inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lockdown Fatigue is a Thing Now, Americans are Fed Up

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/25/20 at 2:32 pm

and is the supposed cure, worse than the supposed virus issues?  I hear this comment more and more....

https://jonsnewplace.wordpress.com/2020/12/20/lockdown-fatigue-is-a-thing-now-fed-up-americans-now-less-likely-to-comply-with-dictatorial-decrees-by-fascist-governors/

And  hearing the  LA self righteous mayor the other day say:  "I won't take the vaccine first, I won't jump ahead of the people"....gag me....He can have mine...

Subject: Re: Lockdown Fatigue is a Thing Now, Americans are Fed Up

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 2:35 pm

Yeah and lockdowns also attribute to worse mental health. When your usual routine gets disrupted, that can cause stress and hinder people mentally. That's why there was an increase in both suicide rates and crime rates this year.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/25/20 at 2:39 pm

My company has been deemed “essential” so we’ve never been locked down. In fact, demand for our product right now is gangbusters so we are doing well.

We still follow the “Mask it or Casket” theme though. Can’t be too careful.

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 2:53 pm

My company has been deemed “essential” so we’ve never been locked down. In fact, demand for our product right now is gangbusters so we are doing well.

In the U.K. the advice was work from home if you can. For a little while the government funded furloughs for staff who couldn’t work from home or their business was told to close (restaurants, cinemas, pubs etc).

Essential businesses could remain open but had to make places Covid secure such as limiting numbers working. My husband’s place introduced new shift patterns to keep the same workforce but only a third of staff in at any one time. Where people can’t keep 2 metres apart then PPE must be provided.

Now the advice is still work from home if you can, but if you can’t then the Covid secure workplace rules apply. Not sure if the money is still there for furloughed staff in places like restaurants and pubs that have to remain closed in some areas of the country.

Written By: 2001 on 12/25/20 at 3:16 pm

Yeah and lockdowns also attribute to worse mental health. When your usual routine gets disrupted, that can cause stress and hinder people mentally. That's why there was an increase in both suicide rates and crime rates this year.

Suicides went down significantly in Alberta/Canada. CERB was good for so many people. I'm not sure about crime.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 3:26 pm

Suicides went down significantly in Alberta/Canada.

That article is definitely fake news. One of my car mechanics who me and my dad knew well commited suicide this year. I know people in the mental health industry who reported a record number of people needing to come in. Suicides spiked heavily this year, the media is just not reporting it, go figure.

CERB was good for so many people.

And yet the homeless population remains the same. You need an income of $5000 and anyone who is below that such as homeless people still remain screwed. CERB only benefits well-off people and there are strict eligibility requirements where many Canadians are still left behind. Not to mention the system is terrible. No checks are in place and many Canadians have to pay back the money to the CRA because they later found out they were not eligible as it was not clear, it's a big mess.

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 3:34 pm

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/11/suicide-rate-UK-pandemic-lockdown-corona-virus-covid

Not official statistics yet but this report says there is no data to show that the suicide rate in the U.K. has increased this year. It also says that other countries show the same effect or even a fall in suicides this year (Norway and Japan for example).

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 3:37 pm

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/11/suicide-rate-UK-pandemic-lockdown-corona-virus-covid

Not official statistics yet but this report says there is no data to show that the suicide rate in the U.K. has increased this year. It also says that other countries show the same effect or even a fall in suicides this year (Norway and Japan for example).

Yeah that's fake news no doubt. I've noticed the media has not been reporting anything about mental health concerns in regards to the pandemic and lockdowns.

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 3:41 pm

Yeah that's fake news no doubt. I've noticed the media has not been reporting anything about mental health concerns in regards to the pandemic and lockdowns.

Well it links to a report in the British Medical Journal that says much the same. I really don’t think it is fake news. The Samaritans (national mental health support charity) also say the same thing. They specifically monitor suicide reports and stats and it would be sort of in their interests to report any sort of spike were there to be one.

Just because you personally know of someone who died by suicide doesn’t mean that it is happening everywhere in larger numbers than before.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/25/20 at 3:44 pm

Well it links to a report in the British Medical Journal that says much the same. I really don’t think it is fake news. The Samaritans (national mental health support charity) also say the same thing. They specifically monitor suicide reports and stats and it would be sort of in their interests to report any sort of spike were there to be one

Just because you personally know of someone who died by suicide doesn’t mean that it is happening everywhere in larger numbers than before.

Well just because a couple news articles say one thing it doesn't make it true, does it now?  ??? Lockdowns and the pandemic of this year would cause the most normal people in the world to be stressed, let alone people with pre-existing mental health conditions. Not to mention small business owners (non-essential) who count on their business being open for their livelihood... All of that has been disrupted.

You or the media are gonna tell me that would not cause a mental health crisis or cause for suicide? I don't believe that for one second. There's a reason the media ignores talking about it.

Written By: 2001 on 12/25/20 at 4:01 pm

That article is definitely fake news. One of my car mechanics who me and my dad knew well commited suicide this year. I know people in the mental health industry who reported a record number of people needing to come in. Suicides spiked heavily this year, the media is just not reporting it, go figure.
And yet the homeless population remains the same. You need an income of $5000 and anyone who is below that such as homeless people still remain screwed. CERB only benefits well-off people and there are strict eligibility requirements where many Canadians are still left behind. Not to mention the system is terrible. No checks are in place and many Canadians have to pay back the money to the CRA because they later found out they were not eligible as it was not clear, it's a big mess.

The article has a primary source Alberta Justice which you can check for yourself. I know somebody who committed suicide in 2018 but none in 2019/2020, anecdotal evidence is just not very reliable.

You seem to be cherry picking very tiny slivers of the population to back up your claim. Homeless people would likely be homeless in 2019 or 2020, and 99.9% of people are not homeless in any given year regardless. The vast majority of the people who received CERB kept their money. I know if I was working dead-end, precarious and stressful minimum wage job and the government started paying me to chill at home I'd be ecstatic. That's a much larger part of our population than the homeless. CERB (and Trumpbux in the south) was basically a proto-universal basic income, we already have many studies on the mental health benefits of these kind of schemes, so it is not outrageous to say that it reduced suicide rates.

