inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lockdown Fatigue is a Thing Now, Americans are Fed Up

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/25/20 at 2:32 pm

and is the supposed cure, worse than the supposed virus issues?  I hear this comment more and more....

https://jonsnewplace.wordpress.com/2020/12/20/lockdown-fatigue-is-a-thing-now-fed-up-americans-now-less-likely-to-comply-with-dictatorial-decrees-by-fascist-governors/

And  hearing the  LA self righteous mayor the other day say:  "I won't take the vaccine first, I won't jump ahead of the people"....gag me....He can have mine...

Subject: Re: Lockdown Fatigue is a Thing Now, Americans are Fed Up

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 2:35 pm

Yeah and lockdowns also attribute to worse mental health. When your usual routine gets disrupted, that can cause stress and hinder people mentally. That's why there was an increase in both suicide rates and crime rates this year.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/25/20 at 2:39 pm

My company has been deemed “essential” so we’ve never been locked down. In fact, demand for our product right now is gangbusters so we are doing well.

We still follow the “Mask it or Casket” theme though. Can’t be too careful.

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 2:53 pm

My company has been deemed “essential” so we’ve never been locked down. In fact, demand for our product right now is gangbusters so we are doing well.

In the U.K. the advice was work from home if you can. For a little while the government funded furloughs for staff who couldn’t work from home or their business was told to close (restaurants, cinemas, pubs etc).

Essential businesses could remain open but had to make places Covid secure such as limiting numbers working. My husband’s place introduced new shift patterns to keep the same workforce but only a third of staff in at any one time. Where people can’t keep 2 metres apart then PPE must be provided.

Now the advice is still work from home if you can, but if you can’t then the Covid secure workplace rules apply. Not sure if the money is still there for furloughed staff in places like restaurants and pubs that have to remain closed in some areas of the country.

Written By: 2001 on 12/25/20 at 3:16 pm

Yeah and lockdowns also attribute to worse mental health. When your usual routine gets disrupted, that can cause stress and hinder people mentally. That's why there was an increase in both suicide rates and crime rates this year.

Suicides went down significantly in Alberta/Canada. CERB was good for so many people. I'm not sure about crime.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 3:26 pm

Suicides went down significantly in Alberta/Canada.

That article is definitely fake news. One of my car mechanics who me and my dad knew well commited suicide this year. I know people in the mental health industry who reported a record number of people needing to come in. Suicides spiked heavily this year, the media is just not reporting it, go figure.

CERB was good for so many people.

And yet the homeless population remains the same. You need an income of $5000 and anyone who is below that such as homeless people still remain screwed. CERB only benefits well-off people and there are strict eligibility requirements where many Canadians are still left behind. Not to mention the system is terrible. No checks are in place and many Canadians have to pay back the money to the CRA because they later found out they were not eligible as it was not clear, it's a big mess.

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 3:34 pm

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/11/suicide-rate-UK-pandemic-lockdown-corona-virus-covid

Not official statistics yet but this report says there is no data to show that the suicide rate in the U.K. has increased this year. It also says that other countries show the same effect or even a fall in suicides this year (Norway and Japan for example).

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 3:37 pm

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/11/suicide-rate-UK-pandemic-lockdown-corona-virus-covid

Not official statistics yet but this report says there is no data to show that the suicide rate in the U.K. has increased this year. It also says that other countries show the same effect or even a fall in suicides this year (Norway and Japan for example).

Yeah that's fake news no doubt. I've noticed the media has not been reporting anything about mental health concerns in regards to the pandemic and lockdowns.

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 3:41 pm

Yeah that's fake news no doubt. I've noticed the media has not been reporting anything about mental health concerns in regards to the pandemic and lockdowns.

Well it links to a report in the British Medical Journal that says much the same. I really don’t think it is fake news. The Samaritans (national mental health support charity) also say the same thing. They specifically monitor suicide reports and stats and it would be sort of in their interests to report any sort of spike were there to be one.

Just because you personally know of someone who died by suicide doesn’t mean that it is happening everywhere in larger numbers than before.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 3:44 pm

Well it links to a report in the British Medical Journal that says much the same. I really don’t think it is fake news. The Samaritans (national mental health support charity) also say the same thing. They specifically monitor suicide reports and stats and it would be sort of in their interests to report any sort of spike were there to be one

Just because you personally know of someone who died by suicide doesn’t mean that it is happening everywhere in larger numbers than before.

Well just because a couple news articles say one thing it doesn't make it true, does it now?  ??? Lockdowns and the pandemic of this year would cause the most normal people in the world to be stressed, let alone people with pre-existing mental health conditions. Not to mention small business owners (non-essential) who count on their business being open for their livelihood... All of that has been disrupted.

You or the media are gonna tell me that would not cause a mental health crisis or cause for suicide? I don't believe that for one second. There's a reason the media ignores talking about it.

Written By: 2001 on 12/25/20 at 4:01 pm

That article is definitely fake news. One of my car mechanics who me and my dad knew well commited suicide this year. I know people in the mental health industry who reported a record number of people needing to come in. Suicides spiked heavily this year, the media is just not reporting it, go figure.
And yet the homeless population remains the same. You need an income of $5000 and anyone who is below that such as homeless people still remain screwed. CERB only benefits well-off people and there are strict eligibility requirements where many Canadians are still left behind. Not to mention the system is terrible. No checks are in place and many Canadians have to pay back the money to the CRA because they later found out they were not eligible as it was not clear, it's a big mess.

The article has a primary source Alberta Justice which you can check for yourself. I know somebody who committed suicide in 2018 but none in 2019/2020, anecdotal evidence is just not very reliable.

You seem to be cherry picking very tiny slivers of the population to back up your claim. Homeless people would likely be homeless in 2019 or 2020, and 99.9% of people are not homeless in any given year regardless. The vast majority of the people who received CERB kept their money. I know if I was working dead-end, precarious and stressful minimum wage job and the government started paying me to chill at home I'd be ecstatic. That's a much larger part of our population than the homeless. CERB (and Trumpbux in the south) was basically a proto-universal basic income, we already have many studies on the mental health benefits of these kind of schemes, so it is not outrageous to say that it reduced suicide rates.

Merry Christmas BTW. :)

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 4:32 pm

Well just because a couple news articles say one thing it doesn't make it true, does it now?  ???

So find me a news article from a reputable source that says otherwise.

Written By: Dude111 on 12/25/20 at 9:44 pm

also attribute to worse mental health. When your usual routine gets disrupted, that can cause stress and hinder people mentally.

Yes my year has been horrible.. My mind is so messed up..... Im sick of it!!

They are just trying to bring in the new world order... Thats all this is about and in my opinion the s00ner people start fighting it,the better!!

WAKE UP BE4 ITS 2 LATE!!!!

Please!!

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 1:36 am

Yes my year has been horrible.. My mind is so messed up..... Im sick of it!!

They are just trying to bring in the new world order... Thats all this is about and in my opinion the s00ner people start fighting it,the better!!

WAKE UP BE4 ITS 2 LATE!!!!

Please!!

You won't find anybody buying that if you only have conspiracy theory articles about that which can be easily proven to be wrong / lies. Give me something with substance.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 12:27 pm

Hey how many of YOU are trying to raise a family, make a  mortgage payment and have lost their job?  And often the two member families who are making ends meet, have lost their jobs due to lockdowns and closed businesses....How Many Here?

Step out of  your shoes and into someone elses...ever do that?  I have a lot in my life and everyone is so self absorbed they don't think of others...

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 2:28 pm

Hey how many of YOU are trying to raise a family, make a  mortgage payment and have lost their job?  And often the two member families who are making ends meet, have lost their jobs due to lockdowns and closed businesses....How Many Here?

Step out of  your shoes and into someone elses...ever do that?  I have a lot in my life and everyone is so self absorbed they don't think of others...
Says the person who refuses to wear a mask, don't make me laugh. How many people would DIE if we listened to the likes of you? Have you ever thought about that? DEATH is permanent nothing you can do about it once it happened. How many children would lose their parents or grandparents? We even had children dying from that crap. But that isn't enough for you to put on a mask so spare us your self righteous preaching, you have no leg to stand on. 
You can recover from financial hardship and no one here said that lockdowns are awesome or that we like them it's just that the alternative is even worse.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/20 at 3:05 pm

Says the person who refuses to wear a mask, don't make me laugh. How many people would DIE if we listened to the likes of you? Have you ever thought about that? DEATH is permanent nothing you can do about it once it happened. How many children would lose their parents or grandparents? We even had children dying from that crap. But that isn't enough for you to put on a mask so spare us your self righteous preaching, you have no leg to stand on. 
You can recover from financial hardship and no one here said that lockdowns are awesome or that we like them it's just that the alternative is even worse.

Come on, Elor, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 12/26/20 at 3:22 pm

I am also against lockdowns and it did cause a lot of problems. Only time it's a viable option is if the hospitals are at full capacity. They were saying they are afraid of that but the hospitals themselves weren't full. There wasn't any known issue anywhere where hospitals couldn't provide for sick people.

Written By: karen on 12/26/20 at 4:18 pm

I am also against lockdowns and it did cause a lot of problems. Only time it's a viable option is if the hospitals are at full capacity. They were saying they are afraid of that but the hospitals themselves weren't full. There wasn't any known issue anywhere where hospitals couldn't provide for sick people.

Well there was in the U.K. They had to build temporary hospitals (first they converted a conference centre in London). Several hospitals had so many people on respirators that they had problem supplying sufficient oxygen across all the wards.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 4:53 pm

Good grief, have you NOT read the tons of info on how the masks do so LITTLE....so so little.  And all the millions wearing masks and still Covid running rampant, so they tell us!!!!    I'm not out there in the world....and you folks are and don't seem to get how so many are suffering locked down from no jobs and no money coming in.

I believe this is the gist of  my post  here...the Lockdown Fatigue of it all....

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grape Seed Extract

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 5:06 pm

Come on, Elor, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Cat

Cat, nice how so many feed into the sarcasism around here :o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/20 at 5:09 pm

So, here's the real question:

How is everyone here holding up through all this? Are you all handling the isolation and social distancing well, or is it starting to get to anyone yet? What have you been doing to keep your spirits up?

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 5:23 pm

Good grief, have you NOT read the tons of info on how the masks do so LITTLE....so so little.  And all the millions wearing masks and still Covid running rampant, so they tell us!!!! 

And you keep ignoring all the evidence saying otherwise. And even if it only did little as you falsely claim it could still  mean the difference between 99 infections or 100 so it's an inconvenience I'm willing to take.

and you folks are and don't seem to get how so many are suffering locked down from no jobs and no money coming in.
And you don't get the suffering of long term damage and DEATH from COVID19.

I believe this is the gist of  my post  here...the Lockdown Fatigue of it all....

What makes you believe that none of the Corona victims took any of those? You have been propagating these supplements like the second coming of Jesus Christ but I didn't see any data that people who took them didn't get Corona so where's your data coming from? Besides grape seeds have no proven effect on your immune system... but we've been there haven't we.... ::)

How is everyone here holding up through all this? Are you all handling the isolation and social distancing well, or is it starting to get to anyone yet? What have you been doing to keep your spirits up?
It's annoying to say the least. Not meeting with friends and I can't even visit my grandmother in the nursing home and have to resort to Skype calls.  At least in my country people don't go bankrupt because of it as the federation is helping out and pays 60%(?) of the income of people who have to stay home. I'm hoping the vaccine works as advertised and we can go back to normal within a few months. Until then I just go to work (we're considered essential so we don't go into lockdown) and spend my time at home in front of the computer or listening to music.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/20 at 5:39 pm

Good grief, have you NOT read the tons of info on how the masks do so LITTLE....so so little.  And all the millions wearing masks and still Covid running rampant, so they tell us!!!!    I'm not out there in the world....and you folks are and don't seem to get how so many are suffering locked down from no jobs and no money coming in.

If masks do little, then why have hospitals been wearing them for over a century? What about dentist offices? And you look at countries where mask wearing has been normal for decades, they have had lower Covid cases. Apparently you are NOT reading the tons of info from REPUTABLE sources on how mask wearing can slow down the spread. 

And yes, everyone has lockdown fatigue! Part of the reason why this lockdown is going on for so long because people refuse to wear masks!

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/20 at 5:54 pm

What makes you believe that none of the Corona victims took any of those? You have been propagating these supplements like the second coming of Jesus Christ but I didn't see any data that people who took them didn't get Corona so where's your data coming from? Besides grape seeds have no proven effect on your immune system... but we've been there haven't we.... ::)

See, everyone here likes to dismiss all of jaminhealth's advice because you all write her off as a kook. And I don't necessarily buy into some of her more outlandish conspiracy theories but I don't completely discount them either.

However, when it comes to taking vitamins and supplements, I think she's 100% right. I don't know about the grape seed extract but, in addition to multivitamins and fish oil capsules, which I've been taking for years, since the COVID outbreak I've been taking Vitamins C and D and zinc tablets every day.

Jaminhealth never once claimed that taking these supplements would prevent anyone from getting COVID. What she has been saying, and what I absolutely agree with, is that these supplements can help strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off the virus more effectively. And there are now studies coming out that are proving this.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/studies-suggest-4-vitamins-to-prevent-severe-cases-of-covid-19

I almost never ever get sick and when I do, it's almost always minor and I'm good after 2-3 days tops. One thing I've been doing for about 20 years now is that when I feel the onset of a cold come on, I take these zinc lozenges that are sold under the brand name Cold-Eeze. And I swear by them. They've definitely reduced the symptoms and the duration of my colds.

I firmly believe that to increase your chances to survive COVID, you should eat right, get plenty of exercise, lose weight if you can and yes, take your vitamins.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 6:06 pm

If masks do little, then why have hospitals been wearing them for over a century? What about dentist offices? And you look at countries where mask wearing has been normal for decades, they have had lower Covid cases. Apparently you are NOT reading the tons of info from REPUTABLE sources on how mask wearing can slow down the spread. 

And yes, everyone has lockdown fatigue! Part of the reason why this lockdown is going on for so long because people refuse to wear masks!

Cat

Hospital personnel is a total issue of it's own....this is NOT about the hospital and medical group....this is the Covid Mass Lockdown -- good grief amazing  how you folks can jump to a totally other area of life...

And  no it's because people don't take care of their OWN HEALTH....a mask does not do that, it does not give me good strong health...

