inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has Cultural Nostalgia and Decade Identity Shifted Permanently?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/20/20 at 2:02 am

In recent decades, everyone was into nostalgia of past decades in their respective 10 - 20 year range. Sure, today everyone is nostalgic for the early 2000s on social media or on this site, but it's not just not the same as it was before. Is it just me? There seemed to be more importance for decades before the year 2000 on mainstream media. Everyone was nostalgic for over two decades prior and pretty much had universal strong backlash over the immediate decade prior. We still have a little bit of that today but it is much weaker than it was in the 20th Century. I feel like this website is one on of the few to keep that trend going on. 1990s nostalgia in the 2010s was extremely weak, for example. We are in 2020 now and we are still fawning over the 1980s, a decade that was 30 years ago, proof of that is the mainstream pop music that is popular right now. It seems because we are in the 20th century and not the 19th century, only things before the year 2000 is worthy of mainstream nostalgia, more or less. Is it just me who sees this?

Subject: Re: Has Cultural Nostalgia and Decade Identity Shifted Permanently?

Written By: wixness on 10/20/20 at 2:17 am

In recent decades, everyone was into nostalgia of past decades in their respective 10 - 20 year range. Sure, today everyone is nostalgic for the early 2000s on social media or on this site, but it's not just not the same as it was before. Is it just me? There seemed to be more importance for decades before the year 2000 on mainstream media. Everyone was nostalgic for over two decades prior and pretty much had universal strong backlash over the immediate decade prior. We still have a little bit of that today but it is much weaker than it was in the 20th Century. I feel like this website is one on of the few to keep that trend going on. 1990s nostalgia in the 2010s was extremely weak, for example. We are in 2020 now and we are still fawning over the 1980s, a decade that was 30 years ago, proof of that is the mainstream pop music that is popular right now. It seems because we are in the 20th century and not the 19th century, only things before the year 2000 is worthy of mainstream nostalgia, more or less. Is it just me who sees this?
I honestly think that it's because the 2000s is incredibly lacking in a memorable and/or distinctive pop culture. With the 90s I think not enough of it was preserved online to be vibrant and many people would have been engaged with whatever else was online - prior to this I think the web didn't have such a pervasive influence.

And I think because things in the 20th and 21st century are considered worthy of nostalgia too, in part because of how the 2000s was seen to be trashy and didn't bring anything innovative socially (save for maybe same-sex marriage) and since then technologically to a lesser extent. The 20th century was considered more spectacular because human achievements may probably have been groundbreaking for the time when they were unthinkable prior. This does raise a question as to why innovation is barely taking place if this is the case within the 21st century, although we're only 20 years into the 21st century.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/20/20 at 7:24 am

I think right now a lot of the nostalgia is for the Mid-2000's and the Late 1980's, generally speaking. The Mid-00's itself was a period of Late 80's nostalgia so now we're doubling down on both periods. There's some nostalgia of other time periods as well (a little bit 90's and even 70's). It seems like nostalgia seems to go back around 15 years, plus or minus a few years. I personally have been nostalgic for particularly 2004 and 1988, as I've been listening to music and watching movies from those years, and wishing 2020 could have been more like that.

Written By: Jaydawg89 on 10/22/20 at 7:36 pm

My issue with 2000s nostalgia is that the 2000s still seem very recent and don't really seem too drastically different from the 2010s. Overall, the 2000s were already a very modern "21st century" decade, where everyone had internet, cellphones, computers etc...

The 2000s definitely did have a cultural identity though and I don't get people who say they didn't. As a matter of fact, I think 1994ish - 1998 had a real lack of cultural identity, even big band swing came back for a brief moment.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/23/20 at 2:54 am

My issue with 2000s nostalgia is that the 2000s still seem very recent and don't really seem too drastically different from the 2010s. Overall, the 2000s were already a very modern "21st century" decade, where everyone had internet, cellphones, computers etc...

The 2000s definitely did have a cultural identity though and I don't get people who say they didn't. As a matter of fact, I think 1994ish - 1998 had a real lack of cultural identity, even big band swing came back for a brief moment.

Yeah the 2000s had a cultural identity and it was found in the early to mid 2000s. For example for the music there is a "sound" that is distinctly 2000s for rock, rap, and R&B that sounds nothing like other decades. And for fashion there was really nothing that mimicked early 2000s fashion. Unfortunately the late 2000s kinda messed it up which is why there is some confusion in its identity. If there weren't as many technological and societal changes that occurred in the mid to late 2000s then you would clearly see a similar and consistent distinct identity throughout the entire decade I believe. Another thing that adds to the confusion for many people is the actual name of the decade and the fact that it is not part of the 20th century.

