inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dunkin’ Donuts Selling Out

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/25/20 at 4:02 pm

The owners of Dunkin’ Brands (formerly known as Dunkin Donuts), are selling out to private equity.  :-\\

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/dunkin-brands-reportedly-near-agreement-to-sell-itself-to-inspire-brands-and-go-private

Assuming the deal goes through, it will become a sister company to Arby’s, Sonic Burger, Jimmy John’s Pizza, and Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck.

Let’s hope that Dunkin does not go down the road to suckdom that Arby’s has.

Subject: Dunkin’ Donuts Selling Out

Written By: Dude111 on 10/25/20 at 9:28 pm

They alread ydid years ago..... Donuts are crap compared to 15 years ago or so......

Subject: Re: Dunkin’ Donuts Selling Out

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/25/20 at 9:32 pm

They alread ydid years ago..... Donuts are crap compared to 15 years ago or so......

And the coffee too. I remember thinking somewhere around the late 80s that Dunkin Donuts coffee had gone way downhill. So there is at least an entire generation that has come along since that doesn't know that better grade of Dunkin Donuts coffee that I once knew.

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/26/20 at 6:35 am

I prefer supermarket and mom & pop/small chain donuts anyways, and I felt that when Dunkin' dropped the Donuts from its name in 2018, that meant that it was downplaying its focus on donuts and more on coffee and other items.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/26/20 at 2:55 pm

If it does go through then one good thing is that Dunkin will technically be an Atlanta company, since the parent company Inspire Brands is headquartered in Atlanta.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/20 at 7:33 am

And the coffee too. I remember thinking somewhere around the late 80s that Dunkin Donuts coffee had gone way downhill. So there is at least an entire generation that has come along since that doesn't know that better grade of Dunkin Donuts coffee that I once knew.

What was wrong with the coffee? Was it the beans of the way the coffee was made? ???

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 8:10 am

What was wrong with the coffee? Was it the beans of the way the coffee was made? ???

That's a good question. I wondered it myself. Probably the quality of the beans. But it was a noticeable decline. Other people talked about it too. Before that, people always spoke highly of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Now it is not uncommon, in fact it is pervasive, for people to diss Dunkin Donuts.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/20 at 8:22 am

That's a good question. I wondered it myself. Probably the quality of the beans. But it was a noticeable decline. Other people talked about it too. Before that, people always spoke highly of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Now it is not uncommon, in fact it is pervasive, for people to diss Dunkin Donuts.

I thought the coffee tasted a bit too sweet.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 8:29 am

I thought the coffee tasted a bit too sweet.

That has nothing to do with the coffee. That has to do with the sugar added. You can tell them to put in less sugar you know.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/20 at 2:32 pm

That has nothing to do with the coffee. That has to do with the sugar added. You can tell them to put in less sugar you know.

Sometimes when you say "light and sweet", they put in 5 creamers and 5 sugars, that's what they call light and sweet.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 2:37 pm

Sometimes when you say "light and sweet", they put in 5 creamers and 5 sugars, that's what they call light and sweet.

Sounds light and sweet to me. You should be more specific if you want less. They are not mind readers. I never put sugar in coffee.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/20 at 2:50 pm

Sounds light and sweet to me. You should be more specific if you want less. They are not mind readers. I never put sugar in coffee.

For me, coffee always tasted better when I put in sugar.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/27/20 at 2:56 pm

For me, coffee always tasted better when I put in sugar.

I like to taste the coffee.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/27/20 at 5:13 pm

We don't have Dunkin' in Canada.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/20 at 5:29 pm

We don't have Dunkin' in Canada.
We have one in London, and I am not sure on whether it is open or not.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/27/20 at 5:52 pm

We have one in London, and I am not sure on whether it is open or not.

I think I've been to that one when I was in London. The one in the train station?

Written By: Howard on 10/29/20 at 8:10 am

I put sugar and creamer in mine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/20 at 8:16 am

I think I've been to that one when I was in London. The one in the train station?
Close to Baker Street Station, judging by Google Maps it is still open.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/29/20 at 2:51 pm

If you live in Canada why go to Dunkin when you have Timmy's?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/20 at 3:05 pm

You can't go to Dunkin' because it doesn't exist in Canada. As for Tim Hortons, it sucks.  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/20 at 3:08 pm

Canada is far for me to travel just a donut.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/31/20 at 7:16 am

You can't go to Dunkin' because it doesn't exist in Canada. As for Tim Hortons, it sucks.  8-P

Never thought I'd hear anyone say that. Maybe because I don't live in Canada and don't have them where I live. I stopped by one in Michigan when I was visiting family and liked their donuts and coffee. Something interesting I found out recently is that its parent company, Toronto based Restaurants Brands International, also owns Burger King and Popeyes Chicken.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/31/20 at 6:03 pm

Never thought I'd hear anyone say that. Maybe because I don't live in Canada and don't have them where I live. I stopped by one in Michigan when I was visiting family and liked their donuts and coffee. Something interesting I found out recently is that its parent company, Toronto based Restaurants Brands International, also owns Burger King and Popeyes Chicken.

I haven't met anyone who truly thinks Tim Hortons coffee is actually good and high quality. Most people just buy it because it's cheap and convenient. But then I have to wonder, why would you buy Tim Hortons coffee when McDonalds Mcafe makes way better quality coffee for the same price? I just drink McDonalds coffee when I need cheap and convenient coffee. Tim Hortons coffee tastes like burnt tarmac. The donuts are just frozen and recooked, nothing special and certainly nothing that is high quality. Yes, Tim Hortons is now owned by the same company that owns Burger King. I think this happened recently in like 2014 or something.

Written By: 2001 on 10/31/20 at 6:17 pm

Maybe the American ones are better? In Canada it is known for being cheap and ubiquitous, not for quality. For most people it is a cheaper daily habit to get a $2 coffee and $1 doughnut from Tim Hortons than $5+ from Starbucks.

Written By: 2001 on 10/31/20 at 6:24 pm

I haven't met anyone who truly thinks Tim Hortons coffee is actually good and high quality. Most people just buy it because it's cheap and convenient. But then I have to wonder, why would you buy Tim Hortons coffee when McDonalds Mcafe makes way better quality coffee for the same price? I just drink McDonalds coffee when I need cheap and convenient coffee. Tim Hortons coffee tastes like burnt tarmac. The donuts are just frozen and recooked, nothing special and certainly nothing that is high quality. Yes, Tim Hortons is now owned by the same company that owns Burger King. I think this happened recently in like 2014 or something.

Wait is coffee NOT supposed to taste like burnt tarmac? I have been drinking the wrong coffee then. ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 10/31/20 at 9:35 pm

Maybe the American ones are better? In Canada it is known for being cheap and ubiquitous, not for quality. For most people it is a cheaper daily habit to get a $2 coffee and $1 doughnut from Tim Hortons than $5+ from Starbucks.

Yeah and it's also the same price to grab a coffee and apple pie from McDonald's only much better taste and quality than Tims.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/20 at 4:03 am

A small coffee at some places go for about $1.50-2 dollars or if you want a specialty coffee that would go for a bit more.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/20 at 4:05 am

Or you can just buy a Keurig and make your coffee right at home.

Check for new replies or respond here...