I guess when a mother  is taking care of her little one and it gets sick, should she just mask the baby and it will get better....---  see I can go to other areas of it all too.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 6:12 pm

Well, AL-B, thanks for the vote of credit, first time here I believe...all the others work to attack and try to discredit everything I have said about keeping healthy....

If one is healthy, chances are less that they will "get" the covid stuff...

For me, I am doing good,,,,I didn't go out too much before covid due to other stuff like the OA I deal with and body damage from hip job, but otherwise I'm GOOD, hope you are too, you sound good.  Itching to get to one of my special restaurants but when that will happen, ?????

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/20 at 6:54 pm

Well, AL-B, thanks for the vote of credit, first time here I believe...all the others work to attack and try to discredit everything I have said about keeping healthy....

You're quite welcome.

This place does have a tendency to become quite...circlejerky.  ;D

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 7:05 pm

Circlejerky, that's a  new one and it's rather kind about this place. :)

Written By: 2001 on 12/26/20 at 7:17 pm

It was easier the first go around in March-June but the lockdown fatigue is definitely is setting in. My region only went into lockdown a week ago, but I started self-isolating in October when it became advisory. Sadly no one else followed the advice because they needed to go shopping and binge on alcohol fOr mY MeNtAl hEAlTh*, hence the quagmire we're in today.  ::)

To keep sane I hang out with my friends over video games/PSN voice chat. Actually thanks to that, I get to interact with them more often than pre-pandemic when it always felt like we were too busy with work to meet up.

Other than that, I've been reading more. I read 20+ books this year, usually it's less than 10. I read a lot of technical, work-related material too and that's going to be good for my career. I dabbled in Arduino/electrical circuitry too although other than a digital room thermometer I haven't built anything cool yet.

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 7:21 pm

Hospital personnel is a totally issue of it's own....this is NOT about the hospital and medical group....this is the Covid Mass Lockdown -- good grief amazing  how you folks can jump to a totally other area of life...
It's about preventing germs from getting from one person to another so how is that totally different?

And  no it's because people don't take care of their OWN HEALTH....
Again not everyone can have a good immune system. Some people DO have underlying health issues for various reasons...

a mask does not do that, it does not give me good strong health...
No, but it prevents you from contracting germs....

I guess when a mother  is taking care of her little one and it gets sick, should she just mask the baby and it will get better....---  see I can go to other areas of it all too.
Sigh... Ok one more time just for you:
The mask prevents the spreading of germs from one person to another. It keeps the germs with the person who has them. The mask does not protect you but protects others from your germs.

See, everyone here likes to dismiss all of jaminhealth's advice because you all write her off as a kook. And I don't necessarily buy into some of her more outlandish conspiracy theories but I don't completely discount them either.
I need proof. So far she only came up with easily refutable nonsense that didn't make much sense and outright lies like when she claimed to have an article about deaths caused by the vaccine...

However, when it comes to taking vitamins and supplements, I think she's 100% right. I don't know about the grape seed extract but, in addition to multivitamins and fish oil capsules, which I've been taking for years, since the COVID outbreak I've been taking Vitamins C and D and zinc tablets every day.
And nobody said that taking those is bad with the exception of grape seeds for which no data is available. It's just that she constantly claims that they would be a good enough response to COVID and one should forget all the other means like masks and social distancing.

Jaminhealth never once claimed that taking these supplements would prevent anyone from getting COVID.
No? How about in your own quote?

Sounds like her answer to me.
Or this one:
And  no it's because people don't take care of their OWN HEALTH...Sounds like "it wouldn't happen if they took the supplements" to me. But maybe I'm getting it wrong.

What she has been saying, and what I absolutely agree with, is that these supplements can help strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off the virus more effectively. And there are now studies coming out that are proving this.

Who claimed otherwise with exception of grape seeds? I take some of them myself actually. There's just no data hinting at that this alone is enough against Corona and taking it is a substitute for masks and social distancing which she rejects.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/26/20 at 8:10 pm

More, please.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 8:19 pm

Oh Elor, we need germs,  how do you think we can build our immunities....

Sloshing around in a pig's pen is not what I'm talking about either..

Some people are really OCD about germs....

Do you sneeze and cough in people's faces and do let them do that to you????

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 1:50 am

True but they must be in an amount the immune system can handle without being overpowered as happens so often in this pandemic.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 2:02 am

I will say this: Sweden did not implement a lockdown in the spring like the rest of the western world and they still came out strong.

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 2:38 am

I will say this: Sweden did not implement a lockdown in the spring like the rest of the western world and they still came out strong.
You have a very strange definition of coming out strong. ???
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sweden-s-king-says-we-have-failed-over-covid-19-n1251670

Their infection rate is about twice as high as in Germany.

It's the daily mail so I usually don't trust it but it has the most recent data:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9025989/Swedens-Covid-infection-rate-soars-Britain-Germany-Spain.html

Written By: karen on 12/27/20 at 3:48 am

And now says they got it wrong, and have started to implement strategies that other countries have been using, such as limiting group sizes, remote learning in schools and mask wearing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55371102

An important point in the article is that the Swedish government made recommendations to the population that they expected them to follow. On the whole I expect they were followed. Whereas in the U.K. and elsewhere this approach just wouldn’t have worked - even when things are made into law people still don’t follow the restrictions.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 7:28 am

No way. Sweden has a smaller population than Ontario (10 million vs. our 15 million) and double the deaths! (8,500 vs 4,000 for us) :o

And now they get 8,000 cases a day versus our 2,000 a day, and we didn't even have a lockdown this time outside of Toronto. There was no much hoped for "herd immunity". What's going on in Sweden is a catastrophe.

edit: Yep and what Karen said is true, Sweden brought in a lot of restrictions for the second wave.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:39 am

Why hasn't your company been in lockdown? ???

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 7:41 am

Why hasn't your company been in lockdown? ???
Because it's essential... ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:42 am

lockdowns also caused a lot of depression.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:45 am

The isolation and social distancing was a bit difficult at first but somehow I managed to get through it as best as possible.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:51 am

I am OCD myself but I don't go to extremes when getting things clean, In another words I don't go over the top, I try not to.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/27/20 at 12:25 pm

I woke up this morning thinking that so many people are so tightly wound up, they can only see or think one way....I know a couple OCD people in my life and they really do work to "let go" and let a little dirt collect in their lives.    It's a brain thing as I'm told....I like order but I do "let go" and blow the dust away ....  think back to my mom and I am just like  her, one could really relax in her home, put their feet  up and not be told "don't put your feet there"... so much I believe does come from our first "teachers" too, our moms//

My ex had a mother and one could eat off her floors, all she did was clean clean clean,,,they were of German heritage....

From lockdown fatigue to OCD.....how we can move around on these threads.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 12:33 pm

They say things will go back to normal by the summer of 2021 but somehow I just doubt that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/20 at 12:48 pm

I woke up this morning thinking that so many people are so tightly wound up, they can only see or think one way....I know a couple OCD people in my life and they really do work to "let go" and let a little dirt collect in their lives.    It's a brain thing as I'm told....I like order but I do "let go" and blow the dust away ....  think back to my mom and I am just like  her, one could really relax in her home, put their feet  up and not be told "don't put your feet there"... so much I believe does come from our first "teachers" too, our moms//

My ex had a mother and one could eat off her floors, all she did was clean clean clean,,,they were of German heritage....

From lockdown fatigue to OCD.....how we can move around on these threads.

You are so right that some people can only see and think one way-even when evidence to the contrary are presented to them.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 1:02 pm

They say things will go back to normal by the summer of 2021 but somehow I just doubt that.

I'd be fine with quasi-normal like summer 2020.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 1:08 pm

I wouldn't.  :P Summer 2020 felt really depressing. Knowing the restrictions were still around, it didn't feel like a normal summer. Even though the cases were low we were still noticeably in a pandemic.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 1:10 pm

I wouldn't.  :P Summer 2020 felt really depressing. Knowing the restrictions were still around, it didn't feel like a normal summer. Even though the cases were low we were still noticeably in a pandemic.

That's kind of what made it so nice. Everything was quiet, low-key. The streets were semi-abandoned. I'm used to summer being loud and crowded. I prefer the latter no doubt but the change of pace was interesting.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/27/20 at 1:21 pm

Well I prefer a busy happy group in our city, and tourists came from all over the world and now it's dead....and business owners are suffering....I'll take a happy bright life vs a quiet almost dead type.....

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:28 pm

I doubt it but one can only hope, I myself like everyone else on this board want life to go back to normal, stop wearing masks, social distance but the only thing that will stay the same is washing hands.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:29 pm

I would be happy to throw out all the masks we were told to wear in 2020.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:32 pm

But I'm tired of just staying home and doing nothing, people need to go out and enjoy life itself.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:34 pm

That's kind of what made it so nice. Everything was quiet, low-key. The streets were semi-abandoned. I'm used to summer being loud and crowded. I prefer the latter no doubt but the change of pace was interesting.

I felt the same way Slow, my neighborhood was unusually quiet and even everywhere else, not many people outside, like a hush fell over the world.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:35 pm

Well I prefer a busy happy group in our city, and tourists came from all over the world and now it's dead....and business owners are suffering....I'll take a happy bright life vs a quiet almost dead type.....

So you'd consider yourself a "party person"?

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 1:38 pm

BTW Howard you can insert several quotes from several different posts into one response. There is no need to make 4 separate posts to respond to different people.
Keeps the threads a bit more tidy. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 1:50 pm

I felt the same way Slow, my neighborhood was unusually quiet and even everywhere else, not many people outside, like a hush fell over the world.

It was nice cycling in the middle of the road without cars or kayaking or swimming at the lakewithout too many people there. 2021 will be the last chance to have a summer without any tourists.

BTW Howard you can insert several quotes from several different posts into one response. There is no need to make 4 separate posts to respond to different people.

I'd prefer multiple posts. I have a user on my ignore list and if you quote them I can't see your post either. :P

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 2:03 pm

It was nice cycling in the middle of the road without cars or kayaking or swimming at the lakewithout too many people there. 2021 will be the last chance to have a summer without any tourists.

I'd prefer multiple posts. I have a user on my ignore list and if you quote them I can't see your post either. :P
Are you sure? ???
I can see posts which contain quotes from people I have on ignore. :o

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 2:04 pm

Sorry Elor, I'll try next time.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 2:06 pm

Sometimes I enjoy a quiet neighborhood.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/27/20 at 2:21 pm

Not a party person, but I've enjoyed the parties in my life...I consider myself a lively person and love color and good conversations with those of LIKE MINDS...and my apt shows it too with all the paintings I've done and are hanging on my walls....love colors but have worn some black....

Love living in CA as it's laid back and full of sun, times in NYC when I had to go for business yrs ago, talk about the rush of it all....

I have no tattos or piercings so I'm not that "out there"...but have stepped out of the so called "comfort zone" here in CA that would not have  happened if I had stayed in the East...

But at 82 living alone and not depressed and don't yearn for a group of people around, and when friends do visit, I'm happy when they leave.... 

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 2:24 pm

Are you sure? ???
I can see posts which contain quotes from people I have on ignore. :o

Oh yeah, that is the problem with the built-in ignore feature. I made my own which blocks the quotes, I can send you the code if you want.  :-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/27/20 at 3:51 pm

As for me, yes.  I like to party.  :P

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/27/20 at 9:07 pm

This past summer it was busier here than it’s been in a long time. People came here from all over because our numbers were low and our governor didn’t put restrictions on tourists. I saw plates from as far as Guatemala. I saw many traffic backups on the bridge unlike any I’d ever seen except for the annual car show which was canceled. Even backed up for like 2 miles going north on a Sunday when any other year it’s dead going north on Sunday. In June we had less than 100 COVID cases a day and almost none up north. By fall we were paying the price.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 9:18 pm

To me it felt eerie and apocalyptic, it felt depressing to me.

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 10:46 pm

Oh yeah, that is the problem with the built-in ignore feature. I made my own which blocks the quotes, I can send you the code if you want.  :-X
Ah ok, so you cheated the system. OK, then there's no wonder you can't see them. ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/28/20 at 7:45 am

As for me, yes.  I like to party.  :P

I don't party but if someone sent me a bunch of hot girls, I sure would.  ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/28/20 at 7:50 am

To me this year felt like a scene from "They Live" and "Groundhog Day" where Roddy Piper puts on his special glasses to see people wearing face masks and also waking up every day like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day and seeing the world wearing face masks.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/28/20 at 5:54 pm

I don't party but if someone sent me a bunch of hot girls, I sure would.  ;) ;D

No doubt...  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/29/20 at 2:56 pm

I'm sure we all have "fatigue" from this year being just awful.

Written By: Dude111 on 01/03/21 at 11:41 pm

No Jamin your right they dont....... Its very sad :(

Written By: Howard on 01/04/21 at 3:25 pm

I have mask fatigue cause my ears are almost swollen.

Written By: 2001 on 01/04/21 at 5:20 pm

I have mask fatigue cause my ears are almost swollen.

You might need to get the ones that you tie around the back of your head.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/04/21 at 10:40 pm

I’ve been using the ones I got from U of M hospital. They have a light elastic which is comfortable to wear all day. Compared to the DIY ones I started with that had heavy elastic. Or the ones my work gave out which wrap around your neck. If I had to wear either of those I’d hate it, I’d be fighting with it all day and I can see why people hate masks if that’s all they got.

Written By: nally on 01/04/21 at 10:50 pm

I was issued two of those, by my workplace. Anytime I actually have to go to the office, I bring one of those and wear it inside the office.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:49 am

I will look into that.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:50 am

I’ve been using the ones I got from U of M hospital. They have a light elastic which is comfortable to wear all day. Compared to the DIY ones I started with that had heavy elastic. Or the ones my work gave out which wrap around your neck. If I had to wear either of those I’d hate it, I’d be fighting with it all day and I can see why people hate masks if that’s all they got.

I hate wearing masks too but nothing much you can do about it.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/16/21 at 1:04 pm

Well, I think many out there just think the  mask is a part of their lives now...not this gal.

When people take stands and ban together to be free of them, we'll know more.

My grandgirl spent a week in Park City skiing with bf and hardly any masks, some yes and restaurants open for indoor EATING, how dare they.

Before that trip she and  her family went to a mexican beach for the holidays and hardly masks there too, and INDOOR EATING....again how dare they.

