inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Facebook Status

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/29/20 at 10:26 am

With all the hubbub about fake news, fake accounts, political vitriol, internet burnout, etc, how many InThe00s-ers have decided to either cancel their Facebook account, or just don’t log on any more? ???

Subject: Re: Facebook Status

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/20 at 11:27 am

I am keeping my account, messenger is usual, never read the news, and if a friend requests to be a friend again, I ignore it for that will be a fake account trying to convince me.

Written By: karen on 08/29/20 at 1:31 pm

I still use it. I just scroll past some things.

Written By: nally on 08/29/20 at 1:34 pm

I've had my account for 11 years. I think it's a good way to keep in close contact with people I know. (I even have connections with a handful of users on this site, some of whom don't come here regularly lately.) I don't post much, however.

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/30/20 at 8:48 pm

I don’t use it. Never had a desire to.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/30/20 at 9:20 pm

I deleted all my social media again (except YouTube) and I feel much better without it. I don't need to promote anything anymore as of now and I can contact my friends and relatives via text or Viber.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/30/20 at 9:24 pm

Facebook is pretty much middle aged and older people. It will eventually age out. It's definitely not hip or cutting edge. It's tired and bloated. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/30/20 at 11:24 pm

I haven't quit Facebook altogether but I've dialed my usage of it way back over the last month or so because it was depressing the hell out of me. I started feeling like there was this invisible cloud of negative energy that was everywhere and I couldn't get away from it. But as soon as I backed away from Facebook it was like I just turned the cloud off and I started feeling a little better.

I'm beginning to think that social media is a form of pollution and it's having a toxic effect on our society and our mental health. I just wonder if we're ever either going to adapt to it or evolve past it.

Written By: duenas8 on 08/30/20 at 11:51 pm

I only use it to check birthdays

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/20 at 3:46 am

I only use it to check birthdays
That is true, you can never remember them.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/31/20 at 7:15 am

I haven't quit Facebook altogether but I've dialed my usage of it way back over the last month or so because it was depressing the hell out of me. I started feeling like there was this invisible cloud of negative energy that was everywhere and I couldn't get away from it. But as soon as I backed away from Facebook it was like I just turned the cloud off and I started feeling a little better.

I'm beginning to think that social media is a form of pollution and it's having a toxic effect on our society and our mental health. I just wonder if we're ever either going to adapt to it or evolve past it.

I'm planning on deleting my Facebook at the end of the year. I agree, it has become toxic. I've never been a fan of that site mainly due to privacy issues and the algorithms, and now political views are literally in your face. People get misinformed yet when you post the truth it gets censored just because people don't want to hear about it. I've always liked IG better.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/20 at 2:22 pm

I deleted all my social media again (except YouTube) and I feel much better without it. I don't need to promote anything anymore as of now and I can contact my friends and relatives via text or Viber.

You didn't delete here.  ;)  Yes, this site IS social media.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/03/20 at 5:50 pm

You didn't delete here.  ;)  Yes, this site IS social media.

Cat

It certainly is, and like Facebook and in real life, I feel like a social outcast.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/20 at 5:58 pm

It certainly is, and like Facebook and in real life, I feel like a social outcast.

You feel like a social outcast here? You are just as much a part of this little community as the rest of us are.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/03/20 at 6:01 pm

You feel like a social outcast here? You are just as much a part of this little community as the rest of us are.

Cat

Thank you! It's just my perception. Maybe the quarantine has impacted how I interact with others, especially on social media.

Check for new replies or respond here...