inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Post-Corona Will be a Very Different World...

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/20 at 8:46 pm

As I've always said, even if the pandemic itself ends next year, the effects of it as well as the effects of all other events from this year will linger on for the rest of the decade. I feel like some sort of reset is happening. Rich people are flocking away from New York and California. The civil unrest could turn to a full-blown civil ware in America too. Here in Canada, Prime Minister Trudeau even admitted the CERB program doubles as a trial-run for UBI. I predict a very different world from all of this, which is why I feel this decade truly began in 2020 culturally.

Subject: Re: Post-Corona Will be a Very Different World...

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 9:27 pm

I think we may see masks as a requirement not just for covid, but for flu and whatever. Even in 2019 we had more school shutdowns for flu than I’ve seen in a long time. Hospitals overwhelmed, tens of thousands dead. And that’s WITH a vaccine available. The covid vaccine might be 90% effective on the current strain, but if it changes it will become as hit or miss as the flu vaccine.

I’m hoping lockdowns won’t become the normal way of dealing with things we don’t have an easy solution for. But I’m afraid it will.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 9:40 pm

OP: You say rich are leaving  CA and NY...Never heard this one...People of lower income with families who have lost jobs and houses and apts during this mess, some are leaving for NV and TX I'm  hearing, but flocks of the rich leaving hadn't heard that one....

We don't know  how the decade will  unfold but I prefer to not dwell on the gloom. 

Come to think of it, I heard J Bezos has  his 2  bizillion$ estates for sale, he is moving to Austin TX is what I heard on radio.    He's not a friend of mine, I support the ebay sellers... 

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/20 at 9:50 pm

I think the world has changed forever but moving forward I don't think the pandemic will matter anymore. By 2022 the pandemic will (hopefully) be in the rear view mirror and no one will want to talk or think about it. We'll have new things to worry about then and that's what will consume our attentions.

Like I can't imagine someone thinking "I didn't want to go to restaurants or theatres in 2020 so I won't go now that it's 2022", we're just not wired to think that way.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/09/20 at 9:51 pm

As I've always said, even if the pandemic itself ends next year, the effects of it as well as the effects of all other events from this year will linger on for the rest of the decade. I feel like some sort of reset is happening. Rich people are flocking away from New York and California. The civil unrest could turn to a full-blown civil ware in America too. Here in Canada, Prime Minister Trudeau even admitted the CERB program doubles as a trial-run for UBI. I predict a very different world from all of this, which is why I feel this decade truly began in 2020 culturally.

Except for the Civil War part, everything you say is pretty accurate. Even in the 60s during all the unrest people were saying "a Civil War is coming". It's just one of those things that people always say. Like, every time there's some big, massive tragedy, people always say "Today America lost it's innocence". They said it when JFK was killed. They said it when the Twin Towers fell. They even said it during Watergate. How many times can a country lose it's innocence?

I think we may see masks as a requirement not just for covid, but for flu and whatever. Even in 2019 we had more school shutdowns for flu than I’ve seen in a long time. Hospitals overwhelmed, tens of thousands dead. And that’s WITH a vaccine available. The covid vaccine might be 90% effective on the current strain, but if it changes it will become as hit or miss as the flu vaccine.

I’m hoping lockdowns won’t become the normal way of dealing with things we don’t have an easy solution for. But I’m afraid it will.

I'm thinking that maybe now that people have "gotten used" to wearing masks, that in the future, during contagious times, they may just put them on of their own volition. Having already done it. This would be a preferable circumstance because it would be people's own idea and maybe we can get away from this ridiculous politicizing of things that are not political.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/20 at 10:03 pm

OP: You say rich are leaving  CA and NY...Never heard this one...People of lower income with families who have lost jobs and houses and apts during this mess, some are leaving for NV and TX I'm  hearing, but flocks of the rich leaving hadn't heard that one....

We don't know  how the decade will  unfold but I prefer to not dwell on the gloom.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wealthy-new-yorkers-fleeing-city-could-be-big-blow-for-taxes-2020-11

A lot of businesses are jumping ship too. California and New York can look extremely different a couple years from now and NYC may be on track to becoming the next Detroit.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/20 at 10:04 pm

I think the world has changed forever but moving forward I don't think the pandemic will matter anymore. By 2022 the pandemic will (hopefully) be in the rear view mirror and no one will want to talk or think about it. We'll have new things to worry about then and that's what will consume our attentions.

Like I can't imagine someone thinking "I didn't want to go to restaurants or theatres in 2020 so I won't go now that it's 2022", we're just not wired to think that way.

Restaurants and theatres may not be affected, and I agree why would they, but other effects will linger on.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 10:13 pm

On another note, I think working from home will become more acceptable and desired. And hopefully the expansion of high speed internet to make that possible. Why deal with rush hour, storms, and the extra cost just to commute to the office every day? Do it from home and not have to ship the kids to daycare too. Same with video conferencing. Why go through the hassle and expense of flying across the country or world if you don’t really have to? And online college classes. Why put up the cost and hassle of living on campus if it’s been shown that many classes can be done from home? Online shopping will continue to expand but that’s been increasing long before the pandemic.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/09/20 at 10:16 pm

In Wuhan though, the once epicenter of the pandemic (Before,was an epidemic), people just use mask as either a fashion trend or a safety net though its no longer mandated

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/20 at 10:17 pm

The past two flu seasons had no chill. Whatever it was that was flying around late 2019/early 2020 was very nasty. My brother developed bronchitis as a result of it and spent a solid 2-3 months hacking and coughing.  He caught it at a party, apparently all his friends didn't fare much better.

The 2018/19 flu season was also the deadliest in the a long time I believe. I caught it at the gym and was bedridden for the entire holidays. Some people at the gym who were regulars didn't show up for months.