CA and NY are the worst on all this  Control.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/18/21 at 4:38 pm

Just heard another SANE hr with Dr. Kelly Victory and I hear her Mon-Fri on our radio here in LA and her words today were essentially:

((Virus is real, the stats are wrong and treatments are a MESS...One caller called talking about 2 relatives with issues and they believe they may have pneumonia and are put in quartantine and not treated for pneumonia..

Early on I read a lot of info that the covid stuff was/is so much like a pneumonia...so this is nothing new to ME..

And she says the pneumonia issues may be a side effect of the constant MASK wearing....

Sick sick sick all of it...

And yes hospitals are paid much more for covid cases,. deaths etc....

And CA is the LOWEST state in getting vaccines to their people....and news out of San Diego on a "batch" of bad Moderna vaccine has been detected.. and believe ME, I'm not a taker of any vaccine, unless it may save my life....)))

I have not discussed Dr. Victory and Del BigTree much here I don't think, as MOST of you think I'm nuts....Nuts for Truths...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 1:17 am

I hate wearing masks too but nothing much you can do about it.
I do not like wearing masks, but do even though I am exempt with my condition. It helps to protect me.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/19/21 at 12:19 pm

I do not like wearing masks, but do even though I am exempt with my condition. It helps to protect me.

You are sure it  helps protect you Philip?  Is this the only "protection" you count on?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:23 pm

You are sure it  helps protect you Philip?  Is this the only "protection" you count on?
The mask helps to not breathe in any droplets that contain any form of virus, worm especially in enclosed spaces.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/19/21 at 12:41 pm

The mask helps to not breathe in any droplets that contain any form of virus, worm especially in enclosed spaces.

Well, they have got you brainwashed on the droplet stuff, a new overused word since covid19 has been developed. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:44 pm

Well, they have got you brainwashed on the droplet stuff, a new overused word since covid19 has been developed. 
I have not been brainwashed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have received excellent medical advice for medical experts!

Written By: Elor on 01/19/21 at 12:46 pm

You calling someone brain washed is so hilarious.
How about you proof it with real evidence for a change?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:49 pm

Do you have proof I have been brainwashed, and who are they?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/21 at 2:59 pm

I take it off when I'm about to eat my lunch.

Written By: nally on 01/19/21 at 4:58 pm

I take it off when I'm about to eat my lunch.

Me too, otherwise I can't eat.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/21/21 at 10:47 am

What happened to jaminhealth ? ???

Written By: nally on 01/21/21 at 11:03 am

What happened to jaminhealth ? ???

Could have been shown the door. I dunno.

Written By: karen on 01/21/21 at 11:06 am

She was reminded several times about rule 2.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/22/21 at 6:54 pm

She was reminded several times about rule 2.

What’s rule #2? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/21 at 6:58 pm

What’s rule #2? ???

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=rules

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 6:11 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=rules

Cat

There actually had to be a rule about that? ???  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/23/21 at 2:23 pm

Do you think we're still having mask fatigue?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/23/21 at 4:47 pm

Do you think we're still having mask fatigue?

I'm past the point of fatigued. We are still under lockdown where I live except barber shops opened back up and outdoor gatherings are allowed now. All restaurants and indoor gatherings are still prohibited.

Written By: karen on 01/24/21 at 6:05 am

I am torn with how I feel about lockdown. On the one hand I could quite happily stay at home and watch tv all day, on the other my husband would drive me crazy - he needs to get outside at least once a day.

There are, of course, lots of things I miss:

I miss being able to go out for meal “just because”. Apart from a brief spell over the summer most indoor dining has been closed since last March. We have had a couple of meals out all year, and those had to be pre-booked. We are booking a delivery for my son’s birthday this week.

I miss seeing family and friends. Travel restrictions mean we have been unable to see my mother-in-law, apart from her birthday, when we sat in her garden all day. My family came here for my dad’s 80th and again we spent the afternoon out doors. One niece I have only seen via FaceTime. My Morris dance group hasn’t met in person since March, we meet over Zoom, but it isn’t quite the same.

I miss orienteering, both the exercise and challenge, and the socialising afterwards with club mates. We have been to two events, but under the rules active at the time we were encouraged to arrive shortly before our pre-booked start time, and depart as soon as we were finished. We should have had an orienteering holiday in July but that was cancelled.

I would also like to have my hair cut. I had an appointment booked for sometime in April but that was cancelled as part of our first lockdown. I managed to go in July. Then I wasn’t able to go again for ages. I booked an appointment in early January but this latest lockdown meant all hairdressers and barbers closed again two days beforehand.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 7:36 am

I'm past the point of fatigued. We are still under lockdown where I live except barber shops opened back up and outdoor gatherings are allowed now. All restaurants and indoor gatherings are still prohibited.

And people are still wearing masks? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/21 at 1:47 pm

I am torn with how I feel about lockdown. On the one hand I could quite happily stay at home and watch tv all day, on the other my husband would drive me crazy - he needs to get outside at least once a day.

There are, of course, lots of things I miss:

I miss being able to go out for meal “just because”. Apart from a brief spell over the summer most indoor dining has been closed since last March. We have had a couple of meals out all year, and those had to be pre-booked. We are booking a delivery for my son’s birthday this week.

I miss seeing family and friends. Travel restrictions mean we have been unable to see my mother-in-law, apart from her birthday, when we sat in her garden all day. My family came here for my dad’s 80th and again we spent the afternoon out doors. One niece I have only seen via FaceTime. My Morris dance group hasn’t met in person since March, we meet over Zoom, but it isn’t quite the same.

I miss orienteering, both the exercise and challenge, and the socialising afterwards with club mates. We have been to two events, but under the rules active at the time we were encouraged to arrive shortly before our pre-booked start time, and depart as soon as we were finished. We should have had an orienteering holiday in July but that was cancelled.

I would also like to have my hair cut. I had an appointment booked for sometime in April but that was cancelled as part of our first lockdown. I managed to go in July. Then I wasn’t able to go again for ages. I booked an appointment in early January but this latest lockdown meant all hairdressers and barbers closed again two days beforehand.

I feel similar to the way you do. However, our lives are not much different than it was before the shutdown. We have a big house so often, Carlos will be up here in the office and I will be in the living room downstairs. Or I will be up here and he will be in the kitchen downstairs. So, we do get our "alone time" even though we are still in the same house.

I, too miss going out to eat. I have ALWAYS loved going out to eat and I do miss it. We were able to go to a snack bar twice this past summer but the food was just ok and we probably won't go again. And it is not the same as going to a sit-down restaurant (which St. Patrick's Day last year was the last we went).

And of course, not seeing the grandkids. We saw 3 of them on Father's Day last year and had a visit from 2 in the summer (2 who we saw on Father's Day). We also saw Carlos' youngest's 3 when she stopped by around Christmas to drop off gifts and even though they were in the car, at least we got to see them.

This is the time when we usually head to Puerto Rico-of course not this year. I am not as disappointed in that as Carlos is. I get homesick because we usually stay for too long in my book. I would like to take a couple of trips to see my sisters and who knows when that will happen.

But, at least I have been able to get my hair done. I don't know when the next time will be because my hairdresser is on maternity leave and who knows when she will be back.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 2:10 pm

The good things we're doing in lockdown lately is we're trying a lot of new things, we're Zooming more, and we're spending more time with family inside the house, what are some good things you like about lockdown?

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/25/21 at 5:31 pm

I enjoy staying at home and away from people anyway. Even as a kid I’ve always lived in the sticks so I’m not one to go to the store every day or several times a day. Due to my faulty digestive system I never enjoyed going out to eat, besides it’s expensive. But I feel for the people who make their living off those who do.

The parts I didn’t like was I couldn’t go to bike trails or desolate pretty places in the up north wilderness. I would just bring stuff with me and not need to go inside a gas station or store, but the authorities wouldn’t see it that way. Also I had to put off my surgery.

I enjoy getting my hair cut because they got the cutest cosmetologists and I tip them well. But since it’s not the best place to be, if it’s open at all, I take great joy in getting proficient at using my Flowbee.

Written By: nally on 01/31/21 at 1:34 pm

The good things we're doing in lockdown lately is we're trying a lot of new things, we're Zooming more, and we're spending more time with family inside the house, what are some good things you like about lockdown?

Well, for one thing I've been working from home mostly. And the good thing about that is that I save wear-and-tear on the car, as well as fuel consumption. I'm pretty sure that over the last 10 months I've saved at least a couple thousand miles on driving, as well as mucho $$$ in gasoline. (Therefore I haven't had to fill the tank quite as frequently.)

Written By: karen on 01/31/21 at 1:54 pm

Well, for one thing I've been working from home mostly. And the good thing about that is that I save wear-and-tear on the car, as well as fuel consumption. I'm pretty sure that over the last 10 months I've saved at least a couple thousand miles on driving, as well as mucho $$$ in gasoline. (Therefore I haven't had to fill the tank quite as frequently.)

Did you get a reduction or a refund on your car insurance? Most companies in the U.K. gave refunds as a result of the reduced mileage people were doing. This meant there were fewer accidents.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/21 at 1:55 pm

There are no positives to the lockdown. It is destroying people's mental health and livelihood. I really feel bad for small businesses forced to shut down.

Written By: nally on 01/31/21 at 1:56 pm

Did you get a reduction or a refund on your car insurance? Most companies in the U.K. gave refunds as a result of the reduced mileage people were doing. This meant there were fewer accidents.

Something like that. Every month I get an expense check for reimbursement for the utilities I use in order to work remotely.

Written By: 2001 on 01/31/21 at 4:59 pm

There are no positives to the lockdown. It is destroying people's mental health and livelihood. I really feel bad for small businesses forced to shut down.

Lockdown is saving lives. Although I wish they would implement a curfew and open a few things up. I need to get a haircut.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/21 at 5:00 pm

Lockdown is saving lives. Although I wish they would implement a curfew and open a few things up. I need to get a haircut.

It's destroying lives

Written By: 2001 on 01/31/21 at 5:17 pm

It's destroying lives

Don't get poetic with me lol

Written By: Elor on 01/31/21 at 10:58 pm

It's destroying lives
And no lock down is killing lives.... ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 5:12 am

People need to go to work and makes but sometimes rules need to be enforced.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 5:13 am

Can you cut your own hair? ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/01/21 at 9:52 am

My insurance co does.  For  those who qualify (veteran) it's USAA, and the usual rates are really good

Written By: nally on 02/01/21 at 2:06 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can actually do that...unless they have that sort of skill.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/02/21 at 5:00 pm

And lock down is killing lives.... ::)

Fixed.

Written By: 2001 on 02/02/21 at 5:52 pm

Fixed.

How did you come to that conclusion? In Ontario we have 6,000 deaths from COVID-19 compared to Sweden with 12,000. That's despite the fact we have a larger population than them (15 million vs. 10 million). That's not even including the deaths from the healthcare system collapsing and people not being able to diagnose their cancers and other surgeries.

Written By: Elor on 02/02/21 at 10:07 pm

Fixed.
Have it your way then. Bye.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/21 at 11:07 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can actually do that...unless they have that sort of skill.

I can. I attended Cosmetology/Beauty School in 2009.  I completed over 700 hours! I trim my own hair sometimes. It's easy!....well, it is for me anyway. :(

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/02/21 at 11:33 pm

I can. I attended Cosmetology/Beauty School in 2009.  I completed over 700 hours! I trim my own hair sometimes. It's easy!....well, it is for me anyway. :(

I’m getting better with my Flowbee. But I cut it myself by hand once too. Had to be at child court in the morning and nobody was open after I got off work. I always watched the hairdressers so I imitated how they pulled the hair up between the fingers to a certain length. I hung the mirror from the other bathroom’s medicine cabinet over the bathroom door with a bungee cord, and positioned the remaining mirrors so I could see behind me. It actually turned out pretty good.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/21 at 3:21 am

I couldn't cut my own hair I'd probably botch it so I let a barber do it for me for a decent price of 16 dollars.

Written By: nally on 02/03/21 at 2:08 pm

Splendid! O0

My mom attended cosmetology school ~50 years or so ago but I don't know if she could cut her own hair. But she can cut mine! (In fact, she always cut mine before I started going to a salon to have it cut professionally.)

Written By: 2001 on 02/03/21 at 4:48 pm

Splendid! O0

My mom attended cosmetology school ~50 years or so ago but I don't know if she could cut her own hair. But she can cut mine! (In fact, she always cut mine before I started going to a salon to have it cut professionally.)

Lucky!

I never cut my own hair, but I used to trim it so I could wait longer in between barber visits (every 4-6 weeks was too rich for my blood). I lost my scissors so I haven't been doing it recently. I was looking at old pics and my hair used to look amazing then so I should probably get back into it.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 02/06/21 at 3:13 pm

My hometown in Ireland is literally like a ghostown at the moment. you'd be walking through and meet literally one other person. Its so sad. I've moved to my nearest city recently its still much more lively here despite the pandemic.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/06/21 at 7:33 pm

I definitely have Covid fatigue. I'm ready to get the vaccine and risk whatever conspiracy theory possibility. I can't do cardio with a mask on and I'm ready to get back in the gym!!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 02/07/21 at 3:09 pm

Now with the upcoming snowstorms we might be inside more often.

Written By: nally on 02/07/21 at 3:12 pm

Now with the upcoming snowstorms we might be inside more often.

That would probably be the case anyway for you guys, even if there were no pandemic.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/07/21 at 4:57 pm

I think we will see a boost in cases after tonight’s super bowl parties. Also restaurants reopened February 1.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/07/21 at 5:09 pm

I think we will see a boost in cases after tonight’s super bowl parties. Also restaurants reopened February 1.

Nooo please! I can't stand it anymore. :\'(

Written By: nally on 02/07/21 at 10:22 pm

Religious facilities also seem to have reopened this weekend, for services. But you can't put people in there without social-distancing them. Plus, I think if you're gonna hold services it should be limited to a certain number of people, or at most 10% capacity.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/21 at 7:55 am

When are we going to finally see no more outdoor dining?

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 11:00 am

When everyone gets vaccinated? I have no clue at this point.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/08/21 at 11:15 am

Outdoor dining is fine. At least with individual tables or 1 hut per party. Only thing is it’s kinda hard when it’s 10f and wind and snow.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/21 at 1:51 pm

Outdoor dining is fine. At least with individual tables or 1 hut per party. Only thing is it’s kinda hard when it’s 10f and wind and snow.

