inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2021 Predictions

Written By: Slim95 on 07/20/20 at 7:06 pm

What do you think the year 2021 will be like?

Subject: Re: 2021 Predictions

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/20/20 at 7:46 pm

It will be the best year for movies as many 2020 films will push back their release dates into 2021. But at the same time a lot of films might get pushed to 2022. The Batman is one I'm worried about. I also think the Coronavirus will be still around, but won't spread as fast and won't be deadly as in 2020. Tokyo might hold the summer Olympics, but it will have little to no fans attending, like the resumed baseball season now. As for who will be president, it might still be Donald Trump.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/20/20 at 7:48 pm

Disgusting like this year is..... I think people will start to fight back and things will get ugly.......

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 07/20/20 at 8:04 pm

This election might be a total clusterf*** with neither side willing to accept the results that get announced. So politics could be a lot worse and government a lot less functional than even now.

Written By: shadowcookie on 07/20/20 at 8:22 pm

Coronavirus vaccine will be rolled out widely at some point next year.

Written By: Sman12 on 07/20/20 at 8:38 pm

Late 2010s carryovers like minimalist trap and downbeat pop, along with the 80s/disco-influenced synthpop that got traction this year, will probably still be popular in 2021. I believe we'll see a musical shift by late 2021/early 2022 (idk what it'll be, but I know that the current state of pop music can't last for long).

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/20 at 8:44 pm

I believe we'll see a musical shift by late 2021/early 2022 (idk what it'll be, but I know that the current state of pop music can't last for long).

I'm actually praying this will happen. The idea of being a musician is not only to entertain, but also to be creative when creating a song. Can't keep looking to the past forever. I hope we will see big changes in 2021. And I hope they are good changes.

Written By: nally on 07/20/20 at 11:02 pm

It will be the best year for movies as many 2020 films will push back their release dates into 2021. But at the same time a lot of films might get pushed to 2022. The Batman is one I'm worried about. I also think the Coronavirus will be still around, but won't spread as fast and won't be deadly as in 2020. Tokyo might hold the summer Olympics, but it will have little to no fans attending, like the resumed baseball season now. As for who will be president, it might still be Donald Trump.

Oh please I sure hope not. Eight years of him would be a recipe for disaster. We need a true leader. One who'll do something about this pandemic. And care about the true serious issues, like the environment. (Anyway, that's the last I'm gonna say about this; I'll save my other rants/venting for the thread(s) in the political section.) :-X

Coronavirus vaccine will be rolled out widely at some point next year.

That would help.

Written By: nally on 07/20/20 at 11:07 pm

I'm actually praying this will happen. The idea of being a musician is not only to entertain, but also to be creative when creating a song. Can't keep looking to the past forever. I hope we will see big changes in 2021. And I hope they are good changes.

I hope so too. :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/21/20 at 4:15 am

Chinese Elvis will finally surface and take the world by storm, causing the most massive shift in pop culture since the Beatles first landed in New York in 1964. A wave of similar artists and musical groups out of China will follow, not unlike the British Invasion of the mid 1960's. One by one they will drive nails into the coffin of Western culture (which has been on the decline for the last decade or so) as China increasingly dominates the world not only economically but culturally as well.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 07/21/20 at 6:31 am

Chinese Elvis will finally surface and take the world by storm, causing the most massive shift in pop culture since the Beatles first landed in New York in 1964. A wave of similar artists and musical groups out of China will follow, not unlike the British Invasion of the mid 1960's. One by one they will drive nails into the coffin of Western culture (which has been on the decline for the last decade or so) as China increasingly dominates the world not only economically but culturally as well.

I had a professor in the 2000s who said, half joking and half serious, that China, if it continues to rise might become a cultural powerhouse, with a "Chinese Invasion" like the British Invasion.

The thing is China hasn't been a cultural powerhouse in the world despite its economic rise. Look at Britain in the 19th century: as its empire rose, it was also a leader in culture. Same with the U.S. But China is so culturally inward it seems to have difficulties with creating global entertainment like through authors, movies, TV series, video games etc. Japan is great at this and Korea's good too, but China not so much.

If they want to be a real global power, they need to do more than be a manufacturing powerhouse. People don't live by bread alone, as they say, but also by ideas. A top global power needs ideas and culture that draw the world to it.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 7:41 am

This election might be a total clusterf*** with neither side willing to accept the results that get announced. So politics could be a lot worse and government a lot less functional than even now.

And I think Donald Trump will continue to be your favorite president.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/21/20 at 10:04 am

*Biden will be president.

*The coronavirus pandemic will still be around. Masks will still be around. There will still be social distancing requirements in early-mid 2021.

*Social distancing restrictions will start to fade away in late 2021.

*Music will start to sound more upbeat. I'm already noticing this a bit actually.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/21/20 at 10:10 am

The thing is China hasn't been a cultural powerhouse in the world despite its economic rise. 

Did you ever think that might be by design?

Written By: mc98 on 07/21/20 at 10:24 am

Idk what 2021 will be like but I hope it's not like this year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/21/20 at 11:34 am

*Joe Biden will be the 46th President of the United States.

*Coronavirus isn't going anywhere. The pandemic probably won't die down until Q4 2021.

*A coronavirus vaccine will be developed and start to be rolled out in 2021 (this is a more "hopeful" prediction).

*Masks will still be commonly worn in public.

*More people will permanently work from home.

*The US will re-enter the Paris Climate Agreement and President Biden will cancel the US's withdrawal from the WHO.

Written By: Elor on 07/21/20 at 1:17 pm

*Joe Biden will be the 46th President of the United States.
*The US will re-enter the Paris Climate Agreement and President Biden will cancel the US's withdrawal from the WHO.

One can only hope.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/21/20 at 2:05 pm

Maybe this won't happen in 2021 but the way things are heading, I would not at all be surprised if the Verbal Morality Statute is enacted by the end of the decade. And the 5G network will provide the technology necessary to enforce it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 2:26 pm

*Biden will be president.

*The coronavirus pandemic will still be around. Masks will still be around. There will still be social distancing requirements in early-mid 2021.

*Social distancing restrictions will start to fade away in late 2021.

*Music will start to sound more upbeat. I'm already noticing this a bit actually.

I think crowds will start to gather again but for now Cuomo thinks it's stupid.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 3:31 pm

It is kind of early to make predictions for 2021 because there are still 6 months to go for this year and the way this year is going, who knows what is going to happen. But, anyway here are my predictions.

-Biden will be become president on January 20th.
-The Dems will take back the Senate and keep the House.
-The new Voting Rights bill will be signed into law and named after John Lewis.
-The Edmund Pettus Bridge will be renamed after John Lewis (if not before the end of this year).
-Universal health care will become law (finally).
-Biden will name 2 Supreme Justices (replacing Ginsberg & Thomas).
-Criminal charges will be filed against: Donald Trump (if he is still alive), Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Eric Trump, Bill Barr, and several more people in this administration. 
-"Count Vlad" will lose support because the U.S. will FINALLY hold him accountable for his misdeeds in the past 4 years, and the way he has been dealing with the coranavirus, there will be a coup (that could be successful).
-Netanyahu's plan to bury his indictment fails and he will be charged with corruption.

That's what I have SO FAR. Who know, I may have more in the next 6 months. It depends on what my E.S.P. tells me.

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 07/21/20 at 3:34 pm

- Coronavirus will still be around and people will be recovering from a second wave
- Donald Trump will continue to be the president
- Mass riots, protests, and civil unrest will continue
- A tragic and major attack will occur somewhere in the middle east
- The Summer Olympics will have have a historical record of the least attendees in history
- A new singer will become very famous
- Apple will release their first foldable phone
- The current sound of music (upbeat throwback) will continue to be popular, but trap will fade away and lose its relevance. A new sound of music will also start to be gain traction.
- A major event affecting the world will occur
- A very famous celebrity will die
- The 20th anniversary of 9/11 will be remembered
- 2000s nostalgia will grow significantly in the mainstream
- A dumb meme will be trendy

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/21/20 at 4:40 pm

-Universal health care will become law (finally).

Cat

You think that's going to be passed next year? (if Dems gain the trifecta)

Why? (just asking)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 5:16 pm

Yes, I do. Tying health insurance to employment isn't working right now when so many people are unemployed. There are more progressive Dems in the House and they will pass universal health care-because it is NEEDED! (Of course it has been needed forever but that is another issue.) And if the Dems take the Senate, it will pass and Joe Biden will sign it into law.

Cat

Written By: goodbants on 07/21/20 at 5:33 pm

All I can say is, if 2021 is a continuation of this year, something wildly unexpected will happen that none of us will be able to predict.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/21/20 at 5:39 pm

Why? (just asking)

I think it's very rare for a president to not get a second term. Even George Bush who was clearly a horrible president got voted in the second time. So I can't really see Trump losing since his popularity ratings were quite high before the pandemic started. I do believe it will be a close call though. Even closer than the last election and Biden will win by percentage of popular vote. But Trump will still manage to take the crown. Maybe that will stir up anger and more political division. We'll see.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/21/20 at 5:40 pm

All I can say is, if 2021 is a continuation of this year, something wildly unexpected will happen that none of us will be able to predict.

I agree

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/21/20 at 5:58 pm

I think it's very rare for a president to not get a second term. Even George Bush who was clearly a horrible president got voted in the second time. So I can't really see Trump losing since his popularity ratings were quite high before the pandemic started. I do believe it will be a close call though. Even closer than the last election and Biden will win by percentage of popular vote. But Trump will still manage to take the crown. Maybe that will stir up anger and more political division. We'll see.

Well, I completely disagree for many reasons:

1) Trump DID NOT have high popularity ratings before the pandemic started. His approval rating had remained fairly steady since his inauguration (around 41-45%). Now, his approval rating is around 37-41%.