This was back when I'd touch equipment without cleaning it, touch my phone and not clean up or anything, I can't imagine living that way post-2020 lol.  Not sure if it's kosher to link Tiktoks but basically https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJqhqg49/

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/09/20 at 10:19 pm

On another note, I think working from home will become more acceptable and desired. And hopefully the expansion of high speed internet to make that possible. Why deal with rush hour, storms, and the extra cost just to commute to the office every day? Do it from home and not have to ship the kids to daycare too. Same with video conferencing. Why go through the hassle and expense of flying across the country or world if you don’t really have to? And online college classes. Why put up the cost and hassle of living on campus if it’s been shown that many classes can be done from home? Online shopping will continue to expand but that’s been increasing long before the pandemic.
A lot of high school students including I had lots of trouble with online school, we felt fatigued, bored, and distracted as we couldn't see our friends face to face. Thankfully, regular schooling is mostly back aside from a few modifications that will be lifted once the vaccine comes

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/20 at 10:25 pm

I think this as well. Even before the pandemic you saw things like this increasing. It will probably be the norm after (although the option will still remain, many will prefer to do things remotely).

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/20 at 10:29 pm

This was back when I'd touch equipment without cleaning it, touch my phone and not clean up or anything, I can't imagine living that way post-2020 lol.  Not sure if it's kosher to link Tiktoks but basically https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJqhqg49/

Yeah it's funny thinking back now in my university they had cleaning stations and encouraged everyone to wipe and clean the gym equipment with towel and cleaning liquid after using it. Myself and most people didn't do it. But I can imagine it would be more common after the pandemic with the virus still being fresh in everyone's minds.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/09/20 at 10:31 pm

A lot of high school students including I had lots of trouble with online school, we felt fatigued, bored, and distracted as we couldn't see our friends face to face. Thankfully, regular schooling is mostly back aside from a few modifications that will be lifted once the vaccine comes

Yes, back to school rooms, including college, my grandson  has put his life on  hold for Pepperdine to open up...and this young man and his sister are not waiting for any vaccine...who knows maybe it will be scrapped if a lot of health issues unfold...and the younger and healither if it's still around, could be a year away.   

So much is to unfold folks...

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/20 at 10:38 pm

I think this as well. Even before the pandemic you saw things like this increasing. It will probably be the norm after (although the option will still remain, many will prefer to do things remotely).

I agree. I think the main affect of this pandemic will be to take changes that were and going to take place over 10 years and shrink it down to 1. More work from home, more online shopping, more distance courses, more delivery apps etc.

I'm kind of curious as to what will happen to places like gyms or public transport. I know a lot of people including myself who've got cars or built home gyms over this pandemic, I wonder if we'll see them struggling over the next few years. Public transport might take a double whammy from higher car ownership + more work from home.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/09/20 at 10:41 pm

The past two flu seasons had no chill. Whatever it was that was flying around late 2019/early 2020 was very nasty. My brother developed bronchitis as a result of it and spent a solid 2-3 months hacking and coughing.  He caught it at a party, apparently all his friends didn't fare much better.

The 2018/19 flu season was also the deadliest in the a long time I believe. I caught it at the gym and was bedridden for the entire holidays. Some people at the gym who were regulars didn't show up for months.

My mom had something about a year ago where she was coughing horribly for like 3 weeks. She thinks it might have been an early covid case.

2018/2019 I was bedridden with norovirus for the whole week from Christmas to New Years. I caught it during last minute Christmas shopping. Bunch of other locals had it too and it was even in the news. Bunch of my mom’s employees had it. Last season I had the regular flu a couple times and I got vaccinated too. I attributed it to my immune system being weakened from 18 days in the hospital. But I guess there could have been nastier strains going around. Even the pharmacist got it. Before 2018 I never got sick for like 5 years. It broke me from biting my nails. Unfortunately hand sanitizer doesn’t kill norovirus. Didn’t know that at the time. So I’m still using stuff I bought over a year before the pandemic.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/09/20 at 10:43 pm

Did you ever go to an airport and think  "where the HELL are all these people coming and going from?". So much of it seems so unnecessary. So many people flying "for business" don't really have to. Especially now that there are so many other ways. It's pure corporate arrogance.

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/20 at 11:38 pm

My mom had something about a year ago where she was coughing horribly for like 3 weeks. She thinks it might have been an early covid case.

2018/2019 I was bedridden with norovirus for the whole week from Christmas to New Years. I caught it during last minute Christmas shopping. Bunch of other locals had it too and it was even in the news. Bunch of my mom’s employees had it. Last season I had the regular flu a couple times and I got vaccinated too. I attributed it to my immune system being weakened from 18 days in the hospital. But I guess there could have been nastier strains going around. Even the pharmacist got it. Before 2018 I never got sick for like 5 years. It broke me from biting my nails. Unfortunately hand sanitizer doesn’t kill norovirus. Didn’t know that at the time. So I’m still using stuff I bought over a year before the pandemic.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was corona. We got our first confirmed cases in January and those people flew on an airplane, stood in line in airports, probably went to the grocery store etc. It's hard to believe there was no community spread from that until March.

Yeah I remember you mentioning norovirus, I didn't know it beat you up that badly though :o

I'm a hand sanitizer addict now but I wash my hands before I eat because of norovirus. Before this pandemic I only ever washed my hands after using the toilet, and despised sanitizers from the 2009 pandemic. They felt gross in my hands.

I lived like an animal, we should all agree not to judge each other on our pre-pandemic hygiène habits ;D

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/20 at 11:47 pm

Did you ever go to an airport and think  "where the HELL are all these people coming and going from?". So much of it seems so unnecessary. So many people flying "for business" don't really have to. Especially now that there are so many other ways. It's pure corporate arrogance.

It was pure waste plain and simple. Airports literally have conference rooms for people flying in for meetings and then flying back.  Future generations are not going to look back kindly on that with how bad flying is in terms of CO2 emissions.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 12/10/20 at 4:37 am

I think the pandemic has made people order in their food, watch films on television and order groceries online.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 12:44 pm

It will be very different for 2 children, their father killed them last week, out of work Physical Therapist, he just snapped, could not handle not working and providing for this family....and you can believe this is happening all over...children killing themselves, being killed by parent and it is just a terrible terrible nightmare --- what has gone on...

This is a So Cal story and my grandson saw the PT last year and really liked him....so TRAGIC....kids are dead and father in prison rest of like, he should get the "chair"...

I'm believing more and more it was all planned to get Trump out  of office.....

