inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dec 10 could be the Day when vaccine from Pfizer

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/25/20 at 12:49 pm

gets approval to go to FDA for approval here in U.S.  This is the one that needs to be kept on ice...    This warp speeded vaccine.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-plans-distribute-6-4-063556179.html

Then we'll see  how much more fun begins....

Regardless of outcome from "them" this older HEALTHY gal will not take the vaccine...why shoot my body with unknowns?    I count on my 4 naturals for my vaccine.   

Subject: Re: Dec 10 could be the Day when vaccine from Pfizer

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 1:22 pm

As in the title, Dec 10 could be the Day when vaccine from Pfizer...

...could be are the key words here?

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/20 at 1:33 pm

The US/UK will receive it before Canada. I'm mad jelly. Hopefully it saves thousands of lives.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/25/20 at 1:53 pm

About everything is "could" as no guarantees on anything but death I believe.

The approval board MAY not buy into what Pfizer is offering. 

As I've read and heard, it can take 4-5 yrs for a successful vaccine to be produced.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/25/20 at 4:23 pm

The US/UK will receive it before Canada. I'm mad jelly. Hopefully it saves thousands of lives.
I hate Trudeau for this.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/25/20 at 6:00 pm

We have a local radio station that goes all day with their rebellions over how so many lives have been destroyed by the closing of about 3000 restaurants and YET they just pointed out that the AVERAGE age of deaths is 80, yes 80.  But the insanity continues and we have lawsuits popping up left and right to go after these  people making these so called insane decisions....Into 9 months now.....a high profile attorney who owns 2 LA restaurants is in process of filing now, this should be interesting...how this all comes out...

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/20 at 6:14 pm

We have a local radio station that goes all day with their rebellions over how so many lives have been destroyed by the closing of about 3000 restaurants and YET they just pointed out that the AVERAGE age of deaths is 80, yes 80.  But the insanity continues and we have lawsuits popping up left and right to go after these  people making these so called insane decisions....Into 9 months now.....a high profile attorney who owns 2 LA restaurants is in process of filing now, this should be interesting...how this all comes out...

Do you know how averages work? If 80 is average, that means there are people both under and over 80 dying.  ???

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/25/20 at 9:05 pm

The average age of Covid deaths from the Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12886370/average-age-covid-death-82-4-years-shield-vulnerable/

And YES I know how average works.

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/20 at 10:48 pm

The average age of Covid deaths from the Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12886370/average-age-covid-death-82-4-years-shield-vulnerable/

And YES I know how average works.

Considering you misused the statistic twice you might want to hit the books again.  ::)

For every 100 year old that dies, there needs to be a dead 60 year old to arrive at an average of 80. It's not just 80 year olds dying. It's a meaningless statistic, it obscures the data rather than elucidating it.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/25/20 at 10:53 pm

??? ::)

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/20 at 11:01 pm

??? ::)

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Cases-by-Age-Group.aspx

https://i.imgur.com/qFIJvWQ.png

That's for your state.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/26/20 at 12:10 pm

You know I don't need all your crazy numbers to clutter  up my thread...grrrrrrrrr

Why not post your own great numbers thread....I'll know to avoid it. 

It's almost laughable how so many post and post on the numbers and misinformation of the numbers, they have that fascination I guess.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/20 at 12:35 pm

>Average age of death is 80!!!
>Oh no, don't use numbers!

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/20 at 12:47 pm

It's almost laughable how so many post and post on the numbers and misinformation of the numbers, they have that fascination I guess.

Glad you asked. Being a data scientist/engineer is what pays my bills, so if you need help with numbers just ask me.  8)

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/26/20 at 1:38 pm

Oh come on, I don't do charts and charts like some here...I put out one number... ::)

Written By: karen on 11/26/20 at 1:51 pm

You know I don't need all your crazy numbers to clutter  up my thread...grrrrrrrrr

Why not post your own great numbers thread....I'll know to avoid it. 

So if the numbers are misinformation why should we then take your number as being a special one we should listen to and act on? It was calculated from all these other numbers.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/26/20 at 1:56 pm

So if the numbers are misinformation why should we then take your number as being a special one we should listen to and act on? It was calculated from all these other numbers.

So you gotta make a Big Deal about "my number"... ::)

Just talked to some family in NJ and a couple of their neighbors died and were over 80 and with other health issues.

Bottom line, "don't take care of yourselves"......

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 2:35 pm

If one person took care of him/herself then that person would live longer than 80.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/26/20 at 2:52 pm

If one person took care of him/herself then that person would live longer than 80.