2) It would be unprecedented for an incumbent president with approval ratings around 37-41% to get re-elected. Presidents Jimmy Carter in 1980 and George H.W. Bush in 1992 had similar approvals to Trump and they both LOST DECISIVELY.

3) So far polling has shown that Biden has a wide lead over Trump (at around 8-10%) and the dynamics of the race and the pandemic aren't going to change much by November.

4) Biden has a much higher polling average lead over Trump than Hillary did or any presidential candidate since Bill Clinton in 1996 (who won re-election easily).

5) George W. Bush was re-elected in 2004 mainly due to the goodwill that many Americans had after 9/11. Also, Bush united the country after 9/11. The Iraq War didn't become unpopular among Americans until 2006. Trump is not a unifying leader, about 50% of the country hates his guts and 67% of Americans DISAPPROVE of his handling of the coronavirus pandemic. Additionally, John Kerry was probably not the best challenger that the Democrats could have nominated against Bush in '04.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 6:06 pm

George H.W. Bush & Jimmy Carter both only had one term.

Trumps ratings were not that high before the pandemic. Yes, they were high among Republicans but people who call themselves Republicans is shrinking. He lost the popular vote in 2016 by over 3 million votes and he never gained any new supporters in the past 4 years. In fact, he has lost supporters. Of course there is a possibility that he COULD win by means of the Electoral College like he did 4 years ago because of interference by foreign players and GOP operatives suppressing votes.

There is another factor which sounds morbid but it is a fact. A lot of people who would probably have voted for Trump have died or is dying of Covid. The biggest cases are in states that support Trump-Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, & Arizona. And the death toll will only be going up.

Cat 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/21/20 at 6:10 pm

Yes, I do. Tying health insurance to employment isn't working right now when so many people are unemployed. There are more progressive Dems in the House and they will pass universal health care-because it is NEEDED! (Of course it has been needed forever but that is another issue.) And if the Dems take the Senate, it will pass and Joe Biden will sign it into law.

Cat

I hope so but I doubt it. My reasons are:

1) Biden has said that he wants to implement a public option but a public option is NOT universal healthcare.

2) Even if Democrats do gain control of the Senate, passing universal healthcare will be difficult because:
    *The filibuster. Senate Republicans are just going to filibuster everything. Biden and some Senate Democrats have shown some openness to getting rid of the filibuster if Republicans don't cooperate but will they actually do it? Honestly, Democrats are pretty weak at using power when they have it. Also, many Democrats especially moderate Democratic senators are still overly-concerned about being "bipartisan" and "reaching across the aisle".

*The number of seats that Democrats gain. If Democrats only gain a slim majority (50-52 seats), I highly doubt that universal healthcare will be passed. If Democrats gain 53-55 seats, then I would be more optimistic but still not confident that universal healthcare will be passed. I don't think that Democrats will gain more than 55 Senate seats, even if this year is a huge blue wave year.

I hope that I'm wrong though. This country really does need a single-payer, universal healthcare system.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/21/20 at 6:16 pm

Trumps ratings were not that high before the pandemic. Yes, they were high among Republicans but people who call themselves Republicans is shrinking. He lost the popular vote in 2016 by over 3 million votes and he never gained any new supporters in the past 4 years. In fact, he has lost supporters. Of course there is a possibility that he COULD win by means of the Electoral College like he did 4 years ago because of interference by foreign players and GOP operatives suppressing votes.

I didn't check the numbers I just remember hearing that many people were appreciating Trump before the pandemic because of how strong the economy in the US was and I remember Trump being less hated on by the other side because of it as well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 6:28 pm

I hope so but I doubt it. My reasons are:

1) Biden has said that he wants to implement a public option but a public option is NOT universal healthcare.

2) Even if Democrats do gain control of the Senate, passing universal healthcare will be difficult because:
    *The filibuster. Senate Republicans are just going to filibuster everything. Biden and some Senate Democrats have shown some openness to getting rid of the filibuster if Republicans don't cooperate but will they actually do it? Honestly, Democrats are pretty weak at using power when they have it. Also, many Democrats especially moderate Democratic senators are still overly-concerned about being "bipartisan" and "reaching across the aisle".

*The number of seats that Democrats gain. If Democrats only gain a slim majority (50-52 seats), I highly doubt that universal healthcare will be passed. If Democrats gain 53-55 seats, then I would be more optimistic but still not confident that universal healthcare will be passed. I don't think that Democrats will gain more than 55 Senate seats, even if this year is a huge blue wave year.

I hope that I'm wrong though. This country really does need a single-payer, universal healthcare system.

1) I do know that Biden said that he wanted a public option. However, he has been known to change his mind and I think he will change his mind on this one.

2) There is a wildcard in your argument about Repubs filibuster everything-Moscow Mitch. That is his game plan. I HOPE with every fiber of my being that he is voted out. If he is still in the Senate come January, yeah, he will filibuster EVERYTHING. But, if he is voted out, who knows. The remaining GOP senators may try to use his playbook but I don't think it will fly as well.

And I don't think it is going to be a blue wave. It is going to be a blue TSUNAMI!

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/21/20 at 6:51 pm

I didn't check the numbers I just remember hearing that many people were appreciating Trump before the pandemic because of how strong the economy in the US was and I remember Trump being less hated on by the other side because of it as well.

LOL, you must have been hanging around or talking to too many Trump supporters ;D.

Trump supporters are a MINORITY of the American population. He got extremely lucky in 2016 (remember he didn't win the popular vote).

1) I do know that Biden said that he wanted a public option. However, he has been known to change his mind and I think he will change his mind on this one.

2) There is a wildcard in your argument about Repubs filibuster everything-Moscow Mitch. That is his game plan. I HOPE with every fiber of my being that he is voted out. If he is still in the Senate come January, yeah, he will filibuster EVERYTHING. But, if he is voted out, who knows. The remaining GOP senators may try to use his playbook but I don't think it will fly as well.

And I don't think it is going to be a blue wave. It is going to be a blue TSUNAMI!

Cat

I doubt that Mitch is going to lose his seat. I know that many Democrats think that Amy McGrath has a shot at taking him down but that's not happening. Unfortunately, Mitch is going to get re-elected.

Also, even if he miraculously does lose, and someone like Senator John Thune of South Dakota (the most likely successor to Mitch as Republican Senate Leader) takes over, Republicans would block most major bills that Biden and the Democrats would want to pass. Republican senators such as Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Marsha Blackburn, etc would absolutely filibuster Democratic-lead bills.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/20 at 6:53 pm

I doubt that Mitch is going to lose his seat. I know that many Democrats think that Amy McGrath has a shot at taking him down but that's not happening. Unfortunately, Mitch is going to get re-elected.

Also, even if he miraculously does lose, and someone like Senator John Thune of South Dakota (the most likely successor to Mitch as Republican Senate Leader) takes over, Republcians would block most major bills that Biden and the Democrats would want to pass. Republican senators such as Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Marsha Blackburn, etc would absolutely filibuster Democratic-lead bills.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope you are wrong.

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 07/21/20 at 8:17 pm

It's also possible Trump continues to be president due to the election getting cancelled because of some other unknown event to occur later this year before the election. Before this year I would have said that's impossible. But by the way this year has been going, it's very possible for another crazy thing to happen like a civil war or something and the election to get cancelled.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/21/20 at 8:25 pm

It's also possible Trump continues to be president due to the election getting cancelled because of some other unknown event to occur later this year before the election. Before this year I would have said that's impossible. But by the way this year has been going, it's very possible for another crazy thing to happen like a civil war or something and the election to get cancelled.

There’s no way the election is getting cancelled. It’s going to have to happen.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/21/20 at 8:52 pm

There’s no way the election is getting cancelled. It’s going to have to happen.

We'll see.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/22/20 at 9:39 am

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump tried to cancel the election, but if he did it would likely lead to MASSIVE unrest.  I really don't  see him succeeding

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/22/20 at 11:16 am

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump tried to cancel the election, but if he did it would likely lead to MASSIVE unrest.  I really don't  see him succeeding

I saw on the news last night that masks won’t be required during the election. Because even if you’re violating executive order, you can’t be denied the right to vote.

We may have a lot of people scared to come to the polling place. Hopefully there are no problems voting absentee.

I also don’t think there will ever be a vaccine for covid. I think it’s going to be everywhere and there will be a medicine developed that allows us to live with it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/22/20 at 12:34 pm

Trump can't cancel the election.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/22/20 at 12:40 pm

Trump can't cancel the election.

He can't cancel it but Joe Biden himself is expecting Trump to not accept defeat and won't leave the White House easily.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/20 at 3:22 pm

- Coronavirus will still be around and people will be recovering from a second wave
- Mass riots, protests, and civil unrest will continue
- A tragic and major attack will occur somewhere in the middle east
- The Summer Olympics will have have a historical record of the least attendees in history
- A new singer will become very famous
- Apple will release their first foldable phone
- The current sound of music (upbeat throwback) will continue to be popular, but trap will fade away and lose its relevance. A new sound of music will also start to be gain traction.
- A major event affecting the world will occur
- A very famous celebrity will die
- The 20th anniversary of 9/11 will be remembered
- 2000s nostalgia will grow significantly in the mainstream
- A dumb meme will be trendy

Slim, let's hope one of them comes true.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/20 at 3:24 pm

Why? (just asking)

He might cheat his way into the election.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/20 at 3:25 pm

What is your prediction?

Written By: nally on 07/22/20 at 4:47 pm

Slim, let's hope one of them comes true.

Please NOT the second item on that list. (Well, the presidency can't change hands until Inauguration Day, which is the 20th day of the year.)