Written By: Howard on 12/11/20 at 3:08 pm

It will be very different once 2021 hits.

Written By: Elor on 12/11/20 at 3:27 pm

You are aware this this is a world wide thing and not just in the US? You know there is an entire planet out there and the US is just a small part of it? The virus first spread in China.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/20 at 3:31 pm

And this pandemic will continue through most of 2021 in some way at least. The transition to back to normal will take awhile.

Written By: karen on 12/11/20 at 3:33 pm

Yeah, because the whole world hated him that much.  ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/20 at 3:34 pm

You are aware this this is a world wide thing and not just in the US? You know there is an entire planet out there and the US is just a small part of it? The virus first spread in China.

Yup. That's why I think the QAnon conspiracy theory is ridiculous. Only Americans would come up with it thinking they are the only ones in the world.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/11/20 at 6:30 pm

True, despite China's low active case count, most Wuhan residents earlier in February 2020 were yelling out of their windows saying "LET US OUT", "CORONAVIRUS IS FAKE", "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE"

GT5gvR8ckvQ

It's very scary, especially with these kinds of stubborn and aggressive residents  :o

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/11/20 at 6:55 pm

What's one month going to change Howard? 

Oh and I've never bought a drying hand sanitizer product...what a fad.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/20 at 8:27 pm

True, despite China's low active case count, most Wuhan residents earlier in February 2020 were yelling out of their windows saying "LET US OUT", "CORONAVIRUS IS FAKE", "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE"

Zp3jH6iYrnw

It's very scary, especially with these kinds of stubborn and aggressive residents  :o

That sounds fake, unless that sound was coming from indoors. Too many echoes.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/20 at 9:02 pm

Ok dude they live in an oppressive regime with the government violating their rights and privacy on a daily basis. I don't blame them one bit...

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/11/20 at 11:15 pm

Ok dude they live in an oppressive regime with the government violating their rights and privacy on a daily basis. I don't blame them one bit...
Haha I know, its just that I wanted to show that stubborn people are not only in America

Written By: Howard on 12/12/20 at 3:14 pm

And this pandemic will continue through most of 2021 in some way at least. The transition to back to normal will take awhile.

So we will still continue to wear our masks?

Written By: Howard on 12/12/20 at 3:15 pm

What's one month going to change Howard? 

Oh and I've never bought a drying hand sanitizer product...what a fad.

What about soap and water?

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 4:59 pm

Howard, it's worked for centuries:  soap and water that is.  The sanitizer flock are loved by the producers of this stuff...

And masks,  I would say not, they will be more history one of these days  and I may escape ever wearing one.   

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/12/20 at 5:27 pm

Howard, it's worked for centuries:  soap and water that is.  The sanitizer flock are loved by the producers of this stuff...

And masks,  I would say not, they will be more history one of these days  and I may escape ever wearing one. 

Prior to the pandemic I avoided hand sanitizer like---excuse the expression---the plague. Overuse of all antibacterials (hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, etc) produces a strain of "superbug" that is immune to them. I do use it now, coming out of supermarkets and such. But I wonder about the long term effects of people using so much of this stuff now. I don't mean superbugs, I mean what this overabundance of hand sanitizer might be doing to our bodies in the long run, even if it is providing SOME degree of protection against the virus in the short run.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/12/20 at 7:59 pm

Prior to the pandemic I avoided hand sanitizer like---excuse the expression---the plague. Overuse of all antibacterials (hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, etc) produces a strain of "superbug" that is immune to them. I do use it now, coming out of supermarkets and such. But I wonder about the long term effects of people using so much of this stuff now. I don't mean superbugs, I mean what this overabundance of hand sanitizer might be doing to our bodies in the long run, even if it is providing SOME degree of protection against the virus in the short run.

Hand sanitizer is harmless.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/12/20 at 8:42 pm

I got eczema from using too much soap or hand sanitizer though  ;D I do it to kill all germs and the virus

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/12/20 at 8:49 pm

I  had one experience with it and it made my hands DRY and I can only imagine the chemicals and alcohol in that stuff....good ole mild unscented soaps and water does it for me.

Our bodies  do  survive on the germs we encounter every day in our lives...

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/12/20 at 9:29 pm

The body and immune system NEEDS to be exposed to a certain amount of germs, etc to learn how to fight them off. Due to the overuse of antibacterials in recent years this is not happening and people are more vulnerable to flu, etc. Not to mention all that alcohol and chemicals constantly absorbed into the body from hand sanitizer is NOT good. That stuff is basically toxic.

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/20 at 9:39 pm

I got eczema from using too much soap or hand sanitizer though  ;D I do it to kill all germs and the virus

You should shop around for new sanitizers. I have naturally dry skin, but I rub sanitizer 2000 times an hour and my hands turn out fine. I actually get clumps forming sometimes which I guess is the moisturizer being oversaturated.

I actually get my sanitizers and masks delivered to me by the government (home healthcare), the brands they send are Microsan Encore and Ecolab foam waterless hand sanitizer and I can vouch for them O0.

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/20 at 10:03 pm

The body and immune system NEEDS to be exposed to a certain amount of germs, etc to learn how to fight them off. Due to the overuse of antibacterials in recent years this is not happening and people are more vulnerable to flu, etc. Not to mention all that alcohol and chemicals constantly absorbed into the body from hand sanitizer is NOT good. That stuff is basically toxic.

Do you have proof of that? I couldn't find any. ???

Considering we're not ingesting it and each squirt has 0.5 ml at most if even close to that, I would not be too worried about "sanitizer poisoning".

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/12/20 at 10:25 pm

Do you have proof of that? I couldn't find any. ???

Considering we're not ingesting it and each squirt has 0.5 ml at most if even close to that, I would not be too worried about "sanitizer poisoning".

Proof here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toxic-hand-sanitizer-fda-warning-60-brands/

Excerpt:

"The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers and health care providers about the growing number of hand sanitizers that contain methanol, which can be toxic when absorbed through the skin and deadly if swallowed."

