inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CNN Reporter Exposes More than Just News Stories

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/20 at 6:51 pm

Seems that one of the CNN reporters was in a company Zoom conference call, and exposed more than the latest poll results.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/media/jeffrey-toobin-suspended/index.html

:o

Subject: Re: CNN Reporter Exposes More than Just News Stories

Written By: 2001 on 10/20/20 at 3:44 pm

Isn't suspending/firing him a bit much? It sounds like it was an honest mistake. But then again idk how he can hold his head up (no pun) at work after this.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/20 at 6:01 pm

Isn't suspending/firing him a bit much? It sounds like it was an honest mistake. But then again idk how he can hold his head up (no pun) at work after this.

With the cancel culture in full effect, this event will likely have no happy ending.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/20 at 6:30 pm

I must admit, it just made me laugh when I read about this.

I wouldn't have laughed if he did it intentionally which would have been VERY creepy. But an OOPS? How in the world can you basically say, "Oops, I didn't know I was masturbating during a Zoom meeting"? 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/scaachikoul/jeffrey-toobin-zoom-incident-new-yorker

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/21/20 at 4:03 am

I wouldn't have laughed if he did it intentionally which would have been VERY creepy. But an OOPS? How in the world can you basically say, "Oops, I didn't know I was masturbating during a Zoom meeting"? 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/scaachikoul/jeffrey-toobin-zoom-incident-new-yorker

Cat

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/21/20 at 5:29 am

Cat

About 30 years ago I was working in a manufacturing plant. One of the guys on midnight turn had a “crush” on one of the office girls over in the Maintenance Department. So naturally he thought it would be a nice gesture if he, uh, pleasured himself all over the little Energizer Bunny doll that was at her desk. :o  Sounds crazy but you can’t make this stuff up.

I forget how he was identified as the defiler of the Bunny, but he was immediately terminated.

His union rep stopped over to my office and said “this is probably the first time the boss can say he fired somebody for jerking off on the job, and really mean it!”  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/22/20 at 8:42 am

About 30 years ago I was working in a manufacturing plant. One of the guys on midnight turn had a “crush” on one of the office girls over in the Maintenance Department. So naturally he thought it would be a nice gesture if he, uh, pleasured himself all over the little Energizer Bunny doll that was at her desk. :o  Sounds crazy but you can’t make this stuff up.

I forget how he was identified as the defiler of the Bunny, but he was immediately terminated.

His union rep stopped over to my office and said “this is probably the first time the boss can say he fired somebody for jerking off on the job, and really mean it!”  ;D

Why would he want to do that? ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/20 at 4:12 pm

Why would he want to do that? ;D

A question that several of us all pondered years ago.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/23/20 at 7:15 am

A question that several of us all pondered years ago.  ;D

Hope he cleaned up that mess afterwards.

Check for new replies or respond here...