What they should do is when it gets very cold they should let people eat inside but wear a mask cause I don't think anybody would want to eat outside when it's really snowing.

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 2:14 pm

What they should do is when it gets very cold they should let people eat inside but wear a mask cause I don't think anybody would want to eat outside when it's really snowing.

Then they would probably suspend any type of dining at the eatery due to inclement weather.

Plus you can't wear a mask while you're eating.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/21 at 2:57 pm

I swore I'd never do it again, but I've been getting so bored and depressed that I started playing World of Warcraft again.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/09/21 at 2:44 pm

Is lockdown still continuing?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/21 at 2:47 pm

It is here, and fatigue is setting in, but there is a sign of hope with the vaccination programme.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/21 at 5:19 am

It is here, and fatigue is setting in, but there is a sign of hope with the vaccination programme.

There's been plenty of fatigue over here.

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/21 at 1:21 pm

It's starting to relax in Ontario and other parts of Canada. I expect us to be in a third wave by March/April and lockdown again by May. Our politicians have no clue what they're doing.

Written By: Elor on 02/12/21 at 2:54 pm

Our politicians have no clue what they're doing.
Isn't that a requirement to become a politician these days? ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/12/21 at 3:15 pm

It's starting to relax in Ontario and other parts of Canada. I expect us to be in a third wave by March/April and lockdown again by May. Our politicians have no clue what they're doing.

How many waves are there?

Written By: Elor on 02/13/21 at 12:34 am

How many waves are there?
That depends. If you relax lock downs too early while there are still many people with the virus it will spread again causing another wave of infections. Then the next lock down comes to combat it, the number goes down a bit, not so smart people scream for a relaxed lock down, the not so smart politicians oblige and the cycle starts anew turning the whole thing into a never ending story.  ::)

Hopefully the vaccines will have enough of an impact to break that cycle but at the speed they are currently administered I highly doubt it.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/13/21 at 10:15 am

Our lockdown has been eased a bit, and starting Tuesday I can get stabbed

Written By: Dude111 on 02/13/21 at 4:35 pm

STABBED???

I hope not Donny,we all love ya buddy!!

Written By: Elor on 02/14/21 at 1:24 am

STABBED???

His name still isn't Donny though. ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/14/21 at 10:12 am

STABBED???

Stabbed - verb, being penetrated by a sharp object

His name still isn't Donny though. ;)

Thanks Elor, he just can't get it straight

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/21 at 2:07 pm

STABBED???

I'm gonna say this again and hopefully this time it will sink in. HIS NAME IS NOT DONNY!!!!!

Please stop calling him that!

Cat

Written By: Elor on 02/14/21 at 3:21 pm

Please stop calling him that!

He needs to don some armor and ride into battle against the misuse of his title. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/21 at 5:37 pm

He needs to don some armor and ride into battle against the misuse of his title. ;)

To fight a windmill?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 02/15/21 at 12:19 am

Im sorry Cat I keep forgetting......

Its Carlos right?? :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/21 at 2:09 pm

Im sorry Cat I keep forgetting......

Its Carlos right?? :)

Yes, it's Carlos. Don is his title (Spanish for "Sir"). But if you prefer, you can call him "Doctor Carlos" because he is in fact a doctor (PhD).

Cat

Written By: Elor on 02/16/21 at 1:02 pm

Yes, it's Carlos. Don is his title (Spanish for "Sir"). But if you prefer, you can call him "Doctor Carlos" because he is in fact a doctor (PhD).

How about Donctor? :D ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/21 at 10:05 am

How about Donctor? :D ;D

Just Carlos is fine  ;)

Written By: 2001 on 03/31/21 at 9:52 pm

https://i.imgur.com/RV9SpRd.png

Shucks, I was off by a month!

Written By: Slim95 on 03/31/21 at 11:13 pm

That's crazy!  :o Third wave may be as deadly as the second after all.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/21 at 7:24 am

There's also mask fatigue.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/02/21 at 2:51 pm

jaminhealth lives on through this thread.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/04/21 at 2:41 am

That's crazy!  :o Third wave may be as deadly as the second after all.

When you look at it logically it really isn't as crazy as it seems.  That's why all of Ontario is shutting down for a month because it seems that COVID Patients are getting younger and younger and it's the younger ones that are going Donald Trump and are ignoring all of the science.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/21 at 3:17 am

When you look at it logically it really isn't as crazy as it seems.  That's why all of Ontario is shutting down for a month because it seems that COVID Patients are getting younger and younger and it's the younger ones that are going Donald Trump and are ignoring all of the science.
With many COVID variants around the world, infecting people in many different forms, we will have to expect lockdowns for some while. The latest count for the number of variants is over 37,000.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/04/21 at 3:45 am

With many COVID variants around the world, infecting people in many different forms, we will have to expect lockdowns for some while. The latest count for the number of variants is over 37,000.

Please no..

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/21 at 3:51 am

Please no..
What is happening in France, Italy, Germany, and The Philippines, cases have increased and lockdowns have been introduced. The UK fears of the third wave.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/04/21 at 11:19 am

So I got my first shot a week or so back (through the VA) and I'm scheduled to get my second one on the 15th.

After that, COVID is over for me. I wore their masks, I isolated myself, I'm getting my shots, I did everything they told me to, and if they try to add any more hoops for me to jump through after I get my second shot then they can kiss my ass.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/21 at 1:31 pm

So I got my first shot a week or so back (through the VA) and I'm scheduled to get my second one on the 15th.

After that, COVID is over for me. I wore their masks, I isolated myself, I'm getting my shots, I did everything they told me to, and if they try to add any more hoops for me to jump through after I get my second shot then they can kiss my ass.

I got my 2nd vaccination just yesterday and I'm done with getting all my shots.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/04/21 at 2:48 pm

Have you felt any side effects from the vaccine?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/04/21 at 3:09 pm

My mom won't get it until she qualifies for it and our area isn't up to people who were born in 1956 or earlier.  I probably won't be able to get it until it's down to 1976 or earlier.  I know I've got lockdown fatigue but I also know that I've got to wait until it's my turn to get it done and when it's my turn to get it done I will.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/04/21 at 3:33 pm

I will definitely not be taking any vaccines.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/04/21 at 4:34 pm

I will definitely not be taking any vaccines.

And nobody is saying that you have to take it! I'm saying that I'm going to take a vaccine, except for the Astral Zeneca vaccine, when it's my turn.

Written By: 2001 on 04/04/21 at 4:53 pm

My mom won't get it until she qualifies for it and our area isn't up to people who were born in 1956 or earlier.  I probably won't be able to get it until it's down to 1976 or earlier.  I know I've got lockdown fatigue but I also know that I've got to wait until it's my turn to get it done and when it's my turn to get it done I will.

It is 1966 or earlier if you take the AstraZeneca one. I got both my parents an appointment.

Here are all the pharmacies taking appointments. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

I got mine at Walmart but I just checked and it seems most of them are booked in Eastern Ontario. If you are willing drive to the GTA I did find appointments there, in places like Vaughan, Aurora, Scarborough etc. https://www.walmart.ca/cp/shop/covid-19-vaccinations-centre-info/6000203072273

Written By: nally on 04/04/21 at 7:20 pm

Similarly, people in my age bracket aren't eligible for it either (unless they have underlying health conditions and/or work in a certain field, which I don't). However, not too long ago I heard that ALL adults in my area will be eligible for it starting on the 15th of this month. And as soon as I can get it, I will schedule an appointment. And get it done. ASAP.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/04/21 at 8:45 pm

It is 1966 or earlier if you take the AstraZeneca one. I got both my parents an appointment.

Here are all the pharmacies taking appointments. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

I got mine at Walmart but I just checked and it seems most of them are booked in Eastern Ontario. If you are willing drive to the GTA I did find appointments there, in places like Vaughan, Aurora, Scarborough etc. https://www.walmart.ca/cp/shop/covid-19-vaccinations-centre-info/6000203072273

Where I am, in Cobourg, it's for those who were born in 1946 or earlier.  My mom was born in 1947 which means that she's not eligible for the vaccine just yet.  I don't think my mom is willing to drive that far just to get a vaccine.

Written By: 2001 on 04/04/21 at 9:29 pm

Where I am, in Cobourg, it's for those who were born in 1946 or earlier.  My mom was born in 1947 which means that she's not eligible for the vaccine just yet.  I don't think my mom is willing to drive that far just to get a vaccine.

I will try to be on the lookout for your mom. You might want to try putting your mom on the waitlist at Shoppers, Rexall or Costco, since they are vaccinating 55+ year olds and they will email you when they have it available. Although since your mother is one year off she might be eligible for Pfizer/Moderna soon anyway.

https://rexall.medmeapp.com/schedule
https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/appointment
https://covid-19.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/04/21 at 9:55 pm

I will try to be on the lookout for your mom. You might want to try putting your mom on the waitlist at Shoppers, Rexall or Costco, since they are vaccinating 55+ year olds and they will email you when they have it available. Although since your mother is one year off she might be eligible for Pfizer/Moderna soon anyway.

https://rexall.medmeapp.com/schedule
https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/appointment
https://covid-19.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en

Thanks Slowpoke!

Written By: Howard on 04/05/21 at 3:43 am

Have you felt any side effects from the vaccine?

Nope, nothing, no side effects whatsoever but I did get a sore throat just the other day but I think that was from the changing of the weather not the side effects.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/21 at 5:30 am

Nope, nothing, no side effects whatsoever but I did get a sore throat just the other day but I think that was from the changing of the weather not the side effects.
Could the sore throat be from hay fever, for it is the season for it now?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/05/21 at 3:12 pm

Good news everybody!

My mother was talking to some mutual friends of ours and she asked if they got their vaccine yet? And they had.  It turns out that the local health unit didn't update their website information and so my mother is getting her first vaccine in a few weeks.  I have to wait until about June or July to get mine.
I said to my mom the first thing that I'm going to do as soon as I get vaccinated is I'm going to get this, referring to my hair, taken care of.  And she asked me to get it cut? And I said yes.  I just feel like Cousin It from The Addams Family!

Written By: violet_shy on 04/05/21 at 4:48 pm

Good news everybody!

My mother was talking to some mutual friends of ours and she asked if they got their vaccine yet? And they had.  It turns out that the local health unit didn't update their website information and so my mother is getting her first vaccine in a few weeks.  I have to wait until about June or July to get mine.
I said to my mom the first thing that I'm going to do as soon as I get vaccinated is I'm going to get this, referring to my hair, taken care of.  And she asked me to get it cut? And I said yes.  I just feel like Cousin It from The Addams Family!

That's wonderful, Celeste! I'm waiting to get my hair done this week or next. So, I kinda know how you're feelin'!  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/06/21 at 7:27 am

Could the sore throat be from hay fever, for it is the season for it now?

I think it was allergies.

Written By: 2001 on 04/06/21 at 2:47 pm

Both my parents are now vaccinated! My little sister has been identified as highest-risk health category, so she'll be vaccinated soon too, most likely next week. I'm so happy! :D

Written By: Dude111 on 04/06/21 at 3:44 pm

Just Carlos is fine  ;)

Thank you buddy,I keep getting your name mixed up. (Sometimes I think its Donny)

I think I got it now :)

How are you dioing these days Carlos?

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/21 at 5:24 pm

Now a stay-at-home order was just announced beginning tomorrow.

Written By: 2001 on 04/07/21 at 7:41 pm

Woohoo! My two brothers and my sister are now eligible for a vaccine!

My one brother works in a hotspot zone and is a healthcare worker. My sister was identified as having a highest-risk health condition, and she gets to choose one primary caregiver. My parents are both vaccinated already and I volunteered to let my brother have it over me since he has bronchitis.

I am the last one left. Things are moving fast though, I hope I get my shot soon. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/10/21 at 1:17 pm

I think people are ready to start to eat inside restaurants but with mandates, I see more lockdown fatigue.

Written By: nally on 04/10/21 at 1:23 pm

I think people are ready to start to eat inside restaurants but with mandates, I see more lockdown fatigue.

In California, certain counties are allowing indoor dining again, but at limited capacity.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/10/21 at 3:44 pm

https://www.9and10news.com/2021/04/09/gov-whitmer-urges-two-week-pause-on-in-person-schools-youth-sports-and-indoor-dining/

Our governor is asking people, schools, and restaurants to avoid indoor gatherings to slow our ridiculous numbers. Not ordering, since power to do her job was stripped away last year. Nobody is going to voluntarily shut their business down, especially after what they have already been through.

Written By: karen on 04/10/21 at 3:56 pm

In England outdoor dining will open from Monday 12 April. Many places have invested in screens and shelters to help separate tables and for people to feel more secure.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/11/21 at 3:30 am

In my town patios are open but indoor dining is strictly prohibited. All stores must have a maximum of 30% capacity as well.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/21 at 7:20 am

In my town patios are open but indoor dining is strictly prohibited. All stores must have a maximum of 30% capacity as well.

So Slim, when will it be 100%?  ???

Written By: Slim95 on 04/11/21 at 1:15 pm

So Slim, when will it be 100%?  ???

It will probably go back to 100% in May.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/21 at 2:05 pm

It will probably go back to 100% in May.

I sure hope so, restaurants need 100% and people are just frustrated and want to go back to eating indoors again.

Written By: nally on 04/11/21 at 2:08 pm

I sure hope so, restaurants need 100% and people are just frustrated and want to go back to eating indoors again.

Yes, I'm sure many people want to; it just has to be safe to do so first. And it's gonna take a long while to get everyone vaccinated.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/11/21 at 3:12 pm

Yes, I'm sure many people want to; it just has to be safe to do so first. And it's gonna take a long while to get everyone vaccinated.

Indoor dining was allowed where I live a week ago. So it has nothing to do with vaccines but rather case numbers. How it works where I live is the more case numbers there are, the more restrictions imposed.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/11/21 at 3:44 pm

Ontario is in a province-wide lockdown until May 6, and I can say with a degree of certainty that people are getting tired of staying home.  But we have to do what we have to do in order to get the COVID Numbers under control and alleviate some of the burden that's being put on our health care system.

Written By: nally on 04/11/21 at 11:28 pm

Indoor dining was allowed where I live a week ago. So it has nothing to do with vaccines but rather case numbers. How it works where I live is the more case numbers there are, the more restrictions imposed.