Hey my good neighbor is 93, had two hip replacements which have kept her in not great body shape from the replacements, I know what that is about, since I had one and it's  not been a great success.

This neighbor is huge on supplements and has been taking them for probably 20 or so yrs and she is overall strong and healthy regarding her immune system. 

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grape Seed Extract  are just 4 of the ones she takes.

It's pretty clear that just about everyone here is Younger, but have older people in their lives, so pass on info,  help others..in the higher risk categories.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 2:59 pm

Hey my good neighbor is 93, had two hip replacements which have kept her in not great body shape from the replacements, I know what that is about, since I had one and it's  not been a great success.

This neighbor is huge on supplements and has been taking them for probably 20 or so yrs and she is overall strong and healthy regarding her immune system. 

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grape Seed Extract  are just 4 of the ones she takes.

I try to take care of myself as much as possible, I do drink a lot of Vitamin C and D juices, I also drink a lot of water for hydration, I have good blood pressure and my weight is good as well, 175-180 pounds.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/20 at 6:14 pm

Oh come on, I don't do charts and charts like some here...I put out one number... ::)

But it's not "one number"... An average by definition involves taking several numbers to average them up. In this case you are averaging 1.4 million+ numbers.  ???

Written By: karen on 11/27/20 at 7:34 am

So you gotta make a Big Deal about "my number"... ::)

Just talked to some family in NJ and a couple of their neighbors died and were over 80 and with other health issues.

Bottom line, "don't take care of yourselves"......

We didn’t make a thing of it. You did.

You incorrectly used it to say that it was only very old people dying so we should just open up everything and let them take their chance. We are merely trying to point out that this is not the case.

Subject: Dec 10 could be the Day when vaccine from Pfizer

Written By: Dude111 on 11/27/20 at 10:46 am

What do you think of this report?

http://web.archive.org/web/20201126163323/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

No question why it was deleted!! (They dont like the truth being exposed)

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/27/20 at 12:02 pm

We didn’t make a thing of it. You did.

You incorrectly used it to say that it was only very old people dying so we should just open up everything and let them take their chance. We are merely trying to point out that this is not the case.

I NEVER said ONLY old people are dying -- those of older age and higher risk health rise, are the higher age group dying....... yes there are others dying who are  younger and those probably have health issues too, obesity, diabetes, and other issues, but the average out there is about 80......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am  82, older  true, good health yes, and doing good.   

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/27/20 at 12:04 pm

http://web.archive.org/web/20201126163323/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

Censorship runs rampant, when one reports other than the govt stuff, they are censored...they disappear or all their info is deleted....

Written By: Elor on 11/27/20 at 3:58 pm

Strange, the CDC (from which the data for the article allegedly came from) itself seems to disagree:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm?s_cid=mm6942e2_w

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/27/20 at 6:53 pm

Strange, the CDC (from which the data for the article allegedly came from) itself seems to disagree:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm?s_cid=mm6942e2_w

CDC changes like people change underware.  I put hardly any faith in CDC.  I tried to deal with them years ago on another issue, forget it, I can get answers from pope faster...and better.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/27/20 at 7:17 pm

forget it, I can get answers from pope faster...and better.

Hahaha lol.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/27/20 at 9:20 pm

Hahaha lol.

Jesica, have you ever tried to get info from the CDC, I have.  I'm talking person to person by phone. 

Written By: Elor on 11/27/20 at 11:35 pm

CDC changes like people change underware.  I put hardly any faith in CDC.  I tried to deal with them years ago on another issue, forget it, I can get answers from pope faster...and better.
Good, that means the article in Dude111's link which is allegedly based on that data is worthless too.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/20 at 8:04 am

The CDC Test And Trace are asking me to fill out a form until my isolation is over, I'm fine but My Parents are feeling unwell.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/20 at 8:05 am

Jesica, have you ever tried to get info from the CDC, I have.  I'm talking person to person by phone.

They're asking me to fill out a form until this isolation is over.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/28/20 at 2:30 pm

No, never. Lol! I tried here in this state, but they never give us the information we ask for. These days it's only a device answering!  ;D

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/05/20 at 2:06 pm

There is so much negative info on the rushed vaccines, and SO MANY will not take it, no matter... Here is the latest on other than a vaccine...

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/gsu-researchers-say-new-drug-completely-suppresses-covid-19-transmission/UASJIOG4SRB6TDAZM5DKVHHK2I/

First and foremost keep your own IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONG.....