Written By: Howard on 07/23/20 at 2:09 pm

I think there will be more store closings.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/02/20 at 4:53 pm

I have a bad feeling The Batman is not going to happen to 2021. It all depends on if production resumes in September, at the WB studio in the UK.

Written By: Sman12 on 08/03/20 at 4:58 am

I have a bad feeling The Batman is not going to happen to 2021. It all depends on if production resumes in September, at the WB studio in the UK.

Well, since most of Europe is doing better than the US,  the UK resumed their studio operations under mitigation measures. Pinewood Studios opened, and despite some positive tests, they're still producing movies like the upcoming Jurassic World sequel.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 5:17 am

Well, since most of Europe is doing better than the US,  the UK resumed their studio operations under mitigation measures. Pinewood Studios opened, and despite some positive tests, they're still producing movies like the upcoming Jurassic World sequel.
Regarding cinema, and potential films to be released, especially film I have been waiting for since I heard it went into production in 2019. The good news is that Steven Spielberg's remake of "West Side Story" can in the can in October 2019, before coronavirus struck.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 7:37 am

I think in 2021, Donald Trump will still be your president.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/03/20 at 9:00 am

I predict we will see those memes of 2021 telling 2020, "Hold my beer".

Written By: Sman12 on 08/03/20 at 11:25 am

I predict we will see those memes of 2021 telling 2020, "Hold my beer".

For all we know, we could have a nuclear war by then.

I'm kidding obviously.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 1:16 pm

TikTok will disappear from the face of the world.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 1:52 pm

What will the weather be like in 2021?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 1:54 pm

What will the weather be like in 2021?
Hotter?

Written By: nally on 08/03/20 at 4:56 pm

I think in 2021, Donald Trump will still be your president.

Only until Inauguration Day... I hope. I've said this before and I'll say it again.
I for one do NOT want him serving another term. He seriously needs to be voted out.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/04/20 at 8:14 am

Only until Inauguration Day... I hope. I've said this before and I'll say it again.
I for one do NOT want him serving another term. He seriously needs to be voted out.

Even though I don't care for Biden either, but that's the reason I'm voting for him. I was never a fan of Trump from the beginning. I wished the GOP could have come up if someone better. I was hoping for Jeb Bush myself, but he's considered too "liberal" by today's Republicans/alt-right standards. I also wish the Democrats could come up someone better. I didn't care for Hillary either.

Like in 2016, if enough people don't show up to vote thinking Biden will win anyway, the silent majority could show us up and reelect Trump.

Written By: nally on 08/04/20 at 12:15 pm

Even though I don't care for Biden either, but that's the reason I'm voting for him. I was never a fan of Trump from the beginning. I wished the GOP could have come up if someone better. I was hoping for Jeb Bush myself, but he's considered too "liberal" by today's Republicans/alt-right standards. I also wish the Democrats could come up someone better. I didn't care for Hillary either.

Like in 2016, if enough people don't show up to vote thinking Biden will win anyway, the silent majority could show us up and reelect Trump.

I think people should be more proactive this time around and vote that scumbag out. I firmly believe he is unfit to serve. Black Panther will probably agree with me.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/20 at 2:00 pm

Hotter?

I probably think we'll get more heatwaves.

Written By: nally on 08/04/20 at 2:02 pm

I probably think we'll get more heatwaves.

That sorta thing seems to happen randomly. It depends on what all is in the atmosphere at any given moment.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/04/20 at 6:32 pm

Trump supporters are a loud minority lol.

Anyways, what state do you live in?

I think people should be more proactive this time around and vote that scumbag out. I firmly believe he is unfit to serve. Black Panther will probably agree with me.

Yes, I do! O0

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/04/20 at 8:12 pm

Trump supporters are a loud minority lol.

Anyways, what state do you live in?
Yes, I do! O0

I live in Georgia.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/04/20 at 11:05 pm

I live in Georgia.

Awesome. Georgia is going to be a very important state in this election. The more votes for Biden in GA - the better! 8)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/05/20 at 12:14 am

By the way this year's been going, I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't an election this year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 3:05 am

By the way this year's been going, I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't an election this year.
In the UK, due to be held in May this year, Local Elections including for Mayor of London were postponed till May next year.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/20 at 9:35 am

I live in Georgia.

I live in New York.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/20 at 9:37 am

Maybe Kayne will start to campaign his run for president.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/05/20 at 9:39 am

He's not the only one!!!!

Written By: Howard on 08/06/20 at 2:07 pm

What else will they predict in 2021?

Written By: nally on 08/06/20 at 2:16 pm

Maybe Kanye will start to campaign his run for president.

Oh please, for cryin out loud ,NO MORE celebrity presidents. If they want to run for a lower office, such as mayor, governor, senator, or treasurer, I'm fine with that. I think the office of President should have a prerequisite of a lower office and/or military service, which just about all of the former chief executives had. AND fitness to serve. That's my opinion anyway.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/06/20 at 2:26 pm

Oh please, for cryin out loud ,NO MORE celebrity presidents. If they want to run for a lower office, such as mayor, governor, senator, or treasurer, I'm fine with that. I think the office of President should have a prerequisite of a lower office and/or military service, which just about all of the former chief executives had. AND fitness to serve. That's my opinion anyway.

I too am tired of goofy celebrities, but I can't agree with you. What you suggest is unconstitutional. As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. It does not require any other qualifications.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/20 at 4:24 pm

I too am tired of goofy celebrities, but I can't agree with you. What you suggest is unconstitutional. As directed by the Constitution, a presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. It does not require any other qualifications.

Yeah. It is unfortunate so many people will vote for them just because they are a celebrity though. Or even in spite of it, when they don't have a lot of experience.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/06/20 at 6:19 pm

Some of my predictions.

1. Biden will take office on January 20.
2. Dems will expand their House majority and take back the Senate.
3. Trump will be arrested the minute he's no longer "president*," even if he literally has to be dragged out by Secret Service. Once Biden is sworn in, Trump, if he refused to leave, would be trespassing.
4. The 28th Amendment will expand the prerequisites for the presidency, in order to prevent another Donald Trump from happening again.
5. A COVID vaccine will arrive (if not sooner).
6. Britney Spears's conservatorship will end.
7. Twitter will permanently ban Donald Trump and his cronies.
8. MAGA hats and other Trumpist symbolism will be banned, a la Strafgesetzbuch section 86a. Look how fast Nazism was dismantled in Germany.
9. At least one Fox News idiot (Hannity, Carlson, Pirro) will be taken off the air and/or arrested, and/or Fox News itself will be taken off the air and/or banned.
10. The Fairness Doctrine will be reinstated.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/06/20 at 7:23 pm

Some of my predictions.

3. Trump will be arrested the minute he's no longer "president*," even if he literally has to be dragged out by Secret Service. Once Biden is sworn in, Trump, if he refused to leave, would be trespassing.
4. The 28th Amendment will expand the prerequisites for the presidency, in order to prevent another Donald Trump from happening again.
8. MAGA hats and other Trumpist symbolism will be banned, a la Strafgesetzbuch section 86a. Look how fast Nazism was dismantled in Germany.
9. At least one Fox News idiot (Hannity, Carlson, Pirro) will be taken off the air and/or arrested, and/or Fox News itself will be taken off the air and/or banned.

Scary. Advocating banning objects that express people's honest opinion, arresting broadcasters regardless of freedom of the press, people being dragged out (no indication that a crime was committed), changing the Constitution to limit who can be president...very fascist leaning. What a dystopian future. Certainly doesn't sound like a democracy to me. Not to mention even caring at all what happens to Britney Spears. 

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/20 at 8:15 pm

Scary. Advocating banning objects that express people's honest opinion, arresting broadcasters regardless of freedom of the press, people being dragged out (no indication that a crime was committed), changing the Constitution to limit who can be president...very fascist leaning. What a dystopian future. Certainly doesn't sound like a democracy to me. Not to mention even caring at all what happens to Britney Spears.

Yeah it sounds like communism.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/07/20 at 2:34 am

Some of my predictions.

Do you want a civil war? Because that's how you get a civil war.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/07/20 at 6:09 am

I'm just making honest predictions, not necessarily expressing my opinion.

None of this has to do with freedom of the press. It has to do with stopping objectively dangerous viewpoints (Trumpism, in this case), stripping it of a platform. Fox is not news; it's propaganda disguised as entertainment disguised as news.

Maybe I went a little too far with 8 and 9, but as I said, I'm simply making predictions, whether I agree with them or not. The first three are guaranteed to happen. 5 is likely to happen. 6 could happen. 7 is possible.

And "people being dragged out (no indication that a crime was committed)". Isn't trespassing a crime, especially if it's the White House?

Written By: Howard on 08/07/20 at 8:11 am

Could Kayne be the next president along with his wife Kim Kardashian as the first lady?

Written By: nally on 08/07/20 at 9:37 am

Could Kanye be the next president along with his wife Kim Kardashian as the first lady?

Please NO.
It doesn't matter what political affiliation they have, or anything else.

And his name is KaNYe, not KaYNe.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/07/20 at 9:45 am

Maybe Kayne will start to campaign his run for president.

He is apparently on the ballot in a few states, being sponsored and aided by - you guest it - REPUBLICANS

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/07/20 at 9:52 am

He is apparently on the ballot in a few states, being sponsored and aided by - you guest it - REPUBLICANS

But that would make sense even if it wasn't a strategy to take votes from Biden. Many of the opinions West has expressed fall into line with the Republican platform.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/20 at 1:27 pm

Some of my predictions.