Yeah, that's true. The case rates are a contributing factor. Even so, I do not wish to go out to dine until I have had my vaccinations.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/21 at 3:38 am

Ontario is in a province-wide lockdown until May 6, and I can say with a degree of certainty that people are getting tired of staying home.  But we have to do what we have to do in order to get the COVID Numbers under control and alleviate some of the burden that's being put on our health care system.

I'm sure we're all tired of staying home.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/15/21 at 6:08 am

99.7%

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/21 at 6:38 am

99.7%
= ?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/15/21 at 7:11 am

= ?

You know what it means. I can't say any more than that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/21 at 7:14 am

You know what it means. I can't say any more than that.
I do not know, that was why I ask.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/15/21 at 7:18 am

Dunno if this is worth risking getting banned over but I guess i'll say it.

99.7% survival rate.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/21 at 7:21 am

99.7% survival rate.
Even higher once vaccinated?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/15/21 at 7:50 am

Lol thats about the same survival rate as the flu.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/21 at 7:54 am

Lol thats about the same survival rate as the flu.

Both Covid-19 and influenza are viral.

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 9:21 am

99.7% survival rate.

The numbers I get show a mortality of about 2% in the USA (32,150,766 cases and 578,101 deaths).
But I guess for some people over half a million dead bodies in one year isn't that much.... (WWII cost you ~407,300 in about 4 years just for comparison). ::)

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/15/21 at 10:11 am

Wrong numbers. It's definitely above 99% according to official stats. Maybe that was just for the over 65 age range. About the same amount of deaths as the flu every year.

Keep in mind, the amount of deaths from missed cancer appointments, lockdown influenced suicides and poverty/homelessness...

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 10:18 am

Wrong numbers. It's definitely above 99% according to official stats. Maybe that was just for the over 65 age range. About the same amount of deaths as the flu every year.

Keep in mind, the amount of deaths from missed cancer appointments, lockdown influenced suicides and poverty/homelessness...

OK, but I don't think it gets much more official than the numbers of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html
They list 30,737,477 cases and 556,106 deaths for April 9. That's 1.8% mortality.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/15/21 at 10:43 am

The numbers I get show a mortality of about 2% in the USA (32,150,766 cases and 578,101 deaths).
But I guess for some people over half a million dead bodies in one year isn't that much.... (WWII cost you ~407,300 in about 4 years just for comparison). ::)

And that’s WITH all the lockdowns, closed businesses, masks, distancing, sanitizer, and currently vaccinated people. Imagine if life had just gone on as usual.

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 10:45 am

And that’s WITH all the lockdowns, closed businesses, masks, distancing, sanitizer, and currently vaccinated people. Imagine if life had just gone on as usual.
That's what a lot of people don't get. ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 10:56 am

Death is a sad thing indeed but it is unavoidable. People die everyday from all sorts of reasons. Even shutting the entire world down and forcing people to not move won't fix that. It's part of nature. It's weird how this became some weird virtue signalling by the left.

Even weirder how some people think the fact that they wore a mask today and socially distanced means they have saved a life and they are proud of themselves. It doesn't work that way.  ;D

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/15/21 at 11:03 am

OK, but I don't think it gets much more official than the numbers of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html
They list 30,737,477 cases and 556,106 deaths for April 9. That's 1.8% mortality.

And how many of that 1.8% are death by natural causes of over 80s marked down as Covid. Or other deaths marked as Covid to overhype this flu.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 11:08 am

I don't want people getting the wrong idea. I do not believe the numbers are fake. Covid-19 is a real illness and it is tragic how many people got infected. I just think the government and media are doing no one any favours.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 11:09 am

And how many of that 1.8% are death by natural causes of over 80s marked down as Covid. Or other deaths marked as Covid to overhype this flu.

That would be a conspiracy theory though.

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 11:10 am

Death is a sad thing indeed but it is unavoidable. People die everyday from all sorts of reasons. Even shutting the entire world down and forcing people to not move won't fix that. It's part of nature. It's weird how this became some weird virtue signalling by the left.

That's like saying seat belt laws don't do a thing cause death is inevitable in the end and it's just a left virtue signalling thing...

Even weirder how some people think the fact that they wore a mask today and distanced means they have saved a life and they are proud of themselves. It doesn't work that way.  ;D

So you say if we all came  together without distance and masks the virus would spread at the same speed? What do you base this on?

Odd, you just said the official numbers don't match mine. Now I gave you the official numbers and all of a sudden they all lie?
How about you show me your numbers and the source?

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 11:11 am

That's like saying seat belt laws don't do a thing cause death is inevitable in the end and it's just a left virtue signalling thing...
So you say if we came all together without distance and masks the virus would spread at the same speed? What do you base this on?
Odd, you just said the official numbers don't match mine. Now I gave you the official numbers and all of a sudden they all lie?
How about you show me your numbers and the source?

I stand by everything I've said in my post, no apologies, the restrictions and regulations and response by people and the state of fear and panic is ridiculous.

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 11:12 am

I stand by everything I've said in my post.
I asked a simple question, please answer it. Would the virus spread at the same speed in your opinion and what do you base it on?

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 11:26 am

I'm not here to argue or debate

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/15/21 at 12:03 pm

I stand by everything I've said in my post, no apologies, the restrictions and regulations and response by people and the state of fear and panic is ridiculous.

Fear and caution are not the same, and there was certainly no panic - in fact quite the opposite.  Notice also that every time there was  a defiant large gathering there was an outbreak.  Being 75 I also object to the nonchalant attitude toward the deaths of older people.  The lives of seniors are no more expendable than any others

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 12:24 pm

Fear and caution are not the same, and there was certainly no panic - in fact quite the opposite.  Notice also that every time there was  a defiant large gathering there was an outbreak.  Being 75 I also object to the nonchalant attitude toward the deaths of older people.  The lives of seniors are no more expendable than any others

I agree if that were the case but it's not. The world is in a state of fear not just caution. Actually most people are in fear themselves but are just saying that they care for the elderly as both a form of virtue signaling and to take the fear off of themselves so people don't think they are the ones in fear. I know that sounds harsh but I know what human nature is like.

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 12:47 pm

Slim, do you know how a virus reproduces? Do you know how an airborne virus spreads?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/15/21 at 12:55 pm

I'm not here to argue or debate

That's a new one on me. I thought that's what we were all here for.  :o

Written By: Elor on 04/15/21 at 1:19 pm

Or other deaths marked as Covid to overhype this flu.

Funny that you keep speaking of a flu let's see the flu death numbers for some pre COVID years shall we.

As it does for the numbers of flu cases, doctor’s visits and hospitalizations, CDC also estimates deaths in the United States using mathematical modeling. CDC estimates that from 2010-2011 to 2013-2014, influenza-associated deaths in the United States ranged from a low of 12,000 (during 2011-2012) to a high of 56,000 (during 2012-2013).
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm
Whoopsie only 10% of the COVID deaths per year in the high season of 2011-2012. Maybe you should rethink that flu comparison.....
BTW when was the last time a flu brought first world health systems to the brink of collapse even though the countries were in lockdown? I don't remember that happening in my life time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/21 at 2:20 pm

Yes, we ALL have lockdown fatigue. This has been going on for over a YEAR now. Why? Because of idiots who do not think this is such a big deal, do not social distance, do not wear masks, etc. The longer people are stupid about it, the longer this is going to take. Look at New Zealand. EVERYONE did their part and now they can all meet without masks. Yeah, New Zealand is an island without a large population but they have shown the world what SHOULD have been done over a year ago.

We now have another weapon in our arsenal-the vaccine. I understand that there are some who CAN'T take it for whatever reason. I have a chronic case of needle-itis. When I have to have a needle-it is NOT pretty. I have been known to hyperventilate, to start crying and a lot of other things (but I don't pass out). You can ask Carlos who is so kind to be there to literally hold my hand. But I got it (well, the first dose so far-my second one is scheduled for the 24th). So why did I go through all of that? I did it because I want to see my grandkids again. I did it because I didn't want to stay locked up for the rest of my life. I did it because I want ALL of us to get closer to herd immunity. I did it because I don't want this virus to have a chance to mutate. I did it because I care about my fellow human beings.  And so many other reasons. If someone like me who has MAJOR issues with getting needles can get it, just about everyone can. For those who CHOOSE not to, they are just being selfish. 

What people don't realize that with many cases out there, the virus can and will mutate-meaning if you had it, you probably won't be immune. Also, it could mean that vaccines may not be as effected as they were against variants. People don't realize that we are ALL in this together. EVERYONE needs to do their part. There is no room for selfishness. If we want to beat this virus once and for all, ALL of us have to do their part.

And we did this once before. How many of you have had a smallpox vaccine? My guess is not too many. That is because it was eradicated. We can do the same thing with Covid if EVERYONE does their part.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/21 at 2:51 pm

I had my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and aside from some slight fatigue for a couple of hours after receiving it, so far I am feeling no side effects.

COVID is over for me now. I'll still wear a mask when required, but other than that I'm done. I did everything that the government and the media told me to, and if they try to add any more hoops for me to jump through then they can go suck an egg.

The form that I had to sign at the VA when I got my shots specifically said that it was an unapproved vaccine. I just hope I don't get some weird kind of cancer or grow a tail or something in 5 years because of it.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/21 at 3:09 pm

There's no way I'm getting any vaccine.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/21 at 3:28 pm

I really can't blame you for thinking that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/21 at 3:32 pm

Why?

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/15/21 at 4:39 pm

Somewhere in this thread I linked to a report on this topic. There has been no increase in the number of suicides (in the U.K.)

Homeless people have been living in hotels in many towns and cities in the U.K. as well. I know that has been the case in my town.

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/21 at 5:22 pm

I agree if that were the case but it's not. The world is in a state of fear not just caution. Actually most people are in fear themselves but are just saying that they care for the elderly as both a form of virtue signaling and to take the fear off of themselves so people don't think they are the ones in fear. I know that sounds harsh but I know what human nature is like.

If by fear you mean I live in fear of inadvertently killing someone or my parents then yes "I live in fear".

But, I live quite comfortably and unlike all these people complaining about their "mental health" because they can't go to nightclubs, 2020 was one my best years ever. I never felt so close to my family, friends and community.

Truth is you'll never be happy if you only care about yourself. Humans are social animals not only at a friend/family level but also at a community/societal level. Call it "virtue signalling" but there is a reason people do it and there's a reason it feels good unless you're a psychopath. I am grateful I live in a society where people are willing to sacrifice so much for a complete strangers, and it fills me with virtue signalling joy to do the same.

I see all these anti-maskers shouting about freedom and not living in fear, and frankly I don't envy them. Indeed I pity them that they feel so much anguish over a small sacrifice such as wearing a mask. It makes me think, what are the other small inconveniences in life that send them into such a puerile fit? I can't imagine someone like that ever being happy.

And while they have their anti-masker group of friends, who will they have once this pandemic is over? Are these anti-maskers a group known for sympathizing with others? Good luck with that. I know after all this has blown over I will still have my family, friends and community whom I know care about me, and once we see each other again I'm going to have someone to hold tight. That's real happiness. You can sell that anti-mask junk to someone who needs it.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/15/21 at 6:06 pm

If anybody had told me even 15 years ago that wearing a mask during the worst pandemic in 100 years would be a political issue instead of just plain common sense and courtesy to one's fellow man and woman, I would have balked. Yet here we are.  It would take entire books (and they have been written) to explain how we got here. How everything is now political. Politics has taken the place of religion too, in some strange way (and I don't say this with any pro or anti religious stance, only to report facts). When Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg died and people were lighting candles and actually KNEELING in front of the Capitol, a GOVERNMENT building, I knew things had taken a very bizarre turn. Ruth Bader Ginsberg, who, as a Supreme Court judge, was supposed to be the very symbol of bipartisanship  and non-sectarianism, was the equivalent of a RELIGIOUS figure to some people. This is not a good state of affairs.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/21 at 8:13 pm

If anybody had told me even 15 years ago that wearing a mask during the worst pandemic in 100 years would be a political issue instead of just plain common sense and courtesy to one's fellow man and woman, I would have balked. Yet here we are.  It would take entire books (and they have been written) to explain how we got here. How everything is now political. Politics has taken the place of religion too, in some strange way (and I don't say this with any pro or anti religious stance, only to report facts). When Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg died and people were lighting candles and actually KNEELING in front of the Capitol, a GOVERNMENT building, I knew things had taken a very bizarre turn. Ruth Bader Ginsberg, who, as a Supreme Court judge, was supposed to be the very symbol of bipartisanship  and non-sectarianism, was the equivalent of a RELIGIOUS figure to some people. This is not a good state of affairs.

We can thank social media for that.  It's really done a lot of damage to our society and our enemies have been very adept at exploiting it to help weaken and divide us.

My only hope is that this might just be a phase we're going through (since the technology is still so new and has advanced so rapidly) and that we'll eventually adapt to it and evolve past it.

But I'm not too hopeful.  It's as if Facebook and Google and Twitter and the like want to make us so dependent on their services that we become cyborgs for all intents and purposes.

I'm guilty of being addicted to these services myself. But I'm old enough to remember life before them. Sometimes I wonder how people who never knew life without the Internet would fare if some catastrophic event were to suddenly disable or even destroy it.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/21 at 5:20 am

What would've happened?

Written By: Howard on 04/16/21 at 5:23 am

Why not?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/16/21 at 5:34 am

Why not?

Why get one?

Written By: Howard on 04/16/21 at 5:53 am

Why get one?

I guess to protect yourself.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/16/21 at 6:07 am

I guess to protect yourself.

Why would I need to protect myself from a flu with a 99.something% survival rate that is only remotely a risk to over 80s?

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/16/21 at 6:35 am

Why would I need to protect myself from a flu with a 99.something% survival rate that is only remotely a risk to over 80s?

Because it helps break the chain of infection and stops the spread to others. But  I can tell you won't be convinced of the bleeding obvious, so just don't get it then. Be selfish and ignorant and let others get us all out of this.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/16/21 at 7:04 am

Because it helps break the chain of infection and stops the spread to others. But  I can tell you won't be convinced of the bleeding obvious, so just don't get it then. Be selfish and ignorant and let others get us all out of this.