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/20 at 10:34 pm

Proof here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toxic-hand-sanitizer-fda-warning-60-brands/

Excerpt:

"The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers and health care providers about the growing number of hand sanitizers that contain methanol, which can be toxic when absorbed through the skin and deadly if swallowed."

That's for sanitizers containing methanol, not ethanol which is what sanitizer should be made of. Despite the similar sounding names they have different molecular structures. (whew I still remember my organic chemistry).

You can actually make your own sanitizer with the recreational alcohol you have. There are guides online.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/12/20 at 10:39 pm

That's for sanitizers containing methanol, not ethanol which is what sanitizer should be made of. Despite the similar sounding names they have different molecular structures. (whew I still remember my organic chemistry)

You think people are paying attention to that distinction? We have already seen with this mask/no mask controversy that the general public is basically stupid when it comes to all this. They're slapping hand sanitizer on without checking ingredients. Especially if it's free at the exit or entrance  supermarkets and the like. And the supermarket isn't paying attention either, they're supplying whatever is cheap.

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/20 at 10:51 pm

You think people are paying attention to that distinction? We have already seen with this mask/no mask controversy that the general public is basically stupid when it comes to all this. They're slapping hand sanitizer on without checking ingredients. Especially if it's free at the exit or entrance  supermarkets and the like. And the supermarket isn't paying attention either, they're supplying whatever is cheap.

You have a point since I had a mini-scare myself when I thought Health Canada recalled my sanitizer, but sanitizer and hand hygiene is an important tool in fighting off the pandemic so I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Written By: karen on 12/13/20 at 5:37 am

The rules in the U.K. are far stricter around the permitted ingredients in such products. When I searched for articles I could only find reference to the American brands that had methanol in them. No British products had to be taken off the shelves as far as I can tell

As I work in a science department in a school we mainly have alcohol free hand sanitisers available. I do a mixture of soap and hot water or hand sanitiser throughout the day. For example I use the sanitiser before picking up my pack of sandwiches from the lunch counter.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/20 at 7:34 am

What if they force you to wear one? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/13/20 at 7:38 am

That's for sanitizers containing methanol, not ethanol which is what sanitizer should be made of. Despite the similar sounding names they have different molecular structures. (whew I still remember my organic chemistry).

You can actually make your own sanitizer with the recreational alcohol you have. There are guides online.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-make-hand-sanitizer#how-to-make

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/13/20 at 2:21 pm

our bodies and hands too NEED oils and to continue to remove the oils with constant sanitizers is counter productive, same with constant bathing and showering, we are removing all the good oils.....

So many people are clean freaks and germaphobics

Nothing like good ole Soap and all the "fools" being frantic with the sanitizers.  The marketing people have done a Great Job, they have earned their bucks...cleaning out the big box stores, the markets....it's  ::) ::)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-soap-or-hand-sanitizer-best-for-stopping-coronavirus

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/13/20 at 2:33 pm

What if they force you to wear one? ???

No one can FORCE me to do anything...If and when I see my doc next spring and she won't see me without a frigging mask, I hang one on my face, and right off when I leave her office....  Otherwise, no need for me to wear one...going to my mailbox...and visiting with friends/family, NO... 

I am not out working and being told "what to do anymore".....

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/20 at 2:44 pm

our bodies and hands too NEED oils and to continue to remove the oils with constant sanitizers is counter productive, same with constant bathing and showering, we are removing all the good oils.....

Nothing like good ole Soap and all the "fools" being frantic with the sanitizers.  The marketing people have done a Great Job, they have earned their bucks...cleaning out the big box stores, the markets....it's  ::) ::)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-soap-or-hand-sanitizer-best-for-stopping-coronavirus

Soap literally works by removing the oils on your skin. And you are calling others fools... 🤦‍♂️

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/13/20 at 2:51 pm

We NEED oils and yes many are fools, don't do their research and continue to be SHEEP....

My skin is soft and a friend who uses the sanitizer cwap, has emory .board hands..

Just like many who are taking statins to lower and reduce cholesterol, listening to the dumb docs, our bodies NEED cholesterol (fats) and as we get older the brain more and more..

Wonder why so much dementia in the old population -- so  many are taking statins and their brains are being robbed and destroyed of what it needs...good fats...

Ok my fat discussion....don't believe me, do your research.

Written By: Elor on 12/13/20 at 4:01 pm

Cholesterol is actually an alcohol and not a fat.

But apart from that you are actually right and there seems to be a connection between cholesterol and dementia.

But you shouldn't belief that after all that was discovered by those evil science guys at John Hopkins University.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/20 at 4:15 pm

I don't like hand sanitizer but will use it if there is no running water-like coming out of a store or on the rare occasions when I am forced to use a port-a-potty.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/13/20 at 8:13 pm

The body and immune system NEEDS to be exposed to a certain amount of germs, etc to learn how to fight them off. Due to the overuse of antibacterials in recent years this is not happening and people are more vulnerable to flu, etc.

George Carlin had a great bit about this exact subject about 20 years ago.

WARNING: It is George Carlin after all, so this is very NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdvSMf4GWA0

I've taken his advice to heart and I almost never, ever get sick and even if I do, it's really minor. It's been so long since I've had the flu that I can't even remember the last time I did, and I don't get flu shots either. I have a job where I work outside for 8-10 hours and walk 10-15 miles every day in all kinds of weather, and I'm certain that all of that physical activity and constant exposure to the elements has to have greatly strengthened my immune system.

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/20 at 9:17 pm

WARNING: It is George Carlin after all, so this is very NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdvSMf4GWA0

I've taken his advice to heart and I almost never, ever get sick and even if I do, it's really minor. It's been so long since I've had the flu that I can't even remember the last time I did, and I don't get flu shots either. I have a job where I work outside for 8-10 hours and walk 10-15 miles every day in all kinds of weather, and I'm certain that all of that physical activity and constant exposure to the elements has to have greatly strengthened my immune system.

I think there was a thread on that video.

Anyway on the flip side I've also met clean freaks who also claim to have never fallen sick in 20+ years.

