inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 7000 Attend NYC Maskless Wedding

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/07/20 at 8:12 pm

I  just heard this on my radio and could not believe it, so looked it up and sure enough a huge Jewish wedding in Nov.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/yetev-lev-fined-maskless-wedding_n_5fbcdfc8c5b66bb88c614732

I have no comments to make here, but thought a newsy FYI.

Subject: Re: 7000 Attend NYC Maskless Wedding

Written By: Sman12 on 12/08/20 at 7:57 am

Ugh, these people (and others like them) are deepening the virus spread. It's so pathetic.  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/20 at 7:59 am

No comment too!

Written By: Howard on 12/08/20 at 2:12 pm

Ugh, these people (and others like them) are deepening the virus spread. It's so pathetic.  >:(

Some people just don't care sometimes.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 2:16 pm

Some people just don't care sometimes.

Maybe those 7000 just don't live in fear, and I wonder how many of them have been  hospitalized and (fill in the rest), maybe none....

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/08/20 at 6:10 pm

I don’t get how you can have a 7000 person wedding. I can’t even think of 70 people I’d want if I was to do that again (which I won’t). But wow, that would be about as much as the entire nearest city.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/08/20 at 6:14 pm

They should have just called it a BLM protest and it would have been fine.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/08/20 at 6:42 pm

I don’t get how you can have a 7000 person wedding. I can’t even think of 70 people I’d want if I was to do that again (which I won’t). But wow, that would be about as much as the entire nearest city.

Did you read the background of how and why the huge group, a rabbi's grandson getting married, guess this sect of jews do this sort of stuff...

Written By: Howard on 12/09/20 at 4:00 am

Maybe those 7000 just don't live in fear, and I wonder how many of them have been  hospitalized and (fill in the rest), maybe none....

Out of 7,000 people? I don't know how many got hospitalized.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/20 at 4:01 am

There must be a capacity of how many can fit in a room?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/20 at 5:11 am

I’d hate to be the guy who had to pay for that wedding reception.  :P

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 6:55 am

Did you read the background of how and why the huge group, a rabbi's grandson getting married, guess this sect of jews do this sort of stuff...

No I didn’t read the story. Thanks for the quick explanation.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/09/20 at 9:06 am

Mass Wedding of Unification  Church members ("Moonies") in South Korea in 2013:

http://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/2/18/9/enhanced-buzz-5645-1361199518-4.jpg?downsize=700%3A%2A&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto

I remember when "Moonies" were a thing here in the 70s, they did something similar at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/09/20 at 10:49 am

What's this "live in fear" crap?  There's a big difference between living in fear and taking simple, reasonable precautions, as any rational person knows

Written By: Elor on 12/09/20 at 11:26 am

What's this "live in fear" crap?  There's a big difference between living in fear and taking simple, reasonable precautions, as any rational person knows

Maybe she wants to tell the relatives of these people too that they are just living in fear and should not wear masks...

An old grade school buddy of mine (I had not seen him since 1973) just succumbed to Covid in a nursing home where he had been staying. I researched the home, and it turns out that 90% of its residents tested positive for the dreaded virus.  :-\\

One of my customers (she is 71) caught the virus whilst shopping for a nursing home for her father in law.

Moral of the story... stay away from nursing homes while all of this is going on. And if you have the capability to take somebody out of one, that. Would be the thing to do.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/09/20 at 11:45 am

Why don't people listen? Wear a mask it's so simple. ::)

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 11:54 am

Choice, Options etc etc etc

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 11:55 am

On the massive weddings many are long lived traditions...from around the world.  And some live on.    And many are broken.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/09/20 at 12:06 pm

They think its funny to kill their own grandparents this way too 😐

Written By: wixness on 12/09/20 at 1:11 pm

I've seen someone's house with a bit of paper saying that face masks were mind control. They insisted on a mask that looked more complicated that they believed were more effective in blocking the virus (it went over the eyes), but face masks made of cloth, combined with social distancing, are the most cost-effective solution we have.