Merry Christmas BTW. :)

Written By: karen on 12/25/20 at 4:32 pm

Well just because a couple news articles say one thing it doesn't make it true, does it now?  ???

So find me a news article from a reputable source that says otherwise.

Written By: Dude111 on 12/25/20 at 9:44 pm

also attribute to worse mental health. When your usual routine gets disrupted, that can cause stress and hinder people mentally.

Yes my year has been horrible.. My mind is so messed up..... Im sick of it!!

They are just trying to bring in the new world order... Thats all this is about and in my opinion the s00ner people start fighting it,the better!!

WAKE UP BE4 ITS 2 LATE!!!!

Please!!

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 1:36 am

Yes my year has been horrible.. My mind is so messed up..... Im sick of it!!

They are just trying to bring in the new world order... Thats all this is about and in my opinion the s00ner people start fighting it,the better!!

WAKE UP BE4 ITS 2 LATE!!!!

Please!!

You won't find anybody buying that if you only have conspiracy theory articles about that which can be easily proven to be wrong / lies. Give me something with substance.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 12:27 pm

Hey how many of YOU are trying to raise a family, make a  mortgage payment and have lost their job?  And often the two member families who are making ends meet, have lost their jobs due to lockdowns and closed businesses....How Many Here?

Step out of  your shoes and into someone elses...ever do that?  I have a lot in my life and everyone is so self absorbed they don't think of others...

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 2:28 pm

Hey how many of YOU are trying to raise a family, make a  mortgage payment and have lost their job?  And often the two member families who are making ends meet, have lost their jobs due to lockdowns and closed businesses....How Many Here?

Step out of  your shoes and into someone elses...ever do that?  I have a lot in my life and everyone is so self absorbed they don't think of others...
Says the person who refuses to wear a mask, don't make me laugh. How many people would DIE if we listened to the likes of you? Have you ever thought about that? DEATH is permanent nothing you can do about it once it happened. How many children would lose their parents or grandparents? We even had children dying from that crap. But that isn't enough for you to put on a mask so spare us your self righteous preaching, you have no leg to stand on. 
You can recover from financial hardship and no one here said that lockdowns are awesome or that we like them it's just that the alternative is even worse.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/20 at 3:05 pm

Says the person who refuses to wear a mask, don't make me laugh. How many people would DIE if we listened to the likes of you? Have you ever thought about that? DEATH is permanent nothing you can do about it once it happened. How many children would lose their parents or grandparents? We even had children dying from that crap. But that isn't enough for you to put on a mask so spare us your self righteous preaching, you have no leg to stand on. 
You can recover from financial hardship and no one here said that lockdowns are awesome or that we like them it's just that the alternative is even worse.

Come on, Elor, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 12/26/20 at 3:22 pm

I am also against lockdowns and it did cause a lot of problems. Only time it's a viable option is if the hospitals are at full capacity. They were saying they are afraid of that but the hospitals themselves weren't full. There wasn't any known issue anywhere where hospitals couldn't provide for sick people.

Written By: karen on 12/26/20 at 4:18 pm

I am also against lockdowns and it did cause a lot of problems. Only time it's a viable option is if the hospitals are at full capacity. They were saying they are afraid of that but the hospitals themselves weren't full. There wasn't any known issue anywhere where hospitals couldn't provide for sick people.

Well there was in the U.K. They had to build temporary hospitals (first they converted a conference centre in London). Several hospitals had so many people on respirators that they had problem supplying sufficient oxygen across all the wards.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 4:53 pm

Good grief, have you NOT read the tons of info on how the masks do so LITTLE....so so little.  And all the millions wearing masks and still Covid running rampant, so they tell us!!!!    I'm not out there in the world....and you folks are and don't seem to get how so many are suffering locked down from no jobs and no money coming in.

I believe this is the gist of  my post  here...the Lockdown Fatigue of it all....

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grape Seed Extract

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 5:06 pm

Come on, Elor, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Cat

Cat, nice how so many feed into the sarcasism around here :o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/20 at 5:09 pm

So, here's the real question:

How is everyone here holding up through all this? Are you all handling the isolation and social distancing well, or is it starting to get to anyone yet? What have you been doing to keep your spirits up?

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 5:23 pm

Good grief, have you NOT read the tons of info on how the masks do so LITTLE....so so little.  And all the millions wearing masks and still Covid running rampant, so they tell us!!!! 

And you keep ignoring all the evidence saying otherwise. And even if it only did little as you falsely claim it could still  mean the difference between 99 infections or 100 so it's an inconvenience I'm willing to take.

and you folks are and don't seem to get how so many are suffering locked down from no jobs and no money coming in.
And you don't get the suffering of long term damage and DEATH from COVID19.

I believe this is the gist of  my post  here...the Lockdown Fatigue of it all....

What makes you believe that none of the Corona victims took any of those? You have been propagating these supplements like the second coming of Jesus Christ but I didn't see any data that people who took them didn't get Corona so where's your data coming from? Besides grape seeds have no proven effect on your immune system... but we've been there haven't we.... ::)

How is everyone here holding up through all this? Are you all handling the isolation and social distancing well, or is it starting to get to anyone yet? What have you been doing to keep your spirits up?
It's annoying to say the least. Not meeting with friends and I can't even visit my grandmother in the nursing home and have to resort to Skype calls.  At least in my country people don't go bankrupt because of it as the federation is helping out and pays 60%(?) of the income of people who have to stay home. I'm hoping the vaccine works as advertised and we can go back to normal within a few months. Until then I just go to work (we're considered essential so we don't go into lockdown) and spend my time at home in front of the computer or listening to music.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/20 at 5:39 pm

Good grief, have you NOT read the tons of info on how the masks do so LITTLE....so so little.  And all the millions wearing masks and still Covid running rampant, so they tell us!!!!    I'm not out there in the world....and you folks are and don't seem to get how so many are suffering locked down from no jobs and no money coming in.

