inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: UK State Pension age hits 66 and set to rise further

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/20 at 7:09 am

The age at which most people start to receive the state pension has now officially hit 66 after steady rises in the qualifying age in recent years. Men and women born between 6 October, 1954, and 5 April, 1960, will start receiving their pension on their 66th birthday. For those born after that, there will be a phased increase in state pension age to 67, and eventually 68. It comes as the chancellor vowed the "triple lock" pledge is safe.

Full report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54421662

Subject: Re: UK State Pension age hits 66 and set to rise further

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/06/20 at 7:36 pm

I don’t plan on retiring until I am 70.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/20 at 3:37 am

I don’t plan on retiring until I am 70.
I am semi-retired now, but now I have to wait another for full retirement.

Written By: Elor on 10/07/20 at 3:40 am

Over here the age for retirement is 67 but it is scheduled to rise in the future.

Written By: karen on 10/07/20 at 3:55 am

A few years ago when they first altered the pension age for women it was a topic for discussion at one Morris dancing practice. One of the women there just snuck under the cut off date and was able to retire as planned. As the youngest person there someone asked me what age I would be able to retire and get the state pension.  At the time I joked that I probably wasn’t going to be able to retire before I turned 70. It’s not looking so much of joke any more

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/20 at 3:58 am

I am semi-retired now, but now I have to wait another for full retirement.

A few years ago when they first altered the pension age for women it was a topic for discussion at one Morris dancing practice. One of the women there just snuck under the cut off date and was able to retire as planned. As the youngest person there someone asked me what age I would be able to retire and get the state pension.  At the time I joked that I probably wasn’t going to be able to retire before I turned 70. It’s not looking so much of joke any more
I am not making a fuss over the extra year for I have my free travel pass, but currently other world matters has stopped me using as often as I did before March this year.

Check for new replies or respond here...