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/05/20 at 5:17 pm

There is so much negative info on the rushed vaccines, and SO MANY will not take it, no matter... Here is the latest on other than a vaccine...

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/gsu-researchers-say-new-drug-completely-suppresses-covid-19-transmission/UASJIOG4SRB6TDAZM5DKVHHK2I/

First and foremost keep your own IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONG.....
Once again, NOT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO DO THAT, not everyone has the time to sleep as they can be busy from work, and for smokers, it is not easy to stop being addicted to it, it takes months or years even after the pandemic is over before they recover (Which is literally in a few months), and especially for the elderly. So stop repeating the same thing over and over again and we have to agree to disagree. If we disagree with your opinion, it doesn't mean we are gonna start an argument, we are just sharing our opinion, you may disagree with ours, and we are fine with that, but if we disagree, don't initiate a fight. 🙄 Jesus Christ, jamin.

Written By: karen on 12/08/20 at 1:55 pm

I read an interesting article in The Times magazine explaining in part why these vaccines were developed so quickly.

Scientists had been developing a vaccine that can replicate the spike proteins and just needed the DNA information for any particular virus we needed a vaccine for.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/20 at 2:03 pm

So what happens when you take the vaccine and then there's side effects?  ???

Written By: karen on 12/08/20 at 2:05 pm

So what happens when you take the vaccine and then there's side effects?  ???

Side effects are generally mild, such as a headache for a couple of days or maybe aching or bruising at the injection site. Much better than the alternative. Plus most people won’t have any side effects.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 2:08 pm

This vaccine TYPE is NEW so new and hearing how people's DNA and RNA can be changed...I'll NEVER do it...and if you do and you get lifechanging issues, it's on you to deal with....pharma doesn't care....

Millions out there want nothing to do with it.... and for me, messing around with my own healthy immune system is out of the picture.   

Written By: karen on 12/08/20 at 2:26 pm

This vaccine TYPE is NEW so new and hearing how people's DNA and RNA can be changed...I'll NEVER do it...and if you do and you get lifechanging issues, it's on you to deal with....pharma doesn't care....

Millions out there want nothing to do with it.... and for me, messing around with my own healthy immune system is out of the picture. 

It can’t alter your DNA.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/20 at 2:29 pm

It can’t alter your DNA.
Please explain how the DNA can be changed?

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 2:33 pm

Read the info out there, I'm not a pharma employee...or a scientist...    There are miles of pros/cons out there....

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/20 at 2:34 pm

Read the info out there, I'm not a pharma employee...or a scientist...    There are miles of pros/cons out there....
No, you tell me as you believe in it?

Written By: karen on 12/08/20 at 2:45 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60845.msg3991988#msg3991988

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/20 at 2:48 pm

In one sense, I am looking forward for my vaccination jab, I have felt happier with this news today, but even as vulnerable, I still have to wait as I am on Level 4.

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/20 at 2:48 pm

No, you tell me as you believe in it?

She ain't got a clue what DNA even is. The first time I talked to her she said she doesn't believe in science.  ::)

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/08/20 at 7:39 pm

*Deep sigh* Oh My God 🙄

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 8:34 pm

She ain't got a clue what DNA even is. The first time I talked to her she said she doesn't believe in science.  ::)

Well young man, I know what DNA is and know that from my long line of family and parents, I have good strong DNA and could be around for another 10 yrs....a lot of strong people run out of money to live their long lives... my father wanted to leave but his heart kept ticking to 95....so don't tell me what I know or don't know...thanks...

Another thought, if you have not looked up the definition of the word Rude, maybe it's time.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 9:16 pm

omg lookie what I just found

http://letsrollforums.com//fda-quietly-releases-documents-t32876.html

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/20 at 10:06 pm

Well young man, I know what DNA is and know that from my long line of family and parents, I have good strong DNA and could be around for another 10 yrs....a lot of strong people run out of money to live their long lives... my father wanted to leave but his heart kept ticking to 95....so don't tell me what I know or don't know...thanks...

Another thought, if you have not looked up the definition of the word Rude, maybe it's time.

"Good strong DNA" are not adjectives ever used to describe DNA, you sound like Trump. How is a set of instructions to produce proteins gonna be "strong"? And I know you're not talking about transcription errors ::)

You did nothing to disprove my initial assertion except volley more personal attacks as you do in every reply to me. As a lady older and WISER than you once said "If they attack you personally it means they have not a single argument left".

