inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: President Trump and First Lady test positive for Covid-19

Written By: violet_shy on 10/02/20 at 1:54 am

Shocker!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html#referrer=https://www.google.com

Subject: Re: President Trump and First Lady test positive for Covid-19

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 3:15 am

How is Joe Biden, he was very close to him for a long time on Tuesday?

...and what is Trump's policy on wearing masks?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 3:22 am

Shocker!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html#referrer=https://www.google.com
The presidential debates are now cancelled?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/20 at 5:03 am

The presidential debates are now cancelled?

No need to cancel. They could do it on Zoom or Go2Meeting.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/20 at 5:11 am

DJT will beat down Covid-19 like he did CNN in this video.  8)

9jNjObeGkiA

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 5:15 am

No need to cancel. They could do it on Zoom or Go2Meeting.
I look forward to the Internet breakdowns during them.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/20 at 7:46 am

DJT will beat down Covid-19 like he did CNN in this video.  8)

9jNjObeGkiA

I always wondered going back to 2007 if Donald was the one who got his head shaved and Vince had kept his full head of hair.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 7:57 am

Donald Trump's Democratic rival for the White House, Joe Biden, has tweeted about the president's Covid-19 diagnosis. Mr Biden said he would "pray for the health and safety" of Mr Trump and his wife Melania.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 9:13 am

Shocker!

President Donald Trump is experiencing "mild symptoms" of Covid-19, the Associated Press and New York Times report, quoting an unnamed White House official. Earlier, the president's doctor said Trump and First Lady Melania, who has also tested positive, were both well and planned "to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence".

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/02/20 at 9:37 am

I wonder if this will change his tune about the pandemic.

Then again I almost wonder if this is fake news. Would be an ideal time to say he got it, then say that it’s nothing because he didn’t get sick. Right before the election.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

If it’s true then I wish them the best.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/02/20 at 9:43 am

Then again I almost wonder if this is fake news. Would be an ideal time to say he got it, then say that it’s nothing because he didn’t get sick. Right before the election.

Very perceptive of you.

Written By: Sman12 on 10/02/20 at 9:45 am

I wish them all a speedy recovery.  :(

Written By: karen on 10/02/20 at 9:48 am

I thought the same thing

Apparently someone called John Cammo tweeted in mid September that Trump would do this.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/02/20 at 9:59 am

I thought the same thing

Apparently someone called John Cammo tweeted in mid September that Trump would do this.

We live in a post-truth society.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 11:42 am

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has said both he and his wife have tested negative for coronavirus. A statement issued by the couple's doctor said they underwent testing on Friday morning. Biden and Trump, who has tested positive for the virus, took part in the first presidential debate of the campaign on Tuesday night.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/20 at 1:49 pm

Maybe he was faking it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/20 at 1:58 pm

Shocker!

Why is this a shocker? His rallies were packed with maskless people. He never wore a mask and he didn't practice social distancing with a lot of maskless people. The only shocking thing is that he didn't get it sooner.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 10/02/20 at 2:09 pm

Why is this a shocker? His rallies were packed with maskless people. He never wore a mask and he didn't practice social distancing with a lot of maskless people. The only shocking thing is that he didn't get it sooner.

Cat

He did wear a mask.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/20 at 2:33 pm

He did wear a mask.

Rarely.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/02/20 at 2:34 pm

He did wear a mask.

Not at first, and he has also ridiculed Biden for wearing one

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/02/20 at 2:49 pm

Maybe he was faking it.

I'm kind of wondering about that too. It sure would be a convenient excuse for him to skip out on the rest of the debates, especially considering what a dumpster fire the last one was.

Plus he can come back in two weeks, "fully recovered" from it, and then brag about how great his immune system is. I can just see the imagine the press conference. "I've got the biggest, strongest immune system EVER!"  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 4:31 pm

US President Donald Trump has been taken to hospital less than 24 hours after testing positive for coronavirus.

Mr Trump began exhibiting "mild symptoms" of Covid-19 on Thursday after disclosing that he and his wife had gone into quarantine late Wednesday.

