inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sir Paul McCartney on his lockdown album: 'I was just messing around'

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/20 at 2:43 am

Sir Paul McCartney is to release a solo album with "echoes of the pandemic" that he recorded in nine weeks during the Covid-19 lockdown. Titled McCartney III, it follows 1970's McCartney I and 1980's McCartney II, both of which were also recorded alone. The former Beatle reveals: "I was just messing around, never suspecting for one second that this was going to be an album."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54634191

Subject: Re: Sir Paul McCartney on his lockdown album: 'I was just messing around'

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/22/20 at 8:30 am

I bought the original "McCartney" album on Apple Records the first week it cam out in 1970! Right around the same time I bought the "Let It Be" album and "Instant Karma" as well. All brand new at the time. A time of many beginnings and endings, but a wonderful time for music!!  :)  :)  :)

Notice he seems to do one of these albums at the beginning of a decade:

"McCartney"-1970
"McCartney II"-1980
"McCartney III"-2020

Subject: Re: Sir Paul McCartney on his lockdown album: 'I was just messing around'

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/20 at 8:41 am

I bought the original "McCartney" album on Apple Records the first week it cam out in 1970! Right around the same time I bought the "Let It Be" album and "Instant Karma" as well. All brand new at the time. A time of many beginnings and endings, but a wonderful time for music!!  :)  :)  :)

Notice he seems to do one of these albums at the beginning of a decade:

"McCartney"-1970
"McCartney II"-1980
"McCartney III"-2020
Did your "Let It Be" have the photographs and book inside?

What happened for an album for Sir Paul McCartney in 1990?

Back when Sir Paul released the album "New" in 2013, he was in various capital cities around the world giving free concerts promoting it, I was unknowingly in Times Square 24 hours before his NYC concert on John Lennon's birthday, and for the London free concert I knew it was happening but not where and when.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/22/20 at 8:51 am

Did your "Let It Be" have the photographs and book inside?

Back when Sir Paul released the album "New" in 2013, he was in various capital cities around the world giving free concerts promoting it, I was unknowingly in Times Square 24 hours before his NYC concert on John Lennon's birthday, and for the London free concert I knew it was happening but not where and when.

No, none of them had the book here. HOWEVER, in 1972 or 1973 a record store had a whole bunch of the books out of the blue for $1.99! It's very thick, over a hundred pages. I bought one. Those are worth a fortune today, but mine fell apart almost immediately. The binding process was very bad and all the pages fell out. I still have it all though. It also had some very interesting text including dialog from the movie.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/22/20 at 1:04 pm

Or 2000 or 2010? The timing has to be just right for one of these "one man band" type of albums I suppose. Although if you peruse the credits of almost any of his albums there are songs scattered throughout where he plays every instrument. Drums, bass, guitar, keyboards. pennywhistle even. He's a multi-instrumentalist.

Check for new replies or respond here...