Written By: 2001 on 10/25/20 at 2:00 pm

Late 1990s/early 2000s throwbacks are big in fashion right now.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/25/20 at 2:52 pm

Late 1990s/early 2000s throwbacks are big in fashion right now.

You mean like low-rise jeans exposing the thong/g-string? I hear Dua Lipa is bringing that back. I think trucker hats might be back as well. Meanwhile I recently (last year) bought a rugby shirt from Old Navy.

Written By: 2001 on 10/25/20 at 3:04 pm

You mean like low-rise jeans exposing the thong/g-string? I hear Dua Lipa is bringing that back. I think trucker hats might be back as well. Meanwhile I recently (last year) bought a rugby shirt from Old Navy.

Pretty much everything is back. That baggy clothing, chain necklaces, curtain hair, graphic tees, tucked in shirt, crop tops, high rise jeans, low rise jeans etc.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/25/20 at 3:18 pm

Pretty much everything is back. That baggy clothing, chain necklaces, curtain hair, graphic tees, tucked in shirt, crop tops, high rise jeans, low rise jeans etc.

What you describe there could be practically any decade from the 60s onward. We had chain necklaces and tucked in shirts in the 60s and 70s.  MOST people tucked in their shirts in those days. We had crop tops but called them half shirts and mostly were worn by males. ("Crop top" sounds so vulgar). We had low rise jeans and called them hiphuggers. Man, did some people look good in those! We had high rise jeans and just called them geeky. Only David Bowie pulled that look off with any amount of aplomb, but he could have pulled anything off. And so-called "curtain hair" has been around since the beginning of forever. Some people's hair just falls that way. Just because a certain period codified it doesn't make it belong to that era. "Curtain hair" is much ado about nothing.

Written By: 2001 on 10/25/20 at 3:37 pm

What you describe there could be practically any decade from the 60s onward. We had chain necklaces and tucked in shirts in the 60s and 70s.  MOST people tucked in their shirts in those days. We had crop tops but called them half shirts and mostly were worn by males. ("Crop top" sounds so vulgar). We had low rise jeans and called them hiphuggers. Man, did some people look good in those! We had high rise jeans and just called them geeky. Only David Bowie pulled that look off with any amount of aplomb, but he could have pulled anything off. And so-called "curtain hair" has been around since the beginning of forever. Some people's hair just falls that way. Just because a certain period codified it doesn't make it belong to that era. "Curtain hair" is much ado about nothing.

A lot of it would be considered unfashionable circa 2010-2016 especially the very baggy clothing. In my middle school in the mid-2000s kids used to be made fun of for tucking their shirt in and wearing high rise jeans. Our school tried to enforce the dress code but everyone flouted it. But now this is considered fashionable.

Written By: wixness on 10/26/20 at 5:33 am

In my middle school in the mid-2000s kids used to be made fun of for tucking their shirt in and wearing high rise jeans.

I'm still in that mentality and when I find clothes, I prefer to not tuck in my shirt and prefer to wear jeans at the waist. I am not keen on the fashion of the 2000s though where one's jeans are too low and baggy.

Yeah the 2000s had a cultural identity and it was found in the early to mid 2000s. For example for the music there is a "sound" that is distinctly 2000s for rock, rap, and R&B that sounds nothing like other decades. And for fashion there was really nothing that mimicked early 2000s fashion. Unfortunately the late 2000s kinda messed it up which is why there is some confusion in its identity. If there weren't as many technological and societal changes that occurred in the mid to late 2000s then you would clearly see a similar and consistent distinct identity throughout the entire decade I believe. Another thing that adds to the confusion for many people is the actual name of the decade and the fact that it is not part of the 20th century.

I think the mid to late 2000s are just generally forgotten because it had its own rather grim and indistinct cultural identity for most people. I'm a bit annoyed still that no one acknowledges this part of the decade, since I was too young to remember anything before 2004 - heck, I didn't even know 9/11 took place until years later (I never went to the US before 2006 though and never watched the news too). I'm just not a fan of the anemic vibe of culture from the mid-2010s and I still feel like we haven't moved on from that enough. The 90s and early 2000s just happens to match with the sort of aesthetic of the anemic mid-2010s.