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/20 at 10:19 pm

*Deep sigh* Oh My God 🙄

I literally explained to her how the mRNA imstructs the cell to produce copies of itself with same spike protein as COVID-19. (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60845.msg3985885#msg3985885) It went completely over her head obviously and now she's "heard" it can alter her "good strong DNA". Sounds like a sitcom episode.

I think I've pretty much figured this person out. The first day I talked to her she said she does not believe in science. I don't think I've ever heard a person treat science with such ready dismissal in my life, so it was a shock. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt so I tried to figure it out what it is that she uses to arrive at conclusions, if it isn't science. Well, once I figured out I was left unimpressed. It's completely lacks humility but she thinks if she believes in something then that's proof in itself, because she is 82 of course that means she's done everything right. Never mind that 82 is below the life expectancy for women in every developed country and is not an exceptional age to reach, never mind that the placebo effect is a thing and can explain away her grape seed extract, god damn it if she believes in something then it's true and that's all there is to it. That's her proof. That's why she's offended every time we ask her for proof and calls us close-minded. She is living proof in herself and we are supposed to marvel at her greatness, her amazing immune system, her amazing DNA.

I hope when I hopefully reach that age I don't become so arrogant. Humbleness is the greatest sign of intellect. It is easy to be critical of others and their ideas but when you can be critical of yourself and accept that you can be wrong is when you give yourself an opportunity to learn and grow. "I'm right because I'm right/old" and dressing up everything you say as "wisdom" is the antithesis of all that. What a lamentable thought process.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/08/20 at 11:22 pm

I literally explained to her how the mRNA imstructs the cell to produce copies of itself with same spike protein as COVID-19. (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60845.msg3985885#msg3985885) It went completely over her head obviously and now she's "heard" it can alter her "good strong DNA". Sounds like a sitcom episode.

I think I've pretty much figured this person out. The first day I talked to her she said she does not believe in science. I don't think I've ever heard a person treat science with such ready dismissal in my life, so it was a shock. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt so I tried to figure it out what it is that she uses to arrive at conclusions, if it isn't science. Well, once I figured out I was left unimpressed. It's completely lacks humility but she thinks if she believes in something then that's proof in itself, because she is 82 of course that means she's done everything right. Never mind that 82 is below the life expectancy for women in every developed country and is not an exceptional age to reach, never mind that the placebo effect is a thing and can explain away her grape seed extract, god damn it if she believes in something then it's true and that's all there is to it. That's her proof. That's why she's offended every time we ask for her proof. She is living proof in herself and we are supposed to marvel at her greatness, her amazing immune system, her amazing DNA.

I hope when I hopefully reach that age I don't become so arrogant. Humbleness is the greatest sign of intellect. It is easy to be critical of others and their ideas but when you can be critical of yourself and accept that you can be wrong is when you give yourself an opportunity to learn and grow. "I'm right because I'm right/old" and dressing up everything you say as "wisdom" is the antithesis of all that. What a lamentable thought process.
Yeah I agree. Its sad to see how people think they're right in everything and will never learn, this is what they get, just a crazy devil woman who forces us to agree with all her opinions, even though some of her 'facts' are proven false, why would we agree to that? Its ok to disagree, but to rage over disagreements is just embarrassing, we all need to agree to disagree, and share and respect our and other people's opinions calmly, but nope, all she does is force us to agree, and goes devilish/crazy whenever we disagree. This is what I call hypocrisy and arrogancy, like holy Sh** 🙄🙄

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/08/20 at 11:25 pm

omg lookie what I just found

http://letsrollforums.com//fda-quietly-releases-documents-t32876.html
False information again. I've told you this multiple times, the more you destroy fun conversations by raging over disagreements, the more bad karma you get, from anger and backlash from other people, so stop posting nonsense, we get it. If its proven false, don't argue. This is literally pissing me off when you're like this for months now.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/20 at 3:56 am

Side effects are generally mild, such as a headache for a couple of days or maybe aching or bruising at the injection site. Much better than the alternative. Plus most people won’t have any side effects.

What about nausea or diarrhea?  ???

Written By: karen on 12/09/20 at 5:42 am

What about nausea or diarrhea?  ???

No

Tiredness, heavy feeling in the arm, tenderness at the injection site and headaches are the only side effects anyone has reported.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 12:55 pm

Oh Karen I'm guessing  you've been thru from of the trials for these vaccines....sure do talk like you know what they are and are not doing...that's great...