The "officials" have literally admitted you can still spread this virus after taking the vaccine. Hence why even after getting it you're still required to wear masks and all that lololol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/21 at 8:29 am

The "officials" have literally admitted you can still spread this virus after taking the vaccine. Hence why even after getting it you're still required to wear masks and all that lololol.
From the World Health Organisation:

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-vaccines?adgroupsurvey={adgroupsurvey}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6-SDBhCMARIsAGbI7UjjbPckkH8AUWGJl-qu1FaoSC8vg82-rZGUI9I1fX7xsAVhDc3rJG8aAgmgEALw_wcB

The COVID-19 vaccines produce protection against the disease, as a result of developing an immune response to the SARS-Cov-2 virus.  Developing immunity through vaccination means there is a reduced risk of developing the  illness and its consequences. This immunity helps you fight the virus if exposed. Getting vaccinated may also protect people around you, because if you are protected from getting infected and from disease, you are less likely to infect someone else. This is particularly important to protect people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, such as healthcare providers, older or elderly adults, and people with other medical conditions.

Written By: 2001 on 04/16/21 at 8:30 am

How can you tell if someone is anti-vax? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Whether you get immunized through vaccination or catching the disease makes no difference to me in the end. You are wrong about transmission though, vaccines reduce transmission significantly, just not 100%, that is why wearing masks is recommended. People who are vaccinated however are free to gather in groups, travel abroad, not obliged to isolate when exposed etc. so it's wrong to say they have the same encumberments as unvaccinated people.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/16/21 at 9:04 am

From the World Health Organisation:

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-vaccines?adgroupsurvey={adgroupsurvey}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6-SDBhCMARIsAGbI7UjjbPckkH8AUWGJl-qu1FaoSC8vg82-rZGUI9I1fX7xsAVhDc3rJG8aAgmgEALw_wcB

The COVID-19 vaccines produce protection against the disease, as a result of developing an immune response to the SARS-Cov-2 virus.  Developing immunity through vaccination means there is a reduced risk of developing the  illness and its consequences. This immunity helps you fight the virus if exposed. Getting vaccinated may also protect people around you, because if you are protected from getting infected and from disease, you are less likely to infect someone else. This is particularly important to protect people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, such as healthcare providers, older or elderly adults, and people with other medical conditions.

The WHO reminds me of manga artists who end up making plotholes so they just come up with more contrived BS to try to cover up past plotholes whilst making the whole situation all the more ridiculous and nonsensical.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/16/21 at 9:14 am

The WHO reminds me of manga artists who end up making plotholes so they just come up with more contrived BS to try to cover up past plotholes whilst making the whole situation all the more ridiculous and nonsensical.

Now we know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/16/21 at 9:44 am

I don't think you do.  I think you are overly cynical - maybe judging all humans  by your own standards.  I'll play the  age card.  I'm fairly certain that I am a good deal older than you with much wider experience to judge from and I don't see the kind or extent of fear you seem to see except from those who are caught up in conspiracy theories pushed by those who want us to be afraid - of just about everything, including each other.  Certainly human nature is malleable but most individuals, given the chance, will choose kindness over meanness, trust over suspicion, etc.  Group behavior, on the other hand, is another matter

Written By: Slim95 on 04/16/21 at 12:55 pm

People just need to calm down and not let the media influence your thinking. From day 1 the media was about fear-mongering and twisting things up and now all of the sudden that has changed? Notice how they have to report all these new variants now to increase the numbers? The pandemic is never gonna go away since new variants show up all the time. There is a new flu variant every single year. When will this pandemic go away? When the government and media say so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/16/21 at 1:22 pm

Opinion: If you are healthy and refuse to take the vaccine, you are a free-rider

Opinion by
Michael Gerson
Columnist
April 15, 2021 at 3:42 p.m. EDT

The recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration to pause use of the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine — citing six women who developed serious blood clots in their brains after vaccination — could hardly have come at a worse time.

This news arrived just as vaccination eligibility was opening up and a whole new tranche of people were making the decision to either get or refuse the stick of a needle. Nearly half the eligible population has received at least one injection. Uptake is still limited by vaccine supply in many places. But as public health authorities try to reach the country’s second half — or at least enough to reach herd immunity — they will eventually be recruiting along a descending path of public enthusiasm. And any news that heightens the impression of risk makes their task harder.

As someone who received the Pfizer vaccine, it is easy for me to say that fears about the Johnson & Johnson version are exaggerated. But they are exaggerated. Your chances of getting this side effect are literally one in a million. The CDC’s and FDA’s seriousness about screening for even a minuscule level of risk should encourage confidence in the overall vaccination system. And the vast majority of shots in American arms have been with the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, which have not displayed this side effect. There really is no cause for public panic.

It is the “almost” that creates problems. Taking these vaccines involves the chance of a temporary fever, headaches and muscle aches. It involves a very remote risk of more serious complications. And this raises the unavoidable problem of free riders.

Free riders are people who benefit from the public good but don’t have to pay or sacrifice for it. In the case of a pandemic, free riders are those who enjoy the positive result when other people get vaccinated — lower transmission of the virus and eventual herd protection — but refuse to take a tiny risk and get vaccinated themselves. The challenge comes, of course, when lots of people realize they can be free riders, and the public good is destroyed.

Charles Darwin wrote about this issue when dealing with the evolution of groups or tribes. It benefits a tribe when its members are cooperative, brave and concerned for each other. But each individual in the tribe has a natural predisposition to be a selfish individualist while benefiting from the social virtues of other members. So how does a tribe maintain its cooperation, courage and mutual concern over time?

Darwin pointed to a number of means. But a particularly powerful “stimulus to the development of social virtues,” he wrote, was that people are deeply concerned about “the praise and blame of our fellow-men.” Human beings avoid being free riders because it is shameful and they care about their reputations. Darwin added that religion gives to these duties the aura of sacredness.

Certain social virtues have become urgent during the covid-19 crisis. And this is testing our country at a weakened point. Many Americans have lost the sense that they share a common enterprise — that they are part of the same tribe. It will seem extraordinary to future generations that, amid a pandemic, some used health policy as a political weapon in the culture war.

Yet for most people hesitant to take the vaccine, the problem is not polarization or conspiracy theories. It is inconvenience, needle fears and a vague sense of personal risk. It is the voice of safety and selfishness in our ear: If we are headed toward herd immunity anyway, what does it matter whether I get vaccinated?

You probably will not hear this assessment from medical professionals, who are trained to be nonjudgmental. But being judgmental is pretty much my job description. So: If you are healthy and refuse to take the vaccine when your chance comes, you are a free rider. You are gaining the benefits of living in a community without paying the minimal cost. And, in the middle of a health emergency, this is shameful. During the past year, front-line workers — especially health workers — have taken far greater risks each day. Many have paid with their lives. Many are paying with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. Next to this, the real risk of getting vaccinated is minimal. You are being a bad citizen if you don’t.

The reality, whether people like it or not, is that we do share a community. We owe much of our health and happiness to one another. And we have bonds of history and duty deeper than our differences.

Performing these duties is not without reward. There is a personal benefit in fulfilling a civic responsibility — a sense of pride and shared purpose. And being vaccinated brings a thrill of freedom, allowing you to move through the world with less fear. But the ultimate goal — the return of normal life — can be achieved only when we act together.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/04/15/healthy-refusing-covid-vaccine-shame-you/

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/16/21 at 1:37 pm

The main reason I wanted the Covid vaccine is because I have a high risk of blood clots. I’ve already had 3 DVTs. I could get another DVT but it doesn’t mean it was the fault of the vaccine. Only 1 in a million is a success home run and who knows if these women would have gotten the blood clots anyway. Compared to a story I read last year where over half of the people autopsied after dying of Covid had blood clots lodged in their organs, brain, wherever.

I just went through hearing loss on one side. I could have blamed the vaccine. But the doctor dug out enough ear wax to fill a pop bottle cap. Never had ear wax problems before. But there’s a first time for everything. Until 2013 I never had blood clot problems either.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/16/21 at 1:39 pm

I know, I will be banned from flights, concerts, sporting events, and maybe even more things. Unfortunately that is how it is like these days. Why does the charter of rights still exist though? All of it has been scrapped in 2020 there is no reason for it to still be around. In fact it's offensive that our government still has the charter up even if it is clearly no longer in effect. I would rather they admit it we no longer live in a free country straight up.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/16/21 at 2:11 pm

The main reason I wanted the Covid vaccine is because I have a high risk of blood clots. I’ve already had 3 DVTs. I could get another DVT but it doesn’t mean it was the fault of the vaccine. Only 1 in a million is a success home run and who knows if these women would have gotten the blood clots anyway. Compared to a story I read last year where over half of the people autopsied after dying of Covid had blood clots lodged in their organs, brain, wherever.

I just went through hearing loss on one side. I could have blamed the vaccine. But the doctor dug out enough ear wax to fill a pop bottle cap. Never had ear wax problems before. But there’s a first time for everything. Until 2013 I never had blood clot problems either.

Those blood clots have been linked to certain forms of birth control. The interesting fact about those women who developed the blood clots-their ages, which is the age range of women who take birth control. There could be a link between the two but that is for the scientists to figure out.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/16/21 at 3:06 pm

People just need to calm down and not let the media influence your thinking. From day 1 the media was about fear-mongering and twisting things up and now all of the sudden that has changed? Notice how they have to report all these new variants now to increase the numbers? The pandemic is never gonna go away since new variants show up all the time. There is a new flu variant every single year. When will this pandemic go away? When the government and media say so.

You're 100% right about the media.

Just watch the evening network news tonight and pay attention to what ads they air during commercial breaks. All the commercials are for prescription heart and diabetes medications, or a single large-topping pizza from Domino's for only $5, or the new Triple Bypass Ultimate Bacon Fatburger from Hardee's. The message I get from all that is that they're encouraging us to live unhealthy lifestyles so Big Pharma can make billions from the drugs used to treat the symptoms that inevitably develop from eating all that crap.

Yet they repeatedly tell us just to wear a mask, stay away from people, and take the vaccine. It's been proven that healthy people are much less likely to develop severe symptoms from COVID-19 yet if that's the case, then, in addition to just telling us to take all the approved measures, why wasn't there this huge push to encourage us to eat right and exercise and get as healthy as we possibly could to increase our chances of survival? This would have saved thousands of lives as well. It doesn't quite add up.

To be clear, I also place a lot of blame squarely on the shoulders of our 45th president. During crises, presidents are expected to lead by example yet as we all know, Donald Trump was a fatass who didn't believe in exercise and lived off a diet of Big Macs, and the only reason he recovered from COVID so quickly is that he had instant access to the best health care professionals in the entire world.

But you're not supposed to question any of this, or otherwise you might get labelled as a nut or even worse, a Bad Person.

I thought that jaminhealth was so right about so much stuff, but she dared to question the narrative and didn't toe the line. I love how people like her are labeled "health nuts" because it implies that taking responsibility for your health is somehow supposed to crazy or something.

Written By: karen on 04/16/21 at 4:08 pm

Those blood clots have been linked to certain forms of birth control. The interesting fact about those women who developed the blood clots-their ages, which is the age range of women who take birth control. There could be a link between the two but that is for the scientists to figure out.

Cat

Let’s put some figures to these risks of blood clots

Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine 4 cases in 1,000,000 doses given 0.0004%
Birth control pill 12,000 cases per 1,000,000 women 0.12%
Smoking 1,763 cases per 1,000,000 smokers 0.18%
Covid-19 infection 165,000 per 1,000,000 infections 16%

The full paper can be read here

https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/10.1148/radiol.2020203557?fbclid=IwAR3JS0PyhUaNBgpOrG1b0UdGxXKnQi6aI2enVJp-YpwqjfaISx5VojaoG6k&

Written By: Howard on 04/16/21 at 4:34 pm

Everything nowadays have become mandatory.

Written By: Elor on 04/17/21 at 1:40 am

Just watch the evening network news tonight and pay attention to what ads they air during commercial breaks. All the commercials are for prescription heart and diabetes medications, or a single large-topping pizza from Domino's for only $5, or the new Triple Bypass Ultimate Bacon Fatburger from Hardee's. The message I get from all that is that they're encouraging us to live unhealthy lifestyles so Big Pharma can make billions from the drugs used to treat the symptoms that inevitably develop from eating all that crap.

You guys are still thinking locally. Commercials for fatty crap food or drugs to counter it in the US don't have an effect on the rest of the world where obesity isn't as much a problem as in the US.

Yet they repeatedly tell us just to wear a mask, stay away from people, and take the vaccine. It's been proven that healthy people are much less likely to develop severe symptoms from COVID-19 yet if that's the case, then, in addition to just telling us to take all the approved measures, why wasn't there this huge push to encourage us to eat right and exercise and get as healthy as we possibly could to increase our chances of survival? This would have saved thousands of lives as well. It doesn't quite add up.

Yet Japan with it's healthy cuisine has a COVID death rate of about 1.8% as well (527,501 cases and 9,595 deaths).
https://www.nippon.com/en/japan-data/h00901/

I agree with you though that pushing for a more healthy life style would be very beneficial for a lot of health problems, not just COVID.

But you're not supposed to question any of this, or otherwise you might get labelled as a nut or even worse, a Bad Person.

I thought that jaminhealth was so right about so much stuff, but she dared to question the narrative and didn't toe the line. I love how people like her are labeled "health nuts" because it implies that taking responsibility for your health is somehow supposed to crazy or something.

Jaminhealth was right about good nutrition and that some supplements are beneficial. Apart from that she rambled on about taking drugs that have zero proven effect on the human body (grape seeds extract) and conspiracy theories that could easily be debunked even just using her own sources. That had nothing to do with rationally questioning anything. It was blindly believing in EVERYTHING that wasn't government without second thought no matter how ridiculous it was. She didn't even try to defend her posts once they were debunked and would just post the next hair raising nonsense which sometimes even contradicted her previous posts. That's why people called her crazy, not because she said you should take care of your health.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/17/21 at 9:47 am

I know, I will be banned from flights, concerts, sporting events, and maybe even more things. Unfortunately that is how it is like these days. Why does the charter of rights still exist though? All of it has been scrapped in 2020 there is no reason for it to still be around. In fact it's offensive that our government still has the charter up even if it is clearly no longer in effect. I would rather they admit it we no longer live in a free country straight up.

