inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: COVID Testing Poll

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/21/20 at 2:30 pm

I’m starting this poll so we can see how many InThe00s-ers have been tested for coronavirus.

I took the test today. Now I have to hole up at home for a few days until I get the results.

Subject: Re: COVID Testing Poll

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/21/20 at 2:51 pm

I got tested about a month ago because I thought I might have had symptoms (loss of taste and smell). I went to a drive thru testing area we have set up in town. It took about 4 days to get the results back but they came back negative.

The last thing I want to do is discourage anyone from getting tested should they feel the need, but the procedure is a bit uncomfortable. I knew it involved a nasal swab but what I didn't know was how far they go up your nose. The tester stuck the swab in my nostril but she kept going up further and further and I was like, "Uh...wait..." and she kept saying "Not yet..."

It wasn't really painful or anything but it was rather unsettling having something shoved so far up my nose.

Written By: karen on 08/21/20 at 2:56 pm

I am going tomorrow morning as I have to have a negative test before having surgery on Tuesday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/20 at 3:22 pm

Haven't been tested-yet. I don't see us getting tested anytime in the near future but you never know.

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/21/20 at 6:13 pm

I am going tomorrow morning as I have to have a negative test before having surgery on Tuesday.

Same here I will have to have a negative test result the 2nd week of September if I decide to have surgery.

Written By: nally on 08/21/20 at 6:17 pm

I have not taken a test for it yet, but both my parents have. They both tested negative, thankfully.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/20 at 3:55 am

I haven't gotten tested yet.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/22/20 at 5:24 am

I got tested last week after I felt ill for a couple days. I didn't have a fever or any of the recognized COVID-19 symptoms, but for the sake of my family I wanted to do the responsible thing. Thankfully I was negative.

Written By: karen on 08/22/20 at 9:27 am

In the U.K. they first swab the back of your throat and then both nostrils. As Al-B says they really put the swab a long way up your nostrils. One of mine is still irritated, and I had the test 5 hours ago.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/22/20 at 10:00 am

As Cat said, we haven't been tested yet.  No symptoms for either of us, and since we are retired it is easy for us to isolate/social distance.  Also, Vermont is doing very well, few cases, less than 60 deaths (knock on wood)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/20 at 8:35 am

No - I have not been tested.

If I do get to be any worse I will.

Back in March, when I felt feverish and a strange cough, just before lockdown started, I contacted the NHS website, but was told, only take the test if I had been abroad or been with anyone that has been abroad. My fever did not last long and my cough was wet, if it was dry it would had been a concern.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/20 at 5:35 pm

I got my test results. NEGATIVE.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/20 at 5:15 am

O0

Splendid news!

Written By: Howard on 08/29/20 at 3:17 pm

wonderful news!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...