inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pluto's Return (Astrology)

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 01/09/21 at 6:44 pm

Astrologers have been predicting this "Pluto's Return" thing for years. They claim there's going to be yet another financial crisis in early 2022. This will lead to a major revolution that will remake America. Supposedly, this new era will be in full swing in 2024. 

Thoughts? 

Subject: Re: Pluto's Return (Astrology)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/09/21 at 7:00 pm

I was quite upset when Pluto was demoted from a planet to nothing but essentially a floating rock. The very idea! I await the day Pluto makes it's triumphant return as one of the majestic planets of our solar system.

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/21 at 7:16 pm

My thoughts are I would not make any investment decisions based on astrology. :P

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/09/21 at 11:15 pm

Astrologers have been predicting this "Pluto's Return" thing for years...

Can I play devil's advocate and say, did you mean astronomers?  Because they are different than astrologers.

(As a 70's teen I dabbled in astrology quite a bit, as in, "What's your zodiac sign?")  ::)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/09/21 at 11:35 pm

Can I play devil's advocate and say, did you mean astronomers?  Because they are different than astrologers.

(As a 70's teen I dabbled in astrology quite a bit, as in, "What's your zodiac sign?")  ::)

No, he definitely means astrologers. Apparently this Pluto's Return thing is an actual astrological event:

https://ronniepontiac.medium.com/astrology-of-the-u-s-pluto-return-2017-2024-31fcd13f6ea6#:~:text=February%202019%20to%20January%202025,occupied%20when%20America%20was%20born.

Whether any of the predicted events come to pass or not remans to be seen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/21 at 1:41 pm

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/7/7b/Pluto.PNG/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/262?cb=20170628205507

Sorry. Someone had to do it.  ;) ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Elor on 01/10/21 at 3:36 pm

Sorry. Someone had to do it.  ;) ;D ;D

There seems to be something wrong with your link or image hoster...
Anyway here is the picture:
*Edit* since Cat's picture does show up now there is no need to repeat it here */Edit*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/21 at 3:50 pm

There seems to be something wrong with your link or image hoster...
Anyway here is the picture:
https://i.postimg.cc/8kXd80ty/Pluto-PNG.png

Thanks. I guess the site I took it from didn't like that I "borrowed" it.

Cat

Written By: Elor on 01/10/21 at 4:02 pm

Now it does show up though even though the URL seems to be same as before... strange... o_O

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/10/21 at 4:35 pm

How come Goofy talks and wears clothes and Pluto doesn't? Aren't they both dogs? File under: the strangeness of Disney.

Written By: 2001 on 01/10/21 at 4:49 pm

How come Goofy talks and wears clothes and Pluto doesn't? Aren't they both dogs? File under: the strangeness of Disney.

Why did I never notice this lmao

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/10/21 at 8:24 pm

Heh... Like we're not STILL in this financial crisis that started years ago...

Written By: 2001 on 01/10/21 at 8:30 pm

Heh... Like we're not STILL in this financial crisis that started years ago...

Technically it's an economic crisis, but not a financial one. Those stock/asset prices keep going up, up and up, and banks are paying out dividends like its going out of style.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 12:49 am

This has always been a topic of conversation each time we view a Disney film/cartoon. My favourite is Donald Duck, he just wears a shirt and a hat, not to mention Daisy Duck with a lack of dress, at least she wears shoes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 12:57 am

Another!

From the lyrics of the song "Top Hat":

"I'm puttin' on my top hat,
Tyin' up my white tie,
Brushin' off my tails.
I'm dudin' up my shirt front,
Puttin' in the shirt studs,
Polishin' my nails,
I'm steppin' out, my dear,
To breathe an atmosphere"

Where. o where are the pants/trousers?

Written By: karen on 01/11/21 at 5:13 am

I recall reading somewhere that Goofy isn’t a dog, but I don’t remember what he was supposed to be.

Edited to add: I just looked into it further. Some people were saying they thought he was a bull because he sometimes dated Clarabelle Cow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 5:48 am

I recall reading somewhere that Goofy isn’t a dog, but I don’t remember what he was supposed to be.

Edited to add: I just looked into it further. Some people were saying they thought he was a bull because he sometimes dated Clarabelle Cow.
I can vouch for that I have seen romantic flings between Goofy and Clarabelle Cow.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/21 at 7:29 am

One drives a car and the other doesn't.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 7:50 am

One drives a car and the other doesn't.
Does he hold a driver's licence?

Written By: Elor on 01/11/21 at 10:10 am

Well, this derailed quickly.... :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/11/21 at 10:15 am

Well, this derailed quickly.... :D

It was in the stars

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 10:44 am

It was in the stars
When the moon is in the Seventh House?

Written By: Elor on 01/11/21 at 11:23 am

When the moon is in the Seventh House?
And Jupiter aligns with....Pluto..... :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 11:31 am

And Jupiter aligns with....Pluto..... :o
Pluto must align with Jupiter at one time?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/11/21 at 11:47 am

I don't follow astrology particularly closely (although I have a great book or two from the 70s, as everybody from that period does) but what I want to know is, when Pluto was demoted from being a planet did it throw all of astrology out of whack? Does Pluto still wield the same astrological power it did when it was a planet? Do asteroids and comets have astrological power or only planets?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 11:55 am

I don't follow astrology particularly closely (although I have a great book or two from the 70s, as everybody from that period does) but what I want to know is, when Pluto was demoted from being a planet did it throw all of astrology out of whack? Does Pluto still wield the same astrological power it did when it was a planet? Do asteroids and comets have astrological power or only planets?
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space, listen...” - Douglas Adams

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/11/21 at 12:07 pm

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space, listen...” - Douglas Adams

"Billions and billions...:"
-Carl Sagan

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 12:37 pm

"Billions and billions...:"
-Carl Sagan
buqtdpuZxvk&list=PL6kapv4YcqLY1kKvVrz-R2dDAsMZw9Yuh

Written By: karen on 01/11/21 at 12:51 pm

Also, what about when they decided that another constellation was actually part of the zodiac? Ophiuchus is behind the sun in late November and early December

Check for new replies or respond here...