I can understand that the pandemic can be hard for people, but this anti-mask rhetoric and the 5G crap and Bill Gates crap about the vaccine, to me, signals a society that's beginning to turn their ears towards medieval superstitions. Bill Gates isn't as influential I believe as when he was more directly involved with Microsoft - he's already sitting quite comfortably on piles of cash, based on what Microsoft's done to push themselves towards market dominance for PCs. I don't see how he would benefit from trying to control anyone with the vaccine, when the system already serves him more than well enough (i.e. companies lobbying for governments to help them more).

I don't really understand it too. At least in the US in particular, where the death toll is the highest, it's not like government and big companies are even suffering from forcing people to go to work in person. In a few cases, they may even benefit from forcing people to go to work in person.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 1:21 pm

This "high death toll" in the US, of some 340Million people may be 2-4%, I hear different numbers almost daily, and of course, none of the media talks about all those dead have chronic conditions, like cancer, heart disease, COPD and it goes on and on.....

Written By: wixness on 12/09/20 at 1:24 pm

This "high death toll" in the US, of some 340Million people may be 2-4%, I hear different numbers almost daily, and of course, none of the media talks about all those dead have chronic conditions, like cancer, heart disease, COPD and it goes on and on.....
Symptomatic of the American lifestyle that encourages automobile use to even leave the house, overwork, dependence on large corporations to even live healthily and where the food tends to be poor excuses by companies to make a profit over providing any meaningful nutritional value.

Written By: karen on 12/09/20 at 1:25 pm

It still doesn’t make it ok that they died

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 2:04 pm

It still doesn’t make it ok that they died

Who is saying it's OK????????    Amazing the words that creep into conversations that are NEVER spoken or  alluded to.    Good LORD....

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 2:11 pm

Symptomatic of the American lifestyle that encourages automobile use to even leave the house, overwork, dependence on large corporations to even live healthily and where the food tends to be poor excuses by companies to make a profit over providing any meaningful nutritional value.

Life is Living, Everything in Between, and Finally Death...  My friend has a cousin who is 104 and still hanging on...He was still doing light running at our nearby park when he was in his 90's.....

Oh I see he died peacefully in August.

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/stories/in-memoriam-robert-finkelstein-104-physicist-and-professor-emeritus

Written By: karen on 12/09/20 at 3:15 pm

Who is saying it's OK????????    Amazing the words that creep into conversations that are NEVER spoken or  alluded to.    Good LORD....

OK, maybe you have not directly said that, but many of your posts imply that you are annoyed by any action suggested that might protect people from getting Covid because the only ones dying are already ill. I am not the only to think this from what you have posted. Perhaps you need to be clearer when you post statements about people who have died. Try using full sentences and not tailing off into... as posters here are apparently misinterpreting what you mean by...

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/09/20 at 3:48 pm

OK, maybe you have not directly said that, but many of your posts imply that you are annoyed by any action suggested that might protect people from getting Covid because the only ones dying are already ill. I am not the only to think this from what you have posted. Perhaps you need to be clearer when you post statements about people who have died. Try using full sentences and not tailing off into... as posters here are apparently misinterpreting what you mean by...
True. A vaccine is supposed to protect people from Covid-19 and end the pandemic, but she thinks it is a bad thing, she thinks the pandemic is good yet she's worried about people dying which is very ironic.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 4:48 pm

And those who want to think this RUSHED world of vaccines to stop/cure covid in my opinion are dreamers...There is so little proof of the safety of these rushed vaccines, and I've posted info already on deaths from the Pfizer vacs....to NOT question what they are injecting into your body is being very  blind and deaf. 

But you all do what you all choose...I choose NOT that route....And I have NOT for about 40 yrs....and not going to start now, covid or whatever virus we are hit with. 

And by all means don't work on your own immune system, that would just plain dumb. 

I just heard and hr of Dr. Kelly Victory on my local radio and she and the Fauci world are worlds apart....she again said hospitals are writing up death certificates as being from covid as hospitals make a LOT of money from medicare and other health agencies for this reason...they are cheating, changing codes....  Many hospitals are suffering due to not doing all their normal surgeries, etc.... 