I myself didn't have the greatest hygiene practices before this pandemic, never got a flu shot in my life, been to third world countries as a kid and recovered from gruesome tropical diseases that would've got COVID-19 renamed to COVID-4, and yet I still get sick every 1-2 years. Bump into several hundred people a day (public transport, big offices, gyms, parties, conventions, etc.) and you're going to encounter something eventually.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/13/20 at 9:55 pm

Cholesterol is actually an alcohol and not a fat.

But apart from that you are actually right and there seems to be a connection between cholesterol and dementia.

But you shouldn't belief that after all that was discovered by those evil science guys at John Hopkins University.

An alcohol?????  I've heard it all..https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/cholesterol/about-cholesterol

Where did you get that J.H.U.?  Better do more searches...

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/13/20 at 10:01 pm

You should shop around for new sanitizers. I have naturally dry skin, but I rub sanitizer 2000 times an hour and my hands turn out fine. I actually get clumps forming sometimes which I guess is the moisturizer being oversaturated.

I actually get my sanitizers and masks delivered to me by the government (home healthcare), the brands they send are Microsan Encore and Ecolab foam waterless hand sanitizer and I can vouch for them O0.
Ahh nice, I usually put on lotion right after I apply hand sanitizer

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/20 at 10:02 pm

An alcohol?????  I've heard it all..https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/cholesterol/about-cholesterol

Anything that ends in -ol is an alcohol if it has the hydroxyl (OH) molecule.

Thank you @Elor for bringing back memories of organic chemistry and associated nightmares and suicide ideation ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/13/20 at 11:25 pm

I don't agree.

Written By: Elor on 12/14/20 at 3:36 am

Nothing in your link says anything about what cholesterol is apart from that it's a waxy substance.
Here is an Wikipedia excerpt about cholesterol (highlight by me):
Cholesterol (from the Ancient Greek chole- (bile) and stereos (solid), followed by the chemical suffix -ol for an alcohol) is an organic molecule. It is a sterol (or modified steroid), a type of lipid. Cholesterol is biosynthesized by all animal cells and is an essential structural component of animal cell membranes.

Cholesterol also serves as a precursor for the biosynthesis of steroid hormones, bile acid and vitamin D. Cholesterol is the principal sterol synthesized by all animals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol

And here is an excerpt about what a sterol is (highlight by me).
Sterol is a chemical compound with formula C17H28O, whose molecule is derived from that of gonane by replacement of a hydrogen atom in position 3 by a hydroxyl group. It is therefore an alcohol of gonane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterol
However it is a very common misconception that cholesterol is a fat.

Here is an  article from JHU about the increased risk of Alzheimer's in women if the cholesterol levels drop in older age:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/women_take_note__high_cholesterol_in_middle_age_not_a_risk_factor_for_alzheimers_and_other_dementias_study_suggests

Written By: Elor on 12/14/20 at 3:40 am

Thank you @Elor for bringing back memories of organic chemistry and associated nightmares and suicide ideation ;D

Boy did I hate chemistry at school. Almost as much as Latin (should have picked French instead). ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/14/20 at 4:26 am

I wouldn't say that I'm a clean freak but I do like to keep clean as much as possible but I don't go to any extremes to do so.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/20 at 4:30 am

I don't like hand sanitizer but will use it if there is no running water-like coming out of a store or on the rare occasions when I am forced to use a port-a-potty.

Cat

They have hand sanitizer machines at my job and I use them a lot after using the bathroom at work cause the soap in those bathrooms have no scent at all.

Written By: Elor on 12/14/20 at 5:43 am

I think there was a thread on that video.

This is the thread:
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=62370.0

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/14/20 at 2:21 pm

They have hand sanitizer machines at my job and I use them a lot after using the bathroom at work cause the soap in those bathrooms have no scent at all.

Scents...oh how I remember the days of all the perfumes and strong scents.  Plenty of people have sensitivites to scents, I avoid scents, but do use Essential Oils and they have  mild healing oils with scents....

Written By: Slim95 on 12/14/20 at 2:47 pm

This thing about hand sanitizers or even masks being bad for your health is complete baloney.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/14/20 at 3:31 pm

Scents...oh how I remember the days of all the perfumes and strong scents.  Plenty of people have sensitivites to scents, I avoid scents, but do use Essential Oils and they have  mild healing oils with scents....

I can't stand all those heavy perfumes. I always buy scent free laundry detergent, soap, etc. Even my dreaded hand sanitizer is "scent free" (although it smells like pure vodka due to the alcohol.) All those heavy perfumes are no good for people. I remember a brand of essential oils from the 70s called Spiritual Sky that I used to like. Strawberry, patchouli, all the 60s/70s scents. It was sold in head shops back then, it wasn't so much mainstream. I thought they were long out of business, but I looked them up online and they're still around although the product looks completely different than what I used to know, and probably smells different too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/20 at 4:20 pm

I can't stand all those heavy perfumes. I always buy scent free laundry detergent, soap, etc. Even my dreaded hand sanitizer is "scent free" (although it smells like pure vodka due to the alcohol.) All those heavy perfumes are no good for people. I remember a brand of essential oils from the 70s called Spiritual Sky that I used to like. Strawberry, patchouli, all the 60s/70s scents. It was sold in head shops back then, it wasn't so much mainstream. I thought they were long out of business, but I looked them up online and they're still around although the product looks completely different than what I used to know, and probably smells different too.

I use unscented laundry soap, too. A long time ago, when we had a rental property, we had some tenants evicted and they left a whole bunch of crap including laundry soap. I think it was Gain. I tried to use it but it made me sick to my stomach.

One time, my SIL was heading to the store and asked if I needed anything. I told her laundry soap. I told her I was particular to the brand just as long at it was unscented. Priorities.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 12/14/20 at 4:36 pm

My family (parents and brother mainly) bathe themselves in perfume/cologne every time they go out. They always want it as a present for their birthdays, Father's/Mother's Day, and other occasions and buy many of their own too, that's how often they run out of it.

I know my grandma used to do it too. She passed away 15 years ago, but I have her blanket and it still smells like her favourite perfume even after all these years.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/14/20 at 5:40 pm

Back in the "old days" Shalimar was my perfume, and a friend  used to about bathe in it and when I think back, omg,,,,today nope, and I won't even use those scented things one throws in their clothes to dry them....  Wonder if the "younger" ladies buy the old time perfumes and there were so  many........my grandgirl does not I don't think...she's very holistic in all she does...

