inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nanny State - British Origin (I didn't know this)

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/07/20 at 3:15 pm

Every day as it goes on beyond 10 months now, I believe this is what we have all been under...Many have defied, and MANY have not and will not.  Just hearing some on radio calling in and saying...they NEVER changed their lifestyles.....

The SKY continues to Fall in many lives...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanny_state

Now  hearing the Loco CA Gov spending $80Million on billboards to remind people of masking, distancing and sanitizers....and the push on the late versions of SmartPhones on an virus detecting message for you and  your people to "play with"....good lord, when will it end.....He's NUTS....

Subject: Re: Nanny State - British Origin (I didn't know this)

Written By: karen on 12/07/20 at 4:52 pm

I can’t actually understand what point you are trying to make here.  You write like Trump talks - just a random scattering of partial sentences, with little structure or coherence.

I think you are supporting people who don’t wear masks, socially distance wash hands frequently etc. Maybe if everyone actually did these things it wouldn’t have taken ten months (and more) for us to get on top of the situation

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/07/20 at 6:16 pm

Actually, I'm waking  up more to what Trump has been saying for months...and talking  here as a person who has never worn a mask, does not use sanitizers and allows people in her house masked or unmasked....And I'm fine....and as I've said many times, take personal responsibility for my own health and don't count on others to protect me, as I've heard on and on and on.  good lord as I've said enough too. 

I don't need a Nanny taking care of me, and I see it all so clear  now on that origin...I babysat a lot of children, and then all of a sudden I was a nanny and that was OK, I was taking care of little ones, so again I see it clear now on that term.   

Our CA political people have done so much hypocritical actions, and it's "do as I say, not as I do, so many of them were found out in crowds, partying, no masks, but telling all of US, stay home, wear that mask, and it goes on.       

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/07/20 at 6:31 pm

I tune into a lot of covid topics on a huge group I've been a member for years...and one person makes so much sense when so so many keeping going on about  how sick one can get,  how they can die, and it goes on and on, and here are 2 comments recently from him and  so true:

1.  It is mild.

Just because 1 area may have more cases than other doesn't change that. At all.

Stop being terrified. Anxiety and fear kill your immune system.

It's mild. 98-99% recovery rate. Stop dwelling on the fear. Stop obsessing over the deaths in the old, immunocopmroimsed with multiple comorbidities. Just. Stop.

Get busy living or get busy dying. Pick one.

2. it's not scary.

The media keeps telling you that over and over and over and over and over...

Anxiety and fear are ruling your life.... you cough OMG!!!! I coughed!!! DO I HAVE COVID?????

The terror intensifies .... OMG I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!

Then you realize you just needed a drink of water.

Stop. Being. Terrified.)))))

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/08/20 at 9:40 am

If you don't want to accept the advice of the experts like Fauci and Birx that's your affair.  What I don't get is why you insist on justifying your position.  For me. at least I DON"T CARE.  I prefer to listen to the scientists rather than the crackpots

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 11:52 am

I prefer to keep my liberties and be free of losing them by the nanny state mentalities and actions out there and it's strong.  Just heard a constitutional attorney last night and Wake Up Folks, it's going on.  Those who want to be sheep, be my guest...

Jonathan Emord kept me glued to his presentation last night.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/emord-jonathan-46200/

Nanny state topics:  wear that mask,  keep your distance, don't go to school, restaurants and many other establishments, and get that rushed load of vaccines.... 

And as for Fauci, I certainly would NOT welcome him into my house for a fireside chat...no way Jose'......this guy has been stuck in swinging doors for decades, and cashing his huge paychecks....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/20 at 1:21 pm

You don't like masks. We get that. We also get that people like you don't care about their fellow human beings.

You are correct that it has a 98-99% recovery rate. But what about that 1-2%? Personally I wouldn't want any of my family or friends to be part of that-would you? And no one knows the long-term effects that having Covid will take.

If you want to risk your life, that is your right but you do NOT have the right to risk other people's lives. By going out without  mask, you are at risk of infecting others. It is nice that you have lived a long life, but what about the young mother who doesn't use grape seeds? If she just happens to be that 1%, her child will have to grow up without a mother because people like you choose not to wear a mask. Or what about someone who works in a long-term care facility? This spreads like wildfire and by not wearing a mask is like putting lighter fluid all over.

Then there are the health care workers. Because people choose not to wear masks, hospitals are getting overwhelmed with "mild" cases. There are some hospitals that are rationing care because they are just maxed out. And hopefully, you don't get a heart attack or get in a car accident because hospitals won't be able to help you because they are too busy taking care of "mild" Covid cases.

If EVERYONE would wear a mask, we could get this disease under control but because of people like you who refuse to wear one, we have been dealing with this for 9 months and over 280,000 deaths in the U.S. But we all know that your "freedom" is more important than 280,000 lives.

I am just amazed at how selfish people can be by NOT wearing a simple piece of cloth that would help others.

Cat

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 1:24 pm

Cat, it's amazing how so many here talk like the "mask" is the answer!!!!!!

I suppose all the info out there about the little the mask does, means nothing...OK

Immune system, immune system that is the answer, not hiding behind masks....

Written By: Elor on 12/08/20 at 1:27 pm

I suppose all the info out there about the little the mask does, means nothing...OK
It's not the answer but it's part of the answer.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 1:29 pm

It's not the answer but it's part of the answer.