If masks do little, then why have hospitals been wearing them for over a century? What about dentist offices? And you look at countries where mask wearing has been normal for decades, they have had lower Covid cases. Apparently you are NOT reading the tons of info from REPUTABLE sources on how mask wearing can slow down the spread. 

And yes, everyone has lockdown fatigue! Part of the reason why this lockdown is going on for so long because people refuse to wear masks!

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/20 at 5:54 pm

What makes you believe that none of the Corona victims took any of those? You have been propagating these supplements like the second coming of Jesus Christ but I didn't see any data that people who took them didn't get Corona so where's your data coming from? Besides grape seeds have no proven effect on your immune system... but we've been there haven't we.... ::)

See, everyone here likes to dismiss all of jaminhealth's advice because you all write her off as a kook. And I don't necessarily buy into some of her more outlandish conspiracy theories but I don't completely discount them either.

However, when it comes to taking vitamins and supplements, I think she's 100% right. I don't know about the grape seed extract but, in addition to multivitamins and fish oil capsules, which I've been taking for years, since the COVID outbreak I've been taking Vitamins C and D and zinc tablets every day.

Jaminhealth never once claimed that taking these supplements would prevent anyone from getting COVID. What she has been saying, and what I absolutely agree with, is that these supplements can help strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off the virus more effectively. And there are now studies coming out that are proving this.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/studies-suggest-4-vitamins-to-prevent-severe-cases-of-covid-19

I almost never ever get sick and when I do, it's almost always minor and I'm good after 2-3 days tops. One thing I've been doing for about 20 years now is that when I feel the onset of a cold come on, I take these zinc lozenges that are sold under the brand name Cold-Eeze. And I swear by them. They've definitely reduced the symptoms and the duration of my colds.

I firmly believe that to increase your chances to survive COVID, you should eat right, get plenty of exercise, lose weight if you can and yes, take your vitamins.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 6:06 pm

If masks do little, then why have hospitals been wearing them for over a century? What about dentist offices? And you look at countries where mask wearing has been normal for decades, they have had lower Covid cases. Apparently you are NOT reading the tons of info from REPUTABLE sources on how mask wearing can slow down the spread. 

And yes, everyone has lockdown fatigue! Part of the reason why this lockdown is going on for so long because people refuse to wear masks!

Cat

Hospital personnel is a total issue of it's own....this is NOT about the hospital and medical group....this is the Covid Mass Lockdown -- good grief amazing  how you folks can jump to a totally other area of life...

And  no it's because people don't take care of their OWN HEALTH....a mask does not do that, it does not give me good strong health...

I guess when a mother  is taking care of her little one and it gets sick, should she just mask the baby and it will get better....---  see I can go to other areas of it all too.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 6:12 pm

Well, AL-B, thanks for the vote of credit, first time here I believe...all the others work to attack and try to discredit everything I have said about keeping healthy....

If one is healthy, chances are less that they will "get" the covid stuff...

For me, I am doing good,,,,I didn't go out too much before covid due to other stuff like the OA I deal with and body damage from hip job, but otherwise I'm GOOD, hope you are too, you sound good.  Itching to get to one of my special restaurants but when that will happen, ?????

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/20 at 6:54 pm

Well, AL-B, thanks for the vote of credit, first time here I believe...all the others work to attack and try to discredit everything I have said about keeping healthy....

You're quite welcome.

This place does have a tendency to become quite...circlejerky.  ;D

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 7:05 pm

Circlejerky, that's a  new one and it's rather kind about this place. :)

Written By: 2001 on 12/26/20 at 7:17 pm

It was easier the first go around in March-June but the lockdown fatigue is definitely is setting in. My region only went into lockdown a week ago, but I started self-isolating in October when it became advisory. Sadly no one else followed the advice because they needed to go shopping and binge on alcohol fOr mY MeNtAl hEAlTh*, hence the quagmire we're in today.  ::)

To keep sane I hang out with my friends over video games/PSN voice chat. Actually thanks to that, I get to interact with them more often than pre-pandemic when it always felt like we were too busy with work to meet up.

Other than that, I've been reading more. I read 20+ books this year, usually it's less than 10. I read a lot of technical, work-related material too and that's going to be good for my career. I dabbled in Arduino/electrical circuitry too although other than a digital room thermometer I haven't built anything cool yet.

Written By: Elor on 12/26/20 at 7:21 pm

Hospital personnel is a totally issue of it's own....this is NOT about the hospital and medical group....this is the Covid Mass Lockdown -- good grief amazing  how you folks can jump to a totally other area of life...
It's about preventing germs from getting from one person to another so how is that totally different?

And  no it's because people don't take care of their OWN HEALTH....
Again not everyone can have a good immune system. Some people DO have underlying health issues for various reasons...

a mask does not do that, it does not give me good strong health...
No, but it prevents you from contracting germs....

I guess when a mother  is taking care of her little one and it gets sick, should she just mask the baby and it will get better....---  see I can go to other areas of it all too.
Sigh... Ok one more time just for you:
The mask prevents the spreading of germs from one person to another. It keeps the germs with the person who has them. The mask does not protect you but protects others from your germs.

See, everyone here likes to dismiss all of jaminhealth's advice because you all write her off as a kook. And I don't necessarily buy into some of her more outlandish conspiracy theories but I don't completely discount them either.
I need proof. So far she only came up with easily refutable nonsense that didn't make much sense and outright lies like when she claimed to have an article about deaths caused by the vaccine...

However, when it comes to taking vitamins and supplements, I think she's 100% right. I don't know about the grape seed extract but, in addition to multivitamins and fish oil capsules, which I've been taking for years, since the COVID outbreak I've been taking Vitamins C and D and zinc tablets every day.
And nobody said that taking those is bad with the exception of grape seeds for which no data is available. It's just that she constantly claims that they would be a good enough response to COVID and one should forget all the other means like masks and social distancing.