The cultural identity was not to many people's taste. It's at least remembered for ringtone rap, cliqueiness and the first decade ever when everyone's more permanently hooked on tech for communication and entertainment. The music seemed less anemic in sound to my taste but for some reason people don't really remember the sound of the 2000s, probably lumping it in with the trash of the 2010s.

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/26/20 at 6:33 am

I feel that because the 2000s are taking longer to form their nostalgia appreciation compared to previous decades, a lot less of the fads/products that came out then will be as fondly remembered as most 20th century decades were. The 1980s is still the most commonly played decade on most classic hits radio stations, and very little 2000s music is currently played, and there's about as much '70s and '90s music on there as well. Considering that the 2000s were the first "Digital" decade where you needed a computer or cellphone to access a lot of the fads (memes?), the audience for a flashback will be much more niche compared to say those who played 1980s arcade games, which not only could be played on original cabinets, but also ports of numerous consoles and even online. Unless if you're a true fashionista, you're not going to ever properly understand what makes the 2000s look what it is, outside of the biggest, most stereotypical items like Crocs and low-rise jeans. That said, there are plenty of cultural markers that identify almost any era, from of course big media (Movies, TV shows, novels, music, video games), to toys/other games, certain designer labels, car models, graphic design/aesthetics, and even ephemera like travel guides and retail catalogs that display which products were being sold at the time. You won't find as many CD players for instance in an electronics store flier in 2009 compared to 2000.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/26/20 at 8:01 am

I think the aesthetics and musical styles of 2020 are looking more like the Mid 2000's. If you look at Doja Cat and Dua Lipa's album art and music videos, there's a lot of hot pink and light blue.

Written By: 2001 on 10/26/20 at 8:05 am

I think the aesthetics and musical styles of 2020 are looking more like the Mid 2000's. If you look at Doja Cat and Dua Lipa's album art and music videos, there's a lot of hot pink and light blue.

Mean Girls keeps popping up in Gen Z memes. I can see the whole early/mid-2000s mall girl persona slowly creeping back in.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/26/20 at 10:06 am

I'm still in that mentality and when I find clothes, I prefer to not tuck in my shirt and prefer to wear jeans at the waist. I am not keen on the fashion of the 2000s though where one's jeans are too low and baggy.

Low and baggy is 8-P, but low and tight, now THOSE are hiphuggers. With a tucked in form fitting rib knit shirt and often a wide belt. THAT was the look of the 60s and early 70s. And man, did it make people of both sexes look great. Of course, one kind of had to have the body for it but generally people did. The obesity epidemic did not really take hold in the US until the 90s. Look at photos of the famed Woodstock festival of 1969. half a million people in various stages of undress and barely an ounce of fat to be seen. Or any silly baseball caps for that matter (it wasn't a thing yet, unless you were a baseball player or an eight year old boy). But look at photos of, say, a big country or even rock or pop music festival today (pre-pandemic) and you will see miles of fat and baseball caps. And no, I am not advocating body-shaming. I am pointing out a national trend.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/26/20 at 12:38 pm

With the new Borat movie reminds me of the time when people were quoting him, particularly saying "very nice!" with the accent.

Mean Girls keeps popping up in Gen Z memes. I can see the whole early/mid-2000s mall girl persona slowly creeping back in.

The other day Lindsay Lohan posted on her IG the reenactment of the phone call with her costars.

https://decider.com/2020/10/09/mean-girls-phone-call-scene-recreated/

Written By: Slim95 on 10/26/20 at 1:37 pm

for some reason people don't really remember the sound of the 2000s, probably lumping it in with the trash of the 2010s.

Machine Gun Kelly proved this year that there is a distinct sound of the 2000s that people remember. This sounds very mid 2000s specifically.

wSdT-SArM2Q

Written By: wixness on 10/26/20 at 1:59 pm

Low and baggy is 8-P , but low and tight, now THOSE are hiphuggers. With a tucked in form fitting rib knit shirt and often a wide belt. THAT was the look of the 60s and early 70s. And man, did it make people of both sexes look great. Of course, one kind of had to have the body for it but generally people did. The obesity epidemic did not really take hold in the US until the 90s. Look at photos of the famed Woodstock festival of 1969. half a million people in various stages of undress and barely an ounce of fat to be seen. Or any silly baseball caps for that matter (it wasn't a thing yet, unless you were a baseball player or an eight year old boy). But look at photos of, say, a big country or even rock or pop music festival today (pre-pandemic) and you will see miles of fat and baseball caps. And no, I am not advocating body-shaming. I am pointing out a national trend.
I'm not a fan of snapback hats, which can be considered an "evolution" of baseball caps. I've been used to seeing baseball caps since my dad wore them a lot, but I think very few people can rock snapback hats, and the straight brim/visor of those hats I think don't do a good job of blocking out sunlight. I'm a little glad they didn't persist for as long as everything else did.