Now if anyone here can go back to the days of Evening in Paris, that was the biggie when I was growing up, and I'm positive I'm the oldest here so maybe none of you know EIP perfume...

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 7:12 am

I do like the smell of perfumed scented soaps and other products, they smell nice.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 7:14 am

My family (parents and brother mainly) bathe themselves in perfume/cologne every time they go out. They always want it as a present for their birthdays, Father's/Mother's Day, and other occasions and buy many of their own too, that's how often they run out of it.

I know my grandma used to do it too. She passed away 15 years ago, but I have her blanket and it still smells like her favourite perfume even after all these years.

Even when I go out sometimes I spray myself with cologne.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/15/20 at 9:03 am

Back in the "old days" Shalimar was my perfume, and a friend  used to about bathe in it and when I think back, omg,,,,today nope, and I won't even use those scented things one throws in their clothes to dry them....  Wonder if the "younger" ladies buy the old time perfumes and there were so  many........my grandgirl does not I don't think...she's very holistic in all she does...

Now if anyone here can go back to the days of Evening in Paris, that was the biggie when I was growing up, and I'm positive I'm the oldest here so maybe none of you know EIP perfume...

Refer to my most recent post in  Sound Off/Rants about those awful dryer sheets:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=bc45d5c004d8cd9bac0827931471e5ff&topic=35513.14040#lastPost

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/15/20 at 12:25 pm

Everyone knows when Howard is coming, they smell him...makes you  happy Howard, do it..  If you have allergy issues, think about the scents  you use a lot.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 1:53 pm

Everyone knows when Howard is coming, they smell him...makes you  happy Howard, do it..  If you have allergy issues, think about the scents  you use a lot.

I try not to put on too much but just about enough to smell myself.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/20 at 1:55 pm

I RARELY wear perfume-and when I do, it will be in the winter because mosquitoes, bees and other nasties love perfume. They love me as it is and I don't want to make them love me even more.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/15/20 at 1:57 pm

I try not to put on too much but just about enough to smell myself.

You like to smell yourself? You would be unhappy if you were odorless?

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 1:57 pm

This thing about hand sanitizers or even masks being bad for your health is complete baloney.

I use hand sanitizer whenever possible.

Written By: 2001 on 12/15/20 at 1:59 pm

I RARELY wear perfume-and when I do, it will be in the winter because mosquitoes, bees and other nasties love perfume. They love me as it is and I don't want to make them love me even more.

Cat

Haha, I always wear bug spray in the summer, I guess that's its own kind of perfume.  :P

Written By: 2001 on 12/15/20 at 2:02 pm

I haven't worn any in about 10 years, but I might start wearing them on dates or to parties. On one date that went badly apparently they could smell my Old Spice deodorant  :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/20 at 2:03 pm

Haha, I always wear bug spray in the summer, I guess that it's own kind of perfume.  :P

I refer to as Eau du Off which is what I wear when we are in Puerto Rico.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 2:19 pm

I haven't worn any in about 10 years, but I might start wearing them on dates or to parties. On one date that went badly apparently they could smell my Old Spice deodorant  :-[

Just try not to wear too much cologne on the city buses. :P

Written By: karen on 12/15/20 at 3:25 pm

Evening in Paris came in a blue bottle

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/16/20 at 10:31 am

I remember Evening in Paris.  It was one of the first celebrity porn fix staring Paris Hilton.  Bet Lyric Boy remembers it too

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/16/20 at 12:00 pm

I refer to as Eau du Off which is what I wear when we are in Puerto Rico.

Cat

I worked at a place where I frequently shared an elevator with people who REEKED of cigarette smoke because they had just been outside smoking. I used to call this "Eau du Cigarette".  I was practically gagging. 8-P  8-P  I absolutely do not consider smoking a "personal freedom" because I strongly subscribe to the rule "your personal freedom ends where my space begins".  Smoking is just too invasive to be a personal freedom, unless you live in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

Interestingly enough, I notice that among scented candles (and even some women's fragrances) a common scent these days is "tobacco". How odd. Sometimes mixed with something else like "tobacco and patchouli". Now THAT's the smell of the 60s if ever I heard one!  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/17/20 at 8:31 am

I worked at a place where I frequently shared an elevator with people who REEKED of cigarette smoke because they had just been outside smoking. I used to call this "Eau du Cigarette".  I was practically gagging. 8-P  8-P  I absolutely do not consider smoking a "personal freedom" because I strongly subscribe to the rule "your personal freedom ends where my space begins".  Smoking is just too invasive to be a personal freedom, unless you live in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

Interestingly enough, I notice that among scented candles (and even some women's fragrances) a common scent these days is "tobacco". How odd. Sometimes mixed with something else like "tobacco and patchouli". Now THAT's the smell of the 60s if ever I heard one!  ;D

I agree, if one can’t keep the smoke and carcinogens to themselves then it’s a problem. Smoke in your own car or house all you want with the windows closed. I say that because I’ve been in enough apartments where the neighbors smoke would come in your windows, or be stuck in traffic with the smoke of the people in front of me coming in my vents.

There was a lady who worked at my company for awhile. A 60s teen. She would go out to smoke, then douse herself in vanilla extract to try and cover the smell. It was nauseating. You could smell where she had walked 10 minutes later. One time I smelled it 500 feet away as I was walking to the gas station, sure enough it was her sitting in the parking lot with her window open.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/17/20 at 9:50 am

I agree, if one can’t keep the smoke and carcinogens to themselves then it’s a problem. Smoke in your own car or house all you want with the windows closed. I say that because I’ve been in enough apartments where the neighbors smoke would come in your windows, or be stuck in traffic with the smoke of the people in front of me coming in my vents.

There was a lady who worked at my company for awhile. A 60s teen. She would go out to smoke, then douse herself in vanilla extract to try and cover the smell. It was nauseating. You could smell where she had walked 10 minutes later. One time I smelled it 500 feet away as I was walking to the gas station, sure enough it was her sitting in the parking lot with her window open.