Jaminhealth never once claimed that taking these supplements would prevent anyone from getting COVID.
No? How about in your own quote?

Sounds like her answer to me.
Or this one:
And  no it's because people don't take care of their OWN HEALTH...Sounds like "it wouldn't happen if they took the supplements" to me. But maybe I'm getting it wrong.

What she has been saying, and what I absolutely agree with, is that these supplements can help strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off the virus more effectively. And there are now studies coming out that are proving this.

Who claimed otherwise with exception of grape seeds? I take some of them myself actually. There's just no data hinting at that this alone is enough against Corona and taking it is a substitute for masks and social distancing which she rejects.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/26/20 at 8:10 pm

More, please.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/26/20 at 8:19 pm

Oh Elor, we need germs,  how do you think we can build our immunities....

Sloshing around in a pig's pen is not what I'm talking about either..

Some people are really OCD about germs....

Do you sneeze and cough in people's faces and do let them do that to you????

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 1:50 am

True but they must be in an amount the immune system can handle without being overpowered as happens so often in this pandemic.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 2:02 am

I will say this: Sweden did not implement a lockdown in the spring like the rest of the western world and they still came out strong.

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 2:38 am

I will say this: Sweden did not implement a lockdown in the spring like the rest of the western world and they still came out strong.
You have a very strange definition of coming out strong. ???
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sweden-s-king-says-we-have-failed-over-covid-19-n1251670

Their infection rate is about twice as high as in Germany.

It's the daily mail so I usually don't trust it but it has the most recent data:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9025989/Swedens-Covid-infection-rate-soars-Britain-Germany-Spain.html

Written By: karen on 12/27/20 at 3:48 am

And now says they got it wrong, and have started to implement strategies that other countries have been using, such as limiting group sizes, remote learning in schools and mask wearing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55371102

An important point in the article is that the Swedish government made recommendations to the population that they expected them to follow. On the whole I expect they were followed. Whereas in the U.K. and elsewhere this approach just wouldn’t have worked - even when things are made into law people still don’t follow the restrictions.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 7:28 am

No way. Sweden has a smaller population than Ontario (10 million vs. our 15 million) and double the deaths! (8,500 vs 4,000 for us) :o

And now they get 8,000 cases a day versus our 2,000 a day, and we didn't even have a lockdown this time outside of Toronto. There was no much hoped for "herd immunity". What's going on in Sweden is a catastrophe.

edit: Yep and what Karen said is true, Sweden brought in a lot of restrictions for the second wave.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:39 am

Why hasn't your company been in lockdown? ???

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 7:41 am

Why hasn't your company been in lockdown? ???
Because it's essential... ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:42 am

lockdowns also caused a lot of depression.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:45 am

The isolation and social distancing was a bit difficult at first but somehow I managed to get through it as best as possible.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:51 am

I am OCD myself but I don't go to extremes when getting things clean, In another words I don't go over the top, I try not to.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/27/20 at 12:25 pm

I woke up this morning thinking that so many people are so tightly wound up, they can only see or think one way....I know a couple OCD people in my life and they really do work to "let go" and let a little dirt collect in their lives.    It's a brain thing as I'm told....I like order but I do "let go" and blow the dust away ....  think back to my mom and I am just like  her, one could really relax in her home, put their feet  up and not be told "don't put your feet there"... so much I believe does come from our first "teachers" too, our moms//

My ex had a mother and one could eat off her floors, all she did was clean clean clean,,,they were of German heritage....

From lockdown fatigue to OCD.....how we can move around on these threads.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 12:33 pm

They say things will go back to normal by the summer of 2021 but somehow I just doubt that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/20 at 12:48 pm

I woke up this morning thinking that so many people are so tightly wound up, they can only see or think one way....I know a couple OCD people in my life and they really do work to "let go" and let a little dirt collect in their lives.    It's a brain thing as I'm told....I like order but I do "let go" and blow the dust away ....  think back to my mom and I am just like  her, one could really relax in her home, put their feet  up and not be told "don't put your feet there"... so much I believe does come from our first "teachers" too, our moms//

My ex had a mother and one could eat off her floors, all she did was clean clean clean,,,they were of German heritage....

From lockdown fatigue to OCD.....how we can move around on these threads.

You are so right that some people can only see and think one way-even when evidence to the contrary are presented to them.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 1:02 pm

They say things will go back to normal by the summer of 2021 but somehow I just doubt that.

I'd be fine with quasi-normal like summer 2020.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 1:08 pm

I wouldn't.  :P Summer 2020 felt really depressing. Knowing the restrictions were still around, it didn't feel like a normal summer. Even though the cases were low we were still noticeably in a pandemic.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 1:10 pm

I wouldn't.  :P Summer 2020 felt really depressing. Knowing the restrictions were still around, it didn't feel like a normal summer. Even though the cases were low we were still noticeably in a pandemic.

That's kind of what made it so nice. Everything was quiet, low-key. The streets were semi-abandoned. I'm used to summer being loud and crowded. I prefer the latter no doubt but the change of pace was interesting.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/27/20 at 1:21 pm

Well I prefer a busy happy group in our city, and tourists came from all over the world and now it's dead....and business owners are suffering....I'll take a happy bright life vs a quiet almost dead type.....

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:28 pm

I doubt it but one can only hope, I myself like everyone else on this board want life to go back to normal, stop wearing masks, social distance but the only thing that will stay the same is washing hands.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:29 pm

I would be happy to throw out all the masks we were told to wear in 2020.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:32 pm

But I'm tired of just staying home and doing nothing, people need to go out and enjoy life itself.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:34 pm

That's kind of what made it so nice. Everything was quiet, low-key. The streets were semi-abandoned. I'm used to summer being loud and crowded. I prefer the latter no doubt but the change of pace was interesting.