These things won't happen because of something called the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Also, this is what it takes for the Constitution to be amended:

-Proposal by convention of the states, with ratification by state conventions. This method has never been used.
-Proposal by convention of the states, with ratification by state legislatures. This method has also never been used.
-Proposal by Congress, with ratification by state conventions. This method has been used one time.
-Proposal by Congress, with ratification by the state legislatures. This method was used for all current amendments except one.

Just because Washington is owned by one party (i.e. majority in the House & Senate plus the White House), that doesn't mean that they can just change the Constitution on a whim.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/07/20 at 2:32 pm

What about in New York?

Written By: Howard on 08/07/20 at 2:34 pm

They said a vaccine would be available by 2021.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/07/20 at 2:34 pm

These things won't happen because of something called the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Also, this is what it takes for the Constitution to be amended:

-Proposal by convention of the states, with ratification by state conventions. This method has never been used.
-Proposal by convention of the states, with ratification by state legislatures. This method has also never been used.
-Proposal by Congress, with ratification by state conventions. This method has been used one time.
-Proposal by Congress, with ratification by the state legislatures. This method was used for all current amendments except one.

Just because Washington is owned by one party (i.e. majority in the House & Senate plus the White House), that doesn't mean that they can just change the Constitution on a whim.

Cat

This!

Written By: nally on 08/07/20 at 5:01 pm

They said a vaccine would be available by 2021.

Let's hope so. 👍

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/08/20 at 10:17 am

But that would make sense even if it wasn't a strategy to take votes from Biden. Many of the opinions West has expressed fall into line with the Republican platform.

And take votes from Trump?  It's Trump supporters who are doing this

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/09/20 at 3:03 pm

Kanye West is a clown. Also, nobody who is voting for Biden is going to suddenly vote for Kanye.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/09/20 at 3:23 pm

Kanye West is a clown. Also, nobody who is voting for Biden is going to suddenly vote for Kanye.

http://memeguy.com/photos/images/kanye-vs-hendrix-61349.jpg

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/09/20 at 7:35 pm

Yesterday my brother and I drove to Lincoln, NE (where we grew up) to visit our mom, and afterward we decided to stop at Duffy's Tavern, a downtown bar that has been a Lincoln institution since 1936 and where generations of college students have gone to hang out and watch live music. They followed all the masking and social distancing protocols and we sat outside in the beer garden.

And it worried me. Usually at 7 pm on a Saturday night the place is packed but there were less than 10 people there. One of the bartenders said that it starts filling up after around 10 pm but still it was apparent that their business right now is a tiny fraction of what it normally is and it seemed to me that they couldn't keep operating like that forever.

This isn't so much a prediction as it is a fear of mine, but my concern is that if this pandemic goes well into next year it could have a profound and lasting negative effect on our culture that might be irreversible. There are countless locally owned bars and restaurants and music venues nationwide that are in danger of disappearing forever (and quite a few already have), and these places are a big part of what give neighborhoods and cities their own identities and personalities.

I worry that if the pandemic situation isn't resolved soon, then local mom-and-pop establishments (except for places that offer take out, they seem to be doing all right) will be a thing of the past, relegated to the scrap heap of the 20th century. I worry that after all these places go out of business and their buildings lie vacant, some multinational conglomerate is going to buy them all up on the cheap and reopen them as soulless, cookie cutter Applebee's type establishments.

I'm especially worried about the local live music venues. They seem to be especially vulnerable to all of this, and I worry that iHeart Radio or Live Nation or Ticketmaster could buy them all up and basically shut out any artists who they feel are either too controversial or not commercially viable enough, similar to what they already do on commercial terrestrial radio.

I really hope I'm wrong about this and that this is all just a paranoid conspiracy of mine.  :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/09/20 at 8:29 pm

Yesterday my brother and I drove to Lincoln, NE (where we grew up) to visit our mom, and afterward we decided to stop at Duffy's Tavern, a downtown bar that has been a Lincoln institution since 1936 and where generations of college students have gone to hang out and watch live music. They followed all the masking and social distancing protocols and we sat outside in the beer garden.

And it worried me. Usually at 7 pm on a Saturday night the place is packed but there were less than 10 people there. One of the bartenders said that it starts filling up after around 10 pm but still it was apparent that their business right now is a tiny fraction of what it normally is and it seemed to me that they couldn't keep operating like that forever.

This isn't so much a prediction as it is a fear of mine, but my concern is that if this pandemic goes well into next year it could have a profound and lasting negative effect on our culture that might be irreversible. There are countless locally owned bars and restaurants and music venues nationwide that are in danger of disappearing forever (and quite a few already have), and these places are a big part of what give neighborhoods and cities their own identities and personalities.

I worry that if the pandemic situation isn't resolved soon, then local mom-and-pop establishments (except for places that offer take out, they seem to be doing all right) will be a thing of the past, relegated to the scrap heap of the 20th century. I worry that after all these places go out of business and their buildings lie vacant, some multinational conglomerate is going to buy them all up on the cheap and reopen them as soulless, cookie cutter Applebee's type establishments.

I'm especially worried about the local live music venues. They seem to be especially vulnerable to all of this, and I worry that iHeart Radio or Live Nation or Ticketmaster could buy them all up and basically shut out any artists who they feel are either too controversial or not commercially viable enough, similar to what they already do on commercial terrestrial radio.

I really hope I'm wrong about this and that this is all just a paranoid conspiracy of mine.  :-\\

This is pretty much right on the money.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/10/20 at 10:00 am

Yes, he is, and I hope you're right, but its the only 3rd party shot Trump has, and he has nothing to lose

Written By: Howard on 08/10/20 at 3:14 pm

Would you vote for Kim Kardashian?  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/11/20 at 9:08 am

Depends on what she was running for.  No more need be said

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/11/20 at 9:37 am

No.

Written By: Howard on 08/11/20 at 2:15 pm

Depends on what she was running for.  No more need be said

First Lady.

Written By: nally on 08/11/20 at 2:36 pm

In sports, Albert Pujols might get his 700th career home run. (It will be the final year of his contract with the L.A. Angels.)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/11/20 at 2:40 pm

If the pandemic is resolved soon, then you'll be able to buy a second-hand kayak dirt cheap next summer.  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/12/20 at 9:17 am

First Lady.

More like first bimbo

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/12/20 at 11:59 am

Even with practically all festivals and events cancelled, it seems like there are more tourists than ever crowding this area. Like traffic backed up for a mile at the bridge, that only happens on car show weekend which was cancelled. Usually it’s a mass exodus on Labor Day and we get our area and our sanity back, but I don’t think that will happen this year. There’s no reason to. A lot of them are saying they’re staying. With more people either being paid to not work, being able to work remotely, and schools likely either closing or going remote... people can be anywhere and perform their duties. They can live a permanent vacation.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 08/12/20 at 3:13 pm

All I know is that the vaccine will not be released this year. Gotta wait until 2022/23.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/20 at 7:56 am

The 2021 school year will be different.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/03/20 at 5:49 pm

Bad news. Robert Pattison has been tested positive for COVID and The Batman has halted production again.

Written By: Sman12 on 09/04/20 at 9:59 am

Bad news. Robert Pattison has been tested positive for COVID and The Batman has halted production again.

Sigh...I wish him a speedy recovery.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/04/20 at 12:01 pm

Sigh...I wish him a speedy recovery.

Same here, even more than for the movie to be released on time. They didn't disclose if he was symptomatic or not, but they have to quarantine for at least 2 weeks.

Written By: Howard on 09/04/20 at 2:12 pm

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02278-5

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/26/20 at 8:22 am

One prediction is that Prince Charles will take the throne. Not saying that Elizabeth will pass necessarily even though she is in her Mid-90's, she may decide to abdicate. It will be a huge deal because she's had a long reign and most generations only knew her to be on the throne.

Written By: Sman12 on 09/26/20 at 8:28 am

One prediction is that Prince Charles will take the throne. Not saying that Elizabeth will pass necessarily even though she is in her Mid-90's, she may decide to abdicate. It will be a huge deal because she's had a long reign and most generations only knew her to be on the throne.

I won't even be surprised if she dies by the end of this year since 2020 is probably gonna throw us more curveballs.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/26/20 at 8:42 am

I won't even be surprised if she dies by the end of this year since 2020 is probably gonna throw us more curveballs.

Didn't she test positive for COVID earlier this year, or was that just a rumor? I think PM Boris Johnson did officially.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/20 at 10:33 am

Didn't she test positive for COVID earlier this year, or was that just a rumor? I think PM Boris Johnson did officially.
As far as it is known, Queen Elizabeth has never been tested, but it was Prince Charles spent seven days self-isolating in Scotland after testing positive and displaying mild symptoms. The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, was tested and did not have the virus, but will self-isolate until the end of the week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52088684

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:42 pm

I also predict Betty White too.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/06/20 at 5:02 am

It's official. News I've been dreading to hear. The Batman has been delayed to March 2022. Originally it was supposed to have been released in June 2021, exactly 16 years after Batman Begins was released in 2005 (the first of the Dark Knight series), which was 16 years after Tim Burton's Batman in 1989. COVID really interrupted order in the universe.

https://screenrant.com/batman-movie-release-date-delayed-march-2022-dc/

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/20 at 5:15 am

It's official. News I've been dreading to hear. The Batman has been delayed to March 2022. Originally it was supposed to have been released in June 2021, exactly 16 years after Batman Begins was released in 2005 (the first of the Dark Knight series), which was 16 years after Tim Burton's Batman in 1989. COVID really interrupted order in the universe.

https://screenrant.com/batman-movie-release-date-delayed-march-2022-dc/
Exactly, the next James Bond movie is now set for an April 2021 release, when it should have been released this month. Adding the closure of cinema, I guess we have to look forward to watch new releases at home on your pay-to-view television. Not to mention about how the production of the movies is going on?

