inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Godiva Chocolate Stores Going Out of Busines

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 5:28 pm

Luxury Chocolatier Godiva has decided to throw in the towel with its 128 chocolate stores.  :\'(

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/godiva-closing-all-us-chocolate-shops-pandemic-slumps-sales

Subject: Re: Godiva Chocolate Stores Going Out of Busines

Written By: 2001 on 01/23/21 at 5:30 pm

I usually buy these luxury chocolate brands as a present when visiting a friend's house (bet you all wanna be my friend now  ;) :D). With social distancing I'm not surprised they've been hit especially hard.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 6:25 pm

I usually buy these luxury chocolate brands as a present when visiting a friend's house (bet you all wanna be my friend now  ;) :D). With social distancing I'm not surprised they've been hit especially hard.

We have a salesman at my company whose signature thing is giving Godiva chocolates to our customers when he makes sales calls.  8)

He gets lots of business.  ;D

Written By: Wink-182 on 01/23/21 at 7:20 pm

Godiva is one the better more expensive chocolates out there, it's a shame that their stores are closing down. Now the age old question, Godiva or Ghirardelli  :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 01/23/21 at 8:38 pm

My mother was really upset at this news. When she goes to the mall she ducks in there at least 3 or 4 times for the free samples.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/24/21 at 12:02 am

Only time I’ve see a Godiva store was in the mall like 4 hours away in Ann Arbor. It was after closing time for that store.

Written By: karen on 01/24/21 at 6:07 am

My mother was really upset at this news. When she goes to the mall she ducks in there at least 3 or 4 times for the free samples.

Maybe this didn’t help them. Not just your mother, but everyone doing this, and not buying anything.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/21 at 6:27 am

I always wanted to go in to one of those stores and buy some chocolate,, but never did.

It’s sad that they are closing.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 7:32 am

We have a salesman at my company whose signature thing is giving Godiva chocolates to our customers when he makes sales calls.  8)

He gets lots of business.  ;D

And that's free?

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 7:34 am

Godiva is one the better more expensive chocolates out there, it's a shame that their stores are closing down. Now the age old question, Godiva or Ghirardelli  :-\\

Ghirardelli, They're pretty good.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/21 at 7:36 am

And that's free?

Free to our customers.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 8:20 am

Free to our customers.

That's pretty cool.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/21 at 8:35 am

Free to our customers.

That's pretty cool.

Plus when he visits out office, people mooch chocolate from him too.  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/24/21 at 2:36 pm

From what I read the chocolates themselves aren’t going anywhere. It’s just the cafes. Their online and retail sales are up. Only place in my town that sells them is Walgreens. To me they’re a higher priced Caramello.

Written By: Ripley on 01/25/21 at 11:52 am

I like them but haven’t had them for years. I usually get ghirardelli since they’re cheaper. 😁

Subject: Re: Godiva Chocolate Stores Going Out of Business

Written By: nally on 01/25/21 at 11:55 am

I like them but haven’t had them for years.

Same with me.

I usually get ghirardelli since they’re cheaper.

O0

Now those are easy for me to get since they're made in my home state. And they are sold in stores.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/21 at 2:51 pm

From what I read the chocolates themselves aren’t going anywhere. It’s just the cafes. Their online and retail sales are up. Only place in my town that sells them is Walgreens. To me they’re a higher priced Caramello.

https://shop.hersheys.com/dw/image/v2/BCVS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-us/default/dw4da30141/images/hi-res/hsy-003402_1.png?sw=700&sh=700&sm=fit

I love Caramellos with their delicious creamy nougat center.

Check for new replies or respond here...