I felt the same way Slow, my neighborhood was unusually quiet and even everywhere else, not many people outside, like a hush fell over the world.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:35 pm

Well I prefer a busy happy group in our city, and tourists came from all over the world and now it's dead....and business owners are suffering....I'll take a happy bright life vs a quiet almost dead type.....

So you'd consider yourself a "party person"?

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 1:38 pm

BTW Howard you can insert several quotes from several different posts into one response. There is no need to make 4 separate posts to respond to different people.
Keeps the threads a bit more tidy. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 1:50 pm

I felt the same way Slow, my neighborhood was unusually quiet and even everywhere else, not many people outside, like a hush fell over the world.

It was nice cycling in the middle of the road without cars or kayaking or swimming at the lakewithout too many people there. 2021 will be the last chance to have a summer without any tourists.

BTW Howard you can insert several quotes from several different posts into one response. There is no need to make 4 separate posts to respond to different people.

I'd prefer multiple posts. I have a user on my ignore list and if you quote them I can't see your post either. :P

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 2:03 pm

It was nice cycling in the middle of the road without cars or kayaking or swimming at the lakewithout too many people there. 2021 will be the last chance to have a summer without any tourists.

I'd prefer multiple posts. I have a user on my ignore list and if you quote them I can't see your post either. :P
Are you sure? ???
I can see posts which contain quotes from people I have on ignore. :o

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 2:04 pm

Sorry Elor, I'll try next time.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 2:06 pm

Sometimes I enjoy a quiet neighborhood.

Written By: jaminhealth on 12/27/20 at 2:21 pm

Not a party person, but I've enjoyed the parties in my life...I consider myself a lively person and love color and good conversations with those of LIKE MINDS...and my apt shows it too with all the paintings I've done and are hanging on my walls....love colors but have worn some black....

Love living in CA as it's laid back and full of sun, times in NYC when I had to go for business yrs ago, talk about the rush of it all....

I have no tattos or piercings so I'm not that "out there"...but have stepped out of the so called "comfort zone" here in CA that would not have  happened if I had stayed in the East...

But at 82 living alone and not depressed and don't yearn for a group of people around, and when friends do visit, I'm happy when they leave.... 

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 2:24 pm

Are you sure? ???
I can see posts which contain quotes from people I have on ignore. :o

Oh yeah, that is the problem with the built-in ignore feature. I made my own which blocks the quotes, I can send you the code if you want.  :-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/27/20 at 3:51 pm

As for me, yes.  I like to party.  :P

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/27/20 at 9:07 pm

This past summer it was busier here than it’s been in a long time. People came here from all over because our numbers were low and our governor didn’t put restrictions on tourists. I saw plates from as far as Guatemala. I saw many traffic backups on the bridge unlike any I’d ever seen except for the annual car show which was canceled. Even backed up for like 2 miles going north on a Sunday when any other year it’s dead going north on Sunday. In June we had less than 100 COVID cases a day and almost none up north. By fall we were paying the price.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 9:18 pm

To me it felt eerie and apocalyptic, it felt depressing to me.

Written By: Elor on 12/27/20 at 10:46 pm

Oh yeah, that is the problem with the built-in ignore feature. I made my own which blocks the quotes, I can send you the code if you want.  :-X
Ah ok, so you cheated the system. OK, then there's no wonder you can't see them. ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/28/20 at 7:45 am

As for me, yes.  I like to party.  :P

I don't party but if someone sent me a bunch of hot girls, I sure would.  ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/28/20 at 7:50 am

To me this year felt like a scene from "They Live" and "Groundhog Day" where Roddy Piper puts on his special glasses to see people wearing face masks and also waking up every day like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day and seeing the world wearing face masks.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/28/20 at 5:54 pm

I don't party but if someone sent me a bunch of hot girls, I sure would.  ;) ;D

No doubt...  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/29/20 at 2:56 pm

I'm sure we all have "fatigue" from this year being just awful.

Written By: Dude111 on 01/03/21 at 11:41 pm

No Jamin your right they dont....... Its very sad :(

Written By: Howard on 01/04/21 at 3:25 pm

I have mask fatigue cause my ears are almost swollen.

Written By: 2001 on 01/04/21 at 5:20 pm

I have mask fatigue cause my ears are almost swollen.

You might need to get the ones that you tie around the back of your head.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/04/21 at 10:40 pm

I’ve been using the ones I got from U of M hospital. They have a light elastic which is comfortable to wear all day. Compared to the DIY ones I started with that had heavy elastic. Or the ones my work gave out which wrap around your neck. If I had to wear either of those I’d hate it, I’d be fighting with it all day and I can see why people hate masks if that’s all they got.

Written By: nally on 01/04/21 at 10:50 pm

I was issued two of those, by my workplace. Anytime I actually have to go to the office, I bring one of those and wear it inside the office.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:49 am

I will look into that.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:50 am

I’ve been using the ones I got from U of M hospital. They have a light elastic which is comfortable to wear all day. Compared to the DIY ones I started with that had heavy elastic. Or the ones my work gave out which wrap around your neck. If I had to wear either of those I’d hate it, I’d be fighting with it all day and I can see why people hate masks if that’s all they got.

I hate wearing masks too but nothing much you can do about it.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/16/21 at 1:04 pm

Well, I think many out there just think the  mask is a part of their lives now...not this gal.

When people take stands and ban together to be free of them, we'll know more.

My grandgirl spent a week in Park City skiing with bf and hardly any masks, some yes and restaurants open for indoor EATING, how dare they.

Before that trip she and  her family went to a mexican beach for the holidays and hardly masks there too, and INDOOR EATING....again how dare they.

CA and NY are the worst on all this  Control.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/18/21 at 4:38 pm

Just heard another SANE hr with Dr. Kelly Victory and I hear her Mon-Fri on our radio here in LA and her words today were essentially:

((Virus is real, the stats are wrong and treatments are a MESS...One caller called talking about 2 relatives with issues and they believe they may have pneumonia and are put in quartantine and not treated for pneumonia..