Well there are plenty out there wearing them,,,and the news hitting the public daily is more virus cases....  Hard to get almost 7billion wearing masks 24/7

People NEED to take personal responsibility and NOT end up in  hospitals with "mild cases"...omg...

50cents a day or so for some good immune system builders!!!!!!

Written By: Elor on 12/08/20 at 1:40 pm

Well there are plenty out there wearing them,,,and the news hitting the public daily is more virus cases....  Hard to get almost 7billion wearing masks 24/7
Do you know what exponential growth is? Here is a simple explanation: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200812-exponential-growth-bias-the-numerical-error-behind-covid-19

Without containing the virus the number of infections would grow very fast. Since it doesn't it seems those masks and social distancing do a lot to keep the virus away.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/20 at 1:54 pm

The mask is what we have NOW. No it is not the answer but it can keep this under control if EVERYONE were to wear one. Yeah, Immune system-it is great if you can get it. My brother-in-law is on dialysis. Yeah, it would be great if he had an immune system. I also have a dear friend who is Type 1 diabetic. Yeah, an immune system would be great.

There are studies that masks DO work. Look at South Korea and Japan where wearing masks are widespread and how many cases/deaths they have. Not as many as the U.S. You are the one who refuses to see the info that is out there.

And there are A LOT of people NOT wearing masks which is why the hospitals are overflowing. And YES, people who do not wear masks are SELFISH!!!

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/08/20 at 2:02 pm

And I suppose all the info out there on how mask wearing can help prevent droplet transfer means nothing to you does it?

What about people receiving chemotherapy? Or with an autoimmune disease such as Lupus. These people didn’t ask to become ill. You can help protect them from this virus,  but choose not to.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 3:24 pm

Cat, it's truly  stunning how so  many talk about how the mask controls, and you can say that perhaps living in a state of about 700,000 population, my state CA comes in about over 40million,,,,much much easier to control 700,000 vs 40,000,000.

And then even the country of Canada with about 30some million vs the population of CA alone....

And then there is the population of NY with probably 20some million total..

And  how many in CA and NY are not even legal citizens.

All this has to be taken into account when talking about controlling it all.... 

Bottom line, it's like a breeze to control small masses vs large masses....am I the only one that sees this, gets it????

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 3:39 pm

And I suppose all the info out there on how mask wearing can help prevent droplet transfer means nothing to you does it?

What about people receiving chemotherapy? Or with an autoimmune disease such as Lupus. These people didn’t ask to become ill. You can help protect them from this virus,  but choose not to.

Oh nobody asks for cancers, lupus, RA, OA etc etc ect but so much does happen and so many do work on prevention and that does work for many.  If people knew what may happen down the road in their lives, they would do no life....  If I knew of the dangers and damage from my years of sugars MAYBE I would have done things differently and MAYBE not gone out dancing for years.....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/20 at 5:10 pm

Cat, it's truly  stunning how so  many talk about how the mask controls, and you can say that perhaps living in a state of about 700,000 population, my state CA comes in about over 40million,,,,much much easier to control 700,000 vs 40,000,000.

And then even the country of Canada with about 30some million vs the population of CA alone....

Bottom line, it's like a breeze to control small masses vs large masses....am I the only one that sees this, gets it????

It is not a matter of "controlling" people. It is a matter of people doing the RIGHT THING which it is obvious that you and so many others are against.

So let's just leave it at that. You don't care about others so you will not do the right thing. End of discussion!

And please, don't start another thread about masks. We have enough of them.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/09/20 at 11:25 am

This is a red herring.  60-70% of Vermonters wear masks - with NO MANDATE, just a suggestion, because we Vermonters care about our neighbors.  There is no reason 60-70% of Californians couldn't wear them IF THEY GAVE A DAMN.  And what does legal status have to do with anything?  I also have to question the 1-2% figure.  1-2% is about the death rate for seasonal flue, COVID is higher, like 5-6%.  But whatever the rate we have lost over HALF A MILLION people needlessly, and counting, and that 1/2 million died during the summer, when this was supposed to miraculously  disappear. 

We have a saying here in VT, "do what you want, just don't scare the horses".  People have the right to take whatever risks they like, until that risky behavior impacts others.  It's called "the social contract" and it's what allows us to all live together. 

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 12:00 pm

Lots of judgments about how others live their lives.    And CA care about their neighbors and friends and family and people in general....Many including myself have been said to be of the "bleeding heart ".....    One thing I've seen in and lived in this CA state for 55 yrs, no judgments to speak of.....Live and Let Live.

When I left the East 55 yrs ago I left behind huge judgmental people.  Thanks .... 

Reminds me of the flack I even got from my own sister when I moved to CA and found what a "new life"... loved the diversity, people from all over the world, similar I guess to NY only warm weather 365, well my sister who lived and died in the East all her life, but traveled the world for pleasure and business, did say "the East is changing".... she talked about moving West for years but never did....Loved her and we had differences, but that is A-OK....

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/12/20 at 11:32 am

Good God, this forum has gone so far downhill in just a few short weeks.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 2:15 pm

:) :)

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 2:54 pm

Good God, this forum has gone so far downhill in just a few short weeks.

Has it?  Look at it this way, gives you more reasons to complain.... :)

And more thinking, the more interesting STUFF on forums the more interesting overall..some forums are so boring and some very active and interesting.... it all depends on where a person wants to "stay" with all the stuff we can learn or choose not to out there...

It's good to know people  who are interested and interesting.

Check for new replies or respond here...