Yes, you nailed it. I come from a time when smoking was allowed in offices. People smoked at their desks at work, in banks, etc. It's almost like we didn't smell it quite so much simply because we were so used to it. But now, if I am in a building and somebody is smoking several stories above or below me I can tell. It's that invasive. And yes, if somebody is smoking in a car and the car goes by I can smell it.

Written By: Howard on 12/17/20 at 1:52 pm

Yes, you nailed it. I come from a time when smoking was allowed in offices. People smoked at their desks at work, in banks, etc. It's almost like we didn't smell it quite so much simply because we were so used to it. But now, if I am in a building and somebody is smoking several stories above or below me I can tell. It's that invasive. And yes, if somebody is smoking in a car and the car goes by I can smell it.

And even when you're walking the street and someone reeks of cigarette smoke or when someone gets on a city bus just as soon as they finish their last puff. 8-P

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/17/20 at 2:36 pm

And even when you're walking the street and someone reeks of cigarette smoke or when someone gets on a city bus just as soon as they finish their last puff. 8-P

At my work about half the office people smoke and nearly all the shop smokes. It’s almost worse when they come to my desk because breathing the air they occupy seems like tasting an ashtray. Michigan has smoke free workplace laws but majority wins, we don’t comply.

Written By: karen on 12/17/20 at 4:11 pm

At my work about half the office people smoke and nearly all the shop smokes. It’s almost worse when they come to my desk because breathing the air they occupy seems like tasting an ashtray. Michigan has smoke free workplace laws but majority wins, we don’t comply.

You are not allowed to smoke indoors in any workplace, pub, bar, restaurant, etc. in the U.K. The workplace smoking ban was more than twenty years ago.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/20 at 4:36 am

Where do you work and do they have a smoking area for their breaks?

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/18/20 at 8:55 am

Where do you work and do they have a smoking area for their breaks?

I work in a manufacturing plant. 99% of the time people don’t smoke in the office. But in the shop they pretty much chain smoke. According to the handbook, smoking is allowed anywhere except the paint room, but the painter still smokes in there, I’ve seen it. If you’re just walking through it’s no big deal, but the reason we office people are out there is to consult with them about jobs. The smoke is strong in their individual work areas, and when you have to stand over a cigarette.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/18/20 at 12:21 pm

All the smokers don't have to go to far to wonder why they end up with lung cancer, then do all the chemo/radiation and die anyway.    What a horrid addiction, but addictions can be broken....

Written By: Sman12 on 12/19/20 at 7:00 pm

I also see the post-Corona environment around early 2022-ish. There are early signs of the virus's indelible mark on society, such as (obviously) social distancing and other ad nauseam medical advisories, movie premieres on streaming platforms, work-from-home, and more emphasis on teleconferencing.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/19/20 at 7:15 pm

I also see the post-Corona environment around early 2022-ish. There are early signs of the virus's indelible mark on society, such as (obviously) social distancing and other ad nauseam medical advisories, movie premieres on streaming platforms, work-from-home, and more emphasis on teleconferencing.

You are correct, the virus has left an indelible mark that is irreversible. Yet there are still a small handful of diehards here who think 2020s culture has not yet arrived because a handful of meaningless rap and pop songs have not changed enough. As if that drives the culture in this day and age. But even they are starting to see the light I am sure.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/19/20 at 7:20 pm

You are correct, the virus has left an indelible mark that is irreversible. Yet there are still a small handful of diehards here who think 2020s culture has not yet arrived because a handful of meaningless rap and pop songs have not changed enough. As if that drives the culture in this day and age. But even they are starting to see the light I am sure.

Voice, I'm trying to understand what you are saying here about the "rap and pop" songs, which is so meaningless to me in the whole scheme of life, health etc.... 

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/19/20 at 7:27 pm

Voice, I'm trying to understand what you are saying here about the "rap and pop" songs, which is so meaningless to me in the whole scheme of life, health etc....

There is a certain subculture of posters here who sometimes insist that certain superfluous things predict when the "culture" of an era has arrived, meanwhile missing or disregarding the fact that the culture has slipped in right under their noses.

Written By: 2001 on 12/19/20 at 8:36 pm

I hope things will have settled down by the summer, but I expect the first four months of 2021 to be the deadliest part of the pandemic, in the West/countries that celebrate Christmas at least. In Canada the plan is to have everyone vaccinated by September.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/20 at 1:53 pm

So you're saying this will continue for the foreseeable future?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/21/20 at 7:59 pm

There is a certain subculture of posters here who sometimes insist that certain superfluous things predict when the "culture" of an era has arrived, meanwhile missing or disregarding the fact that the culture has slipped in right under their noses.

If the Coronavirus pandemic didn't happen which disrupted the order in our universe, then I think the 2020 culture would have been more like a continuation of 2019. 2021 would have been more of the beginning of the 2020's culture.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/21/20 at 8:10 pm

If the Coronavirus pandemic didn't happen which disrupted the order in our universe, then I think the 2020 culture would have been more like a continuation of 2019. 2021 would have been more of the beginning of the 2020's culture.

But the Coronavirus DID happen and it changed the culture. There are no "what ifs" here. It DID happen, the culture is here. We don't get to pick and choose how these things happen.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/21/20 at 8:36 pm

Hi everyone

Written By: Slim95 on 12/21/20 at 10:55 pm

But the Coronavirus DID happen and it changed the culture. There are no "what ifs" here. It DID happen, the culture is here. We don't get to pick and choose how these things happen.

Yup it changed everything.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/20 at 7:31 am

I kind of wish to go back to January 2020 and see what would've happened.

Written By: Dude111 on 12/25/20 at 9:50 pm

I feel like some sort of reset is happening.

Ya many think this is the big restructure they are really doing now.. To avoid worldwide bankrupty they came up with this to keep people in control while they re-structure everything......

