inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2022 predictions

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/27/20 at 8:23 am

Is it still too early? Now 2022 is only 12 months and a few days away. There has been some talk including on here that that's when things will get back to normal, at least somewhat like the pre-Corona days. The delayed 2021 movie releases such as The Batman and Jurassic World 3 will do well in the box office, but many will still opt for streaming. I also predict that the economy might dip into another recession and there will be some backlash against Biden, and the Trump supporters are going to be like "I told you so!"

Subject: Re: 2022 predictions

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 1:14 pm

It's become hard to predict things ever since the events of 2020 threw us off. Even 2021 to me remains a mystery, let alone 2022. Normally I would put a list of predictions even for 2025 or 2030 but because there is so much uncertainty in the air and we are living in very strange times I can't really predict anything because who knows what is in store for us this decade. Maybe something even worse than the virus will come. It feels like we're on the brink of something. Some big event will happen or civil war or world war may come, I just don't know for sure, I'll have to see how 2021 plays out first.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 1:45 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/opinion/sunday/coronavirus-economy-two-years.html
This is someone's predictions for 2022, see if you agree with them.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/30/20 at 8:18 pm

It just occurs to me that once we are pretty much fully OUT of the pandemic there will be multitudes  of movies and TV shows looking back that take place DURING the pandemic. People wearing masks (presuming we STOP wearing masks at some point), social distancing, etc. I'm not talking documentaries, I'm talking scripted shows with actors and plots which will have all the trappings of 2020. Shows that take place "during the pandemic". In a short four or five years there will be kids who are too young right now who will watch these new shows and say "so that's what it was like", just like people do with September 11, which I can remember like it was this morning though there are people on this very site who were not even born yet. If that's not an indication that we are in  a specific era with a definitive culture I don't know what is.

Check for new replies or respond here...