He received a cocktail of drugs as a "precautionary measure", the White House said, and was feeling "fatigued but in good spirits".

He was transported to Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre.

Subject: Re: President* Trump and First Lady test positive for Covid-19

Written By: nally on 10/02/20 at 4:36 pm

I was WONDERING when this was finally going to occur.

When I found out about it last night, I thought to myself: Why am I not surprised? He hasn't been taking the mask-wearing/social-distancing seriously, and neither is anyone who supporst him, apparently.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/20 at 2:11 pm

This could be a super spreader. Not only do we have Hope Hicks and the Trumps, we also have:

-Ronna McDaniel
-Rev. John Jenkins
-Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah),
-Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.)
-Kellyanne Conway
-Bill Stepien
-Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.)
-Chris Christie

There are also a few reporters as well as some staff.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/03/20 at 3:08 pm

Cat

So, karma bit him in the ass!

Written By: nally on 10/03/20 at 4:35 pm

I agree.

He was flown to Walter Reed's Medical Center yesterday afternoon, and is still in there. Last report I saw on CNN said he was receiving oxygen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/20 at 4:38 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/20 at 5:21 am

He'll be back!

Written By: nally on 10/04/20 at 11:31 am

He'll be back!

So he says. ::) But from what I've understood about this virus, once you test positive for it, you have to be quarantined for at least several days?

Written By: Elor on 10/04/20 at 12:34 pm

So he says. ::) But from what I've understood about this virus, once you test positive for it, you have to be quarantined for at least several days?
I don't know about the US but here it's 14 days if you have been around someone with Corona. No idea how long one has to isolate after an actual infection. I find it funny that he is allegedly already on the way of recovery... Must be a funny Covid 19 variant that only lasts a few days in a guy that should by all standards be considered a high risk patient. :-X

Written By: Howard on 10/04/20 at 1:36 pm

He'll be back!

saying that his immune system is the greatest.  ::)

Written By: nally on 10/04/20 at 3:09 pm

I don't know about the US but here it's 14 days if you have been around someone with Corona. No idea how long one has to isolate after an actual infection.

I'm not exactly sure about how many days for here in the US either, but I do actually know a person who tested positive for it several months ago, and he was in quarantine for well over a week, maybe two (I don't remember for certain, but he was in there for quite a while; and this person is close in age to my parents).

I find it funny that he is allegedly already on the way of recovery... Must be a funny Covid 19 variant that only lasts a few days in a guy that should by all standards be considered a high risk patient. :-X

Yeah...and I have a hard time believing he is recovering. ::) If you ask me, he should have a negative test before he can be discharged.

How does HE know for sure? Does he have proof? lol. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/20 at 3:16 pm

In my limited medical knowledge, if "his immune system is the greatest", he would not have caught in the first place?

Written By: nally on 10/04/20 at 3:17 pm

In my limited medical knowledge, if "his immune system is the greatest", he would not have caught in the first place?

I was thinking that too. I also have limited medical knowledge.

Subject: Trump Covid: President criticised over drive-past

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/20 at 5:06 am

Medical experts are questioning Donald Trump's decision to greet supporters in a drive-past outside the hospital where he is being treated for Covid-19.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54415532

Subject: Re: Trump Covid: President criticised over drive-past

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/05/20 at 10:11 am

Medical experts are questioning Donald Trump's decision to greet supporters in a drive-past outside the hospital where he is being treated for Covid-19.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54415532

Since when does the opinion of medical experts (or  any other experts) matter?

Subject: Melania Trump ‘feeling good’

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/20 at 10:55 am

US First Lady Melania Trump, whose Covid-19 diagnosis was announced last Friday alongside President Trump's, has given an update on her condition via Twitter. In a tweet, Melania, 50, wrote that she was “feeling good” and “will continue to rest at home”. Unlike her husband President Trump, Melania has not required treatment in hospital for Covid-19, instead choosing to self-quarantine at the White House. The president, being 74, a man and someone categorised as obese, is in a higher-risk category for Covid-19. US media have reported that Melania does not plan to leave the White House until she has recovered from the disease.

