inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Game On: Russia to Deploy COVID Vaccine by August 10

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/20 at 5:46 pm

Hey if they can pull this off it will be great.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-29/russia-may-register-world-s-first-covid-19-vaccine-by-aug-10

Subject: Re: Game On: Russia to Deploy COVID Vaccine by August 10

Written By: Sman12 on 07/29/20 at 5:57 pm

I am very suspicious about that. The fact that Russia is already reporting on a vaccine release this early in the game concerns me. How effective is it? Will it provide enough immunity for people so that they can get antibodies to fight off the virus? I don't know, it all just seems so fishy to me.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/20 at 7:05 pm

I am very suspicious about that. The fact that Russia is already reporting on a vaccine release this early in the game concerns me. How effective is it? Will it provide enough immunity for people so that they can get antibodies to fight off the virus? I don't know, it all just seems so fishy to me.

Well the Russkies put the first man into space. So anything’s possible.

Written By: shadowcookie on 07/29/20 at 7:52 pm

Russia is practically a failed state so I don’t trust anything they come out with.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/29/20 at 9:54 pm

They can say that knowing we have the most need for it. Should we really trust to inject something into our bodies developed by a place we have tensions with?

Written By: 1997days on 07/30/20 at 12:15 am

They can say that knowing we have the most need for it. Should we really trust to inject something into our bodies developed by a place we have tensions with?
I agree because not to sound crazy but why in the heck would you get a injection vaccine from a place like russia. This souds extremely fishy and we have tensions with russia something is not mixing right with all this.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/30/20 at 12:54 am

Same, but not because it's Russia. Every country in the world is working on a vaccine I believe. It just makes me suspicious because you need to do testing and trials to ensure it's safe and that usually takes years.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/20 at 1:27 am

I do not trust this news, for recently the Russians have been accused of trying to hack into the computers of the laboratories where the vaccine was being prepared.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/20 at 5:15 am

I do not trust this news, for recently the Russians have been accused of trying to hack into the computers of the laboratories where the vaccine was being prepared.

Well even if they “stole” the technology, if they manage to deploy a life saving vaccine successfully before the others, I’d call “no foul”.  8)

Despite negative press over the years on the Russkies, they are certainly resilient buggers. Hitler killed more 20,000,000 of them and they simply kept on coming to vanquish the Reich on the Eastern Front.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/30/20 at 9:42 am

In the same vain, the GRU, the folks who hacked Hillary, are apparently spreading misinformation about COVID on social media.  I don't trust the ruskies as far s I can throw them

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/30/20 at 2:53 pm

I'll trust a vaccine from Russia about as much as I'll trust a mysterious packet of seeds that have been mailed to me from China.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/31/20 at 12:13 am

I have a bad feeling about this

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/31/20 at 9:18 am

I'll trust a vaccine from Russia about as much as I'll trust a mysterious packet of seeds that have been mailed to me from China.

Magic beans?

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/31/20 at 9:22 am

I'm not trusting Russia lol

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/01/20 at 1:52 am

Magic beans?

More like Audrey II.  :o :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyG5F98iZE&t=120s

Written By: Sman12 on 08/01/20 at 7:35 pm

That story about the seeds was also pretty wild. Apparently these were extra, unsolicited items from sellers who posted false customer reviews to increase their sales of other items.

And now here comes the news of the Russia vaccine being released early, despite a lack of evidence of the Gamaleya vaccine being safe to administer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/20 at 10:17 am

Magic beans?
Is there a secret to these magic beans?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/20 at 3:03 pm

Any proper news from Russia on this new vaccine?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/20 at 2:02 am

Magic beans?

Magic beans are not proper news
But can be added to a cake
Saying eating it cures all
Then you know the news fake

Check for new replies or respond here...