inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think the mid 20s culture will be more similar to the early 2020s or not?

Written By: 1997days on 09/01/20 at 7:38 am

I was thinking that the mid 2020s 2024-2026 could be very different even  :compared to today.The virus and also the economy could have alot to do with that but also the technology will probably be very differnt and even more advanced probably like never before.I also can see music being heavily focuse on the virus time and could sound more relatable for that,and there will also be another election in 2024.vehicles will probably start looking very diffferent by 2026 so yes i expect the mid 20s to be very different.

Subject: Re: Do you think the mid 20s culture will be more similar to the early 2020s or not?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/20 at 10:59 am

I was thinking that the mid 2020s 2024-2026 could be very different even  :compared to today.The virus and also the economy could have alot to do with that but also the technology will probably be very differnt and even more advanced probably like never before.I also can see music being heavily focuse on the virus time and could sound more relatable for that,and there will also be another election in 2024.vehicles will probably start looking very diffferent by 2026 so yes i expect the mid 20s to be very different.
How can you tell when the years have not been reached yet? Who knows what life will be like then?

Subject: Re: Do you think the mid 20s culture will be more similar to the early 2020s or not?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/01/20 at 11:43 am

How can you tell when the years have not been reached yet? Who knows what life will be like then?

We have many budding young futurists here. Speculations abound. Makes me think of the classic 1970 book "Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler. Many predictions in that book were startling accurate. There were three things he missed in the book though. The advent of the personal computer (and beyond), the demise of the Soviet Union and the rise of women in the workplace. On the other hand, the intrepid and great Arthur C. Clarke was predicting the internet as far back as the 50s.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/20 at 11:58 am

We have many budding young futurists here. Speculations abound. Makes me think of the classic 1970 book "Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler. Many predictions in that book were startling accurate. There were three things he missed in the book though. The advent of the personal computer (and beyond), the demise of the Soviet Union and the rise of women in the workplace. On the other hand, the intrepid and great Arthur C. Clarke was predicting the internet as far back as the 50s.
Arthur C. Clarke was advanced for his time and should now be more widely read. There is one book that should be read Arthur Herzog's "Heat", about an engineer, that gathers startling evidence that the world’s weather may be rapidly changing, as a prelude to a fundamental alteration in global climate. In a secret underground laboratory, he and a team of equally skilled scientists learn that the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, largely due to the overuse of energy, will ascend to the point where no living thing can survive.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/01/20 at 12:10 pm

I think the mid-2020's will definitely be culturally closer to the late 2020's than the early 2020's. I feel like this decade is gonna be very transitional.

Written By: mc98 on 09/01/20 at 12:29 pm

2021 hasn't even arrive yet. We don't know what 2021 has in store for us.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/01/20 at 1:26 pm

Hopefully The Batman, but even that's not guaranteed and could get delayed. Same with the Tokyo Olympics.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/20 at 2:02 pm

We will never know what life will be in the next 5-10 years.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/20 at 2:04 pm

I think in 2021 hopefully by this time next year restaurants will be open for indoor dining and I think we still might be wearing masks.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/01/20 at 2:07 pm

I think in 2021 hopefully by this time next year restaurants will be open for indoor dining and I think we still might be wearing masks.

Is that your prediction?

Written By: Howard on 09/01/20 at 2:34 pm

Is that your prediction?

I was just taking a guess.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/20 at 2:36 pm

Restaurants are open now in the UK.

Written By: fusefan on 09/01/20 at 11:29 pm

We will never know what life will be in the next 5-10 years.

I don’t know either. We just gotta wait and see.

Check for new replies or respond here...