Early on I read a lot of info that the covid stuff was/is so much like a pneumonia...so this is nothing new to ME..

And she says the pneumonia issues may be a side effect of the constant MASK wearing....

Sick sick sick all of it...

And yes hospitals are paid much more for covid cases,. deaths etc....

And CA is the LOWEST state in getting vaccines to their people....and news out of San Diego on a "batch" of bad Moderna vaccine has been detected.. and believe ME, I'm not a taker of any vaccine, unless it may save my life....)))

I have not discussed Dr. Victory and Del BigTree much here I don't think, as MOST of you think I'm nuts....Nuts for Truths...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 1:17 am

I hate wearing masks too but nothing much you can do about it.
I do not like wearing masks, but do even though I am exempt with my condition. It helps to protect me.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/19/21 at 12:19 pm

I do not like wearing masks, but do even though I am exempt with my condition. It helps to protect me.

You are sure it  helps protect you Philip?  Is this the only "protection" you count on?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:23 pm

You are sure it  helps protect you Philip?  Is this the only "protection" you count on?
The mask helps to not breathe in any droplets that contain any form of virus, worm especially in enclosed spaces.

Written By: jaminhealth on 01/19/21 at 12:41 pm

The mask helps to not breathe in any droplets that contain any form of virus, worm especially in enclosed spaces.

Well, they have got you brainwashed on the droplet stuff, a new overused word since covid19 has been developed. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:44 pm

Well, they have got you brainwashed on the droplet stuff, a new overused word since covid19 has been developed. 
I have not been brainwashed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have received excellent medical advice for medical experts!

Written By: Elor on 01/19/21 at 12:46 pm

You calling someone brain washed is so hilarious.
How about you proof it with real evidence for a change?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/21 at 12:49 pm

Do you have proof I have been brainwashed, and who are they?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/21 at 2:59 pm

I take it off when I'm about to eat my lunch.

Written By: nally on 01/19/21 at 4:58 pm

I take it off when I'm about to eat my lunch.

Me too, otherwise I can't eat.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/21/21 at 10:47 am

What happened to jaminhealth ? ???

Written By: nally on 01/21/21 at 11:03 am

What happened to jaminhealth ? ???

Could have been shown the door. I dunno.

Written By: karen on 01/21/21 at 11:06 am

She was reminded several times about rule 2.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/22/21 at 6:54 pm

She was reminded several times about rule 2.

What’s rule #2? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/21 at 6:58 pm

What’s rule #2? ???

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=rules

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 6:11 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=rules

Cat

There actually had to be a rule about that? ???  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/23/21 at 2:23 pm

Do you think we're still having mask fatigue?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/23/21 at 4:47 pm

Do you think we're still having mask fatigue?

I'm past the point of fatigued. We are still under lockdown where I live except barber shops opened back up and outdoor gatherings are allowed now. All restaurants and indoor gatherings are still prohibited.

Written By: karen on 01/24/21 at 6:05 am

I am torn with how I feel about lockdown. On the one hand I could quite happily stay at home and watch tv all day, on the other my husband would drive me crazy - he needs to get outside at least once a day.

There are, of course, lots of things I miss:

I miss being able to go out for meal “just because”. Apart from a brief spell over the summer most indoor dining has been closed since last March. We have had a couple of meals out all year, and those had to be pre-booked. We are booking a delivery for my son’s birthday this week.

I miss seeing family and friends. Travel restrictions mean we have been unable to see my mother-in-law, apart from her birthday, when we sat in her garden all day. My family came here for my dad’s 80th and again we spent the afternoon out doors. One niece I have only seen via FaceTime. My Morris dance group hasn’t met in person since March, we meet over Zoom, but it isn’t quite the same.

I miss orienteering, both the exercise and challenge, and the socialising afterwards with club mates. We have been to two events, but under the rules active at the time we were encouraged to arrive shortly before our pre-booked start time, and depart as soon as we were finished. We should have had an orienteering holiday in July but that was cancelled.

I would also like to have my hair cut. I had an appointment booked for sometime in April but that was cancelled as part of our first lockdown. I managed to go in July. Then I wasn’t able to go again for ages. I booked an appointment in early January but this latest lockdown meant all hairdressers and barbers closed again two days beforehand.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 7:36 am

I'm past the point of fatigued. We are still under lockdown where I live except barber shops opened back up and outdoor gatherings are allowed now. All restaurants and indoor gatherings are still prohibited.

And people are still wearing masks? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/21 at 1:47 pm

I am torn with how I feel about lockdown. On the one hand I could quite happily stay at home and watch tv all day, on the other my husband would drive me crazy - he needs to get outside at least once a day.

There are, of course, lots of things I miss:

I miss being able to go out for meal “just because”. Apart from a brief spell over the summer most indoor dining has been closed since last March. We have had a couple of meals out all year, and those had to be pre-booked. We are booking a delivery for my son’s birthday this week.

I miss seeing family and friends. Travel restrictions mean we have been unable to see my mother-in-law, apart from her birthday, when we sat in her garden all day. My family came here for my dad’s 80th and again we spent the afternoon out doors. One niece I have only seen via FaceTime. My Morris dance group hasn’t met in person since March, we meet over Zoom, but it isn’t quite the same.

I miss orienteering, both the exercise and challenge, and the socialising afterwards with club mates. We have been to two events, but under the rules active at the time we were encouraged to arrive shortly before our pre-booked start time, and depart as soon as we were finished. We should have had an orienteering holiday in July but that was cancelled.

I would also like to have my hair cut. I had an appointment booked for sometime in April but that was cancelled as part of our first lockdown. I managed to go in July. Then I wasn’t able to go again for ages. I booked an appointment in early January but this latest lockdown meant all hairdressers and barbers closed again two days beforehand.

I feel similar to the way you do. However, our lives are not much different than it was before the shutdown. We have a big house so often, Carlos will be up here in the office and I will be in the living room downstairs. Or I will be up here and he will be in the kitchen downstairs. So, we do get our "alone time" even though we are still in the same house.