Machine Gun Kelly proved this year that there is a distinct sound of the 2000s that people remember. This sounds very mid 2000s specifically.

It kind of sounds mid-2000s, but still seems to have a heavy 80s influence to it too in my opinion especially with that drum sound effect.
That song you linked me sounds a somewhat similar in vibe to Me, You and My Medication by Boys Like Girls, although I argue the latter song is more characteristically 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/26/20 at 2:12 pm

I'm not a fan of snapback hats, which can be considered an "evolution" of baseball caps. I've been used to seeing baseball caps since my dad wore them a lot, but I think very few people can rock snapback hats, and the straight brim/visor of those hats I think don't do a good job of blocking out sunlight. I'm a little glad they didn't persist for as long as everything else did.It kind of sounds mid-2000s, but still seems to have a heavy 80s influence to it too in my opinion especially with that drum sound effect.
That song you linked me sounds a somewhat similar in vibe to Me, You and My Medication by Boys Like Girls, although I argue the latter song is more characteristically 2000s.

To me it sounds like a Good Charlotte song from the 2000s.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/26/20 at 3:01 pm

I'm not a fan of snapback hats, which can be considered an "evolution" of baseball caps. I've been used to seeing baseball caps since my dad wore them a lot, but I think very few people can rock snapback hats, and the straight brim/visor of those hats I think don't do a good job of blocking out sunlight. I'm a little glad they didn't persist for as long as everything else did.I

What about hiphuggers? Back in the 70s we called them "unisex" which was kind of an early version of the genderless situation you advocate  so heavily for. Keep in mind, hiphuggers are not quite today's skinny jeans. Hiphuggers were tight everywhere.

Written By: wixness on 10/26/20 at 3:04 pm

What about hiphuggers? Back in the 70s we called them "unisex" which was kind of an early version of the genderless situation you advocate  so heavily for. Keep in mind, hiphuggers are not quite today's skinny jeans. Hiphuggers were tight everywhere.
I'm a bit unclear on this and may prefer to have examples if it's possible.

Written By: CarCar on 10/27/20 at 3:49 am

There used to be a time when 50 years ago meant the 1950s and that was in the 2000s. Now it’s 2020 and 50 years ago means the year 1970. I don’t think it’s changed I just think time moves slow and when you think a lot about time, it moves even slower. I’m gonna assume everyone here is around my age or so (20 somethings) and we’ve reached an age where we notice things that people even younger then us such as kids don’t notice about the media they consume such as noticing a lot of they’re stuff is rehashed from previous decades.

I’ve seen a lot of pop stars close to my age or only 10 years older give a few references to the 2000s such as Mean Girls or make 2000s set movies/tv shows such as Penn 15. I think it’s something that’s definitely going to be pushed further in the decade by those of us who experienced the decade as kids and who were born in the decade. Things are different now since it’s not people who are adults to us creating the culture it’s us who are creating it now, we’re the adults now.

People who were in they’re 20s in the 2000s are between the ages of 49-31(yes people someone born in 1971 was 29 in the year 2000), people in they’re teens are now 39-24. So yes let’s not be impatient about it because it will come eventually.

Written By: CarCar on 10/27/20 at 4:02 am

wSdT-SArM2Q

Machine gun Kelly is only 8 years older then me, yep people our age are definitely the ones who’ll bring 2000s nostalgia into 2020s I’m calling. Once 2025 hits 2000s the decade will be in full swing

JGPgxoIPY6Q

Written By: wixness on 10/27/20 at 6:16 am

Once 2025 hits 2000s the decade will be in full swing
I'll be 26/27 years old though  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 10/27/20 at 7:30 am

So what about Afro hairdo's, Hawaiian shirts and platform shoes?