Subject: Trump's press secretary tests positive

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/20 at 11:38 am

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany has become the latest Republican to test positive for the coronavirus.

In a Twitter post she wrote: "After testing negatively consistently, including every day since Thursday, I tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday morning while experiencing no symptoms."

She added that no members of the press are considered close contacts, according to the White House medical unit.

“Moreover, I definitely had no knowledge of Hope Hicks’ diagnosis prior to holding a White House press briefing on Thursday," she said referring to the Trump aide who was the first White House worker to test positive ahead of last week's outbreak.

“As an essential worker, I have worked diligently to provide needed information to the American People at this time.”

McEnany added that she will quarantine and will "continue to work on the behalf of the American people".

Written By: Howard on 10/05/20 at 1:50 pm

I'm not exactly sure about how many days for here in the US either, but I do actually know a person who tested positive for it several months ago, and he was in quarantine for well over a week, maybe two (I don't remember for certain, but he was in there for quite a while; and this person is close in age to my parents).

Yeah...and I have a hard time believing he is recovering. ::) If you ask me, he should have a negative test before he can be discharged.

He always says that everything is perfect or great.  ::)

Written By: nally on 10/05/20 at 4:49 pm

He always says that everything is perfect or great.  ::)

He just doesn't want to accept when things are not his way. That's just sad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/20 at 4:40 am

If Donald Trump says he is better after leaving hospital, should he be in isolation to make sure of a complete recovery?

Written By: Howard on 10/06/20 at 7:39 am

If Donald Trump says he is better after leaving hospital, should he be in isolation to make sure of a complete recovery?

I would think that's a good idea.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/06/20 at 9:46 am

Yes, but did you see his "grand entrance" to the white  house?  Ripped off his  mask and proceeded to infect the W.H. staff.  Nice guy

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/20 at 9:49 am

Yes, but did you see his "grand entrance" to the white  house?  Ripped off his  mask and proceeded to infect the W.H. staff.  Nice guy
`Oh dear...

I will not make a rush to a news channel to view that.

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/06/20 at 9:53 am

I saw it last night along with his statement that covid is no big deal. Just as I figured he would.

Written By: Elor on 10/06/20 at 10:07 am

I saw it last night along with his statement that covid is no big deal.

Of course it isn't! What are 200,000+ fatalities compared to his word after all. ::)

Written By: nally on 10/06/20 at 12:29 pm

I saw it last night along with his statement that covid is no big deal. Just as I figured he would.

Of course it isn't! What are 200,000+ fatalities compared to his word after all. ::)

It sure as heck is a big deal! People are strongly criticizing him for his word.

I would think that's a good idea.

He may say he is better, but he probably isn't totally better. You can't trust anything that guy says. ::) And I agree he should be in isolation.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/20 at 12:50 pm

My prediction is that he will be back in the hospital before the week is out.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/20 at 12:52 pm

Cat
Putting in context, when UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was in hospital for 22 days...

Written By: Howard on 10/06/20 at 2:01 pm

Yes, but did you see his "grand entrance" to the white  house?  Ripped off his mask and proceeded to infect the W.H. staff.  Nice guy

He is just so brainless.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/06/20 at 2:03 pm

Cat

How come you don't see him sneezing or looking frail and weak, what kind of medicine are they giving him?  ::)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 10/06/20 at 3:58 pm

If Trump follows the Herman Cain pattern, he'll most likely be dead by Halloween.

Cain was diagnosed July 2 and died July 30.

