inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think 2020 is the worst year of the 21st century?

Written By: MikeyYankeeMan99 on 01/13/21 at 10:27 pm

We're already in the 3rd decade of the 21st century and a lot of happened during that time. But already, people have considered 2020 to be a literal dumpster fire. Especially to the point where Netflix made a 1-hour mockumentary about it. I'd get that it had the worst recession to ever happen since the Great Depression, along with a pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands in the U.S. alone, and exposed a part of systemic racism to the masses like never before. And that's not even all of the worst stuff that happened in the year.

I'm still wondering if people still think that there are worse years in the 21st century than 2020? I mean, Time magazine literally called the 2000s as the worst decade ever back then and some people bought it. While I used to hate on the 2010s, it's mostly because I was a slightly cynical teenager at the time. Never had I witnessed the majority of the world's population call a single year, let alone a single decade, as a dumpster fire before 2020. Especially when 2016 is still fresh in a lot of people's memories.

I know I lived through 2020, but will people still consider it as the worst year of the 21st century or do people say otherwise?

Subject: Re: Do you think 2020 is the worst year of the 21st century?

Written By: Elor on 01/14/21 at 12:46 am

No one can say for certain. It can always get worse. we didn't have a major war or nuclear accident in 2020 so there is plenty of room for things to get worse.
This is one thing I find amazing about our time. Everyone thinks 2020 was super bad while completely forgetting / ignoring that there were much worse years in living memory.  ::)

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/14/21 at 2:08 am

No.

I remember 2013 and 2018 as being way, way worse than 2020. 2018 more so than 2013.

Written By: karen on 01/14/21 at 3:07 am

We can’t know yet. Ask me in 2121

Written By: Sman12 on 01/14/21 at 4:18 am

Well, with the succession of atrocious world events that happened last year, it's the worst year so far. But I digress since the 21st century hasn't ended yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/21 at 4:21 am

We're already in the 3rd decade of the 21st century and a lot of happened during that time. But already, people have considered 2020 to be a literal dumpster fire. Especially to the point where Netflix made a 1-hour mockumentary about it. I'd get that it had the worst recession to ever happen since the Great Depression, along with a pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands in the U.S. alone, and exposed a part of systemic racism to the masses like never before. And that's not even all of the worst stuff that happened in the year.

I'm still wondering if people still think that there are worse years in the 21st century than 2020? I mean, Time magazine literally called the 2000s as the worst decade ever back then and some people bought it. While I used to hate on the 2010s, it's mostly because I was a slightly cynical teenager at the time. Never had I witnessed the majority of the world's population call a single year, let alone a single decade, as a dumpster fire before 2020. Especially when 2016 is still fresh in a lot of people's memories.

I know I lived through 2020, but will people still consider it as the worst year of the 21st century or do people say otherwise?
Please ask me at the start of the year 2100.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/21 at 3:06 pm

No one is for sure yet, We will just have to wait and see.

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/21 at 3:30 pm

Let's hope so. I wouldn't be surprised to see another pandemic in my lifetime though especially with the unhygienic and crowded conditions we put animals in, and meat consumption is on the rise. Perfect virus farms.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/14/21 at 4:35 pm

No.

I remember 2013 and 2018 as being way, way worse than 2020. 2018 more so than 2013.

I thought 2014 was pretty bad but that's more my personal life than world events.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/14/21 at 5:35 pm

I thought 2014 was pretty bad but that's more my personal life than world events.

Understandable, I say.

Check for new replies or respond here...