inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TikTok 'Blackout Challenge' kills 10 year old girl in Italy

Written By: 2001 on 01/22/21 at 3:47 pm

Well... wow! :o

Girl, 10, declared brain-dead after TikTok ‘blackout challenge’

A 10-year-old girl in Italy was declared brain-dead after she attempted the so-called “Blackout Challenge” on TikTok, according to local reports.

The dangerous game — also known as the “passout challenge” and “the fainting game” — dares participants to choke themselves until they pass out for several seconds.

But the challenge turned tragic when the child, who tied a belt around her neck, accidentally asphyxiated herself, Italian news agency ANSA reported.

Experts have warned that the trend is dangerous and can cause fainting, brain damage and seizures.

TikTok users are encouraged to flag anybody engaged in the challenge by clicking the symbol that says “Report.”

-----

I feel like it's this meme come to life.

https://i.redd.it/uawoc4jj2yd41.jpg

Subject: Re: TikTok 'Blackout Challenge' kills 10 year old girl in Italy

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/22/21 at 10:00 pm

Or the old saying “if so and so jumped off a cliff would you do it too? Usually the answer was no or no answer.

Not anymore. Sad indeed. I taught my daughter to not cave into peer pressure when others do stupid stuff.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 6:10 am

That’s how kung fu master David Carradine bit it. He was a practitioner of “autoerotic asphyxia”, and got off for the very last time at a hotel one night in Bangkok back in ‘09.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/23/21 at 6:53 am

Christ, the "blackout" challenge is still a thing????  >:(

This is why parents should monitor what their young children are doing on the Internet.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/21 at 7:17 am

People have to stop with all these dumb stupid "challenges", it's just not funny anymore!  >:(

Written By: Elor on 01/23/21 at 7:46 am

I don't get it. Why do people do that? What do I get by "winning" that challenge? 20 sec of internet "fame"?  ???

If it goes wrong you end up with brain damage or winning the room temperature challenge as that girl did. So stupid it makes me want to scream!

Written By: Howard on 01/23/21 at 8:06 am

I don't get it. Why do people do that? What do I get by "winning" that challenge? 20 sec of internet "fame"?  ???

If it goes wrong you end up with brain damage or winning the room temperature challenge as that girl did. So stupid it makes me want to scream!

Either it goes well or it winds up going wrong.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/28/21 at 9:44 pm

Well... wow! :o

Girl, 10, declared brain-dead after TikTok ‘blackout challenge’

A 10-year-old girl in Italy was declared brain-dead after she attempted the so-called “Blackout Challenge” on TikTok, according to local reports.

The dangerous game — also known as the “passout challenge” and “the fainting game” — dares participants to choke themselves until they pass out for several seconds.

But the challenge turned tragic when the child, who tied a belt around her neck, accidentally asphyxiated herself, Italian news agency ANSA reported.

Experts have warned that the trend is dangerous and can cause fainting, brain damage and seizures.

TikTok users are encouraged to flag anybody engaged in the challenge by clicking the symbol that says “Report.”

-----

I feel like it's this meme come to life.

https://i.redd.it/uawoc4jj2yd41.jpg

This would have been 10x funnier if while jumping the Zer went "YEET!"

Written By: duenas8 on 01/30/21 at 1:58 pm

Christ, the "blackout" challenge is still a thing????  >:(

;D So 2012

Check for new replies or respond here...