If Trump's on dexamethasone (which is only for the most severe cases, if it spreads to his lungs), his odds are already at 25%. Not to mention his age, weight and underlying health. Plus, the (literally) poor man can't even breathe.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/20 at 4:16 am

Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden has said the second televised debate should not take place if President Donald Trump is still infected. "I think if he still has Covid, we shouldn't have a debate," Biden said on Tuesday. "I think we're gonna have to follow very strict guidelines. Too many people have been infected and it's a very serious problem." The debate is scheduled for 15 October in Miami, Florida. Trump tested positive on Thursday 1 October, but it's not clear when he caught the virus or began to feel unwell. According to US public health guidelines, Trump should remain in isolation for up to 10 days after symptoms first appear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/20 at 7:06 am

Covid-19 is spreading further among those around US President Donald Trump, with White House adviser Stephen Miller and a top military official infected. Mr Miller, who has been self-isolating for the past five days, confirmed on Tuesday that he had tested positive. Several military leaders are also quarantining after Coast Guard official Admiral Charles Ray tested positive. Meanwhile, Democratic candidate Joe Biden has said Mr Trump should not debate him if he is still infected.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/2F39/production/_114798021_circ.png

Written By: Sman12 on 10/07/20 at 12:27 pm

Covid-19 is spreading further among those around US President Donald Trump, with White House adviser Stephen Miller and a top military official infected. Mr Miller, who has been self-isolating for the past five days, confirmed on Tuesday that he had tested positive. Several military leaders are also quarantining after Coast Guard official Admiral Charles Ray tested positive. Meanwhile, Democratic candidate Joe Biden has said Mr Trump should not debate him if he is still infected.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/2F39/production/_114798021_circ.png

The government's response to this is an absolute failure on so many levels.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/07/20 at 3:34 pm

If Trump follows the Herman Cain pattern, he'll most likely be dead by Halloween.

Cain was diagnosed July 2 and died July 30.

If Trump's on dexamethasone (which is only for the most severe cases, if it spreads to his lungs), his odds are already at 25%. Not to mention his age, weight and underlying health. Plus, the (literally) poor man can't even breathe.

Trump thinks he has this sort of superpower which makes him immune to diseases.  ::)

Written By: nally on 10/07/20 at 5:11 pm

The government's response to this is an absolute failure on so many levels.  :-\\

All the more reason the guy needs to be voted out.

Trump thinks he has this sort of superpower which makes him immune to diseases.  ::)

...which is highly doubtful, which I've said before and I'll say it again if I need to. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 3:24 am

Donald Trump has claimed his treatment with an experimental drug cocktail last week was a "cure" - rather than just a therapeutic. In video posted on Twitter, the US president said his infection "was a blessing from God" in disguise. Trump, who spent three days in hospital with Covid-19, said he was feeling great, and wanted all Americans to have free access to the treatments he was given, a combination of antibodies still undergoing clinical trials. He added that hundreds of thousands of doses were nearly ready. The president has been widely criticised for his handling of the pandemic, and critics say he has repeatedly downplayed the threat posed by the virus.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/20 at 7:48 am

Donald Trump has claimed his treatment with an experimental drug cocktail last week was a "cure" - rather than just a therapeutic. In video posted on Twitter, the US president said his infection "was a blessing from God" in disguise. Trump, who spent three days in hospital with Covid-19, said he was feeling great, and wanted all Americans to have free access to the treatments he was given, a combination of antibodies still undergoing clinical trials. He added that hundreds of thousands of doses were nearly ready. The president has been widely criticised for his handling of the pandemic, and critics say he has repeatedly downplayed the threat posed by the virus.

I kind of wonder how much rest(sleep) he gets?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 7:51 am

I kind of wonder how much rest(sleep) he gets?
Out of interest, the British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was reputed to had only slept 4 hours a night.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/20 at 8:22 am

Out of interest, the British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was reputed to had only slept 4 hours a night.

She should've gotten 8.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 8:41 am

She should've gotten 8.
She was a very busy lady.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/20 at 1:50 pm

She was a very busy lady.

Does she have time for a quick nap?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 1:55 pm

Does she have time for a quick nap?
It may say in her biography.

Written By: Howard on 10/09/20 at 7:49 am

It may say in her biography.