I, too miss going out to eat. I have ALWAYS loved going out to eat and I do miss it. We were able to go to a snack bar twice this past summer but the food was just ok and we probably won't go again. And it is not the same as going to a sit-down restaurant (which St. Patrick's Day last year was the last we went).

And of course, not seeing the grandkids. We saw 3 of them on Father's Day last year and had a visit from 2 in the summer (2 who we saw on Father's Day). We also saw Carlos' youngest's 3 when she stopped by around Christmas to drop off gifts and even though they were in the car, at least we got to see them.

This is the time when we usually head to Puerto Rico-of course not this year. I am not as disappointed in that as Carlos is. I get homesick because we usually stay for too long in my book. I would like to take a couple of trips to see my sisters and who knows when that will happen.

But, at least I have been able to get my hair done. I don't know when the next time will be because my hairdresser is on maternity leave and who knows when she will be back.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 2:10 pm

The good things we're doing in lockdown lately is we're trying a lot of new things, we're Zooming more, and we're spending more time with family inside the house, what are some good things you like about lockdown?

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/25/21 at 5:31 pm

I enjoy staying at home and away from people anyway. Even as a kid I’ve always lived in the sticks so I’m not one to go to the store every day or several times a day. Due to my faulty digestive system I never enjoyed going out to eat, besides it’s expensive. But I feel for the people who make their living off those who do.

The parts I didn’t like was I couldn’t go to bike trails or desolate pretty places in the up north wilderness. I would just bring stuff with me and not need to go inside a gas station or store, but the authorities wouldn’t see it that way. Also I had to put off my surgery.

I enjoy getting my hair cut because they got the cutest cosmetologists and I tip them well. But since it’s not the best place to be, if it’s open at all, I take great joy in getting proficient at using my Flowbee.

Written By: nally on 01/31/21 at 1:34 pm

The good things we're doing in lockdown lately is we're trying a lot of new things, we're Zooming more, and we're spending more time with family inside the house, what are some good things you like about lockdown?

Well, for one thing I've been working from home mostly. And the good thing about that is that I save wear-and-tear on the car, as well as fuel consumption. I'm pretty sure that over the last 10 months I've saved at least a couple thousand miles on driving, as well as mucho $$$ in gasoline. (Therefore I haven't had to fill the tank quite as frequently.)

Written By: karen on 01/31/21 at 1:54 pm

Well, for one thing I've been working from home mostly. And the good thing about that is that I save wear-and-tear on the car, as well as fuel consumption. I'm pretty sure that over the last 10 months I've saved at least a couple thousand miles on driving, as well as mucho $$$ in gasoline. (Therefore I haven't had to fill the tank quite as frequently.)

Did you get a reduction or a refund on your car insurance? Most companies in the U.K. gave refunds as a result of the reduced mileage people were doing. This meant there were fewer accidents.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/21 at 1:55 pm

There are no positives to the lockdown. It is destroying people's mental health and livelihood. I really feel bad for small businesses forced to shut down.

Written By: nally on 01/31/21 at 1:56 pm

Did you get a reduction or a refund on your car insurance? Most companies in the U.K. gave refunds as a result of the reduced mileage people were doing. This meant there were fewer accidents.

Something like that. Every month I get an expense check for reimbursement for the utilities I use in order to work remotely.

Written By: 2001 on 01/31/21 at 4:59 pm

There are no positives to the lockdown. It is destroying people's mental health and livelihood. I really feel bad for small businesses forced to shut down.

Lockdown is saving lives. Although I wish they would implement a curfew and open a few things up. I need to get a haircut.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/21 at 5:00 pm

Lockdown is saving lives. Although I wish they would implement a curfew and open a few things up. I need to get a haircut.

It's destroying lives

Written By: 2001 on 01/31/21 at 5:17 pm

It's destroying lives

Don't get poetic with me lol

Written By: Elor on 01/31/21 at 10:58 pm

It's destroying lives
And no lock down is killing lives.... ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 5:12 am

People need to go to work and makes but sometimes rules need to be enforced.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 5:13 am

Can you cut your own hair? ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/01/21 at 9:52 am

My insurance co does.  For  those who qualify (veteran) it's USAA, and the usual rates are really good

Written By: nally on 02/01/21 at 2:06 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can actually do that...unless they have that sort of skill.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/02/21 at 5:00 pm

And lock down is killing lives.... ::)

Fixed.

Written By: 2001 on 02/02/21 at 5:52 pm

Fixed.

How did you come to that conclusion? In Ontario we have 6,000 deaths from COVID-19 compared to Sweden with 12,000. That's despite the fact we have a larger population than them (15 million vs. 10 million). That's not even including the deaths from the healthcare system collapsing and people not being able to diagnose their cancers and other surgeries.

Written By: Elor on 02/02/21 at 10:07 pm

Fixed.
Have it your way then. Bye.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/21 at 11:07 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can actually do that...unless they have that sort of skill.

I can. I attended Cosmetology/Beauty School in 2009.  I completed over 700 hours! I trim my own hair sometimes. It's easy!....well, it is for me anyway. :(

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/02/21 at 11:33 pm

I can. I attended Cosmetology/Beauty School in 2009.  I completed over 700 hours! I trim my own hair sometimes. It's easy!....well, it is for me anyway. :(

I’m getting better with my Flowbee. But I cut it myself by hand once too. Had to be at child court in the morning and nobody was open after I got off work. I always watched the hairdressers so I imitated how they pulled the hair up between the fingers to a certain length. I hung the mirror from the other bathroom’s medicine cabinet over the bathroom door with a bungee cord, and positioned the remaining mirrors so I could see behind me. It actually turned out pretty good.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/21 at 3:21 am

I couldn't cut my own hair I'd probably botch it so I let a barber do it for me for a decent price of 16 dollars.

Written By: nally on 02/03/21 at 2:08 pm

Splendid! O0

My mom attended cosmetology school ~50 years or so ago but I don't know if she could cut her own hair. But she can cut mine! (In fact, she always cut mine before I started going to a salon to have it cut professionally.)