I'm not sure what "Charter of Rights" you're talking about, but I can't see where our Bill of Rights is being violated by the COVID restrictions, or any of the other restrictions that we deal with every day.  They may be a bother but not an infringement of basic rights.  FE in Vermont stores can no on longer provide single use plastic bags and must charge a dime for paper.  So bringing my own bags is a pain but I see the reason.  Some bikers resent having to wear helmets but we all "pay" when their brains are splattered all over the road.  To live in society is to yield some degree of "freedom" (or license)  for, in the final analysis, our own safety.  So show me what right has been violated by the mask mandate? 

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/17/21 at 11:05 am

I'm not sure what "Charter of Rights" you're talking about, but I can't see where our Bill of Rights is being violated by the COVID restrictions, or any of the other restrictions that we deal with every day.  They may be a bother but not an infringement of basic rights.  FE in Vermont stores can no on longer provide single use plastic bags and must charge a dime for paper.  So bringing my own bags is a pain but I see the reason.  Some bikers resent having to wear helmets but we all "pay" when their brains are splattered all over the road.  To live in society is to yield some degree of "freedom" (or license)  for, in the final analysis, our own safety.  So show me what right has been violated by the mask mandate?

I don’t see it as any different than requiring certain vaccines to attend public school.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 04/17/21 at 2:00 pm

Slim is Canadian if I remember correctly, but I agree about safety being necessary.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/17/21 at 11:32 pm

Slim is Canadian if I remember correctly, but I agree about safety being necessary.

Justin Trudeau is insisting that people get whatever vaccine is being offered to you and I'm planning on getting a vaccination but if they offer me an Astra Zeneca vaccine I would refuse it because it's not for people who are under 65 years old and I will be 45 in September.

I would sooner take the Phizer or the Moderna vaccine because they have fewer side effects.

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/18/21 at 7:15 am

Yeah, he's referring to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but I don't think it's being violated either. I'm not a lawyer, but there have already been challenges to Covid restrictions on the basis that they allegedly violate the Charter. These challenges have not been upheld by the courts. My understanding is that the Charter allows the government to place limits on rights if doing so is "demonstrably justified." It's not a new phenomenon either (example: seatbelts). And since we are in a global health emergency, most courts think that that justification exists with Covid restrictions.

Here's an article that discusses these things for example: https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/stronger-covid-19-restrictions-in-alberta-not-forbidden-by-the-charter-legal-experts

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/18/21 at 9:07 am

Yeah, he's referring to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but I don't think it's being violated either. I'm not a lawyer, but there have already been challenges to Covid restrictions on the basis that they allegedly violate the Charter. These challenges have not been upheld by the courts. My understanding is that the Charter allows the government to place limits on rights if doing so is "demonstrably justified." It's not a new phenomenon either (example: seatbelts). And since we are in a global health emergency, most courts think that that justification exists with Covid restrictions.

Here's an article that discusses these things for example: https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/stronger-covid-19-restrictions-in-alberta-not-forbidden-by-the-charter-legal-experts

Yea, I suspected that the Charter was equivalent to the US Bill of Rights.  But as you say, no freedom is absolute, nor should it be, and every freedom implies resposibility

Written By: Howard on 04/20/21 at 2:51 pm

I think we're all tired of lockdown fatigue, My Parents haven't been out in about a year but My Mother after 13 months finally went out to dinner with her best friend to a restaurant.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/20/21 at 10:48 pm

My mom got her vaccine today.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/21 at 7:38 am

How did she feel?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/21/21 at 2:49 pm

How did she feel?

Well, she told me that it was sore when she went to bed last night.  I think she's okay now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/21 at 2:49 pm

Yay!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/21/21 at 4:32 pm

Well, she told me that it was sore when she went to bed last night.  I think she's okay now.

I felt fine right after the soreness went away.

Written By: nally on 04/25/21 at 1:38 pm

I felt fine right after the soreness went away.

Same with me.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/26/21 at 8:13 pm

Okay,  I want to know just how exactly did Ontario run out of the Phizer and the Moderna vaccines so fast?  ::) I mean seriously?  What the hell is going on in Ontario that they ran out of the Phizer and the Moderna vaccines?

Written By: 2001 on 04/26/21 at 10:00 pm

Okay,  I want to know just how exactly did Ontario run out of the Phizer and the Moderna vaccines so fast?  ::) I mean seriously?  What the hell is going on in Ontario that they ran out of the Phizer and the Moderna vaccines?

Isn't that a good thing? They used them all up. Our next shipment is tomorrow. 400k Pfizer, 235k Moderna, and for the first time, 120k J&J. I wonder how they'll distribute the latter, whether at mass vaccination centres, or at pharmacies like with AZ.

Here is the delivery schedule btw, if you are interested. Here are the stats for how many vaccines have been already been delivered, and percent administered. Ontario has administered 90% of the doses it received, as of today. It should go down tomorrow when the delivery comes in.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/27/21 at 1:30 am

Isn't that a good thing? They used them all up. Our next shipment is tomorrow. 400k Pfizer, 235k Moderna, and for the first time, 120k J&J. I wonder how they'll distribute the latter, whether at mass vaccination centres or at pharmacies like with AZ.

Here is the delivery schedule btw, if you are interested. Here are the stats for how many vaccines have been already been delivered, and percent administered. Ontario has administered 90% of the doses it received, as of today. It should go down tomorrow when the delivery comes in.

Good.  Thanks, Slowpoke.  I can set up my appointment on the website.  I just fear the unknown.  I want to be safe.  That's the bottom line.  I'm still not sure about the Astra Zeneca vaccine.  They recommend it for the 40-55 age gap. And there's a video floating around of Justin and Sophie, the Canadian Prime Minister and his wife, getting their first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine so I at least have hope of getting a shot.
My mother tells me that I have a higher risk of getting a blood clot from flying in a plane than I do getting that from the Astra Zeneca vaccine and maybe that's true but I'm still not sure? There's still some vaccine anxiety in me and the news media hasn't been helpful in that respect. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 04/27/21 at 11:05 am

Good.  Thanks, Slowpoke.  I can set up my appointment on the website.  I just fear the unknown.  I want to be safe.  That's the bottom line.  I'm still not sure about the Astra Zeneca vaccine.  They recommend it for the 40-55 age gap. And there's a video floating around of Justin and Sophie, the Canadian Prime Minister and his wife, getting their first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine so I at least have hope of getting a shot.
My mother tells me that I have a higher risk of getting a blood clot from flying in a plane than I do getting that from the Astra Zeneca vaccine and maybe that's true but I'm still not sure? There's still some vaccine anxiety in me and the news media hasn't been helpful in that respect. ::)

I agree, the media has been garbage since the beginning. Journalists, being in the writing profession, are usually not trained in science or mathematics/statistics and don't know what they're talking about regarding this. I stick to scientific literature and listening the experts.

The recommendation from NACI (National Advisory Committee on Immunization) right now is to talk to your doctor if you are worried about blood clots. They can give you personalized advice on whether you are at risk for blood clots, whether you should take this vaccine, or wait until Pfizer/Moderna are available to you. I've heard from a lot of people that they were advised by their doctor to not take the vaccine based on their medical history, so it is worth a shot (excuse the pun).

But for the most part, blood clots are extremely rare and the vaccine is very safe. Of the 400,000 people who've received the vaccine in Ontario (my parents being two of them!), only one person developed blood clots, and they didn't require hospitalization and recovered at home. There have been zero deaths or serious complications reported as a result of the vaccine so far.  That's the other thing; talking to a doctor can give you advice on how to look out for symptoms of blood clotting and have them monitor you, so in the very rare case that it does happen, you can get it treated before it gets serious. My dad had a fever after he got his shot, it was gone after a day. My mom was sore at the injection site and that also went away after a day. I believe if some of the symptoms persist for 3-5 days, that's when you'll want to be able to have a doctor you can call.

Overall the AstraZeneca vaccine is very effective. One dose reduces chance of hospitalization by 95%, and chance of death by nearly 100%. Blood clots are listed as a very rare side effect but it's a lot less risky than catching COVID-19 itself, flying a plane, taking birth control pills, or sitting in front of a TV for a long time. If you are worried about blood clots still you should definitely talk to a doctor and they can give you personalized advice on your risk of blood clotting. If your appointment is coming up soon, I would just get the shot and ask your doctor about blood clots afterwards, they can monitor you for symptoms and treat it in the very rare case it does happen.

And yes, Trudeau, his wife, and even Doug Ford got the AstraZeneca vaccine. It's the only vaccine available if you're under 60, and there are a lot of Boomers in this country, they don't call it the Baby Boom for noting, so it is going to take a while to work through that 55-64 age group. If you're under 55 you'll probably be waiting a few weeks if not months for another vaccine. In the meantime, you could have developed immunity by now, like my parents have!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/28/21 at 2:07 am

I agree, the media has been garbage since the beginning. Journalists, being in the writing profession, are usually not trained in science or mathematics/statistics and don't know what they're talking about regarding this. I stick to scientific literature and listening to the experts.

The recommendation from NACI (National Advisory Committee on Immunization) right now is to talk to your doctor if you are worried about blood clots. They can give you personalized advice on whether you are at risk for blood clots, whether you should take this vaccine, or wait until Pfizer/Moderna are available to you. I've heard from a lot of people that they were advised by their doctor to not take the vaccine based on their medical history, so it is worth a shot (excuse the pun).

But for the most part, blood clots are extremely rare and the vaccine is very safe. Of the 400,000 people who've received the vaccine in Ontario (my parents being two of them!), only one person developed blood clots, and they didn't require hospitalization and recovered at home. There have been zero deaths or serious complications reported as a result of the vaccine so far.  That's the other thing; talking to a doctor can give you advice on how to look out for symptoms of blood clotting and have them monitor you, so in the very rare case that it does happen, you can get it treated before it gets serious. My dad had a fever after he got his shot, it was gone after a day. My mom was sore at the injection site and that also went away after a day. I believe if some of the symptoms persist for 3-5 days, that's when you'll want to be able to have a doctor you can call.

Overall the AstraZeneca vaccine is very effective. One dose reduces the chance of hospitalization by 95%, and the chance of death by nearly 100%. Blood clots are listed as a very rare side effect but it's a lot less risky than catching COVID-19 itself, flying a plane, taking birth control pills, or sitting in front of a TV for a long time. If you are worried about blood clots still you should definitely talk to a doctor and they can give you personalized advice on your risk of blood clotting. If your appointment is coming up soon, I would just get the shot and ask your doctor about blood clots afterward, they can monitor you for symptoms and treat it in the very rare case it does happen.

And yes, Trudeau, his wife, and even Doug Ford got the AstraZeneca vaccine. It's the only vaccine available if you're under 60, and there are a lot of Boomers in this country, they don't call it the Baby Boom for noting, so it is going to take a while to work through that 55-64 age group. If you're under 55 you'll probably be waiting a few weeks if not months for another vaccine. In the meantime, you could have developed immunity by now, like my parents have!

Apparently, my brother doesn't want the Astra Zeneca vaccine either.  And in his area of British Columbia, they're approaching his age group 1980/earlier.  So he's waiting to become eligible for the other vaccines and that's what I'll do too.

So, I sit, and wait and wait Until ol Douggie to get his stuff together and wait for next week when they're able to get more shipments of the Phizer and the Moderna vaccines.  And Just not watch the news because I think that this is where my vaccine anxiety is coming from?  ::)

Written By: karen on 04/28/21 at 7:46 am

In the U.K. you can’t sit around and wait for the vaccine you want. If there is a medical reason not to have one (say Pfizer,  because of your severe allergies) then you will be offered the alternative. Otherwise you just get what is offered.

Honestly, you do more risky activities every day. It is just being blown up by the media.

Written By: 2001 on 04/28/21 at 9:59 am

In the U.K. you can’t sit around and wait for the vaccine you want. If there is a medical reason not to have one (say Pfizer,  because of your severe allergies) then you will be offered the alternative. Otherwise you just get what is offered.

Honestly, you do more risky activities every day. It is just being blown up by the media.

I wish it were that way in Canada. Everything about the vaccine rollout here has been utter sh*te. You had to be born on the April of 1959 on a Tuesday, have green eyes and a middle toe longer than your big toe to be eligible for an AstraZeneca vaccine. But the Boomers said they will wait for Pfizer instead, and so millions of doses just sat there. All the while the rest of us were put into a strict lockdown ostensibly to protect these vaccine shoppers. It just never ends and it's all deeply unfair.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/21 at 1:33 pm

I wish it were that way in Canada. Everything about the vaccine rollout here has been utter sh*te. You had to be born on the April of 1959 on a Tuesday, have green eyes and a middle toe longer than your big toe to be eligible for an AstraZeneca vaccine. But the Boomers said they will wait for Pfizer instead, and so millions of doses just sat there. All the while the rest of us were put into a strict lockdown ostensibly to protect these vaccine shoppers. It just never ends and it's all deeply unfair.

We didn't have a choice as to which one. We made an appointment, we went to it and they told you what you were getting. End of story. Here in the U.S. there are only 3 which are used: Pfizer, Modurna, & Johnson & Johnson. The J&J was put on hold for about a week or two while they checked out the issue with blood clots in women. They have resumed giving them. 

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 05/05/21 at 5:48 pm

Woo, I got my vaccine appointment for May 11th! Home stretch!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/21 at 6:55 pm

YAY!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/06/21 at 7:51 am

Good Luck.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/06/21 at 2:30 pm

I'll have to try and make an appointment ASAP!  Congrats Slowpoke!  Because those aged 40/older will be eligible on May 10.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/21 at 2:56 pm

What are you going to do once you finally get out of COVID jail?  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/21 at 6:42 pm

I'll have to try and make an appointment ASAP!  Congrats Slowpoke!  Because those aged 40/older will be eligible on May 10.

YAY!!!!

Cat

Thanks! Yeah it was supposed to be May 24 for me since I didn't live in a hotspot but they "downgraded" pretty much the entire Toronto metro to hotspot yesterday so I became eligible! :D

Good Luck.

https://i.imgur.com/XGWDkak.jpg

What your post reminded me of :o

Get laid Meet my vaccinated family and start going back to the gym, assuming only vaccinated people are allowed in. Despite my username I managed to snatch an appointment quick, my friends don't have their appointments until the end of May/early June so meeting them will have to wait.