Does Trump ever get sleep and how does he look awake on most times?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/20 at 4:23 pm

"This whatever they want to call it. You call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You know, you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is, but the children do very well." - Donald Trump

Written By: Elor on 10/10/20 at 12:12 am

"This whatever they want to call it. You call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You know, you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is, but the children do very well." - Donald Trump
Please tell me that's not a recent quote. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/20 at 1:01 am

Please tell me that's not a recent quote. ::)
March 27th 2020

Trump on Coronavirus: "I'm Not Sure Anybody Even Knows What It Is"; "You Can Call It A Germ, You Can Call It A Flu"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/27/trump_on_coronavirus_im_not_sure_anybody_even_knows_what_it_is_you_can_call_it_a_germ_you_can_call_it_a_flu.html

Written By: Elor on 10/10/20 at 2:52 am

March 27th 2020

Trump on Coronavirus: "I'm Not Sure Anybody Even Knows What It Is"; "You Can Call It A Germ, You Can Call It A Flu"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/27/trump_on_coronavirus_im_not_sure_anybody_even_knows_what_it_is_you_can_call_it_a_germ_you_can_call_it_a_flu.html
At least it's from the early days of the pandemic. Still a stupid thing to say.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/20 at 4:08 am

I call him stupid!  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/20 at 8:12 am

At least it's from the early days of the pandemic. Still a stupid thing to say.
Not to mention the detergent fiasco?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/10/20 at 2:18 pm

That was funny lol, I laughed so hard when I heard the news ;D

Goes to show that the more ignorant you are over major world problems, the more you get what you deserve.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/20 at 8:38 am

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2020/10/12/fb0a94e9-1b67-4585-b67a-c52c46d66675.jpg

Keep it one, and keep your distance!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/20 at 6:51 am

US President Donald Trump has made a defiant return to the campaign trail less than two weeks after testing positive for coronavirus. He told thousands of supporters in Florida he was feeling “so powerful” and offered to walk into the crowds and “kiss everyone”. He even threw masks into the audience, though neither he nor many of his supporters were wearing them.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/20 at 7:58 am

US President Donald Trump has made a defiant return to the campaign trail less than two weeks after testing positive for coronavirus. He told thousands of supporters in Florida he was feeling “so powerful” and offered to walk into the crowds and “kiss everyone”. He even threw masks into the audience, though neither he nor many of his supporters were wearing them.

He has no care for anyone saying that he wants to "kiss everyone in the audience"  ::)

Written By: nally on 10/13/20 at 3:46 pm

He has no care for anyone saying that he wants to "kiss everyone in the audience"  ::)

That's right, he doesn't care about anybody but himself.

And he supposedly announced he had a negative test yesterday. But that doesn't mean you're out of the woods yet!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/14/20 at 3:55 pm

It seems that Barron has now tested positive.

Cat

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/15/20 at 2:11 am

Cat

Lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/20 at 2:18 am

Cat
...and his father was saying that Covid-19 does not exist?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/15/20 at 2:21 am

...and his father was saying that Covid-19 does not exist?

Trump: "Does not exist"
Statistics: 221,842 deaths in America (As of October 15, 2020)
>:( >:( >:(

Written By: Howard on 10/15/20 at 7:48 am

Trump: "Does not exist"
Statistics: 221,842 deaths in America (As of October 15, 2020)
>:( >:( >:(

He's completely clueless. ::)

Written By: Elor on 10/15/20 at 9:43 am

He's completely clueless. ::)

I think it's actually worse. He knows exactly what's going on but rather plays the game his followers want to play than actually doing something about the pandemic.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/15/20 at 9:51 am

I think it's actually worse. He knows exactly what's going on but rather plays the game his followers want to play than actually doing something about the pandemic.
This goes to show how selfish he is and how he really needs to step down as president. He's clearly doing nothing but crap to the country, and if we calculate, as of October 15, 2020, the deaths are equivalent to over 74 9/11s...

This sounds a bit too strict and harsh but he could've at least prohibited state travel unless you have an important job like being a health care worker, Amazon shipper, mailer, he should've done that because Australia did it and it worked for them, why cant he do the same? Imagine how the cases wouldve been down to low numbers if he did that early in April...