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/06/20 at 7:31 am

Exactly, the next James Bond movie is now set for an April 2021 release, when it should have been released this month. Adding the closure of cinema, I guess we have to look forward to watch new releases at home on your pay-to-view television. Not to mention about how the production of the movies is going on?

The box office as we knew it will never be the same. Companies like AMC and Regal might become a thing of the past, like Blockbuster.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/20 at 7:35 am

The box office as we knew it will never be the same. Companies like AMC and Regal might become a thing of the past, like Blockbuster.
Going to the cinema has been my life, and always was a birthday treat for the family too, and as you say, it will now be not the same.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/20 at 7:36 am

Hopefully by the middle or towards the end of 2021, we might just a get vaccine.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/20 at 7:37 am

Going to the cinema has been my life, and always was a birthday treat for the family too, and as you say, it will now be not the same.

I used to go the movies a lot back in the days and now I don't go anymore.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/06/20 at 8:35 am

Hopefully by the middle or towards the end of 2021, we might just a get vaccine.

A vaccine doesn't erase the long-term consequences this pandemic already brought on the world though. You can have a vaccine tomorrow but the rioting and unemployment will still go on.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/06/20 at 10:23 am

Also the article mentioned the reason WB is delayed the Batman other movies, like Dune is proactive measures because they are anticipating another wave of Coronavirus outbreaks over the upcoming winter months that's even worse than before, combined with the flu season. Production could get halted at any time, so this gives them more room to work with so they don't end up missing the previous release date. I'm hoping for a chance they finish production and filming and can release it 2021 after all. I think WonderWoman was once delayed to 2021 but they were able to move it back up to Christmas Day.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/08/20 at 9:04 am

Also with The Batman, it's not only the pandemic itself that's causing the delay, but supposedly Robert Pattison himself. Not just because he tested positive for COVID, but he was said to be uncooperative and failed to stay in shape during quarantine for the character. That movie plus the sequels might be in jeopardy, and the sequels might get cancelled altogether unless they recast the Batman like they did with the 1989-1990's series.

Also Jurassic World 3 got pushed back to 2022, so looks like it's going to be mainly movies originally scheduled for 2020 to be released in cinemas in 2021, like the new Ghostbusters, 007, FF9, Dune, etc. They may just release them straight to streaming.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 9:07 am

Also with The Batman, it's not only the pandemic itself that's causing the delay, but supposedly Robert Pattison himself. Not just because he tested positive for COVID, but he was said to be uncooperative and failed to stay in shape during quarantine for the character. That movie plus the sequels might be in jeopardy, and the sequels might get cancelled altogether unless they recast the Batman like they did with the 1989-1990's series.

Also Jurassic World 3 got pushed back to 2022, so looks like it's going to be mainly movies originally scheduled for 2020 to be released in cinemas in 2021, like the new Ghostbusters, 007, FF9, Dune, etc. They may just release them straight to streaming.
Is it worth it for another Ghostbusters? The last one I understand was dire.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/08/20 at 9:16 am

ENOUGH  with Batman, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park ad nauseum! With movie theaters on the brink (or beyond the brink) of extinction the time is right for the movie industry to reset and rid itself of this "Marvel Comics" mentality that has plagued it for decades now. People are approaching things in a new way now that 2020s culture is here to stay. If something doesn't change with all this money grubbing lack of creativity, movies are finished as an art form. They basically are already.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 10:57 am

ENOUGH  with Batman, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park ad nauseum! With movie theaters on the brink (or beyond the brink) of extinction the time is right for the movie industry to reset and rid itself of this "Marvel Comics" mentality that has plagued it for decades now. People are approaching things in a new way now that 2020s culture is here to stay. If something doesn't change with all this money grubbing lack of creativity, movies are finished as an art form. They basically are already.
Even though the fans of Star Wars are still loyal to their cause, the general interest is fading with the continuing tales of the Star Wars saga. I was there for the first Star Wars film, and now all the others have just faded into one. The music is still great.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/20 at 1:48 pm

No, I don't think it's worth it.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/08/20 at 2:41 pm

At first I thought you meant Ghostbusters 2 and I'm one of the oddballs that liked that one better than the original, but then by "last one" did you mean the remake in 2016? That one was a disaster. Nothing wrong with an all-female cast, just that it could have been casted better. I would have casted Anna Farris and/or Aubrey Plaza. Then there was the Saturday Night Fever dancing with the closing credits that just set the tone for the whole movie.

Also Indiana Jones. That one might be scrapped altogether otherwise it will probably suffer the same fate as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I thought the 2010's were overdone with the Marvel/Avengers movies, but I've always been a Batman fan and I was looking forward to another reboot. The new Jurassic Park looked promising because it's crossing over the cast and characters of new and original. I also like the reboots/sequels of other 80's classics like Bill and Ted and the upcoming Top Gun. It seems fitting in a time of 80's nostalgia.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 2:53 pm

At first I thought you meant Ghostbusters 2 and I'm one of the oddballs that liked that one better than the original, but then by "last one" did you mean the remake in 2016? That one was a disaster. Nothing wrong with an all-female cast, just that it could have been casted better. I would have casted Anna Farris and/or Aubrey Plaza. Then there was the Saturday Night Fever dancing with the closing credits that just set the tone for the whole movie.

Yes indeed, the female Ghostbusters, I have not seen it and I am keeping it that way.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/08/20 at 3:09 pm

Yes indeed, the female Ghostbusters, I have not seen it and I am keeping it that way.

You're not missing anything. Luckily the only thing I wasted was 2 hours of my life and 1 of 2 DVD/Blu-ray discs per month (yes, I still do the DVD queue thing on Netflix). At least the new one will be a direct sequel to Ghostbusters 2.

Written By: Sman12 on 10/08/20 at 6:50 pm

Wow. Cinemas are in hot water right now with closures, film delays, etc. If all theaters begin to cease operations due to the pandemic, that'll definitely set the 2020s apart from decades past with everyone relying on Internet streaming for movie and TV premieres.

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/08/20 at 7:35 pm

I heard on the news today that AMC theatres said the show must go on and they’re opening most of their theaters. With some safety protocols.

Maybe call it safer. As in you can’t be safe in that situation.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/08/20 at 7:40 pm

Wow. Cinemas are in hot water right now with closures, film delays, etc. If all theaters begin to cease operations due to the pandemic, that'll definitely set the 2020s apart from decades past with everyone relying on Internet streaming for movie and TV premieres.

Movie theaters will not survive the pandemic. I called it months ago. They are not part of the new 2020s culture.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/08/20 at 8:11 pm

Movie theaters will not survive the pandemic. I called it months ago. They are not part of the new 2020s culture.

They are going the way of drive-in theaters. They were popular in the 1950's and then became a thing of the past, but they were still around, even starting to make a comeback during the pandemic. I started to not care for theater experience before the pandemic. You rush to make the showtime only to sit through more than 30 minutes of previews. You pretty much have to give up an entire afternoon or evening, and there's only a handful of films each year that's worth that trouble. Not to mention the price of tickets and if you buy snacks. I'm also the type that likes to be in control of when I can watch the movie, and can pause if I need to (ex: bathroom break).

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/08/20 at 8:28 pm

They are going the way of drive-in theaters. They were popular in the 1950's and then became a thing of the past, but they were still around, even starting to make a comeback during the pandemic. I started to not care for theater experience before the pandemic. You rush to make the showtime only to sit through more than 30 minutes of previews. You pretty much have to give up an entire afternoon or evening, and there's only a handful of films each year that's worth that trouble. Not to mention the price of tickets and if you buy snacks. I'm also the type that likes to be in control of when I can watch the movie, and can pause if I need to (ex: bathroom break).

Movie theaters were already on their last legs before the pandemic. That's why they won't survive. This is just the last nail in the coffin. And for all the reasons you stated. Going to the movie theater is now an expensive, inconvenient, time wasting  and often uncomfortable proposition. Not to mention rude, crude people who talk loudly on their phones, come in late, etc. It wasn't always this way, but that's what they deteriorated to.  Besides, we now live in an on-demand culture and nobody wants to submit to the timetable of the theater.

By the way, drive-ins don't have a snowball's chance in hell of making a comeback. It was a cute, semi-interesting novelty for the pandemic, but that's about it. As I have said on this forum time and again for all the people who think this and that thing are "coming back", once something becomes obsolete it NEVER comes back to the mainstream and into regular usage. Oh yes, little things may come back as "fads" for ten minutes, but are never really taken seriously and certainly  never absorbed back into the regular mainstream usage they once enjoyed before they became obsolete. 

Written By: Howard on 10/09/20 at 7:44 am

I think theaters are going the way of the dinosaurs, back in the 1970's and 80's watching films in a movie theater was an exciting thing and you couldn't wait to buy your big jug of buttered popcorn and soda by the concession stand, but I think the future right now for the mid 2020's is internet streaming.

Written By: Howard on 10/09/20 at 7:46 am

You can just sit in the comfort of your own home and watch a film in peace and quiet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/20 at 9:05 am

Movie theaters were already on their last legs before the pandemic. That's why they won't survive. This is just the last nail in the coffin. And for all the reasons you stated. Going to the movie theater is now an expensive, inconvenient, time wasting  and often uncomfortable proposition. Not to mention rude, crude people who talk loudly on their phones, come in late, etc. It wasn't always this way, but that's what they deteriorated to.  Besides, we now live in an on-demand culture and nobody wants to submit to the timetable of the theater.

