inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Britney Spears Conservatorship Case Heads Back to Court

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/21 at 7:09 pm

The ongoing saga of Britney’s conservatorship is headed back to court this week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/arts/music/britney-spears-conservatorship.html

I work with one of her relatives, but (wisely) they don’t blab about the subject, and nobody at work asks.

Subject: Re: Britney Spears Conservatorship Case Heads Back to Court

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/21 at 5:11 am

The case heads to court today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/britney-spears-conservatorship-jamie-b1800790.html

The article alleges that Britney does not want Jamie to be her conservator anymore. That would be her father Jamie, and not her sister Jamie or brother-in-law (and Jamie’s husband) Jamie.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/21 at 5:17 pm

The court has ruled that Jamie (Britney’s father, not her sister Jamie or brother-in-law Jamie) will continue as Britney’s conservator, but it is in a shared role with Bessemer Trust.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56038523

Britney wanted Jamie removed from the conservatorship, and Jamie wanted Bessemer removed. The Judge split things down the middle.

Written By: Ripley on 02/21/21 at 11:13 am

He’s controlled not just her money but her life for years! He’s a piece of work. Her cousin, who was her bestie at one point, has talked openly about the jerk. He actually forced her to stop communication with Britney. 😡

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/21 at 12:45 pm

He’s controlled not just her money but her life for years! He’s a piece of work. Her cousin, who was her bestie at one point, has talked openly about the jerk. He actually forced her to stop communication with Britney. 😡

Jamie (the father) does not make any money off of Britney. Sadly Britney was gullible and vulnerable to all sorts of people who would do her dirty. Thus the conservatorship.

I can tell you that none of her relatives (other than maybe her children, who live a lavish life style that goes with having a Mum who’s a superstar) are making any money off of her. Not even sister Jamie. And Jamie’s husband Jamie did not even know that Jamie was Britney’s  sister when they started dating.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/21/21 at 8:13 pm

*Facepalm*

LyricBoy, have you seen the documentary? Nobody had anything good to say about Jamie.

"My daughter is going to be so rich, she's going to buy me a boat."
- James Parnell (Jamie) Spears, early in Britney's career

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/21 at 4:12 am

*Facepalm*

LyricBoy, have you seen the documentary? Nobody had anything good to say about Jamie.

"My daughter is going to be so rich, she's going to buy me a boat."
- James Parnell (Jamie) Spears, early in Britney's career

No, I did not see the doc. I just know the family.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/24/21 at 3:16 am

Just let her have her freedom already.

Check for new replies or respond here...