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/15/20 at 9:52 am

He deserves to get Covid-19, so does his delusional son Barron.

Quick meme:
http://imgur.com/a/0aLuVN8

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/15/20 at 10:01 am

He deserves to get Covid-19, so does his delusional son Barron.

All politics aside, this statement is unfair and unkind. Say what you will about Trump. As president he is fair game for people's opinions (although wishing illness on anyone in any case is bad form). But his 14 year old son has nothing to do with anything. How do you know he is "delusional"? In fact, he may even have issues we know nothing about, but "delusional" is a rude way to put it. I am sorry that the quality of this country has devolved to mud-slinging like this.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/20 at 1:09 pm

All politics aside, this statement is unfair and unkind. Say what you will about Trump. As president he is fair game for people's opinions (although wishing illness on anyone in any case is bad form). But his 14 year old son has nothing to do with anything. How do you know he is "delusional"? In fact, he may even have issues we know nothing about, but "delusional" is a rude way to put it. I am sorry that the quality of this country has devolved to mud-slinging like this.  :(

Everyone knows I am not a Trump fan by any means but I agree with this. A 14 year old kid should be off limits. I feel sorry for the kid because of who his parents are.

Now, his half-brothers & half-sisters on the other hand...

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/15/20 at 2:10 pm

This goes to show how selfish he is and how he really needs to step down as president. He's clearly doing nothing but crap to the country, and if we calculate, as of October 15, 2020, the deaths are equivalent to over 74 9/11s...

This sounds a bit too strict and harsh but he could've at least prohibited state travel unless you have an important job like being a health care worker, Amazon shipper, mailer, he should've done that because Australia did it and it worked for them, why cant he do the same? Imagine how the cases wouldve been down to low numbers if he did that early in April...

I know, people want to get him out of office as soon as possible.

Written By: Elor on 10/16/20 at 3:23 am

I know, people want to get him out of office as soon as possible.
Is that so? I know another US forum where the majority wants to give him a second term...
He still has plenty of people behind him.

Written By: nally on 10/16/20 at 10:59 am

Is that so? I know another US forum where the majority wants to give him a second term...
He still has plenty of people behind him.

That's probably a conservative base.

I bet there are considerably more people overall who want him out than want him to stay.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/16/20 at 11:42 am

I bet there are considerably more people overall who want him out than want him to stay.

On what do you base this? I'd take the media with a grain of salt.

Written By: Elor on 10/16/20 at 11:56 am

German media quotes RealClearPolitics with a poll that sees 51.7% for Biden and 42.3% for Trump. While 42.3% is less than half it isn't exactly a tiny minority of the American people that still prefers Trump. :-X

Written By: nally on 10/16/20 at 3:16 pm

German media quotes RealClearPolitics with a poll that sees 51.7% for Biden and 42.3% for Trump. While 42.3% is less than half it isn't exactly a tiny minority of the American people that still prefers Trump. :-X

Minority, yes.

I wonder what Black Panther would have to say about that?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/20 at 3:33 pm

Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by over 3 million votes. I don't think he has picked up many votes in the last 4 years. In fact, he has lost votes. And then there is a new segment of voters-Republicans for Biden.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/17/20 at 10:24 am

All the polls show Biden winning the pop. vote bu a landslide, winning the swing states, and flipping some of the traditional red states as well, so I'd say that about 2/3 of Americans want Trump gone

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/17/20 at 10:42 am

All the polls show Biden winning the pop. vote bu a landslide, winning the swing states, and flipping some of the traditional red states as well, so I'd say that about 2/3 of Americans want Trump gone

Possible but that happened last time too. Most of the Trump supporters I know don’t bother with primaries and aren’t big on social media. That is if they have internet at all. We got a surprise in November when voters started coming out of the woodwork. Not enough to win the popular vote but enough to do the job when a lot of people didn’t think he had a chance.