By the way, drive-ins don't have a snowball's chance in hell of making a comeback. It was a cute, semi-interesting novelty for the pandemic, but that's about it. As I have said on this forum time and again for all the people who think this and that thing are "coming back", once something becomes obsolete it NEVER comes back to the mainstream and into regular usage. Oh yes, little things may come back as "fads" for ten minutes, but are never really taken seriously and certainly  never absorbed back into the regular mainstream usage they once enjoyed before they became obsolete. 
I know of two feature films that were wrapped (in the can) before Covid-19 was upon us. Spielberg's " West Side Story' in October 2019, and the Disney Production "Cruella" in November last year. But how the films will be shown to the is the big question. In my view a film is s film that needs to be seen on a large screen.

Btw, I saw them filming on location in Greenwich, London last year and have followed it's production with interested.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/09/20 at 10:27 am

They should have released Tenet direct to steaming.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/20 at 10:46 am

They should have released Tenet direct to steaming.
A big spectacular film, like "1917", has to be seen on a large screen, I saw like that before lockdown started and there was only another person in the auditorium with me, keeping social distance before it was known to.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/09/20 at 2:47 pm

A big spectacular film, like "1917", has to be seen on a large screen, I saw like that before lockdown started and there was only another person in the auditorium with me, keeping social distance before it was known to.

I forgot about that movie. I didn't see in theaters but rented it soon as it came out on video. I remember deciding to go see Bad Boys For Life instead, but the last movie I watched in theaters was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/20 at 4:10 am

Broadway shows might open back up but that's what they're assuming.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/20 at 11:48 am

I forgot about that movie. I didn't see in theaters but rented it soon as it came out on video. I remember deciding to go see Bad Boys For Life instead, but the last movie I watched in theaters was Sonic the Hedgehog.
Now here in the UK, almost a quarter of Vue's UK cinemas will shut for three days a week in the wake of the postponements of the next James Bond film and other blockbusters.

Written By: nally on 10/12/20 at 5:08 pm

I suppose they could make a socially-distanced Broadway show?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/20 at 2:11 am

But the main draw back is less people in the audience and therefore less revenue coming in.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/20 at 7:59 am

That's one way.

Written By: nally on 10/13/20 at 1:17 pm

But the main draw back is less people in the audience and therefore less revenue coming in.

That's true, because only a fraction of the seats can have occupants.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/20 at 1:24 pm

That's true, because only a fraction of the seats can have occupants.
...and the same applies to restaurants.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/20 at 2:07 pm

...and the same applies to restaurants.

They can only allow a limited number of people inside.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/20 at 2:10 pm

They can only allow a limited number of people inside.
...and outside.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/20 at 2:31 pm

...and outside.

But I think during the winter months eating outside may be a pain in the ass as they struggle to find special heaters to keep people warm.

Written By: nally on 10/13/20 at 3:44 pm

But I think during the winter months eating outside may be a pain in the ass as they struggle to find special heaters to keep people warm.

And the precipitation factor. That would deter most outside services.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/20 at 3:24 pm

And the precipitation factor. That would deter most outside services.

Whether it snows we'll have to find out when it happens.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/20 at 3:26 am

Probably by then the pubs. clubs, and restaurants will be closed down by then due to a second lockdown.

Written By: Howard on 10/15/20 at 7:46 am

Probably by then the pubs. clubs, and restaurants will be closed down by then due to a second lockdown.

And they might have to wait till they open up again.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 10/15/20 at 11:19 am

And they might have to wait till they open up again.

Those businesses might become toast if a second lockdown were to happen, because many of them were already suffering from financial problems due to COVID-19.

Written By: Howard on 10/15/20 at 2:13 pm

Those businesses might become toast if a second lockdown were to happen, because many of them were already suffering from financial problems due to COVID-19.

I think restaurants are trying to do the best thing to try to keep customers feel safe by bringing out space heaters to keep them warm.

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/15/20 at 2:35 pm

I think restaurants are trying to do the best thing to try to keep customers feel safe by bringing out space heaters to keep them warm.

The ones here that don’t close up will resort to take out again for winter. You can’t space heat the outside especially when it’s snowing and blowing and zero degrees. Space heating is expensive too. If it costs more than what you’re making from the customers then you have to try something else.

Then again with the Supreme Court overthrowing our governor, people can pretty much do whatever they want now. We now have more daily cases than we had pre lockdown. Most businesses hope to stay safe especially for their employees, but when it comes to losing their business they’ll give up safety and pray for the best.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/15/20 at 3:00 pm

Where I live, people can eat inside restaurants there's just more safety protocols put in place.

Written By: nally on 10/15/20 at 7:26 pm

Yes, that is possible for some parts of the U.S., just not where I live.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/20 at 7:58 am

The ones here that don’t close up will resort to take out again for winter. You can’t space heat the outside especially when it’s snowing and blowing and zero degrees. Space heating is expensive too. If it costs more than what you’re making from the customers then you have to try something else.

Then again with the Supreme Court overthrowing our governor, people can pretty much do whatever they want now. We now have more daily cases than we had pre lockdown. Most businesses hope to stay safe especially for their employees, but when it comes to losing their business they’ll give up safety and pray for the best.

They're going to have to think of something cause when it does get bitterly cold most likely in January, always think of customer's safety first.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/07/20 at 10:50 am

Well I "predict" Joe Biden will be in the White House in January. As for what happens between now and then, who knows.

Written By: nally on 11/07/20 at 3:17 pm

Well I "predict" Joe Biden will be in the White House in January. As for what happens between now and then, who knows.

He will definitely be there. Starting on Inauguration Day.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/07/20 at 3:26 pm

He will definitely be there. Starting on Inauguration Day.

Perhaps in 2021 there will be the first female president (who also happens to be African-American) because Biden is getting older and he may end up needing to retire.

Written By: nally on 11/07/20 at 3:30 pm

Perhaps in 2021 there will be the first female president (who also happens to be African-American) because Biden is getting older and he may end up needing to retire.

You never know. It would be a historical moment if she eventually advances to the presidency.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/20 at 4:51 am

I guess Donald can go back to The Apprentice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/20 at 6:02 am

I guess Donald can go back to The Apprentice.
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/123924848_3421137764643104_8560373067904806183_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=ImTE1DnzOWYAX_cRIpL&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=aad7a4dac70bb4a6e8c1af98a9548b78&oe=5FCEDDF1

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/08/20 at 6:45 am

Not sure about next year, but I think after 1 term he will step down and have her run in 2024.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/08/20 at 9:07 am

He probably will run in 2024. And I hope Biden lives up to his promises, because if he lets us down it won’t be hard to swing enough people to vote trump back in.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/08/20 at 9:47 am

BI-DON

Written By: Slim95 on 11/08/20 at 12:08 pm

He probably will run in 2024. And I hope Biden lives up to his promises, because if he lets us down it won’t be hard to swing enough people to vote trump back in.

Trump won't be running again.

Written By: nally on 11/08/20 at 12:09 pm

I sure hope not. I don't want him being the next Grover Cleveland.

Written By: nally on 11/08/20 at 2:51 pm

BI-DON

or, this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81QUXX-OHsL._AC_SX450_.jpg
(hopefully it'll show up)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/20 at 7:45 am

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/123924848_3421137764643104_8560373067904806183_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=ImTE1DnzOWYAX_cRIpL&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=aad7a4dac70bb4a6e8c1af98a9548b78&oe=5FCEDDF1

or maybe make a podcast.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/20 at 7:46 am

Not sure about next year, but I think after 1 term he will step down and have her run in 2024.

Biden probably has another 4 more years.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/20 at 7:47 am

God, hope not!  ::)

Written By: Elor on 11/09/20 at 7:47 am

Considering his age I find that highly unlikely.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 9:57 am

DT will open more new golf courses.

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/09/20 at 11:28 am

Hard telling. He would be the same age that Biden will be this month. As long as he stays active and strong.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/20 at 1:30 pm

DT will open more new golf courses.

That might be hard to do from prison.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 1:31 pm

That might be hard to do from prison.

Cat
A couple of holes could still be constructed behind the walls?

Written By: Howard on 11/09/20 at 1:32 pm

So that means most likely Kamala Harris would take over.

Written By: nally on 11/09/20 at 6:54 pm

She'll probably eventually become the first woman President of the US sometime in the 2020's. That would be historic. O0

Written By: nally on 11/09/20 at 7:01 pm

He WILL take office on Inauguration day. Whether he makes it through a full term or not, no one knows for sure. Age isn't everything. In fact, just the other night when he came out to give his acceptance speech, he jogged out onto the stage and spoke with energy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/20 at 3:58 am

That was our discussion over the last weekend.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/20 at 2:10 pm

2021 will either be worse or better than 2020. I honestly think it's either one or the other, it won't stay the same as 2020 though.

Written By: Howard on 11/10/20 at 3:15 pm

She'll probably eventually become the first woman President of the US sometime in the 2020's. That would be historic. O0

It sure would.

Written By: Howard on 11/10/20 at 3:16 pm

2021 will either be worse or better than 2020. I honestly think it's either one or the other, it won't stay the same as 2020 though.

Will we see any good news in 2021?

Written By: Howard on 12/04/20 at 2:19 pm

https://fortune.com/2020/12/01/2021-predictions-economy-politics-technology-entertainment/

Written By: muppethammer26 on 12/05/20 at 3:37 pm

The first half of 2021 will probably be just a continuation of 2020. Even if a vaccine for COVID-19 gets approved either this month or next, I think it would still take a while before governments start to remove restrictions on movement, face mask requirements, social distancing, etc.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/05/20 at 5:05 pm

The first half of 2021 will probably be just a continuation of 2020. Even if a vaccine for COVID-19 gets approved either this month or next, I think it would still take a while before governments start to remove restrictions on movement, face mask requirements, social distancing, etc.

