inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Russian Releases COVID Vaccine - Putin’s Daughter Takes It

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/20 at 5:47 am

The Russkies have won the vaccine race and have officially released their vital COVID vaccine.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/russia-registers-coronavirus-vaccine-putin-says-daughter-already-inoculated/

One of Vladimir Putin’s daughters is an administree of this vaccine.  8)

Putin emphasized during a government meeting that the vaccine, which developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute, has undergone proper testing and was proven safe to use.

Subject: Re: Russian Releases COVID Vaccine - Putin’s Daughter Takes It

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/11/20 at 9:06 am

The Russkies have won the vaccine race and have officially released their vital COVID vaccine.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/russia-registers-coronavirus-vaccine-putin-says-daughter-already-inoculated/

Putin emphasized during a government meeting that the vaccine, which developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute, has undergone proper testing and was proven safe to use.

Not in MY body

Written By: Elor on 08/11/20 at 10:36 am

Remains to be seen.

Nobody knows what she really took. Could be anything from all we know.

So has my snake oil. Want some?

Written By: Sman12 on 08/11/20 at 10:51 am

Yeah, I still find the Gamaleya vaccine effectiveness to be BS. So Putin's daughter got it, big deal.  I'm still skeptical about it since it was released so quickly (in comparison to other vaccines still being tested in clinical trials).

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/11/20 at 10:51 am

I'm not trusting that "vaccine". No, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. There's just no way they already developed a vaccine by now. It takes way longer to develop one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/20 at 11:18 am

Not until I get the phone call from my doctor!

Written By: Wink-182 on 08/11/20 at 4:51 pm

This should be interesting watch, the vaccine race is the new space race of this year/next year.

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/11/20 at 9:32 pm

I don’t think there will ever be a vaccine. I think there will be one or more meds that will keep you going until your body fights it off.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/20 at 2:08 am

It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of Russian rockets.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/20 at 2:24 am

This should be interesting watch, the vaccine race is the new space race of this year/next year.

It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of Russian rockets.  8)
Hence, naming the vaccine 'Sputnik'.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/12/20 at 4:46 am

But has Putin himself taken it???  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/20 at 7:17 pm

Well so here is my angle. My uncle died in 1946 from tuberculosis at the age of 50.

My Dad did everything he could do to get his hands on streptomycin, which at the time was heralded as a likely cure for TB. But the government expressly forbid that from happening because that would be “too dangerous’.

They were so concerned that the medicine was dangerous, that their inaction resulted in my uncle not getting what ultimately proved to be the cure to an otherwise-fatal disease.

So I’m rooting for the Russkies on this one. поздравляю россию !

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/20 at 2:47 pm

Not until I get the phone call from my doctor!
I am still waiting.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 08/27/20 at 6:56 pm

Whelp, haven't heard a single news report about this  ::) It could be unharmful but doesn't work.

Moderna and AstraZeneca are the two leading companies as of rn  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/20 at 8:23 am

Whelp, haven't heard a single news report about this  ::) It could be unharmful but doesn't work.

Moderna and AstraZeneca are the two leading companies as of rn  :P
Yes, we are still waiting?

Written By: Slim95 on 08/30/20 at 9:24 pm

I don’t think there will ever be a vaccine. I think there will be one or more meds that will keep you going until your body fights it off.

That would be the best-case scenario. That way people can build an immunity to it and we can stop this social distancing nonsense. Plus they don't have to rush a potentially harmful vaccine that has undergone minimal testing and takes years to develop.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/30/20 at 11:56 pm

I knew Putin was a bad president but I didn't know he was a bad father also.  :-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/31/20 at 4:57 am

Yes, we are still waiting?

This is a “no news is good news” sort of thing.

Subject: Venezuela asks for volunteers to test Russian vaccine

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/20 at 8:34 am

Venezuela's President Nicolás Maduro has announced he will be asking for volunteers to test the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Russia. Russia was the first country to officially register a vaccine against the coronavirus on 11 August, but immunologists have raised concerns about the speed with which it has been developed and whether it has undergone the necessary testing. The Venezuelan government, which has received billions of dollars in loans from Russia to prop up its troubled economy, said it would be willing to take part in clinical trials. "In the coming days, we'll be asking for volunteers to get vaccinated," President Maduro announced on Sunday, while also saying that a nationwide lockdown would resume on Monday to curb the spread of the virus. Venezuela has fewer than 50,000 registered cases of coronavirus and 381 deaths, a much lower toll than other countries in the region. But health experts say the true figure could be much higher as many Venezuelans don't get tested for fear of being stigmatised after the government blamed returning migrants for the spread of Covid-19.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 10:13 am

Any news on the Russian vaccine? It has all gone quiet over there?

Written By: 2001 on 11/09/20 at 10:28 am

Any news on the Russian vaccine? It has all gone quiet over there?

Not even Russians trust it lol.

Subject: How is the vaccine now, when Russia passes two million Covid cases?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 9:19 am

How is the vaccine now, when Russia passes two million Covid cases?

Russia has now recorded more than two million Covid-19 infections, giving it the fifth largest caseload in the world.

On Thursday a further 463 deaths were confirmed by the Russian health ministry.

The country has strict rules about wearing masks and gloves and some regions have introduced measures to control the spread of the virus, but there has not yet been a second lockdown this winter.

Moscow remains the worst affected area, and secondary schools have been closed as well as bars, restaurants and nightclubs overnight.

Subject: Sputnik V vaccine 92% effective in preventing infection in Phase III trials

Written By: 2001 on 02/02/21 at 8:26 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55900622

Russia's Sputnik V vaccine has 92% efficacy in trial

Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine gives around 92% protection against Covid-19, late stage trial results published in The Lancet reveal.

It has also been deemed to be safe - and offer complete protection against hospitalisation and death.

The vaccine was initially met with some controversy after being rolled out before the final trial data had been released.

But scientists said its benefit has now been demonstrated.

It joins the ranks of proven vaccines alongside Pfizer, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Moderna and Janssen.

It can be stored at temperatures of between 2 and 8C degrees (a standard fridge is roughly 3-5C degrees) making it easier to transport and store.

But unlike other similar vaccines, the Sputnik jab uses two slightly different versions of the vaccine for the first and second dose - given 21 days apart.

The idea is that using two different formulas boosts the immune system even more than using the same version twice - and may give longer-lasting protection.

As well as proving effective, it was also safe with no serious reactions linked to the vaccine during the trial.

Some side effects to a vaccine are expected but these are usually mild, including a sore arm, tiredness and a bit of a temperature.

And there were no deaths or serious illness in the vaccinated group linked to the jab.

Written By: Elor on 02/02/21 at 9:30 am

Good. If it's effectiveness and safety are finally proven I'm all for it.

Written By: 2001 on 02/02/21 at 4:23 pm

Good. If it's effectiveness and safety are finally proven I'm all for it.

I think they shot themselves in the foot by releasing it early. A lot of people will be hesitant to take it. It's good nonetheless that we have a new vaccine to add to the pile.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...