inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whats the name of this era ?

Written By: CarCar on 08/07/20 at 11:47 pm

What would you name the era were in now ?

Subject: Re: Whats the name of this era ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/20 at 1:50 am

The COVID-19 Pandemic Era.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/08/20 at 2:41 am

The perfect sh!t storm.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/20 at 3:22 am

The stay indoors era.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/08/20 at 6:57 am

I've calling it the Coronavirus Time. Some refer to it as the Coronavirus Season as if it's like the flu or hurricanes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/20 at 7:03 am

I've calling it the Coronavirus Time. Some refer to it as the Coronavirus Season as if it's like the flu or hurricanes.
Coronaviruses are a group of related RNA viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, these viruses cause respiratory tract infections that can range from mild to lethal. Mild illnesses include some cases of the common cold (which is also caused by other viruses, predominantly rhinoviruses),.

Like SARS, MERS, COVID-19. Is a variety Coronavirus disease, but ate more lethal.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/20 at 7:04 am

Put Your Mask On Era

Written By: Sman12 on 08/08/20 at 7:26 am

The early 2020s will probably be regarded as the Quarantine Era to me.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/08/20 at 7:32 am

Often eras don't have names until they are over. The Vietnam era, for example, wasn't a term until the war was over.  During the depression people may have said "we are in a depression", but it wasn't called THE depression until later. And often eras are defined by what came just before, even if the era that came just before wasn't called that. "The post World War II" era. We will most certainly have a "post-pandemic" era.

Written By: Howard on 08/08/20 at 7:42 am

What would you name the era were in now ?

The Pandemic Era

Written By: Dundee on 08/09/20 at 2:26 pm

The crapshoot era

Written By: violet_shy on 08/09/20 at 2:32 pm

Doom and gloom era

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/10/20 at 9:16 pm

I haven't called it anything yet, but I like the sound of

Trumpsters' Last Stand

Subject: Whats the name of this era ?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/10/20 at 9:19 pm

The Crappy era

Written By: CarCar on 08/11/20 at 2:29 am

I guess people here Really hate the present regardless of what’s going on lmao ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/11/20 at 7:41 am

I guess people here Really hate the present regardless of what’s going on lmao ;D

Well, so far it's been a crappy year what do you expect?  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/20 at 4:34 am

Well, so far it's been a crappy year what do you expect?  ::)
Well, so far it's been a crappy year what do you expect era.

Written By: Howard on 09/25/20 at 7:51 am

Well, so far it's been a crappy year what do you expect era.

Very True.  ;D

Written By: Sman12 on 09/25/20 at 8:46 am

Here's another name: The Trying to Survive Era.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/26/20 at 12:34 am

The Sssssmokin' 20s

You know, because everyone has to wear a mask.

https://images.news18.com/ibnlive/uploads/2020/04/1587197410_evy6liaxyaa4b7j.jpg

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/26/20 at 7:44 am

What if the entire 2020's decade turns out to be the same as the year 2020, or worse?

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:43 pm

What if the entire 2020's decade turns out to be the same as the year 2020, or worse?

It might be but you never know.

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/26/20 at 3:48 pm

The name likely would be inappropriate for this forum....

Written By: Sman12 on 09/26/20 at 8:03 pm

The Sssssmokin' 20s

You know, because everyone has to wear a mask.

https://images.news18.com/ibnlive/uploads/2020/04/1587197410_evy6liaxyaa4b7j.jpg

Lol, good one.  ;D

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole decade turns out to be grim and dystopian. You have China being a global superpower, the US on the verge of a civil war (which seems farfetched, but it's possible with political centrism dying out), and a pandemic with unprecedented repercussions. I hope I'm wrong, but we're really starting off awful.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/26/20 at 8:16 pm

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole decade turns out to be grim and dystopian. You have China being a global superpower, the US on the verge of a civil war (which seems farfetched, but it's possible with political centrism dying out), and a pandemic with unprecedented repercussions. I hope I'm wrong, but we're really starting off awful.

A lot of what you say is true. Yet we've STILL got a handful of people here who insist we are not in 2020s culture but in a "transition". They love that word. It's like they just learned it in high school and are determined to apply it to anything and everything. It's often true, but this particular time things just skipped right over any sort of "transition". But not according to them. Because the pop songs don't sound different enough. Can you imagine such a narrow view? It's like everybody is in high school or something. And besides, pop songs or rap songs and what they sound like is not relevant. We are not in an era when music drives the culture. The 60s and 70's, now THAT was an era when music drove the culture.

Written By: Elor on 09/27/20 at 1:17 am

(which seems farfetched, but it's possible with political centrism dying out)

Yes, that's why I think you need more parties than just two. How are two political positions supposed to reflect the political will of hundreds of millions of people in a country that has a strong focus on individuality?

Back on topic I would say that so far with the climate change, Covid and the political situation that's currently going on this seems to be the dead end era.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/20 at 4:04 am

Lol, good one.  ;D

I feel like I've woken up and started living in this silly Sci-Fi film for the past 6 months.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/27/20 at 9:01 am

“Trump’s first term”

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/27/20 at 9:13 am

Yes, that's why I think you need more parties than just two. How are two political positions supposed to reflect the political will of hundreds of millions of people in a country that has a strong focus on individuality?

A strong focus on individuality unfortunately seems to be a thing of the past in this country. In the current climate (and this has been fermenting for quite some time) one is expected to lockstep into the groupthink and not deviate ONE INCH. This indoctrination starts in schools and continues on. What once might have been taught as opinion but is now taught as strict fact, and one is penalized for expressing any differning opinion. One is accused of "microagressions" and worse, until it escalates to one being cancelled and unpersoned. I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime and I'm not young.

Written By: Elor on 09/27/20 at 10:11 am

A strong focus on individuality unfortunately seems to be a thing of the past in this country. In the current climate (and this has been fermenting for quite some time) one is expected to lockstep into the groupthink and not deviate ONE INCH. This indoctrination starts in schools and continues on. What once might have been taught as opinion but is now taught as strict fact, and one is penalized for expressing any differning opinion. One is accused of "microagressions" and worse, until it escalates to one being cancelled and unpersoned. I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime and I'm not young.
Yeah, those crazy SJWs are certainly a big contributor to the Trump fan base. I wonder whether they actually realize that...
Extremism is always bad and something in the middle is needed.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/27/20 at 1:00 pm

It's simply The Trump Era. His presidency overshadows all these events one way or another.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/27/20 at 1:04 pm

It's simply The Trump Era. His presidency overshadows all these events one way or another.

THIS.

It can be described thusly with neither good nor bad connotations. It simply IS.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/20 at 10:03 am

...Second Wave Era?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/23/20 at 2:59 am

The Donald Trump says something dumb era  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/23/20 at 7:13 am

The Donald Trump says something dumb era  ;D

The Stupid Era.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/20 at 7:17 am

The Dire Era.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/23/20 at 1:26 pm

Pandemic Era?
End of the World Era?
The Sh*tty 20's?

Written By: violet_shy on 10/23/20 at 5:53 pm

Doom and gloom era
The depressing 20s

Written By: Slim95 on 10/23/20 at 6:02 pm

Perhaps the opposite of the last '20s? So instead of "Roaring '20s" it will be called the "Terrible '20s".

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/23/20 at 6:40 pm

Perhaps the opposite of the last '20s? So instead of "Roaring '20s" it will be called the "Terrible '20s".

Roaring could be good or bad depending on which side of the roar you are on. A century ago we were the lion. This year we are the antelope.

Check for new replies or respond here...