I'm ok with wearing masks and social distancing. I just hope we don't have one tragic event after another, and in Atlanta like many US cities experienced a large spike in violence.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/20 at 8:27 am

Are you fatigued of wearing masks and social distancing?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/07/20 at 9:27 am

The interesting thing to see is when we finally DO emerge from this nightmare of a pandemic. THAT is going to be the true "transition".  I guarantee you that no matter how fully we recover from the pandemic, you will be seeing articles like "Are We Really Out Of the Woods Yet?" and such. There will be people who don't believe it's over just like there are now people who think it's a hoax.  For at least a year after the pandemic is officially declared over you will see people (and organizations) with a foot in and a foot out. There will be a massive rush of people who will go back to large public gatherings, restaurants, etc, and there will be a similar amount who are hesitant. There will be a "divided culture" of sorts. Wait and see. 

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/07/20 at 1:30 pm

Well, I'm a person who let's life unfold as it will, but I can almost see the  mask industry having a whole new accessory, the mask, as so many seem to love it so much... :)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/20 at 7:16 am

The interesting thing to see is when we finally DO emerge from this nightmare of a pandemic. THAT is going to be the true "transition".  I guarantee you that no matter how fully we recover from the pandemic, you will be seeing articles like "Are We Really Out Of the Woods Yet?" and such. There will be people who don't believe it's over just like there are now people who think it's a hoax.  For at least a year after the pandemic is officially declared over you will see people (and organizations) with a foot in and a foot out. There will be a massive rush of people who will go back to large public gatherings, restaurants, etc, and there will be a similar amount who are hesitant. There will be a "divided culture" of sorts. Wait and see.

I can probably see this pandemic end as early as The Spring Of 2021.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/08/20 at 12:22 pm

I can probably see this pandemic end as early as The Spring Of 2021.

I doubt it.

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/20 at 12:25 pm

I doubt it.

Yeah, probably end of 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if 2021 ends up being worse than 2020 in some countries like Canada.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/08/20 at 1:08 pm

Yeah, probably end of 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if 2021 ends up being worse than 2020 in some countries like Canada.

I can't see how it's possible to be any worse than 2020 in the States, unless we go to war or have a civil war, or some major natural disaster. I think crime will be even higher, possibly to the levels of the late 80's/early 90's crack epidemic time.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 1:22 pm

It could get a lot worse if people experience the negative fallouts of the "great" covid vaccines they will be rushing to get...I hear almost every day of the negatives....

Written By: Howard on 12/08/20 at 2:09 pm

I doubt it.

So you probably think Summer or Fall 2021?

Written By: Howard on 12/08/20 at 2:09 pm

How about 2022 or 2023?

Written By: 2001 on 12/10/20 at 6:15 pm

I can't see how it's possible to be any worse than 2020 in the States, unless we go to war or have a civil war, or some major natural disaster. I think crime will be even higher, possibly to the levels of the late 80's/early 90's crack epidemic time.

Well there were 3,000 deaths each day in the past two days in the US :o

I heard December 2020 is on track to be the deadliest month in the US, surpassing October 1918. I wouldn't be surprised to see that streak continue into January/February  :-[

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:10 pm

Well there were 3,000 deaths each day in the past two days in the US :o

I heard December 2020 is on track to be the deadliest month in the US, surpassing October 1918. I wouldn't be surprised to see that streak continue into January/February  :-[

Wow, I hope not. :(

Written By: Howard on 12/17/20 at 2:01 pm

Zoom/Skype conversations
fast food apps
online TV and movies
listening to music via Spotify or other apps, the clock radio may go the way of the dinosaur in the next year or so
ordering clothes and toiletries online

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/18/20 at 4:49 pm

Zoom/Skype conversations
fast food apps
online TV and movies
listening to music via Spotify or other apps, the clock radio may go the way of the dinosaur in the next year or so
ordering clothes and toiletries online

So basically more of the same as 2020. Btw Warner Bros is releasing all of their movies for streaming on the same day on HBO Max.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/20 at 7:19 am

So basically more of the same as 2020. Btw Warner Bros is releasing all of their movies for streaming on the same day on HBO Max.

In my opinion it's better to stay indoors to stream movies & just relaxing at home.

Written By: nally on 12/19/20 at 10:59 am

In my opinion it's better to stay indoors to stream movies & just relaxing at home.

Which is what I've been doing for mainly the last 9 months.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/19/20 at 11:37 am

I think 2021 will just be a continuation of 2020. It will be like 2020 Part 2. All we will hear about throughout the year is the pandemic. The restrictions will still be there until you stop hearing about case numbers and vaccinations, and this will go on all year.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/19/20 at 12:02 pm

I think 2021 will just be a continuation of 2020. It will be like 2020 Part 2. All we will hear about throughout the year is the pandemic. The restrictions will still be there until you stop hearing about case numbers and vaccinations, and this will go on all year.

That is correct. There have been some people posting here like things will change like the flick of a switch because of the vaccine and that people will be running out to movie theaters, restaurants, etc in droves like it's the fall of the Berlin Wall all over again or something. It doesn't work that way. The vaccine is going to take a while to work and it's going to take the whole year for everybody to get the vaccine, and all kinds of mistakes will be made, delays will happen, etc, and that's not even including the rest of the world. Not to mention the people who won't get it for whatever their own reasons. There will be no "flicking of the switch", believe me.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/20 at 1:48 pm

Will we continue to see the briefings by Deblasio, Cuomo and Murphy in 2021? ???

Written By: Sman12 on 12/19/20 at 3:17 pm

I heard that we will go to early 2022 until everything goes back to normal, which totally sucks.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/19/20 at 3:42 pm

I think a lot of people are going to disappointed about few weeks from now when they realized nothing has really changed. The only thing that will be different, at least in the US from January 20th is a new president, which will also disappoint a lot of people because nothing will really change after that.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 12/20/20 at 2:52 am

2021 is mostly likely going to be a 2020 2.0 or 2020 Part II, rather than a brand new year. Several restrictions are likely going to be still in place throughout the year. The current recession might even become a depression. By summer 2021, the news would had already been talking about the third wave, while the Olympics (which was already postponed from 2020) are likely going to be held in reduced capacity compared to previous Olympic years.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/20 at 1:35 pm

I predict that there will be a lot of banning happening. I banned 3 today already and can't remember how many I banned yesterday.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/20/20 at 4:27 pm

I predict that there will be a lot of banning happening. I banned 3 today already and can't remember how many I banned yesterday.

Cat

Spammers or ...?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/20 at 5:47 pm

Spammers or ...?

Spammers for sure. Or... :-X

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/21/20 at 1:50 pm

I heard that we will go to early 2022 until everything goes back to normal, which totally sucks.

Why is that we have to wait 2 more years?

Written By: 2001 on 12/21/20 at 3:41 pm

Why is that we have to wait 2 more years?

That's one year to get everyone vaccinated. In Canada they're saying everyone should be vaccinated by September 2021, I hope that doesn't end up looking optimistic..

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/22/20 at 2:06 am

I don't know if our country can handle being in lockdown and isolation past next spring or summer without having some kind of mass meltdown.

If this is indeed the case, then it is absolutely critical that the next administration address the mental health issues that are affecting us. I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be done to help boost our morale.

Unless, of course, the powers that be want us to be angry and afraid and depressed (I have my own suspicions that they do, and I'm trying my damnedest to be happy just to spite them).

If this isn't resolved within the next 4-6 months, then people are going to start fighting for their right to party.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/20 at 1:26 pm

I don't know if our country can handle being in lockdown and isolation past next spring or summer without having some kind of mass meltdown.

If this is indeed the case, then it is absolutely critical that the next administration address the mental health issues that are affecting us. I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be done to help boost our morale.

Unless, of course, the powers that be want us to be angry and afraid and depressed (I have my own suspicions that they do, and I'm trying my damnedest to be happy just to spite them).

If this isn't resolved within the next 4-6 months, then people are going to start fighting for their right to party.

At the moment, the powers that be do want us to be angry, afraid, and depressed. I don't see the incoming administration wanting that. They are going to address the problems instead of thinking that they will magically disappear.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/23/20 at 7:27 am

people are already solving it themselves by having parties maskless.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/30/20 at 8:54 pm

Now there's a more powerful and contagious strain of the Coronavirus that originated in the UK, and a few cases found in the US. I think we're in for a bumpier ride in 2021. I wouldn't put much hope in the vaccine either.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/20 at 3:17 am

Now there's a more powerful and contagious strain of the Coronavirus that originated in the UK, and a few cases found in the US. I think we're in for a bumpier ride in 2021. I wouldn't put much hope in the vaccine either.

So, we're going to have to wait a bit longer for the vaccine?  ???

Written By: Elor on 12/31/20 at 5:25 am

So, we're going to have to wait a bit longer for the vaccine?  ???
Nope, it's believed the vaccine will also work against the new strain of virus.

Written By: karen on 12/31/20 at 6:13 am

Nope, it's believed the vaccine will also work against the new strain of virus.

And if not can be easily adapted to work, because of the type of vaccine it is

Written By: Dude111 on 01/03/21 at 11:38 pm

I predict major violence will break out because people cant take it anymore...... :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/21 at 11:32 am

I predict that people will continue to Zoom.
More than an assumption than a prediction?

Written By: Howard on 01/04/21 at 3:21 pm

I predict major violence will break out because people cant take it anymore...... :(

I pretty much think so.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/21 at 3:22 pm

More than an assumption than a prediction?

Yes it's an assumption.

Written By: nally on 01/04/21 at 5:01 pm

I pretty much think so.

I hope this ends up wrong.

President Joe (as soon as he officially becomes President in 16 days) will implement his plan to fight the covid, and it may take a while to fully kick in. (Still, some people will probably hope for a quick fix. But that's not the way things work.)