I said it months ago and saying it again the lies are so dark and deep in all this....

Peace out folks...

Written By: Howard on 12/10/20 at 4:41 am

I’d hate to be the guy who had to pay for that wedding reception.  :P

I wonder how much it cost?  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/10/20 at 4:42 am

Exactly. O0

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/10/20 at 9:56 am

Stubborn people are everywhere my friend, its just how strict and effective the restrictions are. Even the most stubborn people in China are like "I'm losing my business because of this fake virus!," people were yelling that out loud in Wuhan at night when they were in 76 day lockdown. Even Australia and New Zealand has stubborn people, its just the restrictions that are put in place

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/10/20 at 10:48 am

And those who want to think this RUSHED world of vaccines to stop/cure covid in my opinion are dreamers...There is so little proof of the safety of these rushed vaccines, and I've posted info already on deaths from the Pfizer vacs....to NOT question what they are injecting into your body is being very  blind and deaf. 

But you all do what you all choose...I choose NOT that route....And I have NOT for about 40 yrs....and not going to start now, covid or whatever virus we are hit with. 

And by all means don't work on your own immune system, that would just plain dumb. 

I just heard and hr of Dr. Kelly Victory on my local radio and she and the Fauci world are worlds apart....she again said hospitals are writing up death certificates as being from covid as hospitals make a LOT of money from medicare and other health agencies for this reason...they are cheating, changing codes....  Many hospitals are suffering due to not doing all their normal surgeries, etc.... 

I said it months ago and saying it again the lies are so dark and deep in all this....

Peace out folks...

Here's the lowdown on Kelly Victory: https://quackwatch.org/11ind/a-skeptical-look-at-kelly-victory-m-d/

Here's a summary: I gather from all this that Dr. Victory was trained in emergency medicine and disaster preparedness, practiced emergency medicine for a few years, and then transitioned into administrative and consulting work. Her main experience—as part of a large team at Whole Health Management for six years— involved administrative supervision of a thriving chain of company clinics. Despite extensive online searching, I have found nothing about her professional activities since 2008. The people I trust most for advice about COVID-19 have extensive training, clinical experience, and research expertise in the fields of infectious disease, epidemiology, immunology, and statistics and are networked with other experts in these fields. She does not fit this description.

So she is a rather sketchy source on CIVID.

As to hospitals faking COVID deaths, we have heard this conspiracy theory before, with ZERO proof

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/10/20 at 12:27 pm

Carlos, you don't need to give me the "low down" on Victory, I've been following her since all this STUFF hit the world in early March.....I'll follow her all I want and I like where she leads me and others vs the other "experts".....

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/10/20 at 12:35 pm

Carlos, you don't need to give me the "low down" on Victory, I've been following her since all this STUFF hit the world in early March.....I'll follow her all I want and I like where she leads me and others vs the other "experts".....

What makes you think my post was aimed at you?  Kind of arrogant on your part don't you think?  We all know that you are hopelessly enthralled by all the latest conspiracy theories but the rest of rational folks like to know the credentials of sources.  In this case a fringe medico

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/10/20 at 12:44 pm

What makes you think my post was aimed at you?  Kind of arrogant on your part don't you think?  We all know that you are hopelessly enthralled by all the latest conspiracy theories but the rest of rational folks like to know the credentials of sources.  In this case a fringe medico

I see where you say Dr. Victory is "rather sketchy on Covid"....ummm, there are 1000's out there that seem to know some or nothing about this covid mess....

And even some who have said it's a tough flu.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/11/20 at 10:25 am

I see where you say Dr. Victory is "rather sketchy on Covid"....ummm, there are 1000's out there that seem to know some or nothing about this covid mess....

And even some who have said it's a tough flu.