It's hard to say though, theres a stay at home order and everything is closed right now. The restrictions are supposed to expire May 20th but we still have 140% ICU occupancy and a surgery backlog of 200,000+ so I'll be shocked if everything opens back up. Hopefully they have exemptions for us vaxxed folx.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/06/21 at 9:46 pm

I'm going to go clothes shopping at the Peterborough Penningtons store and when the trains are running again I'm going to take a train ride to Toronto to see the 5 Second City comics who have stars on Canada's Walk of Fame.

Written By: 2001 on 05/11/21 at 4:13 pm

Waxed, vaxxed, and ready to sax! Vaxxed boy summer here I come, baby!!!

XBWyE1v8--I

I got Pfizer.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/11/21 at 7:33 pm

I got Pfizer.  :)

That's what I got too. Other than some minor fatigue (which might have just been in my head), I felt no adverse effects.

Written By: nally on 05/11/21 at 7:46 pm

That's what I got too. Other than some minor fatigue (which might have just been in my head), I felt no adverse effects.

That's what I felt too, the day after I got my 2nd vax. Both were Pfizer.

Written By: kr37 on 05/11/21 at 9:10 pm

I'm so glad that many people on here have had their vaccines! I got the Pfizer one as well, and my second dose is in just a few days.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/11/21 at 9:30 pm

I still need to get it done.  Where I am it's up to 1970/ Earlier.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/21 at 8:15 am

I woke up the next day and had no effects either.

Written By: 2001 on 05/12/21 at 8:23 am

I still need to get it done.  Where I am it's up to 1970/ Earlier.

It should be 1981 and earlier if you use the provincial website. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/

It is also 18+ for Pfizer/Moderna if you get one from a participating pharmacy. Most are located in hotspots though. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

So far for me I have some soreness where they poked me. It hasn't been 24 hours yet though.  :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/12/21 at 3:24 pm

It should be 1981 and earlier if you use the provincial website. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/

It is also 18+ for Pfizer/Moderna if you get one from a participating pharmacy. Most are located in hotspots though. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

So far for me, I have some soreness where they poked me. It hasn't been 24 hours yet though.  :o

I'm going by the Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit's timing which is now up to 1971 or earlier.  I'm not in a Provincial hot spot so it will probably be at the end of May or the beginning of June before I can book my appointment.

https://www.hkpr.on.ca/covid-19-vaccines/

Written By: 2001 on 05/12/21 at 3:39 pm

I'm going by the Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit's timing which is now up to 1971 or earlier.  I'm not in a Provincial hot spot so it will probably be at the end of May or the beginning of June before I can book my appointment.

https://www.hkpr.on.ca/covid-19-vaccines/

Oh, sorry, I was wrong. Starting tomorrow at 8am (Thursday) the eligibility will drop to 1981 and earlier. Make sure to set your alarm! https://globalnews.ca/news/7847861/covid-19-vaccine-eligibility-expansion/

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/12/21 at 4:01 pm

Oh, sorry, I was wrong. Starting tomorrow at 8 am (Thursday) the eligibility will drop to 1981 and earlier. Make sure to set your alarm! https://globalnews.ca/news/7847861/covid-19-vaccine-eligibility-expansion/

Did I say you were wrong? No.  I'm just saying that I was going by what the district health unit is saying.

Written By: 2001 on 05/12/21 at 6:07 pm

Did I say you were wrong? No.  I'm just saying that I was going by what the district health unit is saying.

I was just giving you a heads up, because I remember last time your health unit had outdated information on who can get vaccinated even though your mom was eligible. You should be eligible starting tomorrow, even if your health region's website continues to say 1971 and before. The 40+ eligibility is province-wide.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/13/21 at 9:58 pm

I was just giving you a heads up, because I remember last time your health unit had outdated information on who can get vaccinated even though your mom was eligible. You should be eligible starting tomorrow, even if your health region's website continues to say 1971 and before. The 40+ eligibility is province-wide.

Thank you.  I'm going to call tomorrow and book my appointment. :) I'm hopeful that it will be sometime next week or the week after.  :) Anyways, I'll be a little less fearful of what's going on around me and once I'm fully vaccinated I'm going to go back to the Y.

Written By: 2001 on 06/23/21 at 3:00 pm

Got my second dose today!  8)

It was Moderna this time; there is a shortage of Pfizer so they authorized vaccine mixing and I took the plunge.

The feeling of elation was much more than the first dose... it's over, it's all finally over! Now I can go to antivax rallies safely! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/21 at 3:06 pm

Got my second dose today!  8)

It was Moderna this time; there is a shortage of Pfizer so they authorized vaccine mixing and I took the plunge.

The feeling of elation was much more than the first dose... it's over, it's all finally over! :D
Well done

Remember, I you still feel queasy or a painful arm, take a painkiller.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/21 at 3:16 pm

Well done

Remember, I you still feel queasy or a painful arm, take a painkiller.

And after that you'll feel fine.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/30/21 at 3:23 pm

This weekend will mark 4 weeks since I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/21 at 3:25 pm

This weekend will mark 4 weeks since I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
O0

Will your second jab be in the next two months?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/30/21 at 9:10 pm

O0

Will your second jab be in the next two months?

Well, it says that my second jab isn't until September 26, but I think that's a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a second jab so I might look at the York Pharmacy website to see if I can get in for my second jab if I can because I don't want to wait THAT long to get my second jab.

Written By: Contigo on 07/01/21 at 2:45 pm

Well, it says that my second jab isn't until September 26, but I think that's a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a second jab so I might look at the York Pharmacy website to see if I can get in for my second jab if I can because I don't want to wait THAT long to get my second jab.

If you are in Ontario you don't have to wait that long
If your first dose was Moderna or Pfeizer , you can get your 2nd dose
28 days after your first . Contact the place where you got your first dose
and book it much earlier than Sept 26.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/01/21 at 8:14 pm

If you are in Ontario you don't have to wait that long
If your first dose was Moderna or Pfeizer , you can get your 2nd dose
28 days after your first . Contact the place where you got your first dose
and book it much earlier than Sept 26.

I think I'll do that because I don't want to wait for that long

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/12/21 at 7:46 pm

I'm officially scheduled for my next vaccine tomorrow afternoon at 1:35 PM at the Community Centre in Cobourg.  So I'm excited about that.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/21 at 4:44 am

I'm officially scheduled for my next vaccine tomorrow afternoon at 1:35 PM at the Community Centre in Cobourg.  So I'm excited about that.

Good Luck with that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/21 at 11:24 am

Good news!

Take good care!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/13/21 at 1:48 pm

Good news!

Take good care!

I am now fully vaccinated!

In the words of Homer Simpson: WOO HOO!!!

Written By: Howard on 07/13/21 at 3:15 pm

Congratulations. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/21 at 3:55 pm

Splendid!

Remember if your arm does ache, a painkiller will ease it for you.

Written By: nally on 07/13/21 at 10:47 pm

Awesome!! O0

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/14/21 at 12:00 am

Awesome!! O0

I actually did do that as soon as I left the mass vaccination site.  I just walked over to the car and I let out a Homer Simpsonesque WOO HOO as soon as I left! I scared a woman going into the mass vaccination site.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 07/14/21 at 12:49 am

I actually did do that as soon as I left the mass vaccination site.  I just walked over to the car and I let out a Homer Simpsonesque WOO HOO as soon as I left!

Good for you! O0 I bet it felt good.

I scared a woman going into the mass vaccination site.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/14/21 at 4:04 am

Good for you! O0 I bet it felt good.

:o

It did.  Now the next time I go to Peterborough it will be to go shopping at Penningtons and not go to the mass vaccination site that they have there.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/22/21 at 8:27 pm

The daily case numbers in the US are looking like they were this time last year with the Delta variant, yet most people are still acting like it's over and not wearing masks, gathering in large groups, companies returning people to the office, etc. Meanwhile tomorrow I'm about to join the club, the vaccinated club that is, as I get my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/21 at 1:33 pm

A little late but Welcome to the herd.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/25/21 at 3:58 pm

Meanwhile tomorrow I'm about to join the club, the vaccinated club that is, as I get my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

Great! O0

Both of mine were Pfizer as well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/21 at 4:05 pm

The daily case numbers in the US are looking like they were this time last year with the Delta variant, yet most people are still acting like it's over and not wearing masks, gathering in large groups, companies returning people to the office, etc. Meanwhile tomorrow I'm about to join the club, the vaccinated club that is, as I get my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

Welcome to the herd.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/25/21 at 5:32 pm

Welcome to the herd.

Cat

Thank you!  :) I'm so glad I did it. Best decision I made this year along with deactivating my Facebook, lol.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/21 at 4:35 am

Thank you!  :) I'm so glad I did it. Best decision I made this year along with deactivating my Facebook, lol.

How are you feeling?

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/26/21 at 1:25 pm

How are you feeling?

Pretty good, thank you for asking. No side effects so far (knocking on wood).

Written By: 2001 on 07/30/21 at 1:38 pm

Canada has declared the start of a fourth wave. In my province 81% have received a first dose and 70% are fully vaccinated among 12+ year olds (70% / 60% overall if you include children).

In my personal opinion we should let the disease spread. We have an enviable vaccination rate and are within spitting distance of herd immunity. I don't think any resurgence would last very long or cause much damage.

I've more or less gone back to normal life (except staying outdoors where I can help it) and ran into many anti-vaxxers. You can spot them from a mile away because they never stop talking about the conspiracy theories running through their head for even one second lol. There is zero hope of vaccinating these people without draconian measures. IMO the most ethical thing to do is to let them fall sick naturally. Waiting for them to vaccinate before returning to normal life is a huge waste of time.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/30/21 at 9:43 pm

Canada has declared the start of a fourth wave. In my province 81% have received a first dose and 70% are fully vaccinated among 12+ year olds (70% / 60% overall if you include children).

In my personal opinion, we should let the disease spread. We have an enviable vaccination rate and are within spitting distance of herd immunity. I don't think any resurgence would last very long or cause much damage.

I've more or less gone back to normal life (except staying outdoors where I can help it) and ran into many anti-vaxxers. You can spot them from a mile away because they never stop talking about the conspiracy theories running through their head for even one second lol. There is zero hope of vaccinating these people without draconian measures. IMO the most ethical thing to do is to let them fall sick naturally. Waiting for them to vaccinate before returning to normal life is a huge waste of time.

This isn't just something that you can cure naturally. something that you can just ignore.  It needs to be handled with actual science and not pseudo science.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/31/21 at 3:21 am

Question: If someone had COVID and made a full recovery, then why do they still need to be vaccinated afterward?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/21 at 6:39 am

Question: If someone had COVID and made a full recovery, then why do they still need to be vaccinated afterward?

Because Fauci and Richard Levine said so.

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/21 at 10:15 am

It is because variants such as Gamma and Beta have a mutation at position 484 which changes the shape of the spike protein and makes it more difficult for existing antibodies (from Alpha/Wuhan variant infection) to bind to it. The Delta variant has an additional mutation at position 452 (L452R) which may allow it to evade T-cells (charged with destroying already infected cells, as opposed to antibodies which attack virus particles in circulation)

Previously infected people only need be jabbed once though instead of twice.

This isn't just something that you can cure naturally. something that you can just ignore.  It needs to be handled with actual science and not pseudo science.

All pandemics come to an end eventually. The 1918 flu pandemic was gone by 1920, and without vaccines. This is because enough people had recovered or died from it and there were no more people for the virus to infect.

The vaccines we have are extremely effective, 90%+ effective at preventing hospitalizations and death. For every 100 80 year olds infected, only about 5 would be hospitalized and 3 would die, instead of 50 hospitalized 30 deaths previously. This makes it a very minor disease in the grand scheme of things.

In Ontario/most of Canada we have an amazing vaccination rate but the pace of new vaccinations has fallen off a cliff. Basically everyone who wants the vaccine has got one. The only people left who haven't got it are NEVER going to get it. If you've talked to them and tried to punch holes in their conspiracy theories they invent a brand new conspiracy theory on the spot to explain it away. They don't think logically. The only way to immunize these people is to let nature have her way with them. Like I said, the vaccination rate is very high; collateral damage would be minimal and chance of mutation would be low. This is the fastest way to end the pandemic.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/21 at 12:54 pm

If the risk is to unvaccinated people then what’s the big deal? Let the unvaccinated take their own risks, and do not encumber the population with restrictions.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/31/21 at 5:05 pm

If the risk is to unvaccinated people then what’s the big deal? Let the unvaccinated take their own risks, and do not encumber the population with restrictions.

We might get a lot more vaccinated if hospitals had vaccine passports for those eligible. You turn down the vaccine, fine, but don’t expect to get Covid related care either. To me that’s the big deal. The unvaccinated are tying up hospitals and depleting resources to the point that people who need care for other things can’t get it. Or the handful who do get bad Covid symptoms despite the vaccine.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/21 at 7:03 am

It is because variants such as Gamma and Beta have a mutation at position 484 which changes the shape of the spike protein and makes it more difficult for existing antibodies (from Alpha/Wuhan variant infection) to bind to it. The Delta variant has an additional mutation at position 452 (L452R) which may allow it to evade T-cells (charged with destroying already infected cells, as opposed to antibodies which attack virus particles in circulation)

Previously infected people only need be jabbed once though instead of twice.

All pandemics come to an end eventually. The 1918 flu pandemic was gone by 1920, and without vaccines.
This is because enough people had recovered or died from it and there were no more people for the virus to infect.

The vaccines we have are extremely effective, 90%+ effective at preventing hospitalizations and death. For every 100 80 year olds infected, only about 5 would be hospitalized and 3 would die, instead of 50 hospitalized 30 deaths previously. This makes it a very minor disease in the grand scheme of things.

In Ontario/most of Canada we have an amazing vaccination rate but the pace of new vaccinations has fallen off a cliff. Basically everyone who wants the vaccine has got one. The only people left who haven't got it are NEVER going to get it. If you've talked to them and tried to punch holes in their conspiracy theories they invent a brand new conspiracy theory on the spot to explain it away. They don't think logically. The only way to immunize these people is to let nature have her way with them. Like I said, the vaccination rate is very high; collateral damage would be minimal and chance of mutation would be low. This is the fastest way to end the pandemic.

So when do you think this flu will be gone by?

Written By: Elor on 08/01/21 at 7:32 am

So when do you think this flu will be gone by?
This isn't a flu....

Written By: Howard on 08/01/21 at 7:51 am

This isn't a flu....

Sorry, I meant pandemic.

Check for new replies or respond here...