inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why Are People Saying Music Hasn't Changed in 2020?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/02/20 at 4:08 pm

I haven't seen this much change in the charts in a long time. Last year Bad Guy by Billie Elilish was popular, slow and dreary music was the thing.... This year you have songs like Dynamite, Binding Lights, and Savage Love, all currently charting in the top 10. You didn't even have pop music chart in the top 10 last year and when you did it was rare, it was all dominated by trap only. Now you have very upbeat and fast pop music charting in the top 10, more beats per minute than I have seen in the last 5 years.

Subject: Re: Why Are People Saying Music Hasn't Changed in 2020?

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/02/20 at 9:12 pm

Who is saying music hasn’t changed this year? I agree it has changed a lot and my opinion for the better.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/02/20 at 9:13 pm

Who is saying music hasn’t changed this year? I agree it has changed a lot and my opinion for the better.

I agree.

Written By: Elor on 10/03/20 at 5:29 am

Indeed. Never heard anyone say that and music definitely has picked up (at least in my subjective opinion).

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/03/20 at 7:58 am

Maybe because there is still some trap around and some of top artists like Dababy still have that Lo-Fi sound, but at the same time there is a lot of new dance pop. One thing this year has going for it is the music, and a major improvement over 2019.

Written By: karen on 10/04/20 at 8:15 am

Several people in this thread said more or less that

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61863.0

Written By: Sman12 on 10/07/20 at 8:13 am

As we're getting closer to 2021, I'm beginning to notice that pop music got more diverse than just trap now, so that's a good sign. You have bedroom pop songs, synthpop throwback songs, and many more.

I still think we're in a musical transition.

Check for new replies or respond here...