Written By: Sman12 on 01/04/21 at 10:53 pm

Possible civil unrest on January 6th, 2021 in Washington, DC when Congress certifies the election results for Joe Biden. I hope I'm wrong, though.  :(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/05/21 at 12:27 am

Possible civil unrest on January 6th, 2021 in Washington, DC when Congress certifies the election results for Joe Biden. I hope I'm wrong, though.  :(

I'm a little concerned about this myself. Trump pardoned Roger Stone, and if anyone is capable of concocting a scheme to reverse the election in Trump's favor on Wednesday it's him.

It's extremely unlikely they'll be able to actually pull this off but to be honest, I won't rest easy until Trump physically vacates the White House, even if he has to be dragged out kicking and screaming by Secret Service agents (which, to be honest, I'm kind of expecting).

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/21 at 2:46 am

I predict there will be a divorce in the Royal Family, and it will not be the most obvious couple.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:47 am

That's tomorrow.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:48 am

I predict there will be a divorce in the Royal Family, and it will not be the most obvious couple.

I wonder who it will be?

Written By: 2001 on 01/05/21 at 8:17 am

I'm a little concerned about this myself. Trump pardoned Roger Stone, and if anyone is capable of concocting a scheme to reverse the election in Trump's favor on Wednesday it's him.

It's extremely unlikely they'll be able to actually pull this off but to be honest, I won't rest easy until Trump physically vacates the White House, even if he has to be dragged out kicking and screaming by Secret Service agents (which, to be honest, I'm kind of expecting).

Now that would be an interesting start to the year!

Written By: nally on 01/05/21 at 10:28 am

...but to be honest, I won't rest easy until Trump physically vacates the White House, even if he has to be dragged out kicking and screaming by Secret Service agents (which, to be honest, I'm kind of expecting).

Now that would be an interesting start to the year!

Yeah! :D

Then he should get taken to the slammer.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/05/21 at 11:12 am

Several possibilities,  in New York for various fraud and tax evasion scams, and now in Georgia for various election violation (his hour long phone call).  Couldn't happen to a more deserving SOB

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/07/21 at 8:21 am

Unfortunately you weren't wrong. The only difference it wasn't when Congress certified but before during the process.

I see the memes already.

https://i.postimg.cc/Yvh7Dbm6/FB-IMG-1610026573942.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/DWGTn06m/FB-IMG-1610026595025.jpg

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/07/21 at 1:32 pm

It definitely went down like that, and I'm afraid even when he's officially out of there it won't stop. 2021 I'm thinking will be another wild year.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/07/21 at 2:24 pm

It definitely went down like that, and I'm afraid even when he's officially out of there it won't stop. 2021 I'm thinking will be another wild year.  :-\\

You might be right.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/21 at 2:26 pm

https://i1.wp.com/www.dickpolman.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/trump-jail.jpg?fit=550%2C347&ssl=1

Written By: Howard on 01/09/21 at 2:03 pm

Trump will be sent to jail

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/17/21 at 2:04 pm

Doesn't look like the Tokyo Olympics are happening this year either.

Written By: 2001 on 01/18/21 at 5:07 pm

Doesn't look like the Tokyo Olympics are happening this year either.

Wait, where did you hear that? I think if they vaccinate most visitors and athletes they should be okay.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/05/21 at 8:18 am

I predict Tampa Bay will win the Superbowl, in its own city and giving Tom Brady his 7th ring.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/21 at 7:39 am

I think the world will slowly but surely come back to normal.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/06/21 at 7:55 am

I think the world will slowly but surely come back to normal.

I feel like it's not so much returning to normal, but rather people are getting adjusted to the new normal of wearing facemasks, social distancing restrictions, etc. Which is why 2021 seems calmer and "better" than 2020 so far. 2020 was like a culture shock, like moving to a new place or new school and the first year of adapting is the toughest.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/21 at 2:14 pm

I feel like it's not so much returning to normal, but rather people are getting adjusted to the new normal of wearing facemasks, social distancing restrictions, etc. Which is why 2021 seems calmer and "better" than 2020 so far. 2020 was like a culture shock, like moving to a new place or new school and the first year of adapting is the toughest.

How do you think 2022 will turn out?

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 11:00 am

I predict Tampa Bay will win the Superbowl, in its own city and giving Tom Brady his 7th ring.

Your prediction came true. O0 They won 31-9.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/15/21 at 3:17 pm

How do you think 2022 will turn out?

Hopefully better than 2020 or 21, but I'm not placing any bets on it. Pop culturally it might be good with all the movies I've been looking forward to finally being released like The Batman and Jurassic World 3.

Written By: Howard on 02/16/21 at 9:48 am

Hopefully better than 2020 or 21, but I'm not placing any bets on it. Pop culturally it might be good with all the movies I've been looking forward to finally being released like The Batman and Jurassic World 3.

Maybe first half of 21 will be bad but I think as the Spring and Summer rolls around things might get a bit better.

Written By: 2001 on 02/20/21 at 6:26 pm

Maybe first half of 21 will be bad but I think as the Spring and Summer rolls around things might get a bit better.

2021 is beating my expectations so far. Covid cases way down and vaccine rollout underway. Hopefully things will continue to get better!

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/26/21 at 7:10 am

2021 is beating my expectations so far. Covid cases way down and vaccine rollout underway. Hopefully things will continue to get better!

After 2020 I kept my expectations low going into 2021, unlike going into 2020 with high expectations and then getting disappointed. The year started off on a negative tone with COVID at its peak and January 6 in DC, but it has been uphill since then.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/21 at 8:25 am

After 2020 I kept my expectations low going into 2021, unlike going into 2020 with high expectations and then getting disappointed. The year started off on a negative tone with COVID at its peak and January 6 in DC, but it has been uphill since then.

Bat, How do you see the Spring of 2021? ???

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/27/21 at 8:13 am

Bat, How do you see the Spring of 2021? ???

Better than Spring of 2020 for sure. Don't see how it can be any worse than that.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/21 at 1:34 pm

Better than Spring of 2020 for sure. Don't see how it can be any worse than that.

But we still have to wear the masks?  ???

Written By: nally on 02/27/21 at 2:49 pm

As long as necessary, I'm sure.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/21 at 3:20 am

As long as necessary, I'm sure.
Even with an easing on lockdown, masks are still recommended.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/21 at 4:36 am

Some people may be tired of masks but think how they felt 100 years ago.
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/07/16/multimedia/00xp-virus-1918masks/00xp-virus-1918masks-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/21 at 10:56 am

Some people may be tired of masks but think how they felt 100 years ago.
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/07/16/multimedia/00xp-virus-1918masks/00xp-virus-1918masks-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg
I have been doing my best to watch documentaries on the 1918 Spanish Flu, and I feel I still need to learn more on this.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/14/21 at 11:38 am

Masks are still mandatory where I live.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/21 at 11:39 am

Masks are still mandatory where I live.
Mandatory in shops and enclosed places here, unless exempted.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/14/21 at 11:43 am

Same

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/21 at 12:31 pm

Same
Being outdoors, like in a park, is good, for the air disperses the harmful particles away.

Written By: nally on 04/14/21 at 6:19 pm

That's right, Fauci even agrees.

Being outdoors, like in a park, is good, for the air disperses the harmful particles away.

One time last month, I decided to go do that; I still brought along my facemask and social distanced from other people who might've been around.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/21 at 5:27 am

Where I work, it's required.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/18/21 at 12:06 pm

My personal hope is that masking up and social distancing becomes a trend during flu season after the pandemic.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/18/21 at 12:30 pm

My personal hope is that masking up and social distancing becomes a trend during flu season after the pandemic.

I agree about the masks. And not just in flu season, but all the time when crammed in crowded public spaces like crowded public transportation, specifically. Buses and trains. I have been saying this for the past 20 years, long before the pandemic. If masks had already been the norm like in Japan, they would not have inexplicably become the political issue they have become by those who think some mysterious  "freedoms" are being taken away. Because wearing masks would have already been the norm and it would have been their idea in the first place. It only makes sense. Nobody says their "freedoms" are being taken away when they put on a coat before stepping into freezing weather. You are free to not wear a coat in freezing weather, but it's a damn stupid thing to do.

Written By: Howard on 04/18/21 at 1:24 pm

I think I agree with that masking up could be a thing during the winter months.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/21 at 4:51 pm

I figured I would bump this thread up so you can see how well your predictions held up.

It is kind of early to make predictions for 2021 because there are still 6 months to go for this year and the way this year is going, who knows what is going to happen. But, anyway here are my predictions.

-Biden will be become president on January 20th. Yup
-The Dems will take back the Senate and keep the House. Yup
-The new Voting Rights bill will be signed into law and named after John Lewis. Not yet
-The Edmund Pettus Bridge will be renamed after John Lewis (if not before the end of this year). Not yet
-Universal health care will become law (finally). Not yet
-Biden will name 2 Supreme Justices (replacing Ginsberg & Thomas). No  :\'(
-Criminal charges will be filed against: Donald Trump (if he is still alive), Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Eric Trump, Bill Barr, and several more people in this administration. Not yet
-"Count Vlad" will lose support because the U.S. will FINALLY hold him accountable for his misdeeds in the past 4 years, and the way he has been dealing with the coranavirus, there will be a coup (that could be successful). No-or not yet.
-Netanyahu's plan to bury his indictment fails and he will be charged with corruption. Not yet.

That's what I have SO FAR. Who know, I may have more in the next 6 months. It depends on what my E.S.P. tells me.

Cat

Well, I had 2 of them right. Maybe I was a bit too soon for the other stuff. It could still happen but not this year.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...