Written By: CarCar on 10/27/20 at 9:22 am

I'll be 26/27 years old though  :\'(

I think that’s what’s needed for an era to become nostalgic and give it that special flavor, the target demographic of that era can’t be (well super)young anymore, they got to be at least old enough to look old to kids who were born during that time to give it that sense of being a long time ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/20 at 9:38 am

I think that’s what’s needed for an era to become nostalgic and give it that special flavor, the target demographic of that era can’t be (well super)young anymore, they got to be at least old enough to look old to kids who were born during that time to give it that sense of being a long time ago.
With the pandemic, being stuck at home, any era will become nostalgic, when there is nothing else to reflect on.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 9:38 am

It took me a long time to see that people here use the word "nostalgia" in a very different way than the old, traditional definition. I notice that people even pick random periods and decide to be "nostalgic" for them. As in, "lately I've been nostalgic for Oct 2017 to July 2018". And conversely, the "organized" method of "nostalgia", as exemplified by your post. When a particular era is "decided upon" for people to suddenly be "nostalgic" about, and the various "cycle" theories of same. In sum, the word "nostalgia" is thrown around very, very loosely here.

Written By: CarCar on 10/27/20 at 11:42 am

It took me a long time to see that people here use the word "nostalgia" in a very different way than the old, traditional definition. I notice that people even pick random periods and decide to be "nostalgic" for them. As in, "lately I've been nostalgic for Oct 2017 to July 2018". And conversely, the "organized" method of "nostalgia", as exemplified by your post. When a particular era is "decided upon" for people to suddenly be "nostalgic" about, and the various "cycle" theories of same. In sum, the word "nostalgia" is thrown around very, very loosely here.

It is, it’s one of the things that really bugs me out when discussing the topic of nostalgia and when will certain eras become actual time periods. 2017/2018 is very recent and I’ve seen some younger teenagers already make cringey memes about those years that involve forgettable internet bloggers that are still relevant and more or less make the same content. To me something becomes a time period when it turns at the bare minimum 20 or very close to 20 since at that point there’s adults who don’t remember the year such is the case now with the year 2000.

2000 is only one year of the 2000s, the rest of the decade is still in its teens, we won’t start seeing the decade as even more vintage then now until about 2025 since that’s 20 years away from 2005. Plus I also think people about my age and a few years older are gonna accept that were the adults now with responsibilities not teenagers or kids that everything is aimed at.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 12:24 pm

It is, it’s one of the things that really bugs me out when discussing the topic of nostalgia and when will certain eras become actual time periods. 2017/2018 is very recent and I’ve seen some younger teenagers already make cringey memes about those years that involve forgettable internet bloggers that are still relevant and more or less make the same content. To me something becomes a time period when it turns at the bare minimum 20 or very close to 20 since at that point there’s adults who don’t remember the year such is the case now with the year 2000.

2000 is only one year of the 2000s, the rest of the decade is still in its teens, we won’t start seeing the decade as even more vintage then now until about 2025 since that’s 20 years away from 2005. Plus I also think people about my age and a few years older are gonna accept that were the adults now with responsibilities not teenagers or kids that everything is aimed at.

Notable eras don't really have anything to do with he passing o time or how old they are. You are conflating it with your annoyance at people being "nostalgic" for insignificant things  from non-noteworthy eras. This is basically it's own separate topic.  What you're calling "time periods" can actually occur at any time. I don't find it inaccurate, for example, to say "the Obama years", a period that ended just four years ago. Or---just say for the sake of argument that the pandemic miraculously ended on, to pick a random date, November 3. One could then definitely refer to "the covid era" as a very legitimate, significant and recognizable time period now passed, even though it just ended.

Written By: 2001 on 10/27/20 at 6:45 pm

Yeah, I used to make a distinction between reminiscing (remembering good times) and nostalgia (longing for the good times), but that is not how it is used in this forum.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 7:40 pm

Yeah, I used to make a distinction between reminiscing (remembering good times) and nostalgia (longing for the good times), but that is not how it is used in this forum.

Another weird thing is people here claiming to be "nostalgic" for a time they weren't even alive in! Someone born in 2000 for example, being "nostalgic" for the 80s because they heard a song from the 80s they liked or some such. That's NOT nostalgia.
That's simply a curiosity or an interest in a previous period. By very definition, to be "nostalgic" for something you had to have experienced it in the first place! But that's not how it's used here. It seems the definition of nostalgia has become very elastic.

