inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiger Woods in surgery after car crash

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 2:56 pm

Tiger Woods is in surgery after suffering "multiple leg injuries" in a car crash in Los Angeles, California.

The LA County Sheriff's Department said that it "responded to a single-vehicle rollover" accident in which the "vehicle sustained major damage".

The 15-time golf major champion, 45, had to be "extricated from the wreck" by firefighters and paramedics.

Woods' agent Mark Steinberg said: "He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support."

Steinberg confirmed the detail about the American having sustained "multiple leg injuries".

Woods was at the Riviera Country Club in LA at the weekend as host of the Genesis Invitational.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/56172067

Subject: Re: Tiger Woods in surgery after car crash

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/23/21 at 5:20 pm

History repeats itself?

But I do like Tiger. Hope he recovers well.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/23/21 at 6:31 pm

History repeats itself?

But I do like Tiger. Hope he recovers well.

Will likely come out that he was doped up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 6:08 am

LATEST:
Tiger Woods is "awake and responsive" following surgery on serious leg injuries suffered in a car crash in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The 15-time golf major champion, 45, had to be "extricated from the wreck" by firefighters and paramedics. The American suffered "open fractures affecting the tibia and fibula bones" in his lower right leg "stabilised by inserting a rod into the tibia". Injuries to his foot and ankle have been stabilised with screws and pins. "He is recovering in his hospital room," added a statement, published on Woods' Twitter account.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/24/21 at 9:40 am

Damn, I also heard that the road he was on was notoriously dangerous since it was on a steep hill and had a high count of accidents. It was a good thing that he was wearing his seat belt though. I hope he recovers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 9:45 am

Damn, I also heard that the road he was on was notoriously dangerous since it was on a steep hill and had a high count of accidents. It was a good thing that he was wearing his seat belt though. I hope he recovers.
I was going to start making enquiries on that was it a dangerous stretch of road, and do any members here living in California know this stretch of road?

Written By: nally on 02/24/21 at 11:12 am

Yeah, I hope so too. I may have been on that particular road on at least one occasion, possibly that portion of it...but we didn't go too fast or anything. Gotta watch your speed when you travel on such roads.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 11:13 am

Yeah, I hope so too. I may have been on that particular road on at least one occasion, possibly that portion of it...but we didn't go too fast or anything. Gotta watch your speed when you travel on such roads.
Tight bends on that road?

Written By: nally on 02/24/21 at 11:14 am

Tight bends on that road?

I believe so. That, and the fact that it's on a hill.

Written By: Wink-182 on 02/24/21 at 1:33 pm

It's crazy to think about how he was hanging out with David Spade yesterday and I Saw Spade's post come up in my feed. Sadly though it doesn't seem to be his first rodeo when it comes down to car accidents. Hopefully his injuries aren't career ending.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/21 at 2:56 pm

Would he need amputations?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 3:03 pm

Would he need amputations?  ???
At the moment, no.

LATEST:
Tiger Woods is "awake and responsive" following surgery on serious leg injuries suffered in a car crash in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The 15-time golf major champion, 45, had to be "extricated from the wreck" by firefighters and paramedics. The American suffered "open fractures affecting the tibia and fibula bones" in his lower right leg "stabilised by inserting a rod into the tibia". Injuries to his foot and ankle have been stabilised with screws and pins. "He is recovering in his hospital room," added a statement, published on Woods' Twitter account.

Written By: nally on 02/24/21 at 4:50 pm

^ Glad he's doing okay. I even saw news updates on TV this morning, both locally and nationally.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/24/21 at 5:09 pm

Tragic.  I'm glad they were able to help him and hopefully he recovers fully.

Given the times I've driven around in So. Ca. on visits, I've experienced some dicey roadways on some of those hills.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/21 at 5:56 pm

I believe so. That, and the fact that it's on a hill.

I’m in the trucking business. This is what we call “driving too fast for conditions”.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/24/21 at 6:26 pm

I’m in the trucking business. This is what we call “driving too fast for conditions”.

I’m not in trucking but it’s the same here. Doesn’t matter if you’re driving in 50 mph wind gusts on a sheet of ice. Which I have done by the way. Here there are no excuses.

I was watching a show awhile back about building a bridge deck in California. Workers spent a ton of time grinding down the joints that were the size of a pencil, because they said it would cause drivers to lose control. Geez they would never survive here with our broken up roads, even in good weather. If driving over a pencil sized joint was all I had to worry about, driving would be a dream.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 3:44 am

I’m not in trucking but it’s the same here. Doesn’t matter if you’re driving in 50 mph wind gusts on a sheet of ice. Which I have done by the way. Here there are no excuses.

I was watching a show awhile back about building a bridge deck in California. Workers spent a ton of time grinding down the joints that were the size of a pencil, because they said it would cause drivers to lose control. Geez they would never survive here with our broken up roads, even in good weather. If driving over a pencil sized joint was all I had to worry about, driving would be a dream.
I cannot image ice on the road in California.

Subject: Tiger Woods car crash: Golfing champion will not face criminal charges

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 3:46 am

Tiger Woods will not face any criminal charges following the single-car crash he was involved in on Tuesday that left him with serious injuries. The US golfing champion was driving alone on a Los Angeles downhill stretch of road known for crashes. His SUV hit the central reservation, crossed into the opposite lane, rolled over several times and then plunged off the road and down an embankment. He is recovering after surgery to his fractured leg and shattered ankle. "A reckless driving charge has a lot of elements into it, this is purely an accident," Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva told reporters. There no evidence Woods was impaired by drugs or alcohol, he added. "He was not drunk," he said on Wednesday. "We can throw that one out." He added the most Woods could face would be a low-level offence known as an infraction if investigators concluded that he was speeding or not paying attention, the AFP news agency reports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56193243

Could he had been distracted by looking on or being on a mobile phone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56193243

Written By: violet_shy on 02/25/21 at 1:40 pm

He was speeding...driving too fast.

Written By: nally on 02/27/21 at 2:56 pm

...especially on a dangerous stretch of road.

Anytime I have to drive on a road in the hills (which is not very often), I always drive very carefully, usually slowly.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/27/21 at 3:09 pm

I don’t imagine anybody was chasing him with a golf club this time.  :-X

Subject: Tiger Woods: Los Angeles police determine the cause of golfer's car accident

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 3:14 am

The details of what caused Tiger Woods' car crash will only be released if the 15-time major winner gives permission for police to share their findings.

A cause has been determined and the investigation is concluded, said Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/56598503

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/08/21 at 8:02 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/07/us/tiger-woods-update-crash-cause/index.html

Definitely excessive speed.

Check for new replies or respond here...