Unlike socio-politcal issues, where the majority opinion actually matters (or should) when it comes to scientific issues, not so much.  The majority once believed that the sun revolved around the earth, which was at the center of the universe.  Their belief didn't make it so.  Dr Victory has no expertise in the areas of infectious diseases or immunology so her comments on COVID  are not authoritative but sketchy.  I'm a doctor (of philosophy - Ph.D Rutgers) and the most important thing I learned is to recognize what I don't know, and to recognize that in others.  As Danial Patrick Moynihan said "you are entitled to your own opinions, but NOT to your own facts"

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/11/20 at 2:17 pm

Unlike socio-politcal issues, where the majority opinion actually matters (or should) when it comes to scientific issues, not so much.  The majority once believed that the sun revolved around the earth, which was at the center of the universe.  Their belief didn't make it so.  Dr Victory has no expertise in the areas of infectious diseases or immunology so her comments on COVID  are not authoritative but sketchy.  I'm a doctor (of philosophy - Ph.D Rutgers) and the most important thing I learned is to recognize what I don't know, and to recognize that in others.  As Danial Patrick Moynihan said "you are entitled to your own opinions, but NOT to your own facts"

Funny story about PhD’s, DC. Many years ago, me and my boss were interviewing candidates for a job. I would talk to them first, then the boss would do Round Two.

I interviewed this one guy whose resume was impressive, and he had a Master’s Degree in our field. So he passed Round One and I sent him over to the boss for the second round.

He did not make it past Round Two. My boss also was impressed with his credentials, and asked “gee, I see that you have an MS. Do you think you’ll pursue a doctorate?”  The candidate replied “Nah, every PhD I know has his head up his arse.”

My boss was a well regarded research engineer with a PhD.  ;D. End of interview.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:05 pm

Stubborn people are everywhere my friend, its just how strict and effective the restrictions are. Even the most stubborn people in China are like "I'm losing my business because of this fake virus!," people were yelling that out loud in Wuhan at night when they were in 76 day lockdown. Even Australia and New Zealand has stubborn people, its just the restrictions that are put in place

Some people just don't like restrictions, that's just the way it is.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 4:25 pm

Some people just don't like restrictions, that's just the way it is.

Smart people who THINK for themselves...we need restrictions in some areas but NOT all our lives....

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 4:35 pm

Just heard 1 hr on KABC radio with Dr. Kelly Victory (that phoney)....and with all the people calling in with questions and their stories.  She is on every day and has been for months.. The few subjects that stand out are:

1.  There is no law for all the restaurant closures, and althou she does NOT endorse civil disobedience, people in masses need to take positions on this major issue and all the job losses etc.. There are lawsuits going on now by people who have $$$ to sue. 

2.  At least 3-5K of Vit D3 daily, and 50mg Zinc....I take 5-10K of D and just upped my zinc recently.

3.  Believes Ivermectin and Hydrochlorquine(sp) are good OLD drugs for this virus.  Under doc's supervision.    She has a  lot of ???? about the rushed vaccines.

4.  Believes if CA Disneyland would take a strong position and open  up, so so many people would be back to work...CA  Disneyland is one of the few in the world still closed...

Our great DEM politicians in this CA state. :(

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/12/20 at 10:11 am

Funny story about PhD’s, DC. Many years ago, me and my boss were interviewing candidates for a job. I would talk to them first, then the boss would do Round Two.

I interviewed this one guy whose resume was impressive, and he had a Master’s Degree in our field. So he passed Round One and I sent him over to the boss for the second round.

He did not make it past Round Two. My boss also was impressed with his credentials, and asked “gee, I see that you have an MS. Do you think you’ll pursue a doctorate?”  The candidate replied “Nah, every PhD I know has his head up his arse.”

My boss was a well regarded research engineer with a PhD.  ;D. End of interview.

Well, education is funny.  To get a BA you learn a little about a lot.  For a MA you learn more about less, and for a Ph.D. you learn MUCH more about MUCH less.  ;)
But seriously, I've learned not to take my credentials to seriously

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 2:16 pm

:) :)

Check for new replies or respond here...