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more that is coming on the Side Effects and it's nothing about Karma.... 

Written By: karen on 12/09/20 at 1:24 pm

Oh Karen I'm guessing  you've been thru from of the trials for these vaccines....sure do talk like you know what they are and are not doing...that's great...

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more that is coming on the Side Effects and it's nothing about Karma....

No, but I know how to read and understand scientific literature.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/09/20 at 2:23 pm

I dont care, I'm still taking the vaccine -.-

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 9:24 pm

We can add this to the 2 I posted earlier.

https://sarahwestall.com/6-participants-died-during-pfizer-covid-vaccine-trials-fda-document-reveals-2/

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 9:32 pm

We can add this to the 2 I posted earlier.

https://sarahwestall.com/6-participants-died-during-pfizer-covid-vaccine-trials-fda-document-reveals-2/

2 died on the vaccine and 4 died with placebo? Not great but it sounds like you’re half as likely to die with the vaccine than without.

Written By: karen on 12/10/20 at 1:11 am

So the Astra Zeneca person mentioned in the article was in the control group and had received the test vaccine

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/28-year-old-volunteer-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-trial-dies

In the Pfizer trial there were two volunteers who died after receiving the vaccine. One had a heart attack 60+ days after having the vaccine, the other from arteriosclerosis.

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/28-year-old-volunteer-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-trial-dies

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/10/20 at 2:31 am

I'll probably get the COVID vaccine at some point next year, but I sure won't be the first in line to get it.

I don't trust the pharmaceutical industry in the least. Their prime motivation has nothing at all to do with actually curing people or making us healthier. All they really care about is making as much money as possible off of selling drugs to ease people's symptoms.

Earlier this year I went to a doctor for an annual checkup and he asked me if I was feeling depressed or anxious. Well, of course I was. Who wasn't depressed back in March or April? We all thought the world was coming to an end. And when I said yes, he immediately asked me if I wanted a prescription for some anti-depressants. I declined. He said a lot of his patients had been taking them. I still refused. And it seriously pissed me off. I could tell right there and then that some pharmaceutical representative had been encouraging him to push them on people.

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand that some people have chemical imbalances and they genuinely need prescription drugs to correct these imbalances just so they can function.

But there was none of that. There was no questionnaire, no battery of tests, nothing of the sort. He was just like, "Hey, do you want some happy pills?" No effing way. The world is kind of crazy right now and I want to keep my mind as sharp and as clear as possible in case I have to react to God-knows-what, and the last thing I need is some chemicals in my brain that could fog up my mind and cloud my judgment.

Those of you who live outside the United States may not know this, but our pharmaceutical corporations heavily advertise their prescription drugs on television here. Be very glad you don't have to suffer through these advertisements. They're horrible. They'll always show idealistic visions of people living happy normal lives, playing with their grandkids, as a voiceover announcer gently tells you to ask your doctor about so-and-so medication, and then they'll quickly run through the potential side effects of the drug.

I was watching one of these ads for some heart medication, and as they were rattling off the possible side effects of the medication, they mentioned that it may cause SPLIT OF THE PERINEUM. And although I'm sure that there is no possible way this could be related, I saw a commercial not long before for a class action lawsuit being filed on behalf of people who suffered from GENITAL GANGRENE as a side effect from some diabetes medication.

https://www.livescience.com/63485-diabetes-drug-infection-warning.html

Look, I don't want to scare people or come off as some nutty anti-vaxxer or anything like that. But they're really rushing these vaccines out and pushing us to take them ASAP so we can just get our lives back, even though there hasn't been any data on any possible long-term side effects of these drugs.

So I'm going to just wait and see. I'd much rather catch (and most likely survive) COVID than lose my dick.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/20 at 4:33 am

I dont care, I'm still taking the vaccine -.-

I'll take it too whenever it's available.

Written By: Elor on 12/10/20 at 10:19 am

@AL-B
You should definitely go to a different doctor. Anti depressants should never be given to people who are not diagnosed with a depression. Just asking whether you feel depressed isn't a depression diagnosis. There is a lot more to that (been there done that).  Most anti depressants have side effects and you can't just stop taking them you have to slowly reduce the dosage until it's low enough to quit without more side effects. Anybody just handing that stuff out like candy isn't worthy to be called a doctor IMHO. >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/20 at 1:51 pm

I'll probably get the COVID vaccine at some point next year, but I sure won't be the first in line to get it.