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 1:38 am

Ya many think this is the big restructure they are really doing now.. To avoid worldwide bankrupty they came up with this to keep people in control while they re-structure everything......
What worldwide bankruptcy? Are you making things up now? Countries have gone bankrupt before (Argentina) and there was no need for a WORLD WIDE power grab of the lizard people.
You are aware that here in the EU (whose top powers don't have a financial problem btw) with it's 27 members we can barely agree on anything but once the NEW WORLD ORDER© is supposed to be established everyone happily agrees and helps the new OVERLORDS© to take their power away no questions asked.
Get real.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/26/20 at 8:11 am

I was just giving a hypothetical scenario, of course there's no changing the course of events. It was like fate/destiny. I think the point I was to make was that the culture can change on its own without a major event to be a catalyst for it. Usually such type of change is gradual and barely noticeable while it's happening. You just notice when looking back a few years that things have changed. The 2010's were that way, only the election of Trump shifted the culture from Mid-10's to late, but from early to mid there wasn't anything like that, you just noticed less EDM music around 2013. With the pandemic, I just found it odd that it just happened to happen right at the beginning of the new decade. Normally the first year of every other decade is a continuation of the later part of the previous decade. As I stated before the pandemic interrupted order in the universe. Also 2020 turned out to be nothing like 2004, more like the exact opposite of it.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/26/20 at 8:42 am

What worldwide bankruptcy? Are you making things up now? Countries have gone bankrupt before (Argentina) and there was no need for a WORLD WIDE power grab of the lizard people.
You are aware that here in the EU (whose top powers don't have a financial problem btw) with it's 27 members we can barely agree on anything but once the NEW WORLD ORDER© is supposed to be established everyone happily agrees and helps the new OVERLORDS© to take their power away no questions asked.
Get real.

At the same time, nobody is doing themselves any favors by using the GHASTLY sounding phrase "the great reset". It sounds absolutely, dystopianly  awful. And they wonder why people come up with conspiracy theories. 

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 9:12 am

At the same time, nobody is doing themselves any favors by using the GHASTLY sounding phrase "the great reset". It sounds absolutely, dystopianly  awful. And they wonder why people come up with conspiracy theories.
I had actually never heard of that phrase before it was brought up here. Certainly doesn't have a lot of traction here. ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/26/20 at 10:09 am

I had actually never heard of that phrase before it was brought up here. Certainly doesn't have a lot of traction here. ???

Ditto

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/26/20 at 10:27 am

Ditto

It seems to be big in Canada and the EU. For those inclined towards conspiracy theories I can see how this one would lend itself to the "Global Elite" type of theories.

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 10:49 am

It seems to be big in Canada and the EU.
I am from the EU and had never heard of it. ???

Written By: karen on 12/26/20 at 10:52 am

I hadn’t heard of it before either.

It seems to have come from a misunderstanding of something discussed by the World Economic Forum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55017002

This is a genuine plan looking at how countries might recover in a post-pandemic world.  Not the same thing as world governments deliberately starting a pandemic to take control of the world economy

Written By: 2001 on 12/26/20 at 11:22 am

It seems to be big in Canada and the EU. For those inclined towards conspiracy theories I can see how this one would lend itself to the "Global Elite" type of theories.

Anyone who believes in the New World World is an obvious buffoon and should not be catered to in 2020, 2019 or ever. There will be always be stupid people among us, can't do nothing about it.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/26/20 at 12:25 pm

Ditto

Ok how exactly is it a conspiracy theory when the World Economic Forum published two videos on their YouTube channel titled "The Great Reset"?  ???
8rAiTDQ-NVY&ab_channel=WorldEconomicForum
VHRkkeecg7c&ab_channel=WorldEconomicForum

Written By: Slim95 on 12/26/20 at 12:26 pm

They even published a video two days ago in regards to the great reset. So how on earth is it a conspiracy theory...

rFwcJKl71cU&ab_channel=WorldEconomicForum

Written By: 2001 on 12/26/20 at 12:37 pm

They even published a video two days ago in regards to the great reset. So how on earth is it a conspiracy theory...

Some people tied into some New World Order where they kill off half the planet because of course they are EvILl, that part is the conspiracy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/20 at 2:10 pm

Personally, I do believe that there will be a new world order but it is not all doom and gloom like conspiracy theorists believe. The world order I see is one where oil is no longer king. That means that murderous dictatorships like Saudi Arabia and Russia will fall. That also means that companies like ExxonMobil do not dictate environmental rules and will no longer take a big chunk of taxpayers' money.

There are other things I see in the future but that is the a big chuck of it.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/26/20 at 2:20 pm

I hadn’t heard of it before either.

It seems to have come from a misunderstanding of something discussed by the World Economic Forum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55017002

This is a genuine plan looking at how countries might recover in a post-pandemic world.  Not the same thing as world governments deliberately starting a pandemic to take control of the world economy

Written By: Dude111 on 01/03/21 at 11:55 pm

Some people tied into some New World Order where they kill off half the planet because of course they are EvILl, that part is the conspiracy.

Thats what I heard also buddy and it scares me..... This vaccine is meant to make people sterile so they cant have babies and other bad stuff...... It scares me!!!

I hope Cat is right!!

Written By: Elor on 01/04/21 at 12:12 am

Thats what I heard also buddy and it scares me..... This vaccine is meant to make people sterile so they cant have babies and other bad stuff...... It scares me!!!

I hope Cat is right!!

Did you do any research into that topic? What are your sources?
BTW I know somebody who accuses us "non believers" of living in fear and now here you are being so scared you have to put it in your post twice.... ::)

BTW you live in a country full of weapons. What do you think would happen to the developers and CEOs of the vaccine companies and the politicians and the health workers injecting it if even just 50% of your accusations were true? They would end up as bullet catchers and they know it so why would they do something so incredibly stupid?

BTW what would be the point of making civilized countries sterile? Most 1st world nations already have a declining population.

Written By: karen on 01/04/21 at 3:02 am

Sources?

Written By: karen on 01/04/21 at 5:10 am

I hope Cat is right!!

Also, if that genuinely is the plan why are we vaccinating over 80s first?

Written By: Elor on 01/04/21 at 5:57 am

Also, if that genuinely is the plan why are we vaccinating over 80s first?
And why don't we just use any vaccine? The majority of people is vaccinated after all but no, putting that into the Tetanus shot that most people have would have been too easy I guess.

Check for new replies or respond here...