inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Great Barrington Declaration

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/19/20 at 2:54 pm

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Read it folks and get on the wagon, makes too too much sense and all millions around the world have gone thru and going through.  Spread this and work to be prepared if and when anymore "pandemics"  hit the world.   

Subject: Re: Great Barrington Declaration

Written By: Elor on 12/19/20 at 3:00 pm

Just out of curiosity did you read what the critics say? Could you describe in your own words what they criticize about that concept?
There are reasons why it was rejected by the WHO and others...

Written By: karen on 12/19/20 at 3:23 pm

I know Great Barrington. We went there loads when we lived in the US. We skied at Ski Butternut.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/19/20 at 4:08 pm

Just out of curiosity did you read what the critics say? Could you describe in your own words what they criticize about that concept?
There are reasons why it was rejected by the WHO and others...

Elor, sign it or ignore.  I didn't post this to debate with anyone...thanks...

Written By: Elor on 12/19/20 at 4:13 pm

Ah, the easy route without resistance.

Well, here are some critical thoughts about it for those who actually are interested in hearing both sides: From Wikipedia
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the Director-General of the World Health Organization, warned against the idea of letting the virus spread in order to achieve herd immunity at an October 12 press briefing, calling the notion "unethical". He said: "Herd immunity is a concept used for vaccination, in which a population can be protected from a certain virus if a threshold of vaccination is reached … Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it." Tedros said that trying to achieve herd immunity by letting the virus spread unchecked would be "scientifically and ethically problematic", especially given that the long-term effects of the disease are still not fully understood. He said that though "there has been some discussion recently about the concept of reaching so-called 'herd immunity' by letting the virus spread", "never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy for responding to an outbreak, let alone a pandemic."
More can be found there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration#Critical_commentaries

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/19/20 at 4:21 pm

Ah, the easy route without resistance.

Well, here are some critical thoughts about it for those who actually are interested in hearing both sides: From WikipediaMore can be found there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Barrington_Declaration#Critical_commentaries

Why not contact some of the doctors listed in the declaration and tell then  how  YOU feel about it all.   

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/20 at 6:31 pm

Then why did you post this? You should realize that when anyone post something, it is open for debate.

Cat

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/19/20 at 8:38 pm

Then why did you post this? You should realize that when anyone post something, it is open for debate.

Cat

Holy Mackeral, I posted it for some info purpose on this whole mess, and if others want to debate go to it....not everyone here is about debating everything are they? 

Written By: Elor on 12/19/20 at 11:43 pm

Holy Mackeral, I posted it for some info purpose on this whole mess, and if others want to debate go to it....not everyone here is about debating everything are they?
If it was info you wanted to share you should have been happy about people adding more info....

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/22/20 at 1:46 pm

The other night on a radio station I listen to and it is conservative, the 2 commentators had a pretty long discussion on this Barrington Declaration and as many of we people in CA are very sick with all the lockdowns, closures of the major industries that keep this state going ... those affected are so so deep, layers of people out of work...bad bad governing from the DEMS in my state....  It's amazing guns have not been fired as business owners are desperate.   

Check for new replies or respond here...