can go back to the 19th century and look as how long people were wearing masks for.

Check for new replies or respond here...