Written By: wixness on 10/28/20 at 3:41 pm

Another weird thing is people here claiming to be "nostalgic" for a time they weren't even alive in! Someone born in 2000 for example, being "nostalgic" for the 80s because they heard a song from the 80s they liked or some such. That's NOT nostalgia.
That's simply a curiosity or an interest in a previous period. By very definition, to be "nostalgic" for something you had to have experienced it in the first place! But that's not how it's used here. It seems the definition of nostalgia has become very elastic.
I think this is because those born from the 90s didn't really want to miss out on the feeling or whatever when for them, the times they grew up in weren't memorable and/or likeable. So they're taking interest in what their elders were nostalgic for or something.

Written By: CarCar on 10/28/20 at 4:39 pm

I think this is because those born from the 90s didn't really want to miss out on the feeling or whatever when for them, the times they grew up in weren't memorable and/or likeable. So they're taking interest in what their elders were nostalgic for or something.

You talk about 90s borns as if we’re middle aged or something when most of us are still in our 20s and youth lol

Written By: wixness on 10/29/20 at 6:12 am

You talk about 90s borns as if we’re middle aged or something when most of us are still in our 20s and youth lol
I myself am a late 90s born and I don't think 90s borns are middle aged at all.

Written By: CarCar on 11/01/20 at 12:49 am

I myself am a late 90s born and I don't think 90s borns are middle aged at all.

Ok but the way you described 90s borns makes it come off as we’re older then what we actually are considering we only graduated high school only 4 years ago, that’s not a long time or enough to watch how it’ll age for future generations considering it’s still to close to the present

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/10/20 at 2:23 pm

Now that Trump is the first single term president in almost 30 years, that might break the cycle pattern a bit. Now it's feeling like the time Barack Obama first was elected in 2008, with the feeling of the light at the end of tunnel and new found hope for the future, as well as the historical significance of election (this time with the VP not only being of color but also the first female). Now if Kamala gets nominated and elected president in 2024, that will even further resemble the time Obama was elected president.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/20 at 4:14 pm

Now that Trump is the first single term president in almost 30 years, that might break the cycle pattern a bit. Now it's feeling like the time Barack Obama first was elected in 2008, with the feeling of the light at the end of tunnel and new found hope for the future, as well as the historical significance of election (this time with the VP not only being of color but also the first female). Now if Kamala gets nominated and elected president in 2024, that will even further resemble the time Obama was elected president.

Maybe some people feel that way but I sure don't. The pandemic is at its worst now, there are talks of lockdowns, the economy is crippling, and people are still poorer as ever as they've always been. Obama and Biden know how to deliver a good speech, but I actually think things may get worse. Even though Trump was a bad president, the bad things that happened were not all caused by him. There still seems to be division. Trump supporters are not the only people who fueled division. Most of the riots and violence come from Antifa groups. So it's not a "right wing problem" it's a human problem in general.

Written By: 2001 on 11/10/20 at 4:42 pm

Maybe some people feel that way but I sure don't. The pandemic is at its worst now, there are talks of lockdowns, the economy is crippling, and people are still poorer as ever as they've always been. Obama and Biden know how to deliver a good speech, but I actually think things may get worse. Even though Trump was a bad president, the bad things that happened were not all caused by him. There still seems to be division. Trump supporters are not the only people who fueled division. Most of the riots and violence come from Antifa groups. So it's not a "right wing problem" it's a human problem in general.

People are talking about lockdowns? In Ontario things are opening up. I have to call to cancel my gym membership because they're open again and I ain't going lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/20 at 5:03 pm

People are talking about lockdowns? In Ontario things are opening up. I have to call to cancel my gym membership because they're open again and I ain't going lol.

Yes I've heard talks of potential 2 week lockdowns.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/20 at 5:06 pm

It is a total of 28 days for the second lockdown in the UK, and I keep thinking of the film "28 Days Later".

Written By: 2001 on 11/10/20 at 5:52 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmdhoPaXIAEOQ6w?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow, I heard about things being bad in Manitoba but I didn't hear much from Alberta. I hope you and your family stay safe.  :-\\

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/20 at 9:08 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmdhoPaXIAEOQ6w?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow, I heard about things being bad in Manitoba but I didn't hear much from Alberta. I hope you and your family stay safe.  :-\\

Thanks and likewise, Ontario seems to have a lot of cases as well.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/20 at 3:37 pm

Hopefully this lockdown doesn't hit New York again.

Check for new replies or respond here...