inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Screech Hospitalized with Stage IV Cancer

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/14/21 at 7:39 pm

Saved By The Bell heartthrob Dustin “Screech” Diamond has been diagnosed with a cancer in the Stage Four phase, and is now undergoing chemotherapy.  :-\\

https://ew.com/tv/dustin-diamond-stage-4-cancer-chemo/

There has been no mention in the various news accounts, as to what sort of cancer he has.

Subject: Re: Screech Hospitalized with Stage IV Cancer

Written By: nally on 01/14/21 at 7:51 pm

Saved By The Bell heartthrob Dustin “Screech” Diamond has been diagnosed with a cancer in the Stage Four phase, and is now undergoing chemotherapy.  :-\\

There has been no mention in the various news accounts, as to what sort of cancer he has.

Oh no, that's sad. :\'(

And he's only 44 (he had a birthday a week ago).

Written By: Wink-182 on 01/14/21 at 8:12 pm

I really hope he has a speedy recovery, we just lost Alex Trebec from cancer not too long ago.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/21 at 4:18 am

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/21 at 2:06 pm

So sad. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Cat

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/18/21 at 1:01 am

Hope he beats the illness!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 6:00 am

I just read at TMZ that Screech has Stage IV lung cancer. The prognosis for that is very poor. The typical stage IV lung cancer patient has only a 4.7% chance of living 5 more years.  :-\\

Oddly, Screech never was a smoker.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/25/21 at 2:01 am

I really hope he has a speedy recovery, we just lost Alex Trebek from cancer not too long ago.

Dustin is young so he might be able to recover quickly dependent upon what type of cancer he has and how fast it spread.  Alex was 80 and had pancreatic cancer which in some cases like his is incurable.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/25/21 at 5:37 pm

Dustin is young so he might be able to recover quickly dependent upon what type of cancer he has and how fast it spread.  Alex was 80 and had pancreatic cancer which in some cases like his is incurable.

I knew several local people with pancreatic cancer. The magic number was about 3 months survival. All in their 50s. I’m grateful Alex Trebek survived as long as he did.

I wonder if Dustin spent a lot of around secondhand smoke. Or had radon in his house.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/25/21 at 10:23 pm

I knew several local people with pancreatic cancer. The magic number was about 3 months survival. All in their 50s. I’m grateful Alex Trebek survived as long as he did.

I wonder if Dustin spent a lot of around secondhand smoke. Or had radon in his house.

IDK? Patrick Swayze survived for 22 months with pancreatic cancer before he died.  Which makes him the celebrity cancer patient who lived the longest amount of time with Pancreatic cancer.  Of course, he had the best cancer doctors he could get.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/21 at 5:33 am

IDK? Patrick Swayze survived for 22 months with pancreatic cancer before he died.  Which makes him the celebrity cancer patient who lived the longest amount of time with Pancreatic cancer.  Of course, he had the best cancer doctors he could get.

Jack Benny died from the dreaded disease within 2 months of diagnosis.  :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/26/21 at 11:27 pm

Jack Benny died from the dreaded disease within 2 months of diagnosis.  :\'(

Michael Landon died within 3 months of his diagnosis.  So it isn't that strange how long it takes for people to succumb to it. Alex survived 18 months after his diagnosis.  Patrick Swayze survived 22 months after his diagnosis.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/01/21 at 1:59 pm

He just passed away  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/01/21 at 2:00 pm

Screech (Dustin Diamond) has passed away today at the age of 44 from Stage 4 cancer.  :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/01/21 at 2:20 pm

Yeah, he had single cell carcinoma, lung cancer, that spread quickly throughout his body.  He was complaining that he was in a lot of pain and he went to a hospital in Florida and got the diagnosis 3 weeks ago. He went through his first round of chemo last week.

https://ew.com/tv/dustin-diamond-hospitalized-florida/

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/01/21 at 4:50 pm

Sad. He was the same age as me.

Check for new replies or respond here...