Nothing will surprise me this election. If you want Biden then don’t go lax thinking he’s got it. Vote.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/17/20 at 12:36 pm

Possible but that happened last time too. Most of the Trump supporters I know don’t bother with primaries and aren’t big on social media. That is if they have internet at all. We got a surprise in November when voters started coming out of the woodwork. Not enough to win the popular vote but enough to do the job when a lot of people didn’t think he had a chance.

Nothing will surprise me this election. If you want Biden then don’t go lax thinking he’s got it. Vote.

Already did

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/20/20 at 2:42 pm

Recently, President Donald Trump's wife Melania has cancelled a rare joint appearance with him at a campaign rally due to a "lingering cough" following her recent Covid infection.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/20 at 3:17 pm

Recently, President Donald Trump's wife Melania has cancelled a rare joint appearance with him at a campaign rally due to a "lingering cough" following her recent Covid infection.

Just hope it's not too bad.

Written By: nally on 10/21/20 at 10:52 pm

Vote.

Already did

I have also done so.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/20 at 7:22 am

I have also done so.
Probably, a postal vote is the safest way?

Written By: 2001 on 11/04/20 at 11:40 am

If they find a problem with your ballot they can throw it away. I think it's best to vote in-person. Postal ballots are kind of suspect to me in general, I hope they don't become a thing here (except during pandemic or people with disabilities).

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/20 at 11:56 am

If they find a problem with your ballot they can throw it away. I think it's best to vote in-person. Postal ballots are kind of suspect to me in general, I hope they don't become a thing here (except during pandemic or people with disabilities).
In general, I do not fancy having to queue with many others.

Written By: 2001 on 11/04/20 at 12:41 pm

In general, I do not fancy having to queue with many others.

In a pandemic I agree. Normally though there's usually no queue when I go to vote.

If you mean queuing in general, I actually like long lines for midnight video game or tech launches. The atmosphere is exciting. It varies though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/20 at 12:52 pm

In a pandemic I agree. Normally though there's usually no queue when I go to vote.

If you mean queuing in general, I actually like long lines for midnight video game or tech launches. The atmosphere is exciting. It varies though.
I have never been a queueing person, and always in early way before the rush starts.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/20 at 2:41 pm

and or mail in ballot.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/20 at 2:55 pm

and or mail in ballot.
postal = mail ?

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/04/20 at 5:02 pm

I sent for my ballot then dropped it in the box at the township hall the night before the election. Enough of my mail has been misplaced over the years where I don’t trust it when it’s critical.

It was nice to go over the ballot taking my time, researching candidates and proposals on my own time. I realize I could download a sample ballot but it’s not the same.

Written By: nally on 11/04/20 at 6:03 pm

In a pandemic I agree.

I would, too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/20 at 3:16 am

I would, too.
The London Mayoral Election and other local elections were deferred to next year due to Covid-19.

Written By: nally on 11/05/20 at 10:20 am

The London Mayoral Election and other local elections were deferred to next year due to Covid-19.

Well this is different in the US. Due to Covid, most everyone was sent a ballot to their homes so they could mail it in/take it to a specialized dropbox. There are also various in-person locations, giving voters an option, but going to such a place requires waiting in line, but making the queue socially-distanced (and hence longer in terms of length)...and I have seen, on TV, some voters standing in a social-distanced queue to go and vote.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/20 at 11:08 am

Now, if DT had been wearing a face mask, this topic would not exist?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/09/20 at 11:39 am

Now, if DT had been wearing a face mask, this topic would not exist?

If the people AROUND him had been wearing face masks this topic would not exist. To repeat: masks don't really do anything to prevent you from GETTING the virus. They prevent you from SPREADING IT to others. That's why everybody's got to wear them. Then it evens out. OK? OK!

Written By: Howard on 11/09/20 at 1:31 pm

If the people AROUND him had been wearing face masks this topic would not exist. To repeat: masks don't really do anything to prevent you from GETTING the virus. They prevent you from SPREADING IT to others. That's why everybody's got to wear them. Then it evens out. OK? OK!

Exactly, I agree with that statement.

Check for new replies or respond here...