I don't trust the pharmaceutical industry in the least. Their prime motivation has nothing at all to do with actually curing people or making us healthier. All they really care about is making as much money as possible off of selling drugs to ease people's symptoms.

Earlier this year I went to a doctor for an annual checkup and he asked me if I was feeling depressed or anxious. Well, of course I was. Who wasn't depressed back in March or April? We all thought the world was coming to an end. And when I said yes, he immediately asked me if I wanted a prescription for some anti-depressants. I declined. He said a lot of his patients had been taking them. I still refused. And it seriously pissed me off. I could tell right there and then that some pharmaceutical representative had been encouraging him to push them on people.

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand that some people have chemical imbalances and they genuinely need prescription drugs to correct these imbalances just so they can function.

But there was none of that. There was no questionnaire, no battery of tests, nothing of the sort. He was just like, "Hey, do you want some happy pills?" No effing way. The world is kind of crazy right now and I want to keep my mind as sharp and as clear as possible in case I have to react to God-knows-what, and the last thing I need is some chemicals in my brain that could fog up my mind and cloud my judgment.

Those of you who live outside the United States may not know this, but our pharmaceutical corporations heavily advertise their prescription drugs on television here. Be very glad you don't have to suffer through these advertisements. They're horrible. They'll always show idealistic visions of people living happy normal lives, playing with their grandkids, as a voiceover announcer gently tells you to ask your doctor about so-and-so medication, and then they'll quickly run through the potential side effects of the drug.

I was watching one of these ads for some heart medication, and as they were rattling off the possible side effects of the medication, they mentioned that it may cause SPLIT OF THE PERINEUM. And although I'm sure that there is no possible way this could be related, I saw a commercial not long before for a class action lawsuit being filed on behalf of people who suffered from GENITAL GANGRENE as a side effect from some diabetes medication.

https://www.livescience.com/63485-diabetes-drug-infection-warning.html

Look, I don't want to scare people or come off as some nutty anti-vaxxer or anything like that. But they're really rushing these vaccines out and pushing us to take them ASAP so we can just get our lives back, even though there hasn't been any data on any possible long-term side effects of these drugs.

So I'm going to just wait and see. I'd much rather catch (and most likely survive) COVID than lose my dick.

I hear ya. I actually have a really good doc-at the V.A. no less. My cholesterol is elevated and he said that he could prescribe a statin which I told him that I don't trust the pharmaceutical companies-which he tends to agree. He is advising me how I can lower my cholesterol without a statin. (red rice yeast & Metamucil.)

A few weeks ago, I went in for my annual eye exam and was asked if I was feeling anxiety. My response was, "Who isn't?" She just looked at me and said, "Yeah." 

I know I will be getting a vaccine some time I figured that I am last man on the totem pole. I don't work, I'm not out in the public, and there are so many more people who need it more than I do.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/10/20 at 2:00 pm

@AL-B
You should definitely go to a different doctor. Anti depressants should never be given to people who are not diagnosed with a depression. Just asking whether you feel depressed isn't a depression diagnosis. There is a lot more to that (been there done that).  Most anti depressants have side effects and you can't just stop taking them you have to slowly reduce the dosage until it's low enough to quit without more side effects. Anybody just handing that stuff out like candy isn't worthy to be called a doctor IMHO. >:(

Yeah, I've been thinking about changing doctors for that very reason.

Oddly enough, despite all the weirdness and uncertainty going on right now, I'm feeling happier than I have in years. Maybe this might sound a little conspiratorial on my part, but I'm absolutely convinced that our mainstream media and our social media platforms are deliberately trying to destroy our morale by telling us that we're supposed to be anxious and depressed.

Earlier this year I'd get up in the morning and look at Facebook and look at all the political garbage that people would post and I'd get really angry, and I'd feel that way all day long. I felt like there was this invisible cloud of negative, toxic energy that permeated everything and I couldn't get away from it.

Then one day few months back, I looked at my phone and I got really angry when I realized how much it controlled my mood and I said, "No more! You do NOT get to tell me how I'm supposed to feel!" And the invisible toxic cloud instantly went away. I just turned it off, just like that, and I immediately felt 1000 times better and I've been fine ever since.

That and I've lost over 50 pounds so far this year. And it really wasn't that hard, all I had to do was just change a few eating habits. I just turned 50 and I feel better than I have in 15 years.

Obviously it hasn't been as hard for me as it has been for so many others, this year has been stressful at times for me but I've remained gainfully employed though all of this and although there are days that I really hate my job I'm really grateful that I have it. And I guess this year has made me realize what's important.

