inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What’s the worst age to be during this quarantine?

Written By: duenas8 on 09/22/20 at 8:52 pm

8-P

Subject: Re: What’s the worst age to be during this quarantine?

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/22/20 at 8:56 pm

I used to think the teens but they and a lot of their parents dgaf anymore. I'm going with the elders. So many of them weren't getting a lot of interpersonal time before the pandemic in the first place.

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/23/20 at 4:08 am

I say the oldest generation. They are the highest risk and therefore cut off from any tangible contact.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/20 at 4:14 am

I say the oldest generation. They are the highest risk and therefore cut off from any tangible contact.

I would also say the elderly too as well since they're vulnerable.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/23/20 at 6:27 am

I used to think the teens but they and a lot of their parents dgaf anymore. I'm going with the elders. So many of them weren't getting a lot of interpersonal time before the pandemic in the first place.

It was a tough one because and I was thinking the same thing with either children and teens who are dealing with a loss of normalcy, and parents who have small children and/or teens. Me and my wife were lucky because our daughter just graduated high school last year and she's already independent.

But after reading the points about the elderly, it makes sense that they have it the worst with the lack of interpersonal contact. Now many of them can't see their own children and grandchildren in person.

Written By: Katluver on 09/24/20 at 6:04 pm

I feel sorry for today's kids and teens.  What a way to spend your youth and childhood!

Written By: Slim95 on 09/24/20 at 11:49 pm

22 - 25. This is when you graduate post-secondary. This is when you are supposed to kickstart your career, but can't because of the pandemic. I am a victim of it myself. So many people graduated this year and not only missed out on the fun grad festivities, but are left looking for work and can't really do the normal things people do in their early to mid 20s.

Written By: Sman12 on 09/25/20 at 9:01 am

I'm gonna go with the elderly on this one with the reasons wagonman cited. But I also feel sad with us young people since our lives and career outlooks were impeded by the virus. I just hope things get back to normal in 2022.  :-\\

Written By: violet_shy on 09/25/20 at 9:48 am

Teen or elderly.  :(

Written By: wixness on 09/25/20 at 1:17 pm

Kids, teens and younger adults are still likely to survive the pandemic because it won't hit them the hardest. Older adults are more likely to be severely hurt or to die from the pandemic, and them having to self-isolate already worsens the loneliness epidemic of older adults.
It is quite hellish and ridiculous to try and force kids back to school though especially when teachers can still be susceptible to COVID-19.

22 - 25. This is when you graduate post-secondary. This is when you are supposed to kickstart your career, but can't because of the pandemic. I am a victim of it myself. So many people graduated this year and not only missed out on the fun grad festivities, but are left looking for work and can't really do the normal things people do in their early to mid 20s.

I can only be thankful for how it's bought me additional time but I do agree that it's made my plans of moving out a little more difficult.

Written By: Howard on 09/25/20 at 1:20 pm

I'm gonna go with the elderly on this one with the reasons wagonman cited. But I also feel sad with us young people since our lives and career outlooks were impeded by the virus. I just hope things get back to normal in 2022.  :-\\

I think the older you get, the more ailments you might have.

Written By: Dundee on 09/27/20 at 4:40 pm

By far the elderly. Not only must be it be very scary of a thought that this disease could basically be a death sentence, but if depression due to loneliness was already a huge before, it's only severly amped by the social distancing.

Kids maybe, by virtue that the masks and social distancing could potentially hurt their socializing skills when they're still in important learning stages, but it's only something you tell on the long run.

Those are things put on hold rather than indefinitely ruined. It sucks for now, but come on.
You had plenty of time to party before so that also is not a big deal at this point either.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/20 at 10:58 am

Any age is the worse age to be quarantine.

Check for new replies or respond here...