inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My next single....

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/21 at 11:58 am

Just want to share this with you all! I am so very excited!! Wish me luck everyone!

https://www.issuewire.com/indie-artist-jessica-ann-to-remake-a-classic-1980s-hit-song-1690089404897637

And this is my main artist site with more info: http://www.jessicaannmusic.godaddysites.com

Here is a 28 second snippet.
kGvioF3AOFs

Subject: Re: My next single....

Written By: nally on 02/02/21 at 1:20 pm

This is wonderful news!! 8) :) :-*

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/21 at 2:14 pm

This is wonderful news!! 8) :) :-*

Aw, you're always so happy for me! I can not wait for this song to be released. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/02/21 at 2:30 pm

Just want to share this with you all! I am so very excited!! Wish me luck everyone!

https://www.issuewire.com/indie-artist-jessica-ann-to-remake-a-classic-1980s-hit-song-1690089404897637

And this is my main artist site with more info: http://www.jessicaannmusic.godaddysites.com

Here is a 28 second snippet.
kGvioF3AOFs

Congratulations Jess, good luck to you. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/21 at 3:08 pm

Congratulations Jess, good luck to you. :)

Aww thank you, Howard! I know I can always come here when I need to get away from working. You guys are the best!

Written By: Slim95 on 02/02/21 at 5:02 pm

That's awesome news! Very exciting. It is awesome you are trying to establish your music career and thank you for sharing it with us.  :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/02/21 at 5:13 pm

That’s really cool. Glad to hear that your music keeps coming along and getting more exposure. Congrats!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/02/21 at 5:19 pm

That's awesome news! Very exciting. It is awesome you are trying to establish your music career and thank you for sharing it with us.  :)

That’s really cool. Glad to hear that your music keeps coming along and getting more exposure. Congrats!

Thanks you two!  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/03/21 at 3:23 am

Aww thank you, Howard! I know I can always come here when I need to get away from working. You guys are the best!

Thank You. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/21 at 12:43 pm

Great news!

How do go about recording and releasing a track/song. Do you just record, release and wait to hear from the publishers, or is it vice versa?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/21 at 2:18 pm

Great news!

How do go about recording and releasing a track/song. Do you just record, release and wait to hear from the publishers, or is it vice versa?

For "Broken Wings" I contacted the lead singer of Mr. Mister. We exchanged emails, and he allowed me to remake the song. Then I proceeded to record.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/08/21 at 2:20 pm

For "Broken Wings" I contacted the lead singer of Mr. Mister. We exchanged emails, and he allowed me to remake the song. Then I proceeded to record.  :)

You were actually able to communicate with him directly? That's so awesome!! 8) :)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/21 at 2:23 pm

You were actually able to communicate with him directly? That's so awesome!! 8) :)

Yes. They are super nice too!

Written By: violet_shy on 02/08/21 at 3:08 pm

Just wanted to this snippet of Mr. Mister's Broken Wings, and my remake of it.

My remake of Broken Wings will be out February 14th, 2021. So stay tuned everyone!

AVZr83Mi75E

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/21 at 4:31 am

My remake of Broken Wings will be out February 14th, 2021. So stay tuned everyone!

AVZr83Mi75E
Does this cover of "Broken Wings" contain any giates?

Written By: Howard on 02/09/21 at 7:37 am

Wow, you talked to Richard Page?  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/09/21 at 7:40 am

AVZr83Mi75E

very nice. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/21 at 7:43 am

AVZr83Mi75E
Out of interest, how much are royalties these days?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/09/21 at 9:45 am

Wow, you talked to Richard Page?  :o

Yes, and his management people.

Out of interest, how much are royalties these days?

It depends where and how you distribute music. I currently go to Indiefy, there I keep 100 percent of all royalties.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/21 at 9:50 am

It depends where and how you distribute music. I currently go to Indiefy, there I keep 100 percent of all royalties.
How about the royalties to the songwriters of "Broken Wings"?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/09/21 at 11:57 am

How are you keeping all royalties? I could be wrong but it appears you have used the Mr. Mister performance  and are singing over it. Aren't they entitled to something? Even people who sample bits of songs to use in other songs have to pay the original artist/writer.  Not to mention just plain songwriter's royalties in general even if you had redone the song with actual people playing like most musicians do. I'd re-check that 100% business.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/21 at 2:42 pm

That's wonderful. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 02/11/21 at 2:56 pm

I'm not going to let them win.

You all should know that the lead singer's management staff gave me permission to remake the song. I have emails from them. I do not song over them...this is another similar version of the song. Thank you to everyone who wished me well! I'm happy!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/21 at 5:14 pm

I'm not going to let them win.

You all should know that the lead singer's management staff gave me permission to remake the song. I have emails from them. I do not song over them...this is another similar version of the song. Thank you to everyone who wished me well! I'm happy!!

What you have been saying doesn't make any sense. We are just trying to help you so you don't get ripped off or taken advantage of or get into trouble. We are just saying that it would be wise to look into this a little further.

Whenever someone TRIES to help you, you get all defensive and jump all over people. There are a few of us who have been around the block a little bit more than you have and know what is out there. We are just trying to help you. If you are wise, you should take advice from people who know the ropes.

Cat 

Written By: violet_shy on 02/12/21 at 11:25 am

What you have been saying doesn't make any sense. We are just trying to help you so you don't get ripped off or taken advantage of or get into trouble. We are just saying that it would be wise to look into this a little further.

Whenever someone TRIES to help you, you get all defensive and jump all over people. There are a few of us who have been around the block a little bit more than you have and know what is out there. We are just trying to help you. If you are wise, you should take advice from people who know the ropes.

Cat

Thank you. I appreciate that very much.  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 02/28/21 at 12:39 pm

Ok everyone, here is my new single a remake of the 1985 hit song "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister. I am also on Spotify and other streaming platforms!

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0uHlUEG3mp9pwXxNPAnxp0?si=gx6yb_JsSzeIt3QH-P4Fgg&utm_source=copy-link

DQWuwI_kJO8

Written By: violet_shy on 04/05/21 at 8:41 pm

Ok everyone. I just finished this demo of my next single "Where did I lose you". I could use some feedback. What do you all think of it? This is just a snippet of the demo.

7CN7tnnge6Q

Written By: Ripley on 04/06/21 at 11:54 am

Cat

I agree Cat. Jessica, do you have proof via video these are the real management? It is also best to get things in writing. Also to credit them in the song credits. Otherwise you could get sued.... this has happened to big long time artists even.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 12:02 pm

I agree Cat. Jessica, do you have proof via video these are the real management? It is also best to get things in writing. Also to credit them in the song credits. Otherwise you could get sued.... this has happened to big long time artists even.

Thank you Ripley. I actually do have it in writing and email.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...