See, jaminhealth's opinions seem to be unpopular here but man, she's so right about a lot of things. America is a sick, unhealthy society, and it seems like it's almost by design. We're not encouraged to take responsibility for our own health. Instead we'll turn on our televisions and one minute there will be a commercial for the new Triple Baconator cheeseburger from Wendy's and the next minute there will be a commercial for some new prescription drugs that will help ease the symptoms you get from eating too many Triple Baconators over the years. So many people just mindlessly eat (I know, I was one of them) and get fat and depressed and hopeless and their health goes down the toilet. Obesity is one of the biggest factors in making people more susceptible to COVID, but we never hear them tell us to go out and exercise and eat healthier.

No, Big Pharma just keeps throwing pills at us because they make too much money off of treating symptoms that could easily be remedied by adopting healthier lifestyles.

So I don't think I'm being unreasonable by being skeptical of this new miracle vaccine that's supposed to get everything back to normal. I'm not saying I won't take it, but I have a bit of a wait-and-see attitude about it.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/10/20 at 2:19 pm

OP: I've been seeing an integrative doc for years, and she pushes no drugs, and even stopped mentioning mammograms and the colon tests .. she knows how I feel.

2020 is the first year for no doc appts..not even an annual, figured out how to get thru with my 2 meds and refills...    I feel good about this... and believe I've done yrs of doctors and now at 82 takes care of health on what I've learned...

Good for your on your smart thinking and I know to clearly all that you are saying..

And yes there are exceptions and I had one in 2016 where I had to go on 2.5 months of abx drug for a nasty knee infection, long  ugly saga....one I'll never forget but lessons learned...    :)

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/10/20 at 4:50 pm

Well I just turned on my radio for the latest covid/vaccine news...I expect not much else...so here is what I've heard today so far...  Airplanes and trucks loaded with vaccines and  paraphernalia to administer these jabs....to all their customers.

And also on all the latest polls on what people plan to do about these, and right NOW the major percentage say no or maybe or wait and see......

So now I'm hearing that major ad companies will be spending MILLIONS$$$ to work on persuading people to take the jabs.... one that about blew me away is that of black doctors working to persuade black people to get them!!!!!    omg 

My friend and I just chatted about all this and our words for it all and she came up with "circus".  I'm thinking more nightmare, but I may come up with other words, I know I will.... 

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:13 pm

OP: I've been seeing an integrative doc for years, and she pushes no drugs, and even stopped mentioning mammograms and the colon tests .. she knows how I feel.

2020 is the first year for no doc appts..not even an annual, figured out how to get thru with my 2 meds and refills...    I feel good about this... and believe I've done yrs of doctors and now at 82 takes care of health on what I've learned...

Good for your on your smart thinking and I know to clearly all that you are saying..

And yes there are exceptions and I had one in 2016 where I had to go on 2.5 months of abx drug for a nasty knee infection, long  ugly saga....one I'll never forget but lessons learned...    :)

So how do you get by without doctors?  ???

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 4:19 pm

So how do you get by without doctors?  ???

Howard, I did plenty of doctors in my early life and believe learned NOTHING from
them...and had some negative side effects from t heir drugs.  Had  a  few good doctors along the way, but I can count them on one hand.

As I've said I've been studying and working with supplements for 30 yrs and going to Dr. Google and my friends and it works for me....

If a  person has the motivation and desire to heal thyself it's very doable, at least very manageable. 

I was in my early 50's when I began my work and have  made it to 82 and as I said 2020 is the first year and decades NO DOC APPTS.....

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 6:29 pm

From Australia:  Coronavirus vaccines scrapped due to HIV positive tests.

https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress.com/2020/12/11/coronavirus-vaccine-is-causing-hiv-positive-tests/

Just the beginning, 1000's of doses are being started here in US early next week, health care providers and nursing homes we're told.  Sure happy I'm not one of these people.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 10:40 pm

A friend's personal story from her Nurse Friend, what a GIGANTIC mess these rushed vaccines are turning out to be:

(((So today I went down the vaccine rabbit hole........called my nurse friend to get some perspective.  She said sorry,  can't help because from her professional point of view the whole vaccine thing appears insane to her as well!  She will most likely have to quit her job over this.  She said all the medical personnel she knows are super stressed too.  Doctors aren't being encouraged or even allowed to use the therapies that could really help.  She said it is likely many hospitals are going to be overrun  because this whole thing has been managed so badly.