Written By: 2001 on 02/03/21 at 4:48 pm

Splendid! O0

My mom attended cosmetology school ~50 years or so ago but I don't know if she could cut her own hair. But she can cut mine! (In fact, she always cut mine before I started going to a salon to have it cut professionally.)

Lucky!

I never cut my own hair, but I used to trim it so I could wait longer in between barber visits (every 4-6 weeks was too rich for my blood). I lost my scissors so I haven't been doing it recently. I was looking at old pics and my hair used to look amazing then so I should probably get back into it.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 02/06/21 at 3:13 pm

My hometown in Ireland is literally like a ghostown at the moment. you'd be walking through and meet literally one other person. Its so sad. I've moved to my nearest city recently its still much more lively here despite the pandemic.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/06/21 at 7:33 pm

I definitely have Covid fatigue. I'm ready to get the vaccine and risk whatever conspiracy theory possibility. I can't do cardio with a mask on and I'm ready to get back in the gym!!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 02/07/21 at 3:09 pm

Now with the upcoming snowstorms we might be inside more often.

Written By: nally on 02/07/21 at 3:12 pm

Now with the upcoming snowstorms we might be inside more often.

That would probably be the case anyway for you guys, even if there were no pandemic.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/07/21 at 4:57 pm

I think we will see a boost in cases after tonight’s super bowl parties. Also restaurants reopened February 1.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/07/21 at 5:09 pm

I think we will see a boost in cases after tonight’s super bowl parties. Also restaurants reopened February 1.

Nooo please! I can't stand it anymore. :\'(

Written By: nally on 02/07/21 at 10:22 pm

Religious facilities also seem to have reopened this weekend, for services. But you can't put people in there without social-distancing them. Plus, I think if you're gonna hold services it should be limited to a certain number of people, or at most 10% capacity.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/21 at 7:55 am

When are we going to finally see no more outdoor dining?

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 11:00 am

When everyone gets vaccinated? I have no clue at this point.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/08/21 at 11:15 am

Outdoor dining is fine. At least with individual tables or 1 hut per party. Only thing is it’s kinda hard when it’s 10f and wind and snow.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/21 at 1:51 pm

Outdoor dining is fine. At least with individual tables or 1 hut per party. Only thing is it’s kinda hard when it’s 10f and wind and snow.

What they should do is when it gets very cold they should let people eat inside but wear a mask cause I don't think anybody would want to eat outside when it's really snowing.

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 2:14 pm

What they should do is when it gets very cold they should let people eat inside but wear a mask cause I don't think anybody would want to eat outside when it's really snowing.

Then they would probably suspend any type of dining at the eatery due to inclement weather.

Plus you can't wear a mask while you're eating.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/21 at 2:57 pm

I swore I'd never do it again, but I've been getting so bored and depressed that I started playing World of Warcraft again.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/09/21 at 2:44 pm

Is lockdown still continuing?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/21 at 2:47 pm

It is here, and fatigue is setting in, but there is a sign of hope with the vaccination programme.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/21 at 5:19 am

It is here, and fatigue is setting in, but there is a sign of hope with the vaccination programme.

There's been plenty of fatigue over here.

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/21 at 1:21 pm

It's starting to relax in Ontario and other parts of Canada. I expect us to be in a third wave by March/April and lockdown again by May. Our politicians have no clue what they're doing.

Written By: Elor on 02/12/21 at 2:54 pm

Our politicians have no clue what they're doing.
Isn't that a requirement to become a politician these days? ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/12/21 at 3:15 pm

It's starting to relax in Ontario and other parts of Canada. I expect us to be in a third wave by March/April and lockdown again by May. Our politicians have no clue what they're doing.

How many waves are there?

Written By: Elor on 02/13/21 at 12:34 am

How many waves are there?
That depends. If you relax lock downs too early while there are still many people with the virus it will spread again causing another wave of infections. Then the next lock down comes to combat it, the number goes down a bit, not so smart people scream for a relaxed lock down, the not so smart politicians oblige and the cycle starts anew turning the whole thing into a never ending story.  ::)

Hopefully the vaccines will have enough of an impact to break that cycle but at the speed they are currently administered I highly doubt it.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/13/21 at 10:15 am

Our lockdown has been eased a bit, and starting Tuesday I can get stabbed

Written By: Dude111 on 02/13/21 at 4:35 pm

STABBED???

I hope not Donny,we all love ya buddy!!

Written By: Elor on 02/14/21 at 1:24 am

STABBED???

His name still isn't Donny though. ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/14/21 at 10:12 am

STABBED???

Stabbed - verb, being penetrated by a sharp object

His name still isn't Donny though. ;)

Thanks Elor, he just can't get it straight

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/21 at 2:07 pm

STABBED???

I'm gonna say this again and hopefully this time it will sink in. HIS NAME IS NOT DONNY!!!!!

Please stop calling him that!

Cat

Written By: Elor on 02/14/21 at 3:21 pm

Please stop calling him that!

He needs to don some armor and ride into battle against the misuse of his title. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/21 at 5:37 pm

He needs to don some armor and ride into battle against the misuse of his title. ;)

To fight a windmill?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 02/15/21 at 12:19 am

Im sorry Cat I keep forgetting......

Its Carlos right?? :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/21 at 2:09 pm

Im sorry Cat I keep forgetting......

Its Carlos right?? :)

Yes, it's Carlos. Don is his title (Spanish for "Sir"). But if you prefer, you can call him "Doctor Carlos" because he is in fact a doctor (PhD).

Cat

Written By: Elor on 02/16/21 at 1:02 pm

Yes, it's Carlos. Don is his title (Spanish for "Sir"). But if you prefer, you can call him "Doctor Carlos" because he is in fact a doctor (PhD).

How about Donctor? :D ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/21 at 10:05 am

How about Donctor? :D ;D

Just Carlos is fine  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...