I asked her about  false positive HIV tests with the covid vaccine in Australia.  She hasn't had time to reserach that,  but said it would not surprise her at all,  because these vaccines are very unstable and it really is an unknown as to how these elements are going to combine inside individual humans.

I cannot remember ever being this continually angry.  My nurse friend says she is experiencing the same thing.  The collective stewpot is boiling over.......

Millions of humans around us are now going to be guinea pigs for the insane aholes at the top.  I don't think I can bear to watch this,  yet somehow I must. )))

Maybe some of you may start to THINK deeper on what is going on with these RUSHED vaccines...what I have heard that for a good safe vaccine to be developed can take 5-10 yrs.....

Think more about the two old drugs that have been mentioned....and get your Immune System strong......

Written By: karen on 12/12/20 at 3:11 am

From Australia:  Coronavirus vaccines scrapped due to HIV positive tests.

https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress.com/2020/12/11/coronavirus-vaccine-is-causing-hiv-positive-tests/

Just the beginning, 1000's of doses are being started here in US early next week, health care providers and nursing homes we're told.  Sure happy I'm not one of these people.

This is a different vaccine to the one being used already in the U.K.

It was developed by an Australian company and during the first phase of testing some volunteers were shown to have a false positive test for HIV as well. Follow up tests revealed that they had not developed HIV.

This is why they do phased trials

Edited to add the article you linked to repeatedly uses the words false positive, thus showing that the vaccine hasn’t actually given anyone HIV. Not that you’d spot that from the headline.

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/20 at 9:59 am

I've only had positive experiences with doctors/medicine. Granted, I don't need to go often. I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and depression when I was 16. I was given medication for my anxiety, but also sent to youth group therapy sessions and went through cognitive behavioural therapy and it turned my life around. I was only on the meds for a few months.

What's funny is my anxiety meds only cost a couple of bucks and I needed them for only a few months. Doctors/therapy were free, because Canada.

I could've been taking grape SEEDS for $20 every 2-3 months for a lifetime instead, from small family business Swanson Health Products with $500 million revenue in 2015 who are not interested in my money in any way. The way I got hoodwinked by Big Pharma...  :\'(

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 2:18 pm

The more years one lives the more docs they MAY be going to....my first MD was a pregnancy at 25 and childbirth :) :)

Too bad you "guys" were NOT given the chance at pregnancy, god sure did do you all a big favor, but your mothers sure did their share...

Written By: Howard on 12/12/20 at 3:11 pm

Howard, I did plenty of doctors in my early life and believe learned NOTHING from
them...and had some negative side effects from t heir drugs.  Had  a  few good doctors along the way, but I can count them on one hand.

As I've said I've been studying and working with supplements for 30 yrs and going to Dr. Google and my friends and it works for me....

If a  person has the motivation and desire to heal thyself it's very doable, at least very manageable. 

I was in my early 50's when I began my work and have  made it to 82 and as I said 2020 is the first year and decades NO DOC APPTS.....

How about the dentists or periodontists? ???

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 4:47 pm

How about the dentists or periodontists? ???

Ok Howard, how about this one:  I've been to dentists from my early early life, and lots of sugar and carb consumption....and for all that, plenty of dental work, including crowns, bridgework, some root canals,,,all the STUFF the dentists love...

But over 10 yrs ago, yep in my 70's and everyone can do this much younger if they choose to, I have NOT been to a dentist.

I cut way way back on sugars and refined carbs for starters and then with the wonderful aid of Grape Seed Extract for GOOD GUM HEALTH, and Coconut Oil Toothpaste (Now Foods brand)...  I HAVE NOT brought bread into my house in way over 10 yrs, and people love love breads, breads are not our teeth's friends...

I first started to change it all when I started to refuse x-rays at the dentist offices, that was over 10 yrs ago.....

EYE SUPPORT
Now on eye docs, and I did my share there, and again started over  10 yrs ago with my eye supports:  Grape Seed Extract, Lutein, Vit C, a homeopathic to prevent cataracts and here again no eye doc appts in over 10 yrs.....and I have no cataracts, or other eye diseases, my eyes are good...my 2 scripts for reading and distance are well over 14 yrs old...and they still work good. 

All these changes don't happen overnight but for many then can happen earlier if they care to hear other's stories...

Everyone here has poo poo'd just all I have offered and that is OK, if they want to keep docs/dentists/eye docs wealthy that is their choice....

Keep well Howard and take some steps to change, and I can say at least you are